Page: of 2

sourjayne
worker bee

67 Posts

sarah
seattle washington
67 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2004 :  2:16:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls! This is Carol here at MaryJanesFarm. I'm Design Director and Associate Editor at the magazine. I haven't posted to our forum yet; have just been having fun reading all your posts! Nearly every spare moment of my day is spent working on MaryJane's magazine and book, so I haven't found time to write to you all. But I do enjoy so much hearing all your wonderful comments about the magazine and all of your great dialogue and suggestions in the other forums.

Well, you'll be glad to know that we've sent the magazine off to the printer this week, and it is scheduled to start hitting the magazine stands about the middle of this month. The issue theme is "Hands" this time. I think you'll love it - we think it's our best yet!

I have an idea for you for the next issue, which we'll start working on right away. Its theme will be "Country Roads." Since I suspect many of you live on or like to explore your own country roads, I wonder if any of you have a story for us? If you do, go to our homepage and navigate to the magazine section, then "Keeping in Touch." I'll have Sarah post a current listing for "Country Roads," and we'll read your submissions and pick some for the website and possibly even for the magazine. Or if you'd rather just send to the forum, just write here or in a new category. Hope you like this idea, and can't wait to hear your stories if you do!

Much love and thanks coming from us here at the farm!
Carol

she laughed and laughed ...

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2004 :  4:47:09 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to say how much I have come to love all who post here on this site.

It is good to realize how many others out there share love of this earth, love of simplicity, and the love of growing and making things with our hands and minds from the things that God gives us to use for others. We must not lose that farmgirl mentality! It is crucial to the continued growth of this country and the world.

Thank you all for giving of yourselves and being so generous. I feel a great gift has been given to me through reading your posts.

jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2004 :  4:08:19 PM  Show Profile
Ditto!!

farmgirl@heart
Longaberger Lover and all things antique
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

64 Posts

Dave
Vestal NY
64 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2004 :  4:48:51 PM  Show Profile
Country Roads, take me home, to the place where I belong.....John Denver (RIP)
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2004 :  5:38:06 PM  Show Profile
Good evening all. Replying to country roads. Having just moved to the country last December, I am experiencing my first Autumn in the country or at least what we call Autumn in North Texas. It has been much cooler than usual-- 90 daytime and 70 evening. When I wake up in the morning and step outside with my dogs, I see the beautiful wild sunflowers and the round bales of hay just shimmering in the morning sun. It is so beautiful that it truly "takes my breath away". In the evening the millions of stars are like brilliant gems in the clear night air as I drive down my country road coming home from work. There is no urban landscape that can compare to this. It is truly a priceless gift.

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2004 :  10:26:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi Carol,
I wrote up an article on country roads using my computer and submitted it following the guidelines outlined by way of e-mail. I am wondering if I will receive any confirmation that it was received. I have found that I sometimes send things via e-mail to people and for some reason the attatchment from publisher is not allowed to go. It might have something to do with my firewall. Any way if it did not go through I would like to know so that I might place it here.
Eileen

songbird
Go to Top of Page

sourjayne
worker bee

67 Posts

sarah
seattle washington
67 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2004 :  11:34:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Eileen,
Carol's not here at the moment so I can't ask her if she's received your e-mail yet, but I do know we don't have Publisher here, so she might have trouble opening the attachment if she did receive it. I know a Microsoft Word doc will work, or just plain old .txt (plain text). Thanks for submitting an article to the magazine!

Sarah (sourjayne)

No artificial sweeteners added.
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2004 :  3:19:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sarah,
I went back to look at my document and found I had done it in Word so maybe it is there. I sent it to Megan at maryjanesfarm.org, not carol, will that make a difference?
Eileen

songbird
Go to Top of Page

wildflower
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Kathleen
West Texas
5 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2004 :  10:51:46 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone, I guess you can tell I am new to this. I don't join in to message groups, but you all sound so friendly and have such interesting things to say. sourjayne, I clicked on to the place to submit something about country roads, but am still not sure what to do. Do I just type it up on an email and send it, or do I wait on a reply from one of you? Anyhow, I love your magazine! wildflower
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2004 :  10:54:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Wildflower!

To submit your entry, it's best to just send an e-mail to megan@maryjanesfarm.org. Meg will be in touch with you when she receives it.

Thanks girls!
Carol

she laughed and laughed ...
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2004 :  5:06:23 PM  Show Profile
Dear MJ, Carol, Megan, Taylor and all on staff -

How is the country roads issue coming? I feel for the staff at MJF because we (your fans) get hungry for a new issue too often! I know you are doing a book, and I also once read that the next issue (Country Roads) will come in November - and October is fast disappearing.

I wrote an article for the Country Roads issue and I am looking forward to getting the next magazine. Selfish, huh?

