Page: of 83

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  4:37:27 PM  Show Profile
dear friends, thank you so much for the positive,healing energies. doing a bit better, just dealing with a two week long migraine at the moment(not unusual for me) had my 59th birthday yesterday, my wonderful hubby and daughter treated me like a queen. thanks again. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  5:48:19 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY Belated Birthday!!!!

someplace between lost and found
annette FS#1372

not all who wander are lost

why worry about the comming storm when you can learn to dance in the rain
Go to Top of Page

witchwolf
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Jennifer
McMurray PA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  3:45:05 PM  Show Profile
Hey there witchy farmgirls!

Happy Birthday Phyllis, happy to see that you are at least feeling well enough to get online. Hope you're feeling better.

My Dad is starting Chemotherapy for CLL next week and I"m going to be cooking all kinds of wonderfully healing deliciousness. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions to make this be successful the first time around and/or make it a little easier to deal with for him and my Mom.

I'm going to be using a cookbook called The Cancer Fighting Kitchen and another called the New American Plate to build his menus. (Dad's a meat an potatoes kind of guy). Since I"m more of a kitchen witch I"ll be infusing some other goodness in there as well.

I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it.
-Rosalia de Castro
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  07:08:29 AM  Show Profile
thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. I did have a good day, I'm blessed with a wonderful hubby and daughter.

Jennifer, I'm so sorry about your Dad sounds like you are off to a good start with the cookbooks. he needs as much fruits and veggies as you can get into him. One thing that might be good is a fruit and veggie smoothie. I like frozen bananas, mango and spinach. it's a lovely shade of green. my Mom was drinking it one day and my brother came in, asked"what in the world are you drinking"??? she said"martian juice", LOL. it's hard to get those meat and potato guys to eat their veggies, and that might be palatable to him.

have you heard of Essiac tea? it's a combo of herbs that has been known to help. you can get it prepared at the health food store or make your own with dried herbs. if I had cancer, i would give it a try. sending positive energies your way. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

witchwolf
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Jennifer
McMurray PA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  11:06:48 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Phyllis, I will definitely be on the look out for the essiac tea at my natural food store.

I've had to take the tough love approach with him, I also reminded him that one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Just trying to drum into his head that he needs to change what he's doing in order to get better.

I"ll definitely be looking into fruit an veggie smoothies though thanks for the input.

I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it.
-Rosalia de Castro
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  6:26:06 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer...definitely try to get him to eat more fruits and veggies, cut the sugar (cancer loves it), some other good anti-cancer herbs (I have my mom taking these for stage IV lung cancer right now) Paw Paw, E-Tea (essiac tea), Limu (its a drink), vitamin D3, vitamin C, and some others. I'd be happy to share with you what I've learned the past couple of weeks, just send me an email if you like. If you haven't seen Forks Over Knives, I highly suggest watching it (and have your dad watch it too).

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet--Dr. Kioni

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  2:03:59 PM  Show Profile
Happy Samhain everyone!!!! hope you are all having a blessed day!!!
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  2:15:29 PM  Show Profile
Happy Samhain to all as well. What special plans do you have for celebration?

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran

http://farmsteadfripperies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  3:45:26 PM  Show Profile
Samhain blessings, all. Best wishes for a peaceful and prosperous winter in your neck of the woods, and everywhere.

Your manners will define you wherever you go. Never forget it.
Go to Top of Page

OmgsItsTashaRose
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul MN
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  5:08:37 PM  Show Profile
BUMP! So long ago this thread was started!!!! How are all my witchy sisters doing??

Formerly GaiasRose
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  5:59:10 PM  Show Profile
Tasha! So glad to see you back again. Seems like so many have drifted off and so many new names to take their places. What have you been up to?

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

OmgsItsTashaRose
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul MN
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  6:47:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh Sheri! Good to see you! I have been up to quite a bit! Life has changed dramatically, but all for the better in the long run.
I live in St. Paul now with the kiddos and my Fella, Travis. The kids dad and I split. It was a hard but necessary decision. Alcoholism is hard to deal with.
My Fella and I are planning to try for a baby at the beginning of the new year. Grace is 9 now! Zoe will be 6 tomorrow and my little man, Degory, will be 3 in December!!
Time flies huh!? So while I have no farm any longer, I do have the same mindset :-) Still living my witchy farmgirl life, but adapting to an urban environment....

How are you!?

Formerly GaiasRose
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  7:02:13 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like lots of changes for the better for you. Has it been difficult to adjust to a more urban environment? I don't know if I could handle living in the city after 31 years out here in the boonies. I'm sure folks are more tolerant there for people with differing views than out here in rural-land. Out here its' best to keep some views to oneself if you know what I mean....How was your Samhain? Did you do anything special?

