Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  09:54:53 AM  Show Profile
You just keep those rumblings to yourself! I am not ready for snow! WAAAAAAA! Snow does mean digging out the quilts to work on & the knitting. Maybe it won't be sooooooo bad.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  10:52:01 AM  Show Profile
Whoa, slow down.... We're still hitting 80 here - I think snow right now would drive me batty (ier). I love snow! but in it's proper season. Of course, the seasons are dependent on where you live. I love living where we get to experience all of them.

Thank you all for your uplifting words. So far, I've had a wee bit of chocolate, some great music (gearing up for the UpRise christian music fest on Sat.), tea & coffee and I went for a walk with my bestest friend yesterday followed by a ladies bible study. All fantastic suggestions. Now I'm hanging on the porch for a bit.

Bunny - praying for the best sales you've ever had and I'll add Heather to my prayer list. Keep us updated.
Tammy, I think turtles would be a neat change up for the butterflies. My daughter's best friend found 6 baby turtles on her property and brought them in to a tank since it's so dry here. She has 3 painted turtles and 3 snappers. (2 tanks ) They are about the size of silver dollars and are some of the cutest things I've ever seen. Seriously - I want one!

I'm gonna snuggle down in the glider for a bit and enjoy the breeze.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Sep 16 2010 10:54:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  11:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Have a wonderful weekend Peggy!

Snow! I love snow. We are just getting our normal Pacific Northwest rain. From about October to May it will be drizzly rain and grey. I actually love it-it makes spring and summer so much better.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  11:32:02 AM  Show Profile
Pam, I admire anyone who can live and thrive in your climate. I believe it takes special people - like you!
It's grey and drizzly here today and I'm extremely thankful for that - since we have been hot and dry for so long.
I thrive on sunny days but love the winter when it gets dark at 5 pm and the snow is flying. (Then my husband thinks I'm nuts...)
But I'm looking forward to autumn now. The maple tree beside our house turns a golden yellow and in the afternoon the dining room just glows from the sun falling through the leaves.
Very joyful to me. If I can, I'll try to catch that on film.

Anyone up for some apple cider and gingerbread?

Edited by - staci860 on Sep 16 2010 11:33:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  12:44:35 PM  Show Profile
I'm totally up for some cider! Getting the flannel quilt out to keep warm.
I know in "The Dalles" it does snow a little. I'm happy for that. I have not lived in a "town" where it snowed. I have always been out in the woods. I just put it in 4wheel and go where ever. My mom says the ice is the biggist problem. Here in Calif.. it snows, warms up to clear the roads and then about 4pm it gets cold again and you just go home. No dealing with ice on the road.
I'm just hoping I can get around to some of the other nearby towns in the winter. Hood River has a yoga studio I want to take a class at. I don't want snow and ice to keep me away!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  12:51:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes I forgot about the cider....makes me want to go to Wisconsin to the apple orchard & get some freshly made------oh how delicious that sounds!!! Plus you get to see all the fall foliage. Neat trip!

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  3:22:06 PM  Show Profile
One of the joys of traveling through Canada from Alaska is stopping at the local liquor outlet for some pear cider. I can taste that stuff now. Yummy! But only one a night I am a real lightweight.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  4:08:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
well turtles...I don't have a clue about them but will see what I can find out at the pet store where I got fish Never thought of that. I did have hamsters before but our janitor would prefer we not have them. Mine always got out of their cage...amazing things figured out how to unlock it and would greet me at the door. but turtles she would be ok with. We have another teacher who has hermit crabs but I don't want them. Thank you Bunny for giving me another possibility.

Peggy have a grand time at your retreat. I like the whole idea of a virtual retreat.

Megan glad school is going well but remember to have fun.

IT is cool here and the leaves are turning color. I love my evening walks. But whoever mentioned snow..bite your tongue sweet sister. I am so not ready for that.

Forgot to say I would be interested in swap. Birthday is Nov. 25. i was born on Thanksgiving Day. My birthday actually falls on it this year and I will be hitting 45. Gracious me.

well dear ones I just wnated to pop in. It is bible study night and I am sure in need of some wisdom about a little butterfly in my room. She is on my heart and I need some wisdom to help her little wings get back on track.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  9:17:12 PM  Show Profile
Hello all! First off, Peggy, have a wonderful time and we want to hear all about it when you get back!
Bunny, thank you for all of the kind words. I'm enjoying myself so far, and I can only imagine what's in store.
Today was actually a pretty fast day. I love my first hour class, but I'm also the most tired in it! I have an amazing teacher for it, so that makes it all the better. And then my English teacher complimented me on my essay! She said that she was really impressed with how well I was able to write a first analytical essay that was so good. I told her that I took a class last year for gifted english students that another teacher at my high school actually taught. I was so happy that I got on her good side! Well, that's pretty much it! Possible football game tomorrow, if I can find a ride!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  9:45:09 PM  Show Profile
Good Job Megan. I always did well in English and related stuff.
Praying for wisdom for the butterfly Tammy.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  10:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi Sisters...