But really, I just love MJF, and not only want to contribute, but to partake of the essence of farm living and sharing. Once again, thank you, all of MJF staff - I sure wish I could be one of you.

jpbluesky

Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2004 :  09:19:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi Mary Jane, Taylor, Cindylou, Megan, Carol and all You great Staff,
I too am anxiously awaiting my next copy of the magazine.
I even looked for it while I was at the co-op yesterday. None there so I guess I haven't missed it yet. I am of the opinion that even if you had one out monthly that we would want more. Just cannot get enough of a good thing. Also how is the book coming along. I am anxiously waiting for news of it as well. I love what you are doing! Keep it up.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

KJAMES
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

KAREN
SC
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2004 :  1:52:55 PM  Show Profile
COUNTRY ROADS.............NOTHING IN THE WORLD MAKES ME FEEL BETTER THAN WALKING UP THE HILL IN THE MORNING,GREETING MY GOATS AND CHICKENS WITH A "GOOD MORNING GUYS" AND HEARING THEM ALL ANSWER ME. I BREATH IN THE FRESH AIR AND THANK GOD FOR GIVING ME ANOTHER DAY TO SHARE IN HIS WONDER.
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2004 :  11:22:25 PM  Show Profile
I just purchased an issue of Body & Soul ONLY because there was an article by MJ in it. I love that she is spreading the word but I am afraid of the whole concept becoming another MSLiving.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2004 :  06:37:06 AM  Show Profile
Clare, thank you for the link to Body and Soul. I read the article. Hm......do not know what to think. I am sure MaryJane has all the right objectives in mind. And we do need advocates of the simple life. I just hope her simple life does not get spread too thin, for her sake and ours. That so often happens when success brings so many people to your door.

MaryJane, thinking of you.

jpbluesky

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2004 :  07:25:04 AM  Show Profile
I've been haunting my mailbox looking for that new issue. Can hardly wait!!!!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2004 :  9:07:35 PM  Show Profile
me too!!!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2004 :  3:23:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I have been meaning to add to your conversations but alas I do apologize at how long it has taken me to do so. We thoroughly enjoy receiving your Country Roads submissions. We are about half done with the Country Roads magazine issue. We are also madly working on Mom's book. We have decided we must put the magazine on hold until Mom can finish the book. Her plate too full, she has given herself a January 15th goal for the book and a March goal for the magazine. We are sorry to say so, as we know March seems a long way off. But for Mom, Carol, Taylor and I there do not seem to be enough hours in the day. And, of course, your support makes all the difference. So, please keep us posted on your thoughts and thank you, thank you, thank you.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2004 :  4:41:46 PM  Show Profile
Meg, thank you for the sweet reply to our questions. We understand deadlines, and the holidays are coming. You all must spend time with your loved ones first and foremost, even with deadlines! Thanks! And say hello to your mom for all of us.

jpbluesky

Edited by - jpbluesky on Nov 09 2004 1:51:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2004 :  05:40:06 AM  Show Profile
Dear Meg and all... I certainly understand and we all appreciate the beauty and care and tremendous effort you all put into the magazine, as well as the love. It is well worth the wait.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2004 :  1:59:21 PM  Show Profile
Meg, MaryJane,Taylor,Cindylou and all,
How I wish I could somehow jump right in and help out! It truely must be a daunting task to keep up. Thankyou for taking time to reply to all of our anxious curiosity. At least now we all know how long we might have had to hold our breath while we await the next issue.We can all exhale very loudly now and get on with planning all of our holiday events and then get back to holding our collective breath in February!

We love you guys!
eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2004 :  3:37:28 PM  Show Profile
We understand. It will be even more special when we wait for it. Can't hardly wait for the book too!!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

Sandra
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2004 :  05:15:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi Carol,Meg and all - I'm still trying to get the hang of these forums but re. Country Roads...how about an essay on the different ways of saying "hello". Ya'll know what I mean...when riding down the road and you see someone you know you give a little wave, if it's someone you don't know, you lift a finger (no, not *that* one!!! you naughty gal!). If it's someone you need to talk to, pull up in the middle of the road and chat. If the chat is going to be long, put the truck in park but NEVER turn it off, that's taking too much for granted. Unless, of course, there's a calf or lamb out and you need to help get it back in the pasture.

Lots of ways to say hello and all of them mean something different.

Sandra @ http://www.thistlecovefarm.com...a grasp on the past & a hold on the future...
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2004 :  06:54:34 AM  Show Profile
Sandra - great topic. Saying hello. Born in the midwest, and having lived in the south for 30 years, I have seen many lengthy and also many completely unspoken hellos. The slight nod of the head with a friendly face, the friend who walks up and puts an arm around your shoulder, the smile across the congregation in church, the glance from a car window. The wave of the hand from the field tractor, from a farmer who waves at each one who passes.

Saying good-bye also has it's ritual. My family said good-bye for a good half hour every Sunday afternoon. I knew when they said the first one it was going to be awhile. And then there are the times when it is too hard to say good-bye, so once again there is the arm around the shoulder, the tip of the hat, the smile in the crowd.

We humans are a wonder of complexity and yet so simple if we really look and listen to each other.

If I saw you on the road, I know my eyes would catch yours and I would smile, even having not met you. I can just tell.

jpbluesky

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2004 :  5:20:42 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the update Meg! I agree with Eileen, I wish there was a way we could help carry the burden.

I love the 'wave' here in the country. There are those here who do the nod if they don't know you. JP, our family is the same way. It takes me a 1/2 just to everyone a goodbye hug/kiss, then throw in the last minute conversations with the goodbyes, whew! It's sad to say goodbye, but the anticipation of seeing everyone next time 'round is fun.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2005 :  10:48:31 AM  Show Profile
Hello, I do like this thought very much. We will have to work it in some how. And please do keep the ideas coming. Isn't it wonderful to sit and ponder the many hellos I give and receive in one day? I love to pick a topic, any topic, and let my brain run with it. All the literal meanings, the implied meanings, the far fetched meanings...Every time I open my Farmgirl Connection I grin. And my mood always improves! Keep me posted and have fun!

Meg
(MaryJanes daughter)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Country Roads Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page