snowwhite
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Amy
Muskogee OK
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  06:38:31 AM  Show Profile
Thanks guys! Jennifer, this time of year my best stress reliever is diggin' in the dirt!! I've been too busy to do that the past few weeks, so hopefully I can get out there this weekend and clean out my herb garden & sow some seeds!

~~~Well I'm proud to be an Okie from Muskogee...~~~
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  08:33:31 AM  Show Profile
I have had a lot of negativity in my life just now as well. My way of getting ride of as much as possible is to open up all the windows and let the lovely spring breezes blow through the whole house. Then I go out and spend time cleaning the stalls and pulling weeds.
Robin as far as your answer as to if this is a chapter I believe that a while back someone set up a chapter but none of us could find it so we mostly hang out here. I think I will do some research and see if I can find the chapter.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

OneCraftyBugger
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

R

USA
626 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  12:23:59 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Beth, would love to know if you find it. :)

Oh happy day!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheFeltedGnome
http://bellasaysitsso.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

barefootmama
True Blue Farmgirl

133 Posts

Jennifer
BLOOMSBURG Pennsylvania
USA
133 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  01:45:00 AM  Show Profile  Send barefootmama a Yahoo! Message
thanks for the advice ladies! I hope to finally get all my windows open and also start some diggin here this weekend if the weather allows. We had some nasty Thunderstorms last night ,which I wish I was off work to watch. anyone else enjoy a good thunderstorm? I love to sit on my porch and watch them roll in(if it is safe that is lol)I always feel like everything is refreshed after one, including myself...and on occasions I am quilty of splashing in the puddles:)

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves,for they shall never cease to be amused:)
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  08:16:34 AM  Show Profile
I absolutely love a good booming thunderstorm. Once I get the horses in of course. They hate thunder and lightening when they are in the pasture. But once they are in I love to stay in the barn, listen to the thunder and hear the rain on the tin roof. My sister thinks I am crazy but a good storm makes the air and plants etc all seem so clean. I even feel refreshed.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  1:31:53 PM  Show Profile
i know how you feel about storms i'm the same way it energizes me people think i'm nutty
can't be serious all the time..lol
a storm is so cleansing, i love the way everything looks the next day.
blessings deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  2:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
I like the power of dust devils! We get a lot of them here in the high desert in the spring and summer. I always want to go stand in the middle of them! LOL!! I have seen them pick up sheds and toss them around like toys, don't want to stand in THAT one! LOL!!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

barefootmama
True Blue Farmgirl

133 Posts

Jennifer
BLOOMSBURG Pennsylvania
USA
133 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  07:50:02 AM  Show Profile  Send barefootmama a Yahoo! Message
Nice Candy!!!! that sounds like fun however Id pass on the shed tossing ones as well..also prolly wouldn't wear a shirt while doing it lol....we get a few small ones here in the dry spells of spring on occasion, but none as powerful as yours!! I'm always in awe at how nature is so powerful and beautiful at the same time.. its so amazing that a beautiful rolling river can also be a horiffic rushing flood..or how a gentle breeze that whispers in your ear can turn to a torando in seconds..Ahh the power of nature......breath taking:)

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves,for they shall never cease to be amused:)
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  10:19:30 AM  Show Profile
I'm all for a good thunder storm but you can keep the winds. We have had horrible winds the last several days. Thursday we had gusts over 60 mph. I was driving into town to go to the accountant to get my taxes done and had a big branch with a pinecone hit my windshield at 55mph. Scared me half to death, it was like an explosion right in front of my face. Thank goodness it only left a small chip in my windshield. Definately get you attention....you are right about the awesome power of nature. Kinda puts things in perspective doesn't it?

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  11:25:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
Goodness Sheri! Glad you were okay!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go to Top of Page

barefootmama
True Blue Farmgirl

133 Posts

Jennifer
BLOOMSBURG Pennsylvania
USA
133 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  4:47:29 PM  Show Profile  Send barefootmama a Yahoo! Message
Oh My! Sherri I am so glad that you are ok you are very lucky that you did not get hurt.It does put things into perspective though, just proving how small we are and how little control we have against the forces of nature and its raw power....amazing

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  5:15:38 PM  Show Profile
I think sometimes that's what it's all about - trying to get our attention. It's so easy to fall into routines until something comes along to shake us loose.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

barefootmama
True Blue Farmgirl

133 Posts

Jennifer
BLOOMSBURG Pennsylvania
USA
133 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  03:25:01 AM  Show Profile  Send barefootmama a Yahoo! Message
I agree..I am so quilty of getting caught up in mundane day to day manure that sometimes I need a jolt to wake me up and take a step back and realize that the earth will go on if I do my laundry tomorrow.....lol now if only I could find the time..

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  09:49:38 AM  Show Profile
Helllllllll OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been a long time. . . and oh how often I have thought of this thread; I so hastely removed my email from my profile. Troubles started here for me, that it makes sense that the circles would bring me back here now in my healing process.

I apologize I abandoned this thread. As we wrote last year and became acquainted, the more free I was with my opinions in the circles of women in my community. Somehow I was banished (again) when trying to bless situations with people who mistook my gifts as "spells". SO LAME and hurtful! I am sure ya'll have similiar stories, a lot of us come here to this thread just to share them. I guess that is why I was called back (even after I swore never to write here again, I didn't even let myself come to the site to read. Nada! But oh how my mind wondered back while I read "Mists of Avalon" this winter, dreaming of you all here).

