Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 This is a "gate" free house......well.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic This is a "gate" free house......well..... Next Topic  

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  02:51:34 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday I decided to take down the gates in the house....well...most of them anyhow. I still have one that blocks him from climbing the stairs but other than that they are gone. We had a couple up blocking him from entering the front room and dining room but we have changed all of that. I thought we would be climbing gates for the rest of our lives! LOL. So far so good. He hasn't really gotten into anything that he's not supposed to. Granted, I have been in those rooms to guide him a little, but he is taking the direction of what is off limits very well. There are things that he shouldn't touch, not b/c they're unsafe but just b/c. I'm so proud that he is doing well with the new found freedom and is listening like a good little boy. The only thing we will need to remember all the time is to shut the front door. He can push open the storm door to easily for my comfort.

yesterday was only day one, I'll let you know how it goes. Everyday I realize that my baby boy is becoming a little man....sigh...
It is nice to not pretend I'm a hurdle jumper in the early morning hours now!!!! :P

Jamie

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  05:21:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yay!! Congrats Jamie!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  07:14:40 AM  Show Profile
We put a gate latch (hook and eye)on our storm door to help keep the kids in. But they still got to see out and the fresh air was great.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic This is a "gate" free house......well..... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page