forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  08:35:48 AM  Show Profile
So, witchy farmgirls, as I was in my garden I thought back to when I was a little girl. (looooooooong time ago) My interest in plants, herbs and their uses began as I read fairy tales. (I read every tale I could get my hands on at the library) I always wondered how on earth someone would get hold of a devil's claw, for example. It wasn't until I was a young woman that I realized this was a very useful plant.

What was your first interest/introduction to the world of witchiness?

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  3:03:51 PM  Show Profile
How did I first come to the path? Well, it could be because my mother's favorite holiday was Halloween! She dressed as a witch and sat on the corner of our yard with a giant cauldron full of hot apple cider to scoop up for the trick or treaters! I always loved playing as a small child under the trees and creating fairy and gnome homes. When older I would pretend to be a botanist and stir up and create all manner of brews. Remember when kids played outside until dark? Once I discovered Celtic Christianity it all clicked. I began searching for my "indigenous" roots. Being deeply Irish on both sides of my family the Druid path first called! Now I'm more of an appalachian granny woman.

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
Handwork - www.danaschultz.wordpress.com
Spiritual Weaving - www.interweavinglife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  10:02:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
i came across it quite by accident. some time ago (actually a long time ago, if i were to be trueful) i was reading Mercedes Lackey's Diane Tregarde mysteries. it was an extremely low time in my life and i escaped into books anytiime i could. Diane was Wiccan, and made several refereces to it throughout the story. i was intrgued and started researching it. at that time (pre-internet) , it was not easy to find information of any kind. much easier now. i stumbled across Cunningham's Solitary Practioner, and that was that. from there i drifted for a while, but it seemed i always drifted back. and now it just feels so right. DH is very supportive. he even found several items for my altar. this summer i have drifted away a bit, dang "reality" intruding, but i am getting back. pulled out a Garden's Witches Herbal last night when i couldn't sleep and read for a bit. and then drifted off to a very restful night's sleep.
i am so very glad i found this forum, so many like minded poeple with so many other interests in common.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2013 :  7:18:03 PM  Show Profile
Wanted to let you know the notebook arrived in Ga. today! Perfect timing to sit down with a cup of tea and read ; ) How groovy! I'll get to writing and let you know when I mail it out!

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2013 :  09:43:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
have fun! and enjoy your tea. i hope you have a treat with it.

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  09:34:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Okay my wonderful witchy friends. Please send good thoughts my way if you have a few free ones. Just got a call from Chobani about an accounting job and have a phone interview Monday. step one.
Thanks much
Charlotte

Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  12:19:51 PM  Show Profile
Pink bubbles of perfect outcome coming your way!

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  12:43:58 PM  Show Profile
Good thoughts and wishes coming your way! Good luck to you my farmgirl friend!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2013 :  08:59:31 AM  Show Profile
The notebook is on its way to Mara!

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2013 :  09:41:23 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh! I can't wait to see!!!
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2013 :  11:14:38 AM  Show Profile
I added a pocket for letters or extra info in the front of the notebook. It needs some trim like wasabi tape, but i am out. Add to the magic!

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2013 :  07:57:30 AM  Show Profile
Way to go, ladies, for keeping the notebook moving along. Can't wait to see/read the end results! August already. My yarrow looks beautiful next to the bee balm.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  1:38:15 PM  Show Profile
I received the pretty little notebook in yesterday's mail but have been too busy to curl up with it. The plan is to do that tonight.

Dana, thanks for mentioning washi tape -- I'd never heard of it before. Interesting.
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2013 :  6:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Greetings all. well it never rains but it pours and pours and pours. With all the stress at work, and the stress at home,no sleep, not watching my diet, etc. etc. i had a major meltdown last week. and wound up in the hospital for a few days. so i have two weeks off work. i think i have slept more the last week than i did the last two months. i realized i have to take care of me, or i won't be able to take care of the people who really matter to me. SIGH, easy to say, hard to do. and then my DH was laid off on Thursday, i find the whole thing suspicious. they are laying off because business is slowing down, but they hired two poeple a month ago?? and he is the only one they have let go so far??? he has been happier in the last two days than i have seen him in months. he will get unemployment, i just hope that his ex-employer does not try to interfere in any way with his unemployment. Peaceful thoughts, peaceful thoughts, peaceful thoughts. and the really ironic thing is that i feel more at peace than i have for months.
it is said that when one door closes, another opens, what about when several close at once?????

Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2013 :  6:33:54 PM  Show Profile
Charlotte, sending you lots of healing energy and light your way : ) Take care of YOU even if they are just wee baby steps. Follow where the peace takes you. Sorry I sound like a bumper sticker store! LOL! But I have walked through deep muck as well, and I do know that "this, too, shall pass". I am very impatient during those times, though ; )

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2013 :  12:40:13 AM  Show Profile
Ah Charlotte, I'm so sorry! Sometimes we're riding comfortably along on our bicycle and life jams a stick into the front wheel, pitching us into the air and putting a huge dent in our sense of normalcy, forcing us to accommodate some changes. WIthout that jolt, changes we should be making might not grab our attention at all and we'll go on living half-heartedly without even recognizing there's a problem.

It sounds like you two are ready to embrace changes that will make your lives better -- that in a way, already have. You could use the Full Moon on Wednesday to honor your right to good health and security, perhaps with a little ritual. If you're like me, you might want to use the waning of the Moon from Full to New to cast off anything that's holding you back, then, with the waxing of the Moon to Full again, build your plans for accommodating beneficial changes. I find that the structure of working in these old ways can be very comforting. Blessings, sister!

Edited by - Rosemary on Aug 21 2013 12:23:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2013 :  12:04:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
i have pretty well decided that some changes are in the wind, i just have to stand still and listen to see what should be done first.
Mara your suggestions are wonderful, and i am going to adopt some of them. thanks so much for the reminders, i have been reading more and more about the "old" ways of doing things. it feels good to just be, sometimes.

Thanks
Charlotte
seen on a maarquee: Feed your faith, and your fears will starve.

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2013 :  11:44:23 PM  Show Profile
The Round Robin notebook will be on its way to Rachel in the morning :)

Edited by - Rosemary on Aug 21 2013 11:46:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2013 :  5:13:06 PM  Show Profile
WOOHOO Received the notebook this afternoon!!! I'm about to go get comfy on the couch and start reading!!!

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2013 :  5:50:25 PM  Show Profile
I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did. It'll be even more fun to have copies of the finished product. That's the plan, right? I wish I'd thought of this sooner, but maybe we should all have slipped a five bucks into the notebook to help with that. Hmm.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2013 :  3:48:05 PM  Show Profile
The plan is to make sure we all have copies. There will be a drawing from the contributors for the original. No $ to change hands. Only magic!

I'm so excited that the notebook is moving along. Yeah!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2013 :  4:04:32 PM  Show Profile
Sweet, Judith. Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  09:54:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi, witchy poos! Anyone know what's up with our round robin? Just curious. It's been awhile. Thought of it while trying to decide how to decorate for Fall.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2013 :  6:37:18 PM  Show Profile
I sent it out to Stephanie 8/31 I believe.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2013 :  09:01:10 AM  Show Profile
Ahhh..Thanks, Rachel. Looks like we are moving right along!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page