Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  4:38:13 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies! I only have a second to drop by and say hi. I'm totally cleaning up, out, and over my house. We're workin on some rearrangin to try to make the rooms work better and a little more comfy. I'll drop by agian when I have some time to report in on whats been goin on the last few weeks.

Love ya all.

Miss ya all.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  5:26:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! Today was good. Nothing really to report...
Darlene and Peggy, I would say that real Italian is always better!
As far as the swap goes, I'm in! Darlene, I'll also email you my info!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  5:43:52 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I hope you are ok after your fall. I have fallen a few times lately. Mainly I was going too fast and not paying attention. Thankfully I didn't have an audience. I'm so glad someone stopped to ask you if you needed help.
Great stories about everyone's dogs.
Pam, your little minions sound fun. I call my kitties the furries. One I call my little terrorist. He is my hunter. I have had a few jack russels in my day. They have so much energy! I had a dog I lost about 2 years ago that hated raccoons. I use to tie him up on a runner outside during the day. At dusk they would come and pull his bowl away and tease him by eating out of it just beyond his reach. He has actually gone through windows to get to them. He is gone now.. but every time I see a raccoon I think they are luck he is not around any more.
Today was a pretty good day. I didn't have any hot flashes last night so got a good night sleep for once. I had to go the last meeting of our shop hop group to pick our winners. Our grand prize winner ( a play day with Alex Anderson) was a man. Everyone knew him and said he would probably take his wife who also quilts. They will have a wonderful time. Tomorrow I get the whole day off. I'll probably just clean house and hang around in my jammies all day.
Later ladies. See you tommorrow!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  7:16:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
I am stopping by for a rest after grading some papers for the butterflies. Actually Darlene I have done a quilt like that. I still have it and just smile every time. I put it in the fair and it got a purple ribbon that year. May have to do it again haven't done it in a while.

The quilt I am working on is not on a frame. I quilt it on my sewing machine. It is slow but I enjoy it. This week I have not been able to work on it with school and my evenings being busy but I will on the weekend again. It is in shades of purple my favorite color with small print flowers. when I finish I will post a picture of it.

Today my one son played in his first junior high game and he did so well. I was so proud. Of course I said a prayer every time he got hit that he get back up. I guess it is a mama thing. Having twins there is never a dull moment. The other son is waiting for track. He can run like the wing. I am thankful they are branching out to be their own person. Sometimes people group them togehter cause they are twins. God made each of them unique so it is a blessing to see them trying things out on their own.

well ladies I am going to sneak out to bed now. I am tired after a busy day with my little butterflies.

Have a blessed day tomorrow ladies. You are always in my thougths and prayers.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  8:38:01 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I am so sorry to hear about the fall. I was standing in a chair back in January 2007 looking for some Rolaids in the cabinet and fell out of the chair and broke both of my bones in my ankle. I have a plate and 9 screws to remember that by! It can happen so fast. I know that you will be so sore. I am so, so sorry. You have already been in enough here of late without that!

Cherime, I am glad things are working out for you. We have a food pantry here in our town. We buy it for about that price too. Do the churches in your area help you?

Have a great and blessed day!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  9:07:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey all! I actually caught a few minutes here before bed. I have been runnin myself crazy lately.

I have been takin care of my mom and dad. My dad had surgery on his leg stump. It was amputated about 15 years ago and has to have 'maintainance' surgeries every few years. The bone won't stop growin no matter what they do! Then 1 week later my mom had to have surgery on her arm, which wasn't good enough and the doctor said there would have to be a second surgery. They haven't been able to do much of anything lately without help.

My house is a total disaster with my DH and the girls left here basically alone for weeks now! I have been tryin to tear apart and clean one room at a time on the weekends. That's the only time my sisters can help with my folks. I am also tryin to rearrange the furniture and make the rooms more comfortable and usable. It's a very slow process right now.

My grandparents have been havin it really hard with the economy and prices like they are. I have been collectin garden produce from wherever I can get it and cannin and freezin it for them. I have also been takin them to food banks to get assistance for them. I even found a couple of places that let them sign a paper to allow me to pick up for them, so I don't have to drive them all over and have them standin in line and everything. I am very worried about them and it makes me feel better to hear family mention that they said I was takin care of them. I know they worry a little less and are happier, so it's totally worth it.