Been canning tomatoes that finally ripened. The romas are the best for spaghetti sauce. Then I was landscaping...lugging around rocks and shoveling dirt and stones. Have to do it when the hubby is in a pleasant mood and will help.

Peggy...Have a wonderful relaxing and pain free retreat. Sorry about your fall...could have been a disaster. God was in control and let you down easy! Still hurt though.

Lida...Yes I drained my tubs already but will fill them again if we get a hot spell. LOL! I read on another forum how much weight you lost...You go girl. Such awesome self control to do that. I wish I had half of it. How are the knees? Did the shot work? Balancing work and family is so hard. We live in a society that doesn't value the family. The European countries are far advanced in that area. They believe in giving more time off and resulting in higher productivity. My son works for a pharmaceutical co. that is French. When they bought out his company he got better benefits and more time off. He is with the FDA in DC often. His expertise is vaccines. He was there big time last year for the whole swine flu ordeal.

Angela...Hope you can catch your breath sometime soon. Poor baby is she getting better? They really only want their mommies when they don't feel well. How bad is her tooth broken? Maybe her nerve is hurting her.

Bunny...Heather is in my prayers...been in that same situation all too many times...we need to pray her out of it!

Tammy...You could get Beta fish. They live forever and are such beautiful colors. You need to keep them in separate bowls if you get 2 or they will fight to the death of one of them. The butterflies would love the colors.

You are all in my prayers... so if I didn't mention you, just know I got your back...in prayer!

Appreciation Swap so far I have the following people in:
Peggy
Pam
Lida
Megan
Staci
Tammy
Janet
Darlene
If I missed anyone or if you want to join just let me know.

Birthdays I have so far are:
Peggy 10/25
Tammy 11/25
Megan 2/4
Lida 3/19
Darlene 4/28
Pam 6/16
Come on other porchies tell us your BD so we can bless you on your day. Mark these dates down so you have them. Email me your addresses so I can email you all a list. I have Peggy, Megan, Staci and Pam's already. Is it ok if I email everyone's address to everyone else? That's the only way we can send cards and RAOK when someone needs them. The first and foremost thing that Jesus said is to LOVE ONE ANOTHER. That is what we can do as a gift from this porch. We won't walk alone good or bad as long as we have and LOVE ONE ANOTHER through it. Do I hear an amen sisters

We are sooooo good for each other. As we bless each other we too will be blessed. We serve an awesome God!

Once we have each

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  06:13:02 AM  Show Profile
Mornin Ladies,
Looks to be a beautiful day and I am feeling a bit less blue. You are such a blessing.
Thanks for having my back, Darlene and the rest of you.
I'm hoping to get back in the swing of FG projects today and am excited about working on some christmas ornaments for a swap. I think my creativity was bottled up too long and I was feeling "stuck" under my own (too high) expectations. Trying to let go and just relax and enjoy the process.
I hope you all have a great day and glorious weekend. Megan, I hope you catch a ride and enjoy the game.
I'm leaving some Scottish Breakfast tea and oatmeal scones on the porch.
Oh, my bd is 7/27.
Blessings, staci FG# 973

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Sep 17 2010 06:15:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  08:06:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!

I'm not sure what the Virtual Porch forum is exactly, but was communicating with Darlene this AM and she suggested I check it out! Come to find out, Darlene lives just a short distance from me, and we are going to try to meet up one of these days soon.

I live in Cresco, PA and am a farmgirl at heart even though I don't actually live on a farm. However, my grandparents were dairy farmers in Vermont, and my mother also grew up on the farm.

I am 55 years old and have been dating a wonderful guy for the past few years who grew up farming and owns 65 acres of fields and woods that were part of his grandpa's farm. He is a beekeeper and also does some logging with his son-in-law. He has a beautiful 34 year old daughter who has become a dear friend to me as well. We spend a lot of our free time demonstrating antique farm equipment at fairs and farm shows, and I also love to spin, weave, quilt, knit and read.

Sounds like you gals have a lot of fun here and good fellowship - hope you have room for another sister on your porch!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  08:11:58 AM  Show Profile
We have a really big porch so come on & join us! Grab a cup of tea & come sit a spell! It's chilly here so bring a quilt or sweater to keep warm. I think I will make some pumpkin bread today. How does that sound? Good on a chilly day don't ya think??

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  08:18:28 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, please count me in on the Swap. My bd is 6/29.
ladies I need prayer again. My older son is in a crisis situation. He called me last night in tears. His job is exausting him mentally and physically. He has tried to talk to his boss and they say they will do something but then again harrass him at night to stay late. He is working 12 to 14 hour days. Everyone else goes home at 5pm but they come to him and tell him the job has to get done right away. He is the only one that can do everything. He has a large truck payment (600.00 a month) and with the economy the way it is he knows finding another job is hard. I also think me losing my house and business is upsetting him. He will have no home base, no security from a parent. I was able to get him to agree to see a doctor he trusts. But I don't know how long it will take to get him in. So please put him in your prayers. His name is Ash. He always thought if you worked hard and lived an honest life that things would work out. But he feels like his world is falling apart and I don't know how to help him.
Thank you.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  08:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Yeah Luanne...You will love it here and we will love you back. We are just starting some swaps and RAOK. Check back a few pages and you will see. Post your BD so we can get you blessed that day. I have your address from our pic swap so if it's ok I will provide it to everyone that is participating. Also you can swap pics here with the willing. Glad you came on over.

