mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  11:11:24 PM  Show Profile
hello sisters! been a long time since I last visited.. life just keeps putting its foot in the door! I would like to join the RR and have a suggestion.... a spiral notebook for our "letters". Easy to keep together so noones letter inadvertently lost or forgotten and easy to mail on to the next.

Annette

someplace between lost and found
annette FS#1372

not all who wander are lost

why worry about the comming storm when you can learn to dance in the rain
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  07:54:10 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, mammashaw! We are up to nine for the round robin. Annette has a good and valid suggestion. What do the others think of this? A spiral would indeed keep things tidy. Do we have suggestions or opinions?

For myself it will be a shorter letter only because I have arthritis and writing is more difficult than keyboarding. I will go with the majority of answers.

We have a new moon. And, today is "World Oceans Day" (MJF calendar)

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  08:14:39 AM  Show Profile
I think a spiral notebook is a practical idea. Those of us who would rather add a more personal sort of note could just tape it to a page. I would do that only because I use fountain pens, and the ink bleeds horribly on notebook paper.
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  10:31:17 AM  Show Profile
I love the idea of a notebook of some sort. A printed letter can be stapled, taped, sewn or any other creative idea you have to attach paper. I adore altered books and so throwing in an occasional bookmark can be fun as well.

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
Handwork - www.danaschultz.wordpress.com
Spiritual Weaving - www.interweavinglife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  6:13:45 PM  Show Profile
Great suggestions so far, ladies! I'm sure I could adapt to that! Also, since the letters will eventually come back to me (hopefully); and, I will send a copy of all to each of you...We could have a drawing for the finished Original. Ta da! What do you think?

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  6:25:05 PM  Show Profile
That sounds like an awesome idea!

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  7:00:09 PM  Show Profile
Judith, I love that solution. I guess we'll all need to keep the limitations of photocopying in mind when we create our letters -- keep it two dimensional, girls :)
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  7:58:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for thinking ahead for me, Mara...great idea!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2013 :  10:08:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
i think a notebook is a great idea. i use a fountain pen also. just something about the ink flowing on the page.
very good idea.
i am looking forward to the rr.
things are looking up for us. i saw a bluebird on the way to work Friday. a real bluebird. what a wonderful sign :-)

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2013 :  08:59:02 AM  Show Profile
Yeah! Kim has joined us for the round robin..I was hoping for that too! That makes us Ten so far!

Also, the notebook seems to be a popular idea. So, I will go with that!

Farmgirl hugs,
Judith

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Hazel
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Jen
Bridgeport Pa
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2013 :  10:14:28 AM  Show Profile
I'm in for the round robin! I signed up last time , so count me in! The notebook idea is great!
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2013 :  10:43:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
i am looking forward to the rr. i dont' recall that i have ever participated in one. so what kinds of things do we write about? just whatever strikes our fancy? do we stick to one tbing? just not sure which way to go here.

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2013 :  1:48:16 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I love the ideas! I'm soooo looking forward to this!

Blogs~
http://simplylanie.blogspot.com/
http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2013 :  5:01:47 PM  Show Profile
I've added your name to the round robin, Hazel! Welcome!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2013 :  5:12:36 PM  Show Profile
Charlotte, I've wondered about that, too. The tendency is to put down some deathless prose for future generations, but you know, if I could have just random scribbles from my ancestors about what they did that day, I would treasure that! Either way has its merits. Go with what moves you in the moment.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  08:01:07 AM  Show Profile
I've never joined a round robin before. "Random House Kenerman Webster's College Dictionary 2010: n: a letter, notice or the like, circulated from person to person in a group often with individual comments being added by each."

I read online about a group of women who had been circulating their letters for 58 years. (This article was dated 1/16/89.) "Every week or so, one member of the round-robin gets a fat envelope filled with notes, clippings, and photos from each correspondent. She removes her own earlier contribution, adds something new and mails the whole package to the next name on the list. The letter serves as a forum for political, spiritual and literary ideas." Personally, I would like to see it kept light..what's going on with you lately? What new ideas have intrigued you? etc. Whatever you want to write about or include.

Can't wait to mail mine and get this started!!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  09:59:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
i think random scribbles would be great. or as Judith points out, keep it light, hopefully the rr will be uplifting and fun, not depressing.

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  6:15:51 PM  Show Profile
And remember, we're WITCHY. We can scribble witchy things. I'd love to know what my witchy farmgirl sisters do to mark the seasons and so on that might be unique to where they live, or their family heritages.
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  10:01:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
and i think that is one of the best reasons. i am looking forward to learning.
my life has been so twisted the last 6-8 months, that i reallyl need to get it going the right way round again. writing will help with that
a lot
i hope

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  10:01:06 AM  Show Profile
just FYI: Tomorrow, Saturday, June 15, 6PM CST, cut-off for witchy farmgirls round robin! Come fly with us!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  5:14:21 PM  Show Profile
Okay, witchy farmgirls, the round robin is now closed. I will make a list of the letter writers (It looks like we are 11..a nice uneven number). I will include the few rules again in the first letter with a list of the members. We started planning this latest round robin on page 118 of this thread if you would like to backtrack. Have a wonderful time with this!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jun 15 2013 5:21:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2013 :  2:49:16 PM  Show Profile
okay, robin members, first letter with spiral journal is in the mail to katlady93. Have fun!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  05:17:54 AM  Show Profile
Blessed Solstice to all my witchy sisters out there :)
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  09:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Blessed Be to all my new friends here on the Soltice.

looking forward to the round robin. don't know if i like being one of the first writers.........

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2013 :  07:28:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Received the notebook yesterday!! what fun.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page