I have been sittin up the past 3 days with my 22m/o baby. She was runnin around the kitchen table, chasin the cat, and slipped on the rug. She bloodied both lips, broke a tooth, and got 2 black eyes. She is havin a real hard time eatin, drinkin, talkin, takin her bottle, and sleepin. She cries all the time. Her dad and oldest sister take turns with her all day while I take care of the folks and grandfolks, then it's my turn at night. She even wakes up durin the night cryin 'Mouff Hurt!' and I have to hold her and hold a wet wash cloth on her mouth. She eventually falls back to sleep for a while. I'm sure the poor thing is gettin tired of mashed potatoes, oatmeal, and mashed bananas. She tried to eat chicken noodle soup tonight, but the salt in it burned her sore mouth and started a 20 minute cryin spell. It breaks my heart to see her like this.

I should be freed up from babysittin/chauffer/cook/dishwasher duty next week. My dad goes to the doctor and gets his new leg fitted monday and it should be ready by friday. They only have to replace the cup portion at the top of his current leg, not actually make the whole thing over again.
Then I should be free and have some back up with the grandparents. YEA!!!

I've added all the injured and troubled names to my prayer list. I should be able to post a little more often soon, so I'll be able to catch up with everyone. See you all soon!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  10:57:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies...Well, I have been really stiff and sore today...but I made myself walk today
anyway. Only I left my little ragamuffin Bella home. It was easier to keep my attention on where I was going. Plus Bella is kind of lazy...some days she doesn't want to walk she wants me to carry her and she weighs 20 lbs for heavens sake. I will carry her for a block and then put her back down, then she will walk for several blocks and want back up...so, it was rather nice just to go it alone today! I got less exercise with-out my 20 lb dumb-bell though! LOL I was very thankful that I didn't break anything yesterday. Just scrapped up and black and blue.

Pam...man those Raccoons can by so mean! Good For Lola and your other two dogs...defending their territory. Glad they didn't get bitten though. Hope you are doing better...feeling a little more encouraged?

Angela...so glad that you are doing ok. Sounds like your life went into hyper-overdrive with your with your parents surgeries and then helping your grandparents and then your little ones poor mouth. Your life seems pretty hectic right now! My the Good Lord give you extra strength to deal with everything on your plate. Thanks for checking in...so we can keep you in our prayers.

Well, I am tired and have some other things to do before I call it a night.
I will check in again tomorrow.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  08:13:02 AM  Show Profile
Oh, how quickly a week can go.... I've missed you all, thought of you all and been praying for you all. Just spent an hour "catching up" with the posts.

Lida, I'm glad you had a great vacation and loved your WC story. AWESOME!! If you get a chance to snag some Honeycrisps for the porch that'd be great. Love them!
Bunny, sorry to read that the hop wasn't all you'd hoped but I love your attitude and spunk - Operation New Bunny... lol!
Pam, your dog story made me giggle - we have a jack mix in the house and she loves to hunt. RIght now she enjoys snacking on the crickets she snags on the front porch. Of course she doesn't really snack, they're more of a toy ('til they quit movin', that is.)
Megan, I enjoy your posts - you're full of life and a surprising amount of wisdom for a young lady your age.
Dana - in case it's another week before I'm back (I hope not)- have a great anniversary!
Cherime - prayers for you and yours and the np. I know you're a blessing.
Peggy - have an awesome retreat and I hope you're not too sore.
Janet, praying for peace as you prepare that project.
Darlene, I'd like to participate in the swap as well. From the sounds of it - while impractical, an italian meatball/food swap would be delicious. Guess we'll just have to do that on the porch.
Tammy, it sounds like your twins are a blessing. As well as your butterflies. Thanks for the tea.
Angela, prayers for you (strength) and healing for all your family members.

It's been a crazy busy week - house projects, good weather to do them, church projects, Honey-Do list (which he last minute decided to stay home and DO! ) - which of course means I helped (He's labor, I'm management...) Had a great visit with my family for my DGM's birthday.

I'm moving into a transition phase at church (my workplace)and can use prayers that I will get out of the way of God's plan/will. Also, feeling a bit blue lately, not like me, and not sure if it's just life or something I need to talk to a doctor about. So, wisdom all around would be good. Thank you ladies you're the best and I love it here!