Going out to put up some picket fence with the hubby. Hope you don't hear him screaming during the process.

Blessings,
Darlene

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  08:27:43 AM  Show Profile
Hey Karla - pumpkin brad sounds yummy! How about a cup of hot cider to go with it - stirred with a cinnamon stick, of course!

Hi Bunny - prayers winging your son's way - and praying for you too.

It's really cool and dreary here today - in the mid-50's and a light drizzle. Might do my porch sitting inside looking out at the porch!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  09:09:26 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, wil be praying for a resolution to his problem and Hi there Luanne

CMF
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  09:19:22 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, the baby is doin much better. She broke the whole bottom edge off her tooth, but the dentist said it wasn't deep enough to worry about. He said it was the bruisin in the gums that was hurtin her. She hit hard enough to make the tooth bleed at the gum line, then it swelled so much it looked lopsided. She's still gettin headaches at night from usin her teeth all day, but the dentist said it could hurt her for weeks, so we just give her a little pain meds when she starts hurtin at night.

Luanne, we always have room for more on the porch. We like to chat with each other and support each other and share goodies. All the food on the porch is calorie free and fat free, so we all get to eat up as much as we want. Welcome!

I'm finally gettin a little break and I think I'm gonna bake a blueberry pie to go with dinner tonight. I'm gonna try to put together a nice dinner for the family since they've been eatin from the freezer and out of cans for a few weeks now. I'm thinkin homemade noodles and fresh mashed potatoes for tonight. I'll slip some out to the porch when their done.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  6:55:18 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Bunny...Got you in for the swap. Prayers for your son and you.

Angela...Deep Breath! Poor little girlfriend... prayers continue.

Fence up...no screaming...Whew!

Just made dozens of chunky chocolate cookies for a Beagle picnic sunday (400+ people). Sneaking some to the porch and they're still warm. Yum!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  7:16:50 PM  Show Profile
It's been a looooooong time since I visited the porch....
Hello to all old and new porch ladies!
I'm 50, have a perfectly wonderful BF, a couple of dogs and 4 cats that stay outside most of the time. I love to cook and sew and hope to have a quilt going before too long here. I've been wanting to quilt for ages and am about to just jump in and give it a go!

I've just got in from watering all of my landlords farm animals and could use some gentle conversation and a cup of tea.

Darlene ~ my chub does not thank you for those cookies! good thing virtual goodies are calorie free Glad you got your fence up !
Angela ~ My sister did the same thing when she was a baby. My heart goes out to your little one and I hope the pain fades soon.
Luanne ~ A big warm welcome to the porch! We are a chatty and warm bunch so sit down and enjoy a bit of company,I'm very pleased to meet you

I was just chatting with a girl on FB and she was getting a bit of snow!!!!! And I was whining because I wanted cool autumn weather LOL!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  05:06:44 AM  Show Profile
Just dropped by to say "hi", I'm gonna need to catch up....the new job has had me tuckered out! But it's all good! Just trying to adjust to my new schedule and getting up early and going to bed early...nice to see all of you on here! like I said, I'll have to catch up on what's been happening...I've gotten a couple really cute photos with letters...love them! I'll be sending mine out I promise...just trying to get a handle on my reorganization here! bare with me!!! Hugs to all!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!http://mysistersgardenofthetreasurecoast.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  05:07:13 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Porchies!

My but it is cool on the porch this morning. Even with my quilt, socks and hot coffee I am still shivering. I am going to light the outdoor fire place I saw in the corner for those of us who are in the cold part of the porch.

Darlene- Thank you for the cookies! Tasty and calorie free!

Bunny- Prayers for your son. We never stop being moms, no matter how old they are.

Annika- Nice to have you back with us!

Luanne- Welcome! I hope to travel to your neck of the woods sometime next year. My SIL lives near Reading. If we make the trip I hope to connect with Darlene.

Angela- More prayers for your family!

Today- tomatoes, apples, meeting at church, hospital visits, home visits, coffee, New England clam chowder, grandchild hug, card game this evening with anyone who is home. Speaking of card games- Have any of you ever played Dutch Blitz?

I'm going to re-fill my coffee and enjoy the quiet here for a bit before plunging into my day.

Peace,
Lida
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  05:08:10 AM  Show Profile
BD: 5/20

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!http://mysistersgardenofthetreasurecoast.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  06:39:51 AM  Show Profile
Morning Ladies! I'm heading to a music fest today and am so glad it's to be a beautiful day.
Just wanted to touch base here on the porch - reminds me of playing tag with my cousins as a kid - porch was always "base", a safe place....just like here.
Praying blessings on you all for a wonderful weekend.

Blessings, staci FG# 973

Edited by - staci860 on Sep 18 2010 06:41:54 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page