Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Farmgirl Blessings . . . Drinks and MaryJane!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Farmgirl Blessings . . . Drinks and MaryJane! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  07:28:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, Farmgirls!

On August 29th MaryJane's new bedding store will open in Coeur d'Alene!! She will do a book signing from 4 to 6 pm. So here is the scoop . . . we will meet at the Dockside Bar (this is the bar inside the Coeur d'Alene hotel) at 3 p.m Friday, August 29th. You can park in the parking lot to the east of the hotel for very reasonable rates (I think some businesses offer vouchers for parking too.) If you are not a drinker, please do not let this meeting place eliminate you . . . they serve soft drinks and iced tea also. And, during the day, it is very quiet and calm. After we have all cooled our tongues and visited a bit, we will all walk over to MaryJane's new business and show her our love and support. If you have any questions, email me!! Afterwards, if we want, we can get a bite to eat . . . whatever everyone wants to do.

This is not just open to the Farmgirl Blessings chapter, but to anyone in the area who wants to join us!!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  07:43:33 AM  Show Profile
Have fun Brenda!!!!!!! You guys are gonna have a blast! Wish I could fly up and join you! Someone needs to present MJ with a crocheted pair of her own "you know what" floss- preferably in a farmgirl color!!!!! LOL! Love ya Toots!!! Hug everyone for me!

Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  07:56:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
If I go I fully intend on making her a pair!! LOL

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence is the key to unlocking our potential
Liane Cardes

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

www.justanotherhousewife.etsy.com

Aunt Debs Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5848156
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  08:00:54 AM  Show Profile
Yes!!!!! love and miss you Amanda!

Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  08:50:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh, if only I could crochet . . . I used to know how to macrame (when I was in grade school, I was oh so gifted at making Macrame Owls! LOL!) Not sure if I could figure that out!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  09:07:39 AM  Show Profile
Go for it Brenda- a macrame thong....our fearless leader could have thongs of every type!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  09:10:03 AM  Show Profile
how fun!! wish I could be there!

Blessings, Debra

"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.com
http://woolieacres.net
http://modernmanna.org
The best Christian health and nutrition site on the internet. Keep checking because we are updating the site over the next couple of months.. Major changes will be happening.
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  09:27:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
One word ladies......... Tatting ; )

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence is the key to unlocking our potential
Liane Cardes

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

www.justanotherhousewife.etsy.com

Aunt Debs Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5848156
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  1:10:06 PM  Show Profile
Due to my limited knowledge, my tatting thong (hmmm . . . try saying that three times fast!!) would have to come with the practice hankie attached!! But then, of course that could make it a "multi-use item" which is all the more practical and in the true spirit of a farmgirl . . .

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

P.S. Amanda, are you going to be able to join us?! We have to make sure we control Grace on the chocolate martinis, you know, so we may need your help!!

Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  1:33:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh I am so tempted to "come on down" from Colville. If I do I'd probably get a motel in Coer d' Alene so I wouldn't have to drive back up after "drinks". That poster showing the grand opening is beautiful. Who could not resist going. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  3:01:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh I'm sad! I'm visiting that part of Idaho...but I leave the 28th!! I want to see MaryJane!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  8:29:48 PM  Show Profile
Chelsey, any chance you can postpone returning for a day?! We'd love to have you join us!!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  11:09:36 PM  Show Profile
ok, I think I may have tinkled in my panties from giggling so hard about the crochet/tatted/macramed...you know what!!!, Our dear fearless leader will never live this down....1ol!, well since I can't tat worth a darn maybe I will regal MJ with my Zeana Worrier Princess Yell, after all, it has been awhile & I am sure her hearing has returned by now! lolololol!
wink wink!