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  08:39:08 AM  Show Profile
Angela, phew all that work and your poor little one. How terrible for her to have to go through all that. We also give food to elders and let family members or care givers pick stuff up. We work under the assumption that if you are asking for food you need it. It is wonderful that you are able to put stuff up for them. Times are rough pretty much all over.
Peggy am praying that you recover quickly and no more of that kind of stuff.
Thank you all for your prayers. He will get us through this but it's always a little scary in between.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  08:41:47 AM  Show Profile
Staci I hope things work out at church. I have had the worst time understanding God's will/plan. To say the least, he is kicking my behind lately. I have pretty much given up and am just going with the flow. I can't say how many times I have asked God to direct me to his will and I have made the biggest mistakes of my life. So, not too trusting right now.
I just got a interesting call from my bank. I'm trying to get a modification loan. I have pretty much given up trying to make it here in Calif. I told her I was liquidating my store and moving in with my mom. She told me to hang on and wait until the modification decision was made. Interesting. It almost sounded like she didn't want me to give up and leave. I wish I could find a way to get a job here locally to earn enough to stay. It sounded like there were lots of different angles for them to try before giving up on me. I got the impression they try for plan A and when they figure out you just can't do it, instead of booting you out, they head for plan b and c. It will be interesting what they come up with. I know they have way too many houses in foreclosure and it makes them look bad financially too. I'm dealing with Chase btw.
Well, it's a beautiful day and I don't have to work. I hope everyone had a wonderful day, no injuries.
Staci, hang in there. We all feel blue from time to time. I think sometimes we beat ourselves up over it. I have learned to stop trying to make things happen the way I want, let God do the work. Listen to your favorite music and allow yourself some time to yourself to deal with what ever is making you feel bad. Mediation has worked wonders for me. Just sitting quiet and listening to yourself breath.
Anyway, enough of that! Talk you all later!
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  08:51:01 AM  Show Profile
I know the feeling about asking God for guidance and feeling like you completely missed it. Just remember that he is Good all the time and we absolutely have no clue as to His plans only that he means to prosper and not harm us. Rough one to trust in when things look like the middle of a mine field.
On the non-pr end some of the churches held and some individuals. All of our board supports us monetarily thank God. Otherwise we would be in a big stew. Gotta get bak to work God bless all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  10:13:56 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Peggy! Sweetie! Do you need anything? Let me know. I'm not that far from ya.

Staci-Did I ever tell you what an amazing beautiful woman you are? No? Well, you are! Your attitude, outlook and wonderful nature inspire me.

Bunny-I hope you get the loan and it works out. That would be wonderful!

Angela-you are a saint.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  10:37:36 AM  Show Profile
Cherime, I feel like I have just stopped trusting anyone and am just floating down a river to somewhere. Right now it looks like I'm moving in with my mom in Oregon. Someone who emotionally and physically abused me for my first 18 years of life. I have a hard time believing God wants me there. But if that is where the river takes me.. so be it. I learned to be a ghost my first 18 years and I will be again if that is what I have to do to survive. She is in total denial of those years and has joined the Mormon church. She puts herself above others not remembering her past and humbling herself a little. But to save my sanity I have just stopped trying to figure all this out. I pray, meditate, and just put it out of my mind. Some days I feel like I need to be a Polly Anna so people don't run from me.. and other days I feel so alone and just want to hide in my house and cry and sleep. I know I'm strong and I'll make it. But I truly don't trust that God will put me in a good place. I do trust he will get me through what ever is in store however. I won't die from it whatever it is.
Oh, I need to turn on some good dancing music! Can't find my stash of chocolate!! Maybe a nice cup of tea will get me out of this funk.. sorry ladies. Just having a scared moment and didn't know what to do with it.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  10:49:08 AM  Show Profile
Wow, I am away from the computer a couple of days and then it takes my whole lunch break to get caught up with you all!

First, the I Appreciate You swap (and I really do appreciate each of you), count me in. Birthday information- my birthday is March 19 and this birthday is one of the milestone ones! Has anyone collected all of our e-mail addresses and can share them?

Staci- I brought a basket of honey crisps to the porch for everyone. I am going to dry some and hope they are tasty that way too. Hugs and prayers for you. I find that when I feel in an unexplanied funk that prayer, music, activity outside and chocolate make a difference. I'll be praying that you have discernment.

Theresa- I hope the conference and time with your brother is refreshing! Yeah for the new job starting soon!

Megan- Yum, I can almost taste your Nana's Italian sauce! How wonderful that you have such great times with all of the generations of your family.

