Page: of 83

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  2:51:51 PM  Show Profile
Wow. I thought it had made all the rounds and we were just waiting for the finished product to be digitized and shared with everyone who participated. It would be lovely if Rachell could be added, since it's still apparently being added to.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  5:21:41 PM  Show Profile
Hello, round robin writers. This round has ended unless you all wish to continue. The original notebook went to Charlotte. Each of you should receive a copy of the notebook within the next few days. No need to mail your copy on to the next person as all will have the same copy.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Feb 10 2014 5:24:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  5:42:27 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Judith. Can't wait for mine! :)
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  7:09:36 PM  Show Profile
I received mine today. That was so sweet of you Judith!

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  05:46:50 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Oh I see! I've been so out of touch I didn't realize we were all getting our own copy. That is awesome!

Melanie

Blogs~
http://simplylanie.blogspot.com/
http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  1:50:22 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad you are getting the pkgs. This was just for one round. So, if you want to go ahead just do so. You can remove my name from the list as I am leaving this thread and will catch you on other threads. I sent copies to all of the people involved because everyone handled the rr the right way (moving the letter along even if not writing- to the next on list) I was so impressed with that. You can see that just using letter paper would be less expensive. Good luck.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  2:03:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Hi there. We are traveling this week to see my folks. We are in SC this visiting my folks. Got here just in time to enjoy the ice storm going through. Yikes. My folks got off easy. Just a little damage to one corner of the eaves and a few branches out of the river birch. Just up the street there were several old oak tree that were damaged. We picked the wrong week to visit. Next week it is supposed to be in the 60's.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2014 :  3:24:46 PM  Show Profile
Judith, I've just finished reading through the wonderful letters everyone wrote, and all the lovely extras. This was a lot of work for you, and I know I speak for everyone when I say it is deeply appreciated. I'll treasure my copy.
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2014 :  5:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
the P.O. delivered our held mail today, and i received the round robin. It's beautiful. i haven't had a chance to sit and read it yet, i just did a quick skimming look in amongst all the "back from a trip" stuff that has to be done. i am impressed. really, really impressed with all the work you ladies did. it is beautiful. i can't wait to actually read everyone's letters. i know they will be great.
Judith, thank you so much for all your work on this project. and to everyone who participated. in this day of e-everything it is wonderful to find others who like to put pen to paper and let the written word shine.
Blessed be.

Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2014 :  2:55:48 PM  Show Profile
I have moved since we did the round robin. Oh man I hope the post office doesn't lose it! I'm really looking forward to reading what everyone wrote.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2014 :  5:39:53 PM  Show Profile
Hey,ya'll! I LOVED getting the copy of the RR!
How wonderful to just sit and "visit" with everyone!
It's so interesting how much we all have in common ; )

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
Handwork and video blog - www.danaschultz.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:33:55 PM  Show Profile
My copy of the RR FINALLY got here today! How awesome it has been reading over everyone's letters! Thanks so much Ms. Judith!!

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2014 :  3:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
I finally sat and read the RR. how beautiful. We are so much alike and so different. it makes me feel so glad to be a part of such a wonderful, wacky group of ladies. it was wonderful to read everyone's story.

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2014 :  3:16:49 PM  Show Profile
Hey! Who you callin' wacky?!? That does it. Where'd I put that hex bag? ;)
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2014 :  3:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
LOL it's over there by the herbs and spices. right next to the broom.....

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2014 :  3:22:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh yeah. And the black cat. And the cauldron.

It's pretty funny that most of us have all these things and think nothing of it! :)
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2014 :  3:37:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
so true, so true.

i am so inspired by everyone's stories. i am learning to weave and i love it. DH has agreed to learn to knit as therapy for the stroke. the knitting group at the fiber studio i go to for weaving is teaching him. it is so cute. they love it that they a big teddy bear to fawn over. :-)

i am going to SC next week to visit my folks, look at houses, and interview. i really want to spend as much time with my mom as i can. she was not doing great when we went in February. but dad says she really perks up when we (we being any of the kids or g-kids) are around. so i am going to do what i can to make her "perky".

