Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  5:56:16 PM  Show Profile
Cass you can send me your snail-mail address for the Round Robin!

Did anyone do anything special for Mother's Day? Our group honored the women in our lives, past and present. We called the 4 quarters and the 3 ladies were assigned a quarter and each one of us represented either, maiden, mother, or Crone. (I was Crone), We brought gifts for the Goddesses. It was lovely. I was excited to take Crone as I turned 50 last fall. It's a new chapter in my life!

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MelodicRevival
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Krystle
Pittsburgh PA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - May 22 2012 :  08:18:51 AM  Show Profile  Send MelodicRevival an AOL message
I am horrible about forums and so sorry I poofed for a bit!

Welcome to all the new faces, I look forward to reading more of what you have to say!

The weather in PA lately has been absolutely beautiful and so uplifting. I feel all the heaviness lightening up and it's great. A perfect time to work on the runes I've been commissioned to make :D

I'm hoping to start making spell candles(and general use ones) here in the next month or so, along with my dream pillows. I just need to get that darned craft room in order first lol

~*~Believing in love, fluff and cuddling stuff~*~

Shop: http://manifesteddreams.etsy.com

Farmgirl Sister #3888
Go to Top of Page

mamacass
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Cass
Smithville OH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - May 22 2012 :  10:24:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Krystle,
Greetings from Ohio. My kids and I made candles a few times over the winter. Was fun, and a learning experience!
Cass
Go to Top of Page

Jeanna
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Jeanna
Franklin NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - May 22 2012 :  10:41:09 AM  Show Profile
Rosemary, I would love the Robin Wood tarot. If you still have them. I am new to this forum. But I will be glad to reimburse you for the cost to mail them.

Jeanna
Farmgirl Sister #41

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Cate1313
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Cate
Manlius NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  11:17:50 AM  Show Profile
Ah Drat! I had the letter, I just sent it out and I missed adding Melanie and Cass. Sorry ladies! I've been away and should have checked the cyber world first.

...Still trying to find in which bag I packed my brain...

@Krystle - it's coming your way Sister! Can get them on for us? That would so rock.

~Cate
Farmgirl Sister #3450

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night - Sarah Williams
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  12:17:52 PM  Show Profile
OMG, I went back to page 85 to check on the order of the letter and if everyone keeps it 2 weeks it will be mid-September before it is my turn!!! Hehehe.....just think of all there will be to read and learn...I think I like being toward the end of a never ending circle....wherever that is!

Welcome newcomers !!!!! I am really bad with names, but I will learn them eventually...I promise!

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

MelodicRevival
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Krystle
Pittsburgh PA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  6:18:55 PM  Show Profile  Send MelodicRevival an AOL message
Cate: Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep an eye on the mail.

Marylyn: I'm gathering up some things to include in it right now, so hopefully it won't take me 2 weeks to get sent out xD

Farmgirl Sister #3888
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrie922
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Sarah
Philippi West Virginia
USA
43 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  05:20:33 AM  Show Profile
Merrily met, Cass & Melanie!

Melanie -- when it becomes necessary to label my spirituality, I call myself a Hereditary Mountain Witch. My dad, uncle & grandma have taught me a lot about the Old Ways, but never a word about it until after I was baptized in my community's church. Congrats to your daughter on her coming-of-age.

elysiumeveryday.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mamacass
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Cass
Smithville OH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  05:53:24 AM  Show Profile
Hello Sarah,
I love "Hereditary Mountain Witch" :) that's great. I don't find it necessary to label my spirituality either, I'm fairly eclectic. I wish the Old Ways would have been passed down in my family, but both of my great grandmothers who knew the Old Ways died young. However, It's definitely in my blood! I'm learning as I go.
Blessings )O(

Smile, It makes people wonder what you're up to!

Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  05:56:21 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Krystal, I was half way joking about the timeline....you take your time and enjoy those letters! That's what they are all about...getting to know one another . With as many as we've got, this could last for years and we will have barely scratched the surface! My sisters and I all live miles and states apart, their is one sister we write to (coz she is in prison) and I suggested on the phone to the other sister that we 'round-robin' and she just was not interested at all.....guess they are talking about me!!! Hehehehe....

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

MelodicRevival
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Krystle
Pittsburgh PA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  9:54:53 PM  Show Profile  Send MelodicRevival an AOL message
Marylyn: I figured :) I am very much looking forward to seeing what all is included already. It's exciting to think it could go on for a really long time!

I should be in bed, but I wanted to share one of my new items. I'm working on a new series of "housewares" for my website and sometime between coaster designs, I thought it would be fun to make a pentacle set.

This is the "Water" pentacle coaster that can also double as an altar piece. 100% cotton and it measures 3.5inches across. I want to make them in sets of both black and white including one for water, earth, fire, air and spirit :)

I am thankful for a cooperative and enthusiastic muse!