Cindy- Welcome! Enjoy the porch. We are an eclectic group of women!

Chermine- Glad to read that things may be looking up for your food distribution program. Our church houses an emergency food program as well as a regular food pantry, a summer break kid's lunch program and a Saturday morning breakfast program. The need for all of these programs has been increasing. Wow, it must be interesting to have to watch out for bear, moose and traffic during your early morning walks. I only have to watch out for muggers and murderers.

Amy- Did you bring pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread to the porch? Whichever it is, please pass me a piece. I love anything that is pumpkin. One of my favorite breakfasts is oatmeal made with 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.

Bunny- So waht are some of the fun things on your To Do List for after you move to Oregon? If the bank can make it so that you don't have to move can you do some of those fun things where you are?

Peggy- Enjoyb your retreat weekend. I pray that the weather cooperates. Wish I could join you! Can we have a virtual retreat sometime this winter? I am sure your doggie missed walking with you, but safety comes first.

Tammy- I hope that your son's soccer games and track meets never conflict with each other for your schedule for cheering them on. How long have you been working on your quilt? It sounds lovely. I need to work on quilts for grandkids this winter.

Janet- I had to smile about all of the okra you are putting up. I am a northerner and I don't think I have ever eaten okra. One time I bought some frozen okra to make gunbo with. DH was looking for something to eat and saw it, thought it looked interesting, microwaved it, ate it plain from the microwave and didn't like it.

Darlene- Do you have a pic of your quilt? Have you drained your outdoor tubs for the season?

Patti- Prayers for DH and the struggles he is facing.

Angela- Oh my, you have many plates spinning. Hugs for the baby and prayers for your whole crew!

Lots going on here, as usual. I need to find a better balance for work (full time ministry) and family. I have been in paid ministry for 12 years and can usually keep a balance, but my youngest DD (15 y.o.) needs more time with me and I need less time at work.

It is a cool, overcast day here in western New York, so I am setting out a crockpot of warm apple cider for us to enjoy on the porch.

Carpe Diem!

Lida

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  11:50:32 AM  Show Profile
Lida, my to do list: take a yoga class, go to college to learn windows office tools better, learn to sew upcycled clothing, (taking thriftstore finds and making them fresh and new), keep up with my blog, write quilting patterns and sell online, sew lots of stuff to sell online, fine a wonderful coffee shop to hang out when I need to get away. Find a way to make new friends with all kinds of interests, not just quilting. That's just to get started. Of course if somehow I stay here, I'll be working a job somewhere. So won't have much energy to do all of this.. I know, Oregon sounds better. Except for the mom thing..it does. There are so many.. ifs that it is scary. If, I get the job at Accuquilt, if I make enough money to get my own place, If my mom behaves and doesn't drive me crazy, if my son can find a job and move up there with me soon....Like I said.. I'm just floating down a river letting it carry me where ever. I'm tired of trying to swim to shore. I think keeping my house is an emotional thing. I see it as a security that really isn't there anymore. I just don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire.
Lida, I hope you find what you need too. I can imagine ministry can take over your whole life. I can relate to children needing time with us. We also need time with our children. They go off on their own too soon. I miss my two sons like crazy.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  1:42:52 PM  Show Profile
Lida, I'll take the cars, bear and moose! As for more time with your DD, can you get a volunteer to take some of the burden off? I do know that good reliable volunteers are God's gift.
Bunny your to do list is about as full as mine. So many wonderful things to do and so little time.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  6:41:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! Staci, thank you so much! I try not to be boring:)
Angela, I'm so glad to "see" your face on the porch again!
Bunny, I'll be praying for you. It sounds like you're at a rough place in your life, and you need us porchies more than ever, and we're here for you!
Today I was all over the place! I had school, rugby practice, and then I had a Leadership Council meeting. Now I'm home, on the porch, and about to finish some homework. Whew! But it's all worth it!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  7:58:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi porchies,
What a day! Well, Sonshine the fish...sighing here...died today. Darnit I tell you I have decided gold fish are just not hardy fish. Of course what did the little butterflies say? Mrs. Schroeder, Sonshine died of a broken heart. Talk about getting to my heart. Their little faces. So I am going fish shopping this weekend. I can't stand to have sad butterflies.

Angela I am praying for you sweet one. I know where you are. Was there this summer with my dear father in law.

Bunny I am praying for you too.

