Page: of 83

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2014 :  7:35:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
good evening everyone, we have been really quiet for a bit now. we had the bitter, bitter codl the first of the week, and today it is 35 and raining. I hope it stays warmish, or we will have ice on top of the snow. but, DH has been in such a funk the last few months that he didn't get the roof patched in all the places it needed to be patched, and the rain is finding it's way in throught the neglected holes. sigh.

But. DH has finally agreed that yes, we should move south. THank the Goddess. and now i am job hunting. the biggest problem i am encoutering is that i am here, and the jobs are there!! it may be that we are going to have to move, and then find a job. that one scares DH. he is more of a stay in one place kind of guy. i have up and moved more than twice or so and i am not so bothered by it. i think it is the thought of having to actually go through all the stuff we have, and letting a good bit of it go. i am thinking of it as a wonderful opportunity to clean up our lives, declutter, simplify.
i hope he sees it that way when we have to start packing.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2014 :  07:05:49 AM  Show Profile
Charlotte, this sounds to me like very good news. Of course it will be a jolt. They say moving is one of the top few most stressful situations we experience in life and I believe it. I think we women cope with change better, maybe because of the "clean slate" we get every month, the cycle of childbirth (if we choose to have children) and all the other rhythms of nature that we might feel closer to than men do.

Can you plan a job-scouting trip before actually moving? You might gave already done that and posted about it. If so, forgive me but I have forgotten.

Goddess bless you both :)
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  5:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
we are planning on visiting Mom and Dad in Feb. i am trying to get some interviews lined up for when we go down.
it will be at least mid-April before we can move, have to wait for the snow to melt. :-)

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  6:29:41 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like you really have everything under control. Yay!
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  7:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message

shh don't say that :-)out loud anyway

on another good note, my sister and I are communicating again. We have been estranged i guess you would say for a very, very long time. it is nice to be talking again.
Blessed Be
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  7:10:03 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Katlady, where are you looking at moving to?

http://progressivehomemaker.wordpress.com/ Homemaking is not just for conservatives anymore!

So progressive, I'm old-fashioned!

Life's short. Make today count.
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  7:24:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
hi Rachell
we are looking in the Orangeburg SC area right now. that would only be about an hour from my folks. My mother is very sick, and my dad is elderly. so i really want to be closer to them. right now i am a 24 hour drive, far too long if something goes bad.
i would love to find something in western NC (Asheviell/Hendersonville), or the Fayetteville area. my brother is at Ft Bragg. My sister is in Grad school in Boone.

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  7:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
I am in WNC, Asheville area. We moved here 1 year ago to follow our bliss and we LOVE it! SO GLAD we are here now. Good luck with your plans!

http://progressivehomemaker.wordpress.com/ Homemaking is not just for conservatives anymore!

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  7:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Asheville is an absloutely beautiful area. our last visit to SC felt so right, and i am looking forward to being in the area again.
DH is from Iowa, but he likes the warm and the sunshine. and NO SNOW. at least not like we have here.
i am so glad you found your bliss. Do you have a farm there?

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  7:54:15 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
We have a small "homestead" but it is more than I ever had before and frankly I have my hands full! :)

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  8:06:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
i bet you are happy with it though. sometimes too much is just enough.

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  8:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
LOL I am happy. :)

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2014 :  1:15:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Saw the ortho doctor Friday and he pronouced me good enough to walk, but not to drive. another three weeks for that. then we will go to SC to visit my folks, look at houses, and with luck a few job interviews.
BUt this morning DH found one of my kitties dead.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2014 :  4:38:27 PM  Show Profile
So m any reasons to be hopeful, Charlotte. I'm so sorry about the kitty, though. There's almost nothing more sorrowful.
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2014 :  4:59:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
you are right, there isn't anything more sorrowful. the others know something is wrong, they are staying close today.
and there are so very, very many reasons to be looking forward with a lot of hope. it seems that everything is falling into place.

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  11:40:54 AM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Oh :( What happened to poor kitty?

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  12:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Not sure. DH found her, and took care of her. i was upset. Tippi was an independent, even for a cat. She preferred the top of the bookcase to my lap.

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  12:40:33 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Oh, poor girl. RIP, Tippi.

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  12:49:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you for your kind words. My kitties, and puppies, are my family. it is hard to lose one. i keep the Rainbow Bridge in mind. it helps.

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  4:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
I am the same way. :(

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  10:29:51 PM  Show Profile
My goodness! Did we really let Imbolg slip by without sending each other blessings for the advent of springtime? Belatedly, witchy sisters, blessings!
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  12:21:26 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey ladies! It's been quite awhile since I was on last. Hope you all have been doing well. I received the nicest little surprise Saturday in my mailbox, the round robin copy. Just wanted to let you all know that it made it safely to me and will be leaving soon (trying to make it the PO tomorrow) as I just finished reading it last night.

Hugs~ Melanie

Blogs~
http://simplylanie.blogspot.com/
http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  1:44:48 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Can someone explain the round robin to me?

Rachell in WNC

Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  2:18:21 PM  Show Profile
I had wondered if the RR was still making its rounds! Glad to know it isn't lost. Rachell, the round robin is basically a letter that gets passed from one witch to the next with each one adding a little something to it before sending it on.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  2:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Is it too late to join?

~Rachell

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page