Erin Rock
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Erin
Grand Blanc MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2012 :  3:31:27 PM  Show Profile
So should I start the swap here or put it into the swap list?

Erin Rock (sister #4131)
Tree Huggin'
Bunny Lovin'
Dirt Worshipper!
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2012 :  4:23:16 PM  Show Profile
Will this swap be where everyone is partnered up or where everyone send their contributions to the hostess who then sends out to everyone else?

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2012 :  6:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
well duh, Jonnie, i should have thought of that myself :-)
Excellent suggestion.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  05:27:51 AM  Show Profile
Erin,

Swaps really should go on the swap page. Everyone else open to that?

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  07:30:32 AM  Show Profile
All this talk of swaps and Yule has me wondering what happened to our mail list thingie. Anybody know where that is?
Go to Top of Page

Erin Rock
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Erin
Grand Blanc MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  09:14:56 AM  Show Profile
I was just making sure everyone is okay with being 'open' I don't have a problem with it.

Erin Rock (sister #4131)
Tree Huggin'
Bunny Lovin'
Dirt Worshipper!
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  1:20:12 PM  Show Profile
That's what I was wondering about, too.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  5:04:39 PM  Show Profile
On the swap page is fine with me.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  05:16:03 AM  Show Profile
So, this is my thinking this morning and it could be totally off base... "They" would never hesitate to put "their" swap on the swap page. Why should we?

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

Go to Top of Page

Erin Rock
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Erin
Grand Blanc MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  07:10:37 AM  Show Profile
I totally agree. Okay so the idea of the swap will be a name exchange and it will be little decorations and/or gifties to celebrate Yule. Please watch for the swap on the swap board early in November (and I will put up a reminder here too). Have a great week everyone!

Erin Rock (sister #4131)
Tree Huggin'
Bunny Lovin'
Dirt Worshipper!
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  09:10:48 AM  Show Profile
I'm in.
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  4:46:50 PM  Show Profile
Sounds good!

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  6:07:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
since i am new to the forum how will this work?

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

Erin Rock
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Erin
Grand Blanc MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  06:19:35 AM  Show Profile
If you are asking about the swap I was getting a feel if anyone was interested the actual swap will go up in the swaps section with full instructions in a bit. Welcome to the forum!

Erin Rock (sister #4131)
Tree Huggin'
Bunny Lovin'
Dirt Worshipper!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  12:27:46 PM  Show Profile
I'm in for the Yule swap!! Who has the Round Robin letter now!

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Hazel
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Jen
Bridgeport Pa
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  12:27:31 PM  Show Profile
But wouldn't we have to make sure people knew it was a YULE swap? Cause some people might be in for a surprise if they didn't catch that lil tid bit....
Go to Top of Page

Cate1313
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Cate
Manlius NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  7:26:40 PM  Show Profile
I've been away and missed so much! (Adjusting to a new job) Hope everyone is well and had a blessed Mabon. Merry meet to all new ladies! Getting so very excited for Samhain!!

I am also wondering about the round robin letters. Any word?

Count me in for the swap and I will look for it in November too. Can you imagine if someone didn't get that it's for Yule? Cue funny shock moment! (she snort laughs)

~Cate
Farmgirl Sister #3450

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night - Sarah Williams
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  8:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I just finished up my homework for the night so now it's time for a little reward.

I've also been wondering about the letters. Anxiously waiting lol....

Actually Cate, I think you'd be surprised at how many might not understand the nature of the swap. Before exploring this path, I associated the word "Yule" with Christmas. I never thought of it having a pagan origin. And well that brings me to my question and I feel a little dingy asking it, but forgive me I am still very new. What kind of ornaments would be appropriate for this swap? I'm considering signing up, but want to make sure I fully understand what will be expected. I do not wish to let my partner down should I chime in.

Oh and I have a question for our card readers... Mostly directed towards Tarot, but any card readers could answer this. I have been practicing with my cards in my spare time. You know to get a feel for the cards and work on learning the meanings. I've been wondering about reading for others for practice, but I'm not quite ready. I know I still have a lot to learn. I tried to schedule an appointment with a local reader but have not heard back from him. So....I'm curious about when in your study did you decide to start reading for others and how did you go about starting, who did you read for?

Well tomorrow is going to be a super long day. HUD is coming to do their yearly inspection of the apartment complex I clean. The office people are always so stressed out they make the rest of us nuts. LOL I suppose I better call it a night.

Melanie

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Hazel
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Jen
Bridgeport Pa
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  05:49:15 AM  Show Profile
I agree about people being confused about our swap if we put it in the swap section....... But then again, who ever starts it would be the one everyone contacts, so that person can make sure they understand what it's REALLY all about.
As for the letters, I keep seing everyone ask but no one answers..... So we need to who find out WHO started it and what names were on the list...then THAT person should privately contact each person to see if they sent it and to whom until it's clear where the line ends. Maybe someone who doesn't go on here anymore has them?
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  5:09:58 PM  Show Profile
I don't read tarot, but I started doing reading for myself and when I got fairly comfortable with that I started doing readings for friends and family --with the statement "I'm still learning so don't expect an indepth and all professional reading" (like you ever stop learning, right?) Anyway, when I am trying out a new oracle, I still do the same thing. I do not do "professional" readings though-- it's just not for me --but I do thoroughly enjoy doing readings for myself and select people.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  8:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
That is how I feel Rachel. I don't wish to do "professional" readings either. If I remember correctly "professionals" around here charge anywhere from $50 to $70 per hour. OUCH! It's not money I'm interested in. I just wish to share the cards with others.

Melanie

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2012 :  10:27:21 AM  Show Profile
OK I started the Round Robin, here is the order; Me, Christine, Rachel, Cate, Krystle, Sarah, Phyllis, Mara, Judith, Robin, Rachell and then the newbies were added to the bottom of the list as they came up and who ever had the letter currently, add the newest names. *sigh* I say after we figure out what happened (lost in the mail, someone didn't mail it) we just start up with the whoever was supposed to receive it next. I'll send everyone a private e-mail. I leave for vacation on Wednesday and will not have internet access until I get back on Nov 1.

I really wonder if we shouldn't just post the Yule swap here?

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Erin Rock
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Erin
Grand Blanc MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2012 :  1:02:30 PM  Show Profile
I will be trying my best to be very specific that it is a swap for the Pagan Yule and I am going to put in a picture of some ideas for the swap. I don't think that there are any rules about what has to be included but I will put up some suggestions. I'm hammering out the details now and should have that up sooner than later :)

Erin Rock (sister #4131)
Tree Huggin'
Bunny Lovin'
Dirt Worshipper!
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2012 :  3:09:20 PM  Show Profile
Melanie, besides not really feeling inclined to charge like that (its crazy!!) I just don't feel like I get as much out of a reading as most "professionals" do. The readings I do are pretty short & to the point, which works well for me, but I wouldn't be very good at giving someone some really in depth information. I've had a few readings like that, very detailed and in depth but I guess I'm just not that "in tune" or something to get that much from looking at a card or stone.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  07:35:08 AM  Show Profile
everyone in Sandy's path, stay safe. Keeping you all in my thoughts. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic