Erin Rock
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Erin
Grand Blanc MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  1:18:30 PM  Show Profile
Have a wonderful blessed Samhain everyone!!!

Erin Rock (sister #4131)
Tree Huggin'
Bunny Lovin'
Dirt Worshipper!
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  3:21:07 PM  Show Profile
Blessed and peaceful Samhain to all! I hope your celebrations will be good.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran

http://farmsteadfripperies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  6:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
The Lady Moon is gorgeous tonight. and clear bright sky to view Her by.
Blessed Be and Happy Samhein all.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2012 :  04:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
please good energy to my brother and his family. my SIL had a complete psychotic break yesterday and is now in the Wounded Warrior unit of the facility in WA state where she is posted. she s where she will get the help she needs. i am concerned about my neices and nephews, and how this is going to affect them. they are in NC with my brother.
SIL is to stay in WA a minimum of two weeks for evaluation and stabilizing, and then she may be moved to NC.
Thanks

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2012 :  09:46:59 AM  Show Profile
Positive thoughts going out to your family. I hope everything will work out for them
Malena
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2012 :  2:14:07 PM  Show Profile
Charlotte, so sorry to hear about your SIL. positive thoughts going out to you and your family. please keep us posted on how things are going. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2012 :  5:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Charlotte~ sending good thoughts to you and your family :)

Melanie

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2012 :  8:22:25 PM  Show Profile
Charlotte, good thoughts your way.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2012 :  04:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
thanks all
i looked it up and it sounds scary both to the person it happens to and those around them. i hope she accepts the help and that the family can heal.
Blessed be.

Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2012 :  08:58:22 AM  Show Profile
Sending your SIL and your family positive thoughts. Know what you're going through. Please keep us informed as to SIL's progress and how the family as a whole is doing.
Go to Top of Page

Erin Rock
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Erin
Grand Blanc MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2012 :  10:35:16 AM  Show Profile
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=61022 Okay ladies I finally got the swap together I'm sorry it's so late after Samhain I jumped straight into the school's bookfair and got a little lost. But it's up and I hope you will join me!

Erin Rock (sister #4131)
Tree Huggin'
Bunny Lovin'
Dirt Worshipper!
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2012 :  10:03:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
my SIL is still in the hospital in WA, bro flew out yesterday to confab with the doctors etc to see if she has stabilized enough to transfer to NC. my folks are taking care of the neices and nephew while he is out there. i am hoping that she has decided to accept the help she needs.

Go to Top of Page

Little Sparrow
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Shellee
Thornville Ohio
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2012 :  11:18:17 AM  Show Profile
Dear Charlotte, May your SIL know she is loved and many are there to help in the process of healing.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today. Cherokee Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Erin Rock
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Erin
Grand Blanc MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  4:23:33 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies what's new going on? Are you guys ready for Yule? I'm not even close really I'm excited this year (the first time in many years) but I'm not prepared for it at all. Any good tips to share or even just a peek into what you are doing?

Erin Rock (sister #4131)
Tree Huggin'
Bunny Lovin'
Dirt Worshipper!
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  6:29:42 PM  Show Profile
Erin, I always treat Yule (and the entire winter, for that matter) as the bright celebration of the coming dark season of the year -- the time for introspection and working on our interior lives, even for consideration of death and its place in our understanding of life. It's Nature's time for this. I feel we must embrace the dark as the companion of light. All light is as blinding as all darkness. The search for balance requires that we allocate our awareness evenly on both.

And cookies. And rice pudding. Plum pudding with brandied hard sauce. Holly and pine tree trimmings made into garlands. Cookies. Did I mention cookies? :)

Edited by - Rosemary on Dec 07 2012 6:38:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2012 :  07:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
i am feeling much better about the Yule this year. past years have been bad for us, but now i have so much to be thankful for this. i have been getting back on track these last few months so am going to try for a special meal. Mara, i like your ideas. i am going to borrow them. i used to love to do garlands, i am going to make some for the deck. with puppy i can't do much inside, she is still in the "let's chew it and see what it tastes like" stage.

Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  07:41:50 AM  Show Profile
Here ya about the puppy situation - ours even jumped up and got some things off the bottom window seal and also some things hanging on the lower window. DH is blowing a gasket and I'm patient with her, she's only 1 year old and will learn. I was guided to get another pound puppy after we had to put my other baby girl down this summer,saw her on-line and fell in love. So gifts are on the coffee table this year.
Would really like to try making some items next year - just didn't start thinking about doing that until late, so next year - like I'll start in July so I'm ready by Dec.
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  10:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Good for you ANnie for giving a home to a pound puppy. they have so much love to give. Our older dog is a shelter dog, and he is so good. you would think they would learn from each other. they are, all the wrong things!!
Coffee table? you mean you have space on a table to put gifts? LOL any time DH sees such a space, he has to fill it. Agh. i am trying to convince his we need to de-clutter. really, really do need to do that.

Go to Top of Page

Erin Rock
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Erin
Grand Blanc MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2012 :  06:41:48 AM  Show Profile
I think we are going to head to the Rochester MI Unitarian Universalist Solstice celebration like we have done the last few years and I may have one of my Pagan girl friends stay the weekend with us. The kids and I always talk about the value that the dark holds for us and without the dark we wouldn't have balance in our lives. I have the Kate West book The Real Witches Year and I think that the kids and I are going to work our way through it together in the following year. My babies are 7 and 10, it seems like a great way to really get them involved.

Erin Rock (sister #4131)
Tree Huggin'
Bunny Lovin'
Dirt Worshipper!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2012 :  6:25:08 PM  Show Profile
Just curious ladies...has anyone come up with the letter which was making rounds?

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Little Sparrow
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Shellee
Thornville Ohio
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2012 :  06:43:32 AM  Show Profile
What letter is making rounds?

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today. Cherokee Proverb
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2012 :  09:50:59 AM  Show Profile
I thought there was a round-robin type letter on this site. I believe it was started, and no one has seen it for a long time. Am I wrong?

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2012 :  10:08:48 AM  Show Profile
Judith, you're not wrong. It must have stalled somewhere. I was on the list and haven't received it yet.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2012 :  10:24:45 AM  Show Profile
That makes me feel so much better. Didn't think I had lost allof my marbles..yet. The letter idea was started on about page 83 of this thread. Letter was mailed per page 85 of thread. (May 2012).
Kim, are round robins ever started over? I really was looking forward to this too.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2012 :  10:29:24 AM  Show Profile
Judith, it might well be time to acknowledge defeat (by way of lost mail) and try again. I'm still game! I, too, was looking forward to the letter.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page