peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  7:38:43 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Oh I so wish I could go and meet all of you and MaryJane!!! The countdown begins for my daughters graduation and open house and then we will resume our cheese making plans (when I can catch my breath again!!) I have talked to Miss Kris about Saturdays and we're going to see if we can "work" something out around her "work" schedule!!! Graduation open house is on June 19th so I'll be back in contact after that!!
Hugs!!!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360
http://bluejeancountry.etsy.com/
http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  7:43:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh enjoy! Hey the 19th is my 50th bday! :-) I'll be riding home from my family's first every motorcycle camping trip! I can't think of a better way to spend my bday than that... (Ok maybe celebrating my child's graduation would be cool too....) Have a really GREAT day! Keep us posted on the "cheesey" opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  10:49:59 AM  Show Profile
This sounds like a grand time will be had by all in attendence. I must work that day but I will be thinking good thoughts for all of you and hoping someone will post pictures. Again ladies have a lovely luncheon and thanks for sending me the email.

Farmgirl Sister #918

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  11:38:37 AM  Show Profile
Hey everyone...it's 2:30 and I'm going to email Ms Megan with our total. If you look back to MaryJane's email, you'll notice she said,
"Since we're low on time for giving the B&B group money for lunch, give my daughter megan@maryjanesfarm.org a head count ASAP and she will take care of the $ in advance"....

I feel like we should do this, even though I know some of you have already done it on your own or contacted the B & B....

Here's what I've gleaned from the responses so far...Going are:
(me)
cj6
Siobhan
vintagediva1
rodeorise
yart
traceyg
kkprice (actually 5 of the Dandelion Farmgirls)
Donnajo (who said maybe based on work but would call the B & B)
And...that makes 12 +Donnajo

So that is what I'm going to send to Megan.

I really hope we all are able to gather together for a great luncheon and meet the lovely lady who has made all this possible for us...We'll be able to pay our fee (15$) on site at the luncheon.
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2010 :  09:55:28 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies! Thanks for all the responses. I am planning on a final head count for Kathy here in a couple of hours, so she has some time to get groceries.

Please make sure that you let me know if you prefer broccoli cheddar quiche or chicken salad with croissant when you send your info my way!

Thanks Gals!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Yart
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

MI
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2010 :  7:12:39 PM  Show Profile
Broccoli Cheddar Quiche for me please

Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. ~Jim Davis
http://urban-eco.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2010 :  10:26:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Gals! I've got the list finalized and sent along to Kathy for your upcoming luncheon! We are no longer able to add anyone...So have a grand time and drive safely! Mom can not wait to meet you all!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  10:37:39 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for everything,Megan,we really appreciate it! :) Looking forward to meeting your mom and the other farmgirls on the 15th!
Go to Top of Page

horseychick
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Melanie
Clarkston MI
USA
140 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  5:10:31 PM  Show Profile
Not sure if Karen will respond for all of us Dandelion girls so I will respond here. Count me in for quiche, please.

melanie
Go to Top of Page

rhinomom2
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Linda
Traverse City Michigan
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  5:20:55 PM  Show Profile  Click to see rhinomom2's MSN Messenger address
Ok everyone - this is going to be great fun. Tracey, it was great talking to you and helping me out. I'm way excited to be coming and looking forward to meeting you and all the other Michigan Farmgirls - maybe I'll find some close to where I live (Brethren, MI) - but anyway I'll have friends all over the state now. I'm also excited to be able to met Mary Jane and learn more of her wisdom. Until Tuesday Michigan Farmgirls.. Linda Farmgirl #237

Just Have Faith and Everything's Possible!
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  06:12:49 AM  Show Profile
Are you really driving all the way down from Manistee way? WOW!!! I think flowrgirl1 (Michelle) lives up in that area too. If that is where Brethren is...then I think you may get the "travel Goddess" award for this get together...
Go to Top of Page

rhinomom2
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Linda
Traverse City Michigan
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2010 :  4:33:19 PM  Show Profile  Click to see rhinomom2's MSN Messenger address
That's my plan to drive down and YES-Michelle and I are from the same town. But she currently doesn't live here...we've tried to meet up a couple of times but just haven't been able to just yet - but soon. Looking forward to visiting and lunch...

