Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 Peaking into the Hen Houses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Peaking into the Hen Houses Next Topic  

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  5:18:48 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message

Mike Wilson(MaryJane's Farm videographer)and myself(Rene'Groom~aka~ Prosserfarmgirl/MaryJane's Farm Sisterhood Coordinator) will be peaking into the hen~houses to gather up some of those "eggstra" special merit badge recipients. Don't be surprised if we contact you,come meet with you and video tape what you did that was "merit worthy". We will then broadcast those videos on the MaryJane's Farm Website in a series called "MaryJane's One~Room Schoolhouse" as a tutorial to teach others how to do it to. Just know ~ MaryJane has been so impressed with the amount of talent our farmgirls have that she thinks it is time to broadcast it.Keep the merit application coming it could be you featured on the "MaryJane's Farm One~Room Schoolhouse".

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  5:22:27 PM  Show Profile
hey there you two.... always so nice to see a face from the farm. actually it is always nice to see pics of any of the farmgals/guys here. So howdy to you! The new videos sound awesome.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  5:32:28 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Tina.. since we have talent bursting out of the seams... Seems time to let some of it out!

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  5:50:25 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Mike is coming to Prosser this friday night. We are starting to film some of those videos we were talking about. Mike and I are looking forward to highlighting what the gals in the sisterhood are doing. I would encourage you,that if you know how to do something that you just know the other farmgirls would benefit from learning and are willing to show how it is done~ join the sisterhood,earn your badge and let us tape you showing how you went about getting your badge. Mike will then do his magic and we can get them posted on the upcoming "MaryJanesfarm One room school house". We really think that this is going to be a valuable tool and want you to be a part of the fun! You wont want to miss it!

Edited by - ruralfarmgirl on Jul 31 2008 5:58:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  9:27:55 PM  Show Profile
What a great idea!
Rebekka

www.bebebella.etsy.com

As a woman I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.

Virginia Woolf
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  07:09:06 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Rene...soo nice to put a face to someone you've talked to! And Mike....nice to meet you! What a wonderful idea too! I know...it is almost intimidating how talented these gals are on MJ's and at "the farm"...blows me away! Some are famous and some are infamous and I love them all! They are inspiring, motivating, and challenging us to stretch our self-imposed boundaries and I for one am thrilled you are doing this and grateful for all of you and your collective talents! thank you!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  07:22:24 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Sandra,
I really do know what you mean~ while I am may not be the most talented seamstress or weaver or what have you, I certainly know that I can "toot the horn" of those that are.. I guess that is my contribution.. I am a "tooter"........and Mike is talented and fun, and funny~ So hold one everyone we are "coming to the one room school~house near you".

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  07:53:52 AM  Show Profile
Rene, I'm a horn tooter too! please look at our girls =) I'm happy that you are all taking the time to do this. I can turn a lamb but I've never been terribly talented at crafts

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  08:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Annika,
We will be happy too. One of the features of this that is way cool in my opinion is; not only do we get a visual on the "how to's" of a project, but that we get to put faces with names~ which is always so much fun! I am such a people person~ I could sit back and watch and listen and have the best time.....and I am finding we all have that "thing" that is special about us. that "thing" that we bring to the sisterhood table and we cannot wait to "show you" just what we mean....

And gals;

Please please please if you haven't joined the sisterhood yet do so~ I am so impresed with the amount of time and imagination that has gone into this program. For me, it is like having someone build a map of all the things I really wanted to do, but wasnt sure how to get there... So in the areas I am unsure about... I get to earn a badge for trying (beginner), and then I get to take it one step further as an intermediate.. and for those things that I can really shine at (me, I am the people person, so the farmgirl spirit and helping hand stuff came easier).... I get to earn my Expert badge...............

I find that as women and mom's, grandmom's etc.. our lives can be easily filled with "to do's".. you know those long lists of things that others rarely notice until they "Aren't" done..........and it seems that once we get one room shining and head to another.. when we return to the first we can hardly tell we had been there because the "dear ones" have struck.....all the more reason for the sisterhood ~ it is that place that we "break out the tooters" and shake the pompoms and say ~ hey so and so earned thier badge today.........FINALLY ACCOMPLISHMENT! Ok, well maybe I am a bit dramatic~ but who hasnt been there? The sisterhood is a win win... accomplishment for those of us achieving the badges and an oppertunity to teach others (as well as learn from others)........really how much more fun can one person ask for?

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  08:18:50 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Annika,
By the way, I love that you're a tooter too.. the world needs us tooters!

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  08:13:20 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
We had such a great time when Mike came down here to film. A few of you have already started to receive requests from us to come and video you. So thanks ahead of time for being willing to share yourselves and your talents...

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17029 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17029 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  08:34:46 AM  Show Profile
boy o boy, you are not kidding, I am amzed at the talents that these wonderful farmsisters have. I wish I could gleen some of their talents, but alas I humbly bow to them and enjoy their skills and love for what they do.
I look forward to seeing the videos.

Happiness is sitting in a comfy chair on a shaded porch, with a nice tall glass of iced tea and a needlework project in your lap while day dreaming about future projects...
farm girl hugz,
>^..^<

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  3:14:26 PM  Show Profile
I love seeing pictures of the wonderful people involved with MJF and the forum!!!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  3:29:15 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Chelsey I am with you... I love to put faces with names~

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  3:52:25 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/

Maybe you have noticed that on the face page we now have a link to "farmgirl U"... that is the place that we will be posting the videos that Mike is filming of our sisterhood sisters showing what they did to earn all those badges... Keep an eye on it, as we will have a few posted in the days to come. It is the last thing on the page so easy to find. Keep the badges coming... If you haven't joined the sisterhood yet and or haven't started earning your badges .... I hope you will, we are having a blast and I would hate for you to miss a minute of the fun! Remember... we are peeking in on those that do and will bring them to you on the "farmgirl U".

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  3:55:09 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
http://shopping.maryjanesfarm.org/s.nl/sc.2/category.16/.f#Farmgirl%20Sisterhood

Here is a quick referrence to help you find the link in order to join the sisterhood~

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  2:29:46 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
By now, hopefully you have checked out the 2 new videos we have at the farmgirl U. One being of the Prosserfarm girls showing how easy it is to host a chapter meeting and the second being of the farms own food stylist Kim Fisher preparing a bake over. http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/video-library.asp their goal is to encourage you to try it on your own.

http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Mae West

Go to Top of Page
  **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Peaking into the Hen Houses Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page