I know it sounds harsh but the pain of being rejected and misunderstood (for my spiritual beliefs) was so heartbreaking that I felt like I needed to divorce the whole situation. Everything was so complicated because it involved the MJ sisterhood here; I wanted so terribly to be a part of but was continually questioned because of my posts (and pagan practices).

So now I have more strength (thank the goddess for the ladies on this thread who called me out and reminded me of who I really am! ~you know who you are and I love you for your beautiful Goddess ways).

Here it is. After I retreated and hermited all winter, wondering what is wrong with me. Finally, a friend recited "The Four Agreements" and I snapped out of it. Why in the world do I take it so personally?

SO WHAT?! if some ladies are afraid of "witchs" and think they are evil. WE ARENT. I know that so why was I so worried about being scary? No one can control what others think, all we can do is project ourselves, as true to ourselves as possible and hope that the perception doesn't warp upon being received.

My whole life I have been taught to be more concerned about how other people are feeling and put my feelings second (I know it sounds so cliche these days). Like a chameleon I try to anticipate people's needs before they even know they want it. If anyone is uncomfortable, I go out of my way to please them, usually making myself uncomfortable in the process. Ah I can not tell you the trials motherhood is for me. . .

The point is that I am here writing today because I wanted you to know that I missed you (all), my spiritual friends and soul exploring sisters! What a gift to share this wildly, modern, cyber connection that we all have. Thank you for staying on and adding to this thread, what a fanastic surprise to see how many of "us" are out there.

I will stay in touch.

"Anyone can count the seeds in an apple but only a Goddess knows how many apples are in a seed." ~anonymous

Watch VooDoo Vex by Heide at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmz2hwfKL9Q
Go to Top of Page

pgngrl
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Laurie
New Berlin WI
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  10:07:49 AM  Show Profile
Count me in as well - just incase you couldn't tell from my user name! lol
~Laurie

Jamie snorted briefly and picked up a needle and a ball of yarn.
“It’s no verra difficult, Sassenach. Look- this is how ye cast up your row.”
Drawing the thread out through his closed fist, he made a loop round his thumb, slipped it onto the needle, and with a quick economy of motion, cast on a long row of stitches in a madder of seconds. Then he handed me the other needle and another ball of yarn. “There – you try.””
-- Diana Gabaldon, Drums of Autumn*
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  10:55:10 AM  Show Profile
Heide - YEA!!!1 Welcome back girl...it hasn't been the same without YOU. I have been so super busy trying to get my plants transplanted. Hey, Laurie, one of my favorite books of all time and one of my favorite parts as well. Welcome to the group. Gotta get back to planting. Will check in later. Heide - will give you a call as soon as I can catch my breath.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

pgngrl
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Laurie
New Berlin WI
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  11:37:54 AM  Show Profile
Sheep Mom 2 - one of my favorite series!!! Hmmn since you are planting, I have a question.. Is it to late for me to start seedlings (spinach, radishes, peppers, cucs, and quite a few different herbs)?! Thank you!
~Laur

Drawing the thread out through his closed fist, he made a loop round his thumb, slipped it onto the needle, and with a quick economy of motion, cast on a long row of stitches in a madder of seconds. Then he handed me the other needle and another ball of yarn. “There – you try.””
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  11:54:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi Laurie - are you starting them outside? Once your frost is over spinach and radishes are fine directly sowed. I start my peppers, cukes, and herbs ahead in pots and set out the plants. What is your growing season like?

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  11:56:19 AM  Show Profile
Laur~ It is never too late to plant! This is the best time.
Sheri~ It is so good to be back. . .

"Anyone can count the seeds in an apple but only a Goddess knows how many apples are in a seed." ~anonymous

Watch Films by Heide at
http://www.youtube.com/user/strangesky
Go to Top of Page

pgngrl
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Laurie
New Berlin WI
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  12:36:01 PM  Show Profile
We are actually STILL getting frost - So I was/am going to start indoors. Where I live in WI, I'm on the edge of 2 'last frost' areas, so anywere from April 26 - May 9. I just have to keep my kit-cats out of the new shoots!

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  12:49:02 PM  Show Profile
Go ahead and start the plants (not radishes) but make sure if you are using florescent light that your plants aren't excessively warm. Plants get leggy if the heat to light ratio is unbalanced. Cooler is better with low light. We get late frosts here in a normal year too. I never set out anything tender before June 1. I start so many that I have an actual room that I use with a halide light. I do over 200 tomatoes, peppers, herbs and lot of flowers. Good luck with your planting.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  1:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
Hey Laurie!

Another Diana Gabaldon fan here! I could sit and read her books all day long!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go to Top of Page

snowwhite
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Amy
Muskogee OK
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  1:56:01 PM  Show Profile
Wow Sheri! I can't imagine having a garden that big!!

Amy

~~~Well I'm proud to be an Okie from Muskogee...~~~
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  2:11:33 PM  Show Profile
Not all of the plants are for me - I do some barter with others for the plants. I do have a big garden though. I only do about 75 of the tomato plants for myself.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

OneCraftyBugger
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

R

USA
626 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  5:12:58 PM  Show Profile
Tasha, do you have a link to your MJFarm chapter?

Oh happy day!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheFeltedGnome
http://bellasaysitsso.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page