Just Have Faith and Everything's Possible!
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  06:46:23 AM  Show Profile
Ladies! Sadly...something has come up this morning and I won't make it down to Gross Ile today!!! I've already emailed Megan to take care of my part of the lunch ticket... I hope you guys have a GREAT time and take LOTS of pictures!!! Enjoy your lovely lunch with MaryJane!
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  4:53:21 PM  Show Profile
It was nice meeting MaryJane today! She is really just sweet as pie :) I really wish I had gotten to meet some more of my fellow Michigan farmgirls, but it just didn't happen and with the little guy in tow, I didn't get to "hang out" after lunch. I'm really bummed about that. I did get to meet Rachel (Yart) when I first got there - It was good to meet you and put a face to your name!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  6:57:36 PM  Show Profile
Pictures??? Did you get pictures??? :-)
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  8:55:08 PM  Show Profile
I'd love pictures, and an account of what went on.. I was so disappointed to have to miss this.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  9:35:11 PM  Show Profile
oh yes you must fill me in so I can live through all of you!!!! pictures would be great too!!!! Bev

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

traceyg
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Tracey
Grosse Ile Michigan
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  09:19:16 AM  Show Profile
Hello Michigan Farmgirl Sisters!!
I didn't want you to miss this post from MaryJane:

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42983

That day we started a list of Michigan Farmgirls who would like to participate in the Michigan Traveling Apron. I will get back to you in a little over a week with the info of who to contact to be included. The more the merrier!

Love,
Tracey

Life is sweet ... Bee happy!
Go to Top of Page

kkprice
True Blue Farmgirl

301 Posts

Karen
Davisburg MI
USA
301 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  3:02:43 PM  Show Profile
Dandelion Farmgirls would love to see you at our next meeting in the Davisburg/Holly area. We will meet on Wednesday, July 17 to make scarecrows -- mine will be in denim, red and white ginham, jewels and the grooviest red and white tennis shoes I've ever seen. Please email me if you'd like further information. Or if you'd just like to be on our mailing list -- I'd be happy to get our schedule out to you.

Karen

Follow your bliss!
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  09:23:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi there Karen
I would love to be on your mailing list. Uhm, Today is July 17th and next month the 17th falls on a tuesday...when is the scarecrow day :-).

Have a great day - Karen

Farmgirl Sister #918

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

kkprice
True Blue Farmgirl

301 Posts

Karen
Davisburg MI
USA
301 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  10:08:28 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for catching my mistake! I should never do this kind of thing in a hurry, cuz I ALWAYS goof up!

The scarecrow event in Wednesday, July 21. Send me your email addy and I can attach a calender with all the info.

Karen

Follow your bliss!
Go to Top of Page

mi.bees
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Christine
Kalamazoo Mi
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  8:14:35 PM  Show Profile
Hello Michigan Farmgals,
I just finished reading through the posts and it sounds like I missed a bunch of really cool things. I joined MJF a few weeks ago and love it. I'm in Kalamazoo. Siobhan who is in Battle Creek and I are thinking of starting a chapter. Looking forward to the next gathering as I would love to meet you all! Chris

I've got a farmgal in Kalamazoo.
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  08:18:06 AM  Show Profile
I'm a little confused....I thought we all just belonged to the "MI Farmgirls" as a chapter...I didn't realize we could splinter off into different groups.
Go to Top of Page

kkprice
True Blue Farmgirl

301 Posts

Karen
Davisburg MI
USA
301 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  09:35:01 AM  Show Profile
I think we have our Michigan area so we all have a group, but the Dandelion farm girls are a regular monthly meeting group, that meets at my home. This way we grow a small community of farm girl sisters. I don't think there are a lot of rules about setting up chapters, so we forge our way! You are welcome to come!! Karen

Follow your bliss!
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  12:07:33 PM  Show Profile
The farmgirls of the mitten chapter was started when I came on to MaryJane's Farm and after trying to contact various chapters that were listed and getting no response...contacting the farm to see if they could help and they tried...and finding out that none of the chapters that had been still were a chapter...I "put out a call" for farmgirls from michigan. The responses came from all over the state and none of us knew of anyone else nearby,so one group to include all was formed. I personally have seen where there are groups over on the west side of the state where I grew up and wonder if they are active still,the same for a few I see up north.
I did go to the luncheon with MaryJane,hoping to meet others from our group and had a lot of fun.I met Tracy and had fun eating lunch and getting to know some of the girls in her group...had a wonderful time time talking to MaryJane,she's such a sweetheart and was a wonderful encouragement when I told her of my dream to buy some land up north and homestead! I had my picture taken with her and helped take pictures of Tracy and her group with MaryJane. I have a wonderful handmade purse and recieved a chocolate bar from the Farm one was for having a tape measure,the other for having I think it was a screwdriver.It was wonderful meeting and talking to other farmgirls unfortunately the only one from our group I talked to was Siobhan,when I told her how good her little one was being(we just didn't realize who the other was)I went to look for her a few minutes later but,she must have left.
I'd love to get together with the farmgirls who are down in this area...I know there are girls in carleton,flatrock,and petersburg....as well as any others who'd like to come this way.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Michigan Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page