Farmgirl Sister #3888

Edited by - MelodicRevival on May 24 2012 9:55:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  04:17:25 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Krystal, the coasters are awesome! My crocheting consists of learning the basics! Still...after all of these years, I will do some stitches then pull them out and do some different stitches....over and over! LOL....obviously, you have some wonderful muses!

Y'all have a wonder-filled day!

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  06:34:22 AM  Show Profile
Jeanna, the Robin Wood Tarot is yours. I've found that Priority Mail works perfectly @ $5.35 PayPal reimbursement is fine.. If that's okay, email me your address :)

Edited by - Rosemary on May 25 2012 06:35:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

MelodicRevival
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Krystle
Pittsburgh PA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  1:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Send MelodicRevival an AOL message
I received the round robin today, so many lovely notes! :3

Farmgirl Sister #3888
Go to Top of Page

Cate1313
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Cate
Manlius NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  08:36:18 AM  Show Profile
Love the coasters Krystle! I'm a knitter, mainly because I can only crochet a jumprope. A loooong jumprope! Heehee!

~Cate
Farmgirl Sister #3450

Go to Top of Page

mamacass
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Cass
Smithville OH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  10:01:47 AM  Show Profile
The coasters are awesome! I need to learn crochet or knitting, either one! I've tried to self teach from a book, but all I can make is a long jump rope too :)

Smile, It makes people wonder what you're up to!

Go to Top of Page

MelodicRevival
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Krystle
Pittsburgh PA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - May 27 2012 :  5:20:53 PM  Show Profile  Send MelodicRevival an AOL message
Thanks so much! I'm glad you like them :)

I just finished the set for my shop, so here they are:

Once I made the final one(spirit/purple) I figured out how I wanted to lay down the lines, so they'll be more uniform in the future.

And so this isn't just shameless self promotion(lol) what sort of items do you have around your home to represent your faith? I've seen a lot of creative interpretations beyond an altar.

Farmgirl Sister #3888
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  9:43:41 PM  Show Profile
The coasters are such a nice idea, and beautifully made, too. I used to travel more than I do now, and I used to have a sort of "altar kit" that I packed with me to set up in hotel rooms for my evening meditation/private rituals. These would be perfect for that purpose: All quarters and spirit are represented, the set is small, lightweight, and easily stashed away when room service shows up early. ;)

ps: For your portable altar's God and Goddess, you could just use photos of loved ones, or something symbolic of each -- a small stuffed animal for the God, and a nice seashell, maybe, or flowers, for the Goddess.

Edited by - Rosemary on May 30 2012 9:45:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

MelodicRevival
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Krystle
Pittsburgh PA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  11:04:55 AM  Show Profile  Send MelodicRevival an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by Rosemary

The coasters are such a nice idea, and beautifully made, too. I used to travel more than I do now, and I used to have a sort of "altar kit" that I packed with me to set up in hotel rooms for my evening meditation/private rituals. These would be perfect for that purpose: All quarters and spirit are represented, the set is small, lightweight, and easily stashed away when room service shows up early. ;)

ps: For your portable altar's God and Goddess, you could just use photos of loved ones, or something symbolic of each -- a small stuffed animal for the God, and a nice seashell, maybe, or flowers, for the Goddess.

That is exactly what I was thinking when I made these :3 There are these lovely boxes at my local craft store that have all sorts of drawers and cubbie holes in them. I'm hoping to vendor at my local PPD in September and thought that making altar boxes with these, candles, some shells, etc would be a nice addition.

Farmgirl Sister #3888
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  11:31:23 AM  Show Profile
Krystle, way to go! Turning your local craft store into a nice source for local Craft. ;)
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  7:48:46 PM  Show Profile
Rosemary,

I would be very interested in the Herbal Tarot, if it is available. I have a beginner's deck I am using and would love to have an Herbal one. Someone mentioned one before but I cannot find one. This is Oklahoma and trying to find some of these goodies is impossible.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  10:02:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi all, just want to welcome our new sisters!!! Krystle, love the coasters!!! I don't post often, but love reading all your posts. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  06:53:14 AM  Show Profile
Greetings, gfs! What a gorgeous moon last night...so big and bright. I could see clouds in the sky around it and a while later I heard rain on my roof! I looked out my window and there she was peeking out between the clouds!!! Like she was winking at me! Well, she must have been, because we need rain so badly, and we live about a mile from town and they got NO rain! I love it when I receive special little gifts!

Kinda quiet around here....is everyone gardening? How's the round robin doing? Waiting patiently *whistles, looks around, drumming fingers on table* !!!! LOL

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  4:36:32 PM  Show Profile

Saw this on my FaceBook and had to share!!!!

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

Cate1313
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Cate
Manlius NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  06:46:17 AM  Show Profile
I had a long overdue loud belly laugh when I saw that! A lot of my friends are big foodies so it's like a collision of their world and mine. Perfection!

~Cate
Farmgirl Sister #3450

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page