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

OmgsItsTashaRose
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul MN
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  7:09:46 PM  Show Profile
Yah I have always loved the city more than the country...so adjusting hasn't been too hard. We have been down here since August a year ago...so it's been a little while now.
Samhain was wonderful, Travis, Grace and I went to Wisconsin to some elder's of ours place in the woods. They have a big burning man celebration every year at Samhain along with a great ritual. It was my first time out there for a rite, having always lived too far away before. It was really wonderful. Zoe and Degory were with their dad, so they missed out, but next year for sure :-)
Yours?

Now we gear up for Yule! I am pretty excited for Yule this year....hunkering down with the cold that has moved in. I've got my knitting out and working in full force and looking forward to the cold!!

Formerly GaiasRose
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  7:56:54 PM  Show Profile
Nothing big. I usually clean and purify the house and then do a small ceremony. I have been doing a lot of spinning and have got a bunch of new yarns finished to begin knitting some socks. If you want to see the latest you can find it on my blog under "Spinning my Wheels". We got our first snow yesterday about 2" but it melted off today.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  3:21:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tasha!!!!!! so good to see you again. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  11:31:33 AM  Show Profile
bump so that it's in my list :-) Got my user name back :-) Yipeeee!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
http://omgsitstasharose.wordpress.com

Go to Top of Page

Bornagainfarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Jenn
MT
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  1:48:38 PM  Show Profile
Happy to meet all of you! I have been following this thread for some time now, and is still new to me in some sense, I have never formally practiced a Craft, yet the more I find out and read, the more it feels like am drawn to learning more and doing more. I like learning about herbal remedies, native plants, and growing plants, and having a healthy relationship with our Mother, the earth as well. It is so inspiring to know there are many women out there that share the same interest and philosophies.
GaiasRose- I have looked into your blog, and wonder if you are going to start posting more? You seem to be busy settling into your renewed beginnings, so I understand that it may take some time, just wondering......
Happy meet once again!

....Trying to find balance with nature, and being responsible for my actions
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  2:04:27 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer, nice to meet you! I am Tasha-Rose.... Ihave my old blog but started anew :-) I use to blog ALL OF THE TIME :-) Many ladies here followed me in fact. I am glad to start again and chronicle my green, Pagan family life in the city :-) Stay with us you will learn quite a bit I am sure!! BB

Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:

Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  08:46:38 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer, welcome to the thread. Yes, you will learn so much from all the fantastic ladies who post here. I love just reading everything that's written, even tho I may not jump on as much as I'd like to. Believe me, if you have a question these ladies will have the answer. They are all so remarkable in their own ways.
Tasha-Rose, nice to see you back again. Know what it's like to move and start over with your life. Keep us all posted on how you "adjust" to city life. Used to live in Minneapolis myself at one time. Same situation as you - picked up my kids and packed up the car and just went north to get away from ex-husband. Best thing I ever did for me and the kids. Now live on top of a mountain in the beautiful Black Hills and have the most wonderful man as my husband. Couldn't get any better.
Blessings,
Annie
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  06:47:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jennifer, welcome!!!!! looking forward to getting to know you. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  06:55:35 AM  Show Profile
Annie, Thanks for the blessing :) Yah it's not so rough. We have been down here for over a year now and I went to college down here. I am much more a city girl than a country girl...the only trouble I have is that in the city, it's harder to go outside for ritual...

I am blogging again...it's in my signature :-) I'll tackle all of the old stuff: witching, gardening, knitting, baby growing, parenting, relationships, but with a renewed and changed perspective ;-)

I'm glad out little distance "coven" has not gone away...I've missed you girls over the years since I went away...

Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:

[url=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  8:22:59 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by GaiasRose
...the only trouble I have is that in the city, it's harder to go outside for ritual...

Yeah, but there are bookstores, and Unitarian Church-sponsored cirlces (CUUPS), music store drum circles and lots of other ways to find sister witches in the city. Such gatherings usually have lots of "hit the trail for the Goddess" excursions to safe city parks, outlying countryside and so on. You'll do well, if you were as lucky as I was in Washington DC for 35 years!

Bright blessings!
Go to Top of Page

mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  6:35:06 PM  Show Profile
been on hiatus, how is everyone? I just finished the semester.. Microbiology does not have strong kung fu; I Passed the final!!! 5 Nursing classes to go.
Phyllis, I hope your health is better.. how's the garlic working?

someplace between lost and found
annette FS#1372

not all who wander are lost

why worry about the comming storm when you can learn to dance in the rain
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  1:40:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Annette, woohoo, passed micro!!!! that subject gave me fits!!! congratulations!!!

the health thing is about the same. I think the garlic is helping with the blood pressure, just haven't been able to come off the meds yet. right now i"m trying to get ready for Yule, and reconcile what my brain wants to do and what my body will actually do. LOL. spending a lot of time being warm blooded furniture for my kitty cats. ; )

so good to see you again. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page