KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  11:32:02 AM  Show Profile
I started gardening just because it was time the week before Mother's Day. Got the veggies all in. Then on the 22nd I lost my son so now I'm gardening for therapy. The day he died he red and white striped rose bush opened up a big beautiful rose and the day of his funer the hibiscus that my neighbors gave me bloomed a huge gorgeous golden bloom. I keep thinking that's his way of letting me know he's all right but I'm not sure what to think at the moment. During the first week or so I would get up early, go fill the bird feeders and walk through the flower gardens and then veggie garden. Made me feel peaceful. My big problem is the critters - I'm losing a lot of the front yard pretties (a burning bush, 2 peony bushes, and various others) to the rabbits. I will be enclosing the back gardens when things start coming out. Of course, I'm not sure what to do about the gophers.

The day after Joseph left us, my granddaughter Shyanne told my DD that Uncle Joseph went to be an angel and had to go because he had a really bad flu (she's 4). She says she hasn't seen him since. And both DDs have said they've seen him but I haven't. The ME has not given us a cause of death, so we're still waiting. So I will be popping in and out but I'm not sure about posting at this time. I'm still in a state of shock and anger and don't want to upset anybody else with my rantings. Just had to vent when I was the post about everyone gardening. Because I sure am.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  2:59:21 PM  Show Profile
Kay, I'm so sorry about your son! please feel free to come and talk about him, and how you are feeling. that's what friends are for, to listen and try to help through times like this.

I don't have any cures for the critters eating up your plants, but hope you can continue to find peace and feel your son's love while you are in your garden.

keeping you in my thoughts. please keep in touch. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  5:39:41 PM  Show Profile
So sorry for your loss, Kay. Gardening is awesome therapy--it has helped me deal with the death of my niece (who I helped raise and was more like a daughter) and my mom. I believe I've read somewhere that you can use fox urine spray or dog hair to deter rabbits.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

witchwolf
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Jennifer
McMurray PA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  10:41:42 AM  Show Profile
Kay, I'm so sorry to hear about your son. My sympathies and healing energies go out to you. Keep gardening too, Gaia will help you to heal.

I am in need of assistance in finding a name for a puppy that I have adopted. He is 5 weeks old right now, so he is still with his canine mom. He will be coming to live with me the first week of July. He is a terrier mix, he was the first of the litter to venture away from his litter mates. Since he so young I'm still getting a feel for his personality, I'm trying to stay away from anything that sounds like a command (sit, stay, no,etc)and anything too obvious (oreo,chess, etc). Any suggestions are welcome. I'm going to try to post a picture, in case it doesn't post, he is mostly black with white on his nose and on his chest, and some on his paws too.
For the moment I am referring to him as Little Dude.

Love the moment, and the energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries.
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  2:53:07 PM  Show Profile
He's so cute!! McCloud or Angus ;).

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  6:12:28 PM  Show Profile
Kay I am so sorry for your loss. How devastating.I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say, if you need to talk, we are here. Don't be afraid to rant or vent here. I hope gardening continues to be cathartic for you. Sending you loving and healing light.

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  6:25:54 PM  Show Profile
Kay, what dreadful news. Yes, life is part of a cycle that includes death, and without that darkness, there would be no light, but it is still so hard, isn't it? I hope you'll find comfort in your gardening, as so many have before you. We will all be sending soft blessings your way for as long as you need them.

Your manners will define you wherever you go. Never forget it.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  6:26:35 PM  Show Profile
Snoot.

Your manners will define you wherever you go. Never forget it.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  08:50:02 AM  Show Profile
How about Romeo? Wherefore art thou?

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  6:48:52 PM  Show Profile
Miss Rosemary,

I got the herbal tarot cards this afternoon. What a thing to receive right now. I am so happy. I'm still using a starter set until I get a feel for what I am doing and then I will put these to good use. I have just the most perfect box to put them in along with the rosemary sprigs that smell so wonderful. I will use them the best I can.

Thank you, once again.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  12:05:39 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Kay, I am so sorry about the loss of your son and for the pain you are going through. Sending good thoughts your way and the girls are right. Anytime at all you need to talk, there is always going to be someone here to listen.

Jennifer~ What a cutie! I'm thinking Trouble for a name. LOL

Boy have things been busy around here! I'm happy to have a break and to catch up. I am going back to school to earn a degree in Accounting and summer classes started last week. To say I'm a bit rusty would be an understatement! I've been out of school for 15 years and this is something else. But I am doing good. Keeping up with the homework and holding down A's. WooHoo!! Well time to get back to cleaning house.

Hugs~ Melanie

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  12:25:15 PM  Show Profile
*hugs Kay*

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  2:15:02 PM  Show Profile
Kay, I hope the Herbal Tarot will become part of your healing. Blesséd be.
Go to Top of Page

Cate1313
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Cate
Manlius NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  7:02:14 PM  Show Profile
Kay, I am so sorry to hear of your son's passing. Gardening is such a beautiful therapy and I hope it continues to give you peace.

~Cate
Farmgirl Sister #3450

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night - Sarah Williams
Go to Top of Page

Cate1313
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Cate
Manlius NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  7:05:51 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer - he's a sweet looking pup! Maybe it's just the picture, but he looks like he's got wise old eyes. So Sage comes to mind.

~Cate
Farmgirl Sister #3450

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night - Sarah Williams
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  5:51:00 PM  Show Profile
Kay, thinking of you today. please remember we care and are here for you when needed. blessings

Jennifer, love the puppy, have you decided on a name yet?

blessings to all Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

witchwolf
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Jennifer
McMurray PA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  6:20:29 PM  Show Profile
The puppy does have a name, it's Kaz. I got it from the Polish word Okazja meaning chance or opportunity. It felt right when I hit upon that, since he's a rescue and I'm a 1/4 Polish. His foster Mom said he's already beginning to look when she calls him that. He'll be ready to come home around July 7th. I'm so psyched.

Love the moment, and the energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries.
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  3:00:24 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer, like the name. suitable I think. He's a lucky puppy to have you for a mom.

happy Solstice to all. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  11:50:47 AM  Show Profile
OMGosh....I lost y'all for a while...I kept waiting and waiting to hear from someone, so I decided to look y'all up and I realized I hadn't subscribed!!!! Eeepppssss! Whew! So where are the letters now?

What a beautiful puppy and I love the name...

Hugs, Kay....I am so sorry...hugs, again.

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  12:45:32 PM  Show Profile
Whomever is handling addresses for the round robin letter, can you contact me to be sure you have the correct address? There've been a few changes in my life in the years since I became a "witchy farmgirl." Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  5:34:58 PM  Show Profile
Rosemary, I have the Master List of addresses!

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  5:35:59 PM  Show Profile
Hope everyone had a wonderful Solstice!

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  3:10:08 PM  Show Profile
Just got back from a three week trip to IA, WI and MN seeing all the kids/grandkids and now catching up on all the threads. WOW! After three weeks that's a big task.

Kay, so sorry to hear about your loss. Know what you are going through. Not easy, but you have good friends here that will listen whenever you need to talk, vent or cry.

What a cutie of a puppy. Like the name and it's meaning. Keep us posted on his progress after you get him home.
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  4:52:57 PM  Show Profile
Annie, good to see you. glad you had a good trip. phyllis

Go to Top of Page

mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  10:10:27 PM  Show Profile
Wow, a lot of news since I last visited! School has kept me very busy.. so much so thinking about it makes my head hurt. Kay I am sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you.
I would like to be added to the Robin if there is room and I am not too late.

someplace between lost and found
annette FS#1372

not all who wander are lost

why worry about the comming storm when you can learn to dance in the rain
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page