>^..^<
p.s., I'll beat you gals to the bar, I think they have a martini w/my name on it! lol!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  11:29:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh Grace! I'd forgotten the Warrior Princess Yell! :) what a hoot! I'll bring along some of those special vanilla meringues from Trader Joe's ;)

Sissy

Farmgirl Sister #117

"The good stars met in your horoscope. Made you of spirit,fire and dew"
Robert Browning
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  10:52:40 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sissy,
I LOVE those meringues'
Wasn't that a hoot to see MJ's face when she bit into one??? lol!
Since she is not to fond of them I get first dibs on her's!!
I sooooo miss not being near a Trader Joes....hopefully in the next few years we'll get one out here.
>^..^<

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Aug 14 2008 10:54:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  09:07:28 AM  Show Profile
Final countdown until Friday! Yippee! This will be so fun! I am so excited for MJ! See you all at the Dockside Lounge at 3 pm with your aprons!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  7:09:13 PM  Show Profile
yep, apron on, and my debit card ready to be put to use! lol!
Brenda, do we know who all is going yet?
>^..^<

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  7:10:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Do you all know how much it is _killing_ me to know that I am going to miss the Grand Opening?

Have lots of extra fun for me, k?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  7:28:01 PM  Show Profile
I'm right there with you Alee - it's killing me too! I hope we get a full report from the lucky atendees!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  12:25:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey farmgirls, head on over to my blog if you want to get a preview of the Romantic Farmstyle store. Friend, Karen, and I took a look the store other day and I took some pics...it looks great. We have plans to head on down there sometime tomorrow. Maybe be will look for you gals that are meeting there. Be sure to bring your new Outpost books to be signed, if you have one.
See ya there!
Pamela

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  3:51:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh Pamela! I so hope you can make it . . . and maybe Karen too?! We would love to see you! Hope all is well!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  9:37:18 PM  Show Profile
I'll see all you gals there, can't miss me, I'll be the one wearing an apron...lol!

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  10:25:12 AM  Show Profile
We had such a great time . . . we met for "refreshment" over at the Coeur d'Alene Hotel . . . there were 8 of us, and typical farmgirl style, we all talked at once and yet everyone seemed to hear what the other said! LOL! Then we all went to MaryJane's wonderful store. It is so great! Luscious bedding, darling baby clothes by our own Mike's Girl, soaps, candles, jewelry, the cutest retro lunch boxes ever, cute postcards, amazing silverware sculptures by Dick Warwick (he did one of my shows in the past and is a darling man!), aprons, incredibly cool shelves and mirrors from recycled wood and old ceiling tins and much more! The colors are wonderful and you kind of wish you could just curl up on one of the beds and live there for a while! MaryJane was amazing . . . she had on a drop-dead gorgeous antique wedding dress that she had purchased from Miss Wilma. It was absolutely breathtaking . . . tea length, amazing handmade lace, the whole works and it fit MaryJane perfectly! It was hard not to stare because she was just so dog-gone beautiful!

Since MaryJane had purchased some antique furniture from me, I was lucky enough to get to spend a bit of extra time with her and Megan and sweet Rene (Prosser Farmgirl . . . I just love her!!!) and was then invited to dinner with them! Thank you so much MaryJane! It was a most memorable day!!

Sherri (Mike's Girl), I know both Grace (Katmom) and Pamela (photobug) took pics of your outfits displayed on a great antique crib in the store, so hopefully you can contact them to see for yourself! You do great work.

Hope the rest of you get a chance to check it out soon!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  10:47:13 AM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda,,,,
yep, posted my pics on my blog...
I forgot to mention your sweet vintage dress and that my slip kept slipping! lol!
(I did not mention my getting lost in the parking lot! (another Lucy moment)...hahaha!)
hugz
>^..^<

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  10:55:26 AM  Show Profile
Grace had you been nipping a little to much

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  11:46:07 AM  Show Profile
hahaha! either that or yet another "blond moment" & yep I am a true blond,,, I use to dye my hair red just to keep people from teasing me so bad...but they all knew I had blond roots!
But on the plus side, Brenda & I are twins when it comes to "Lucy-isims"..lol! right Brenda!?! wink wink!

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Farmgirl Blessings . . . Drinks and MaryJane! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page