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2014 :  3:54:36 PM  Show Profile
Ooh, weaving! I'd love to do that. Our local yarn shop is having a workshop soon, with a small project to teach the basics (they call it a "mug rug"). I might give it a shot. What kind of loom are you using, if I may pry?
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2014 :  5:45:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
not at all Rosemary. i would recommend taking the class to learn the basics. i jumped right in with both feet, but i was really lucky with my loom. i have a Louet Klik 40, a four harness table top Jack style loom. we live in a rural area, so finding an instructor so close to my house. Elanor works at a fiber studio about 2 miles from my house, she has been weaving forever. she is trying to convince that i need to learn to spin but there is so much pretty yarn that i can't see feeding my yarn "addiction" with spinning it myself:-)

And my theory is "don't ask if you don't want to know"
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2014 :  6:07:43 PM  Show Profile
Ha! Thanks, Charlotte. I understand that there will be looms for sale after the workshop. It will be interesting to know at least one kind to compare it with. Oh dear. I feel another obsession coming on....
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - May 04 2014 :  08:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Good morning everyone.
Have been having trouble logging in but think i have it fixed???
I have re-read the RR and am so impressed with everyone.
We are in the process of moving to SC. We found a house, and Ifound a job. so far, all is working out okay. this weekend, we are trying to move cats, dogs, and hubby to SC. i moved two weeks ago to start my new job.
So Saturday afternoon, we started out. FINALLY. had to leave two cats because they were hiding in the crawlspace. upset me, but Lela, the cat rescue lady that lives up the street, agreed to try and catch them and take care of them until DH can get back in a week or two to get the rest of the stuff/junk that we couldn't get packed into a P.O.D, the pick up or my mothers Grandma mobile (aka Dodge Caravan).
So we were toodling down I-39 straight through the Great Plains of IL, when a tire blew on the camper. called AAA(thank you Mom) they gave me some numbers. since it was the camper, it was not covered. they have a special membership for them. sigh. found a tow service in the middle of IL, who also had tires. he came and took the bad tire. Brought it back. took about an hour all told. decided we better at least have the other tire checked. and Bill found out the bearings were bad on the right side and would need to be repaired/replaced. so we are ensconced in a cozy Motel 6 in Wenoma, IL, waiting on Bill to give us a verdict.
So while overall, the move is going okay, it has had it's ups and downs. i have decided i do not like moving.

We have a nice house in SC, i will have a weaving/sewing room. nice west facing room, three big windows, wood floors, lots of storage. and oh yeah the rest of the house is nice too. priorities. priorities.

And i did find a floor loom for cheap. my weaving instructor thinks it is a Kessenich. but the lady i got it from, had to have shoulder/arm surgery adn can no longer weave. she just wanted it to go to a good home, like when she got ;-). i can't wait to get it set up and weaving.

So i have asked Bast to watch over my babies, and in the form of Lela, she will. and the rest of the move is going to be somewhat less adventuresome

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - May 04 2014 :  08:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Good morning everyone.
We are in the process of moving to SC. We found a house, and Ifound a job. so far, all is working out okay. this weekend, we are trying to move cats, dogs, and hubby to SC. i moved two weeks ago to start my new job.
So Saturday afternoon, we started out. FINALLY. had to leave two cats because they were hiding in the crawlspace. upset me, but Lela, the cat rescue lady that lives up the street, agreed to try and catch them and take care of them until DH can get back in a week or two to get the rest of the stuff/junk that we couldn't get packed into a P.O.D, the pick up or my mothers Grandma mobile (aka Dodge Caravan).
So we were toodling down I-39 straight through the Great Plains of IL, when a tire blew on the camper. called AAA(thank you Mom) they gave me some numbers. since it was the camper, it was not covered. they have a special membership for them. sigh. found a tow service in the middle of IL, who also had tires. he came and took the bad tire. Brought it back. took about an hour all told. decided we better at least have the other tire checked. and Bill found out the bearings were bad on the right side and would need to be repaired/replaced. so we are ensconced in a cozy Motel 6 in Wenoma, IL, waiting on Bill to give us a verdict.
So while overall, the move is going okay, it has had it's ups and downs. i have decided i do not like moving.

We have a nice house in SC, i will have a weaving/sewing room. nice west facing room, three big windows, wood floors, lots of storage. and oh yeah the rest of the house is nice too. priorities. priorities.

And i did find a floor loom for cheap. my weaving instructor thinks it is a Kessenich. but the lady i got it from, had to have shoulder/arm surgery adn can no longer weave. she just wanted it to go to a good home, like when she got ;-). i can't wait to get it set up and weaving.

So i have asked Bast to watch over my babies, and in the form of Lela, she will. and the rest of the move is going to be somewhat less adventuresome

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - May 04 2014 :  08:49:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Good morning everyone.

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - May 04 2014 :  12:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Is there some sort of a round robin going on for this group?

http://progressivehomemaker.wordpress.com/ Homemaking is not just for conservatives anymore!

So progressive, I'm old-fashioned!

Life's short. Make today count.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  8:26:18 PM  Show Profile
Witchy sisters, what's up in your witchy world? We've been quiet too long! :)

Edited by - Rosemary on Jul 16 2014 8:36:20 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page