Peggy dear rest and take care of you

Lida so good to hear from you.

well ladies time for this Madame Butterfly to hit the shower and bed.

love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  12:06:36 AM  Show Profile
Madame Butterfly...sooo sorry to hear about Sonshine...He probably did die of a lonely heart! Maybe there is
a heartier fish that will live longer. I never had good luck with gold-fish for my children
either. ~ We moved on to Hamsters...they lived longer! ~ I plan to just REST and Relax at
Retreat. In fact our Bible Study Group has had a lot of Drama this week with various members
having some major crisis in their lives. So I put a moratorium on bringing Extra Stress
Baggage to Retreat. Everyone has to leave that baggage at home and come and Be Still Be for
God and just listen.

Pam...thanks for your offer sweetie to help me out. You are such a dear heart. No,truly every ones prayers and
positive encouragements have been a huge help! You are all like a Huge Group Hug!!!

Tammy...a Virtual Retreat Sounds Perfect! Let's do it girls!

Bunny...there is a new day coming! I know that God has a plan and a purpose for your life. One to prosper you
and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Staci...I will have an awesome Retreat despite the predicted rainy weather. The Coast is awesome even in a
Storm. It shows me the Mighty Power of God unleashed.

Well Porchies...I won't be back on here for about 4 days. Decided to leave the Laptop at home and just truly
unplug from everything. I rarely do that...but it sounds like exactly what I need!. I love you all and will be praising God for you each all weekend!

blessings, hugs, and joy,
~peggy

Lady In Red
A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 16 2010 12:10:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  06:28:06 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, amen I agree with Peggy and will agree with her in prayer for you. I am aware of the power of denial. My exH was so plastered during the time we were married that he does not remember much of anything and that has made life difficult in so many ways the least of which is with being able to reconcile with his youngest daughter. The oldest one, ours, hates all of us with a passion including her sister and brother due to whatever took place or did not take place. Unfortunately her imagination and memory are as selective as his and hers is tainted by a bit of partying along the way. He will protect you if that is the situation that you are going to be in. Hugs girl and shalom.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  08:15:51 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, what about maybe a turtle.. they live long lives. Maybe 2 so they don't get lonely.
Megan, you sound like you are having fun. High School will hold great memories for you. Just don't get so involved with everything that you don't leave room for fun. School can get pretty stressful with too much on your plate.
Cherime, Living at my mom's I'll have time for all this wonderful stuff. Having money to do it is the trick. I have found places to do everything except the sewing classes. I may have to head to Portland for that. Still haven't found a good place to learn yet. I was hoping to stick around Calif. for that. San Francisco has a school that would have worked perfect. But I don't have anywhere to stay so will have to look in Oregon. Finding new friends of course will happen along the way.
Please pray for a friend of mine. I know she is suffering from depression. I'm the 4th friend that is moving away from the area and she is feeling very lonely. Her husband is... not a wonderful person. She is emotionally and physically shutting down. Just getting her out of the house is a chore. Her name is Heather... so please say a little prayer for Heather that she finds what she needs to take care of herself. I'm worried about her.
Anyway, It's a beautiful day outside. Today is my first day of my liquidation sale and this weekend is a big event in our little town so it should be busy!
See you all tomorrow.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  08:30:40 AM  Show Profile
Easy to pray for Heather, that is my DD's name. I will ask Him to send others along side her to encourage and lift her up.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  08:32:30 AM  Show Profile
Well MY Porchies...I am off to The Beach! I am in Pain from the Rain but I am focusing on Ignoring IT and
just having a Wonderfully Filled God and Girlfriend Time! Please Pray my pain away for me. I would appreciate it! Bunny the Turtles were a genius idea!! Way to go girl! Tammy did you read that??

Gotta Go! Love You All.
~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  09:24:41 AM  Show Profile
Girls, girls, girls-put your sweater on & come out to the porch & sit awhile. It is nice & cool so you might want to bring something warm to drink.....maybe tea....maybe coffee......maybe hot chocolate-wait no hot chocolate yet -they say makes it snow!!!!HAHA! Not ready for that yet. Look at the leaves starting to change color & "FALL" off. Everything I can see from my porch is corn turning a nice shade of golden brown. I just want to sit a minute before I go off & dig potatoes. What are you going to do after you sit a minute?

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  09:26:59 AM  Show Profile
I heard rumblings of snow in our area :(, I have my hot chocolate with whipped cream and a nice warm sweater on.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page