Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  06:55:25 AM  Show Profile
We do have a covered porch don't we??? It is rainging here & I like to sit out & watch the rain come down! It is a bit cold though!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  08:18:09 AM  Show Profile
Busy day in Groveland today. Our annual 49er festival and parade today. A quilt show in Sonora and the weather is perfect. In past years we have had fog during the parade and rain for the quilt show. but not this year!
Karla, I'll bring some flannel quilts to the porch next time.. that will keep you nice and warm!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

MInwife
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

LEA
OXFORD NC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  09:43:48 AM  Show Profile
having to take off chores today with my feet up and a heating pad. Having a diverticulitis flair today so seems like a perfect time to do bit of crochet or something....however, the weather is so beautiful I am dying to be outside.....
Ahh well, might move the rocker in the sun a bit for a good soak

Lea

www.theendoftheroad.typepad.com

Farm Girl Sister # 2078
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  12:02:03 PM  Show Profile
A nice cup of tea and hugs to you all. The plumbing calls and I am off to drill new holes in my floor for pipes.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  1:15:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Luanne, welcome to the porch! We are always looking for more sisters to join us!
Today we had our second rugby games, and we DOMINATED! They didn't score at all, and our A side won by more than 40 points! The B side didn't score as much, but that's not for record, more for practice. But we still won! Whew hoo! Now for homework:( But it has to get done... Maybe later I'll make some chocolate chip cookies for the porch! I'm also going to take in some college football: Notre Dame at Michigan State. My Mom's entire family pretty much went to MSU, so we have green in our blood!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  2:17:31 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon porchies,
A rainy chilly day here so have my teapot brimming of course. Just finished grading papers got a bit behind last week so always good to be caught up. Did not buy turtles yesterday they didn't have any and said snapping turtles would only be found and that is not good for kiddos. So I bought three fish and a heater for the tank. Pray they stay alive. I have had fish before and had good luck so just hoping it was the goldfish. The butterflies and I will have a long discussion on little we will need to feed these fish.

Welcomd Luann always room for one more on the porch.

Darlene emailed you dear.

Well ladies off to fill my teacup and take in a good book

hugs and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  2:35:42 PM  Show Profile
Megan, I thought green blood was a sign of an alien? HHHMMM? That may be why someone so young likes all us old hens! Ha! Ha! Just teasin!

I was finally able to get some very solid down the baby. She went with us to a honey festival and fire dept fish fry and ate honey cookies, whole wheat pizza, and french fries. She couldn't eat a lot of any of it, but she got enough down to make her happy. Then she switched to honey cream pie, soft and yummy! We're havin leftover noodles tonight, so she'll be able to eat good before bedtime.

Karla, Of course the porch is covered and there's firepits and bug lamps and everything! It's always comfy out here.

Well, I have a little one who's potty trainin and has been out of sight and quiet for way too long. Gotta go!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  2:56:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh, you guys aren't old hens! Besides, age is just a number!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  4:32:24 PM  Show Profile
I have never heard of honey cream pie... sounds heavenly!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  4:36:00 PM  Show Profile
Megan, Sounds like you have a great team! Way to go.
Tammy, I agree snapping turtles would not be a good thing. Hopefully the fish will stick around for a while.
Had a good day at the shop. Of course everything is on sale.. but it's all about making money now. My son did a high altitude diving class in Lake Tahoe today. He had a great time and sounds like he is doing better. Thanks for the prayers.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  5:59:41 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Quick update...

Porchies in Appreciation Swap so far are...Peggy, Pam, Lida, Megan, Staci, Tammy, Janet, Bunny and Darlene. Anyone else please let me know by Monday.

Birthdays so far...Peggy 10/25, Tammy 11/25, Megan 2/4, Lida 3/19, Darlene 4/28, Monica 5/20, Pam 6/16, Bunny 6/29, and Staci 7/27. Other porchies please email me your BD and addresses. I will then email everyone a list with everyones info.

Blessings and continued prayers sisters.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  8:04:33 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, we do have a nationally ranked team actually!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  8:19:30 PM  Show Profile
My BD is 8/14

Have a great and blessed day!
Go to Top of Page

MInwife
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

LEA
OXFORD NC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  8:42:09 PM  Show Profile
This was my first day on the porch....I was glad to be able to visit a spell since I was a bit under the weather..Thanks bunches for the company!

Lea

Farm Girl Sister # 2078
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  05:01:09 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning,
Lea- You are more than welcome to come to the porch and relax anytime you need to. Sorry about your tummy ache. I have 3 friends with diverticulitis and I see that flair ups can be miserable. Two of them have both had to have surgery and they are each very careful about what they eat. We have a weekly lunch soup club that 2 of these friends are in with me and several other women. We all try to be very careful about seeds in the soups we make to share. I was thinking about you 4 women with this disorder last night while slicing tomatoes for the dehydrator so I prayed for all 4 of you.

Megan- I should watch a You Tube video about rugby so that your posts about it make sense to me. It sounds great! There is a Catholic high school behind my house. They are also nationally ranked for several sports. It gets very noisy in this neighborhood when there are games.

Darlene- You are the best! Thank you for compiling all of our data! I appreciate you!

Peggy- Praying for your retreat and for your health.

Tammy- How old are your butterflies? Watching fish can be very calming, yeah for fish in the classroom!

Angela- So what was your little one up to while being too quiet? That is always a sure sign that something is happening!

Bunny- Glad to here that the sales are going well for you and that your son had an exciting afternoon.

Picked all of the ripe tomatoes yesterday. Now I have to do something with them! My intention is to can pasta sauce but I need more tomatoes to ripen to fill the canner. I haven't checked my country garden in 3 weeks. I have a fun race back "home" where that garden is this weekend so I will check it and probably get most of it ready for the winter. Cold and frost come earlier where my country garden is than here where I live.

My fun race next week is an adventure race that I am doing as part of a team with 2 of my SILs, my 8 y.o. nephew and my 15 y.o. DD. The race includes canoeing, trail running/hiking and mountain biking, oh and a poker run and mental challenges along the course! This is my 3rd year doing this race and it is so much fun. We are all in it to enjoy the outdoors and have a good time, not to really compete and place.

Okay, gotta get ready for church. Have a blessed day everyone! I left y'all some blueberry scones on the table.

Lida
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  08:23:29 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Sorry I've been MIA these past couple of days. It's been really busy. Work has been interesting but not to stressful and then last night we went to see Willie Nelson. I've seen him before but he is still AMAZING! I love his music so much. It was pouring rain but everyone (5000 people) had rain gear and tarps and no one cared. We danced in the mud and rain. It truly was a celebration of music and nature. LOL!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MInwife
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

LEA
OXFORD NC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  08:41:25 AM  Show Profile
Lida thanks bunches, I stayed home to rest a bit more today.... pacing like a caged tiger. just well enough to want to do something, but feeling bad enough to know I shouldn't!

I am going between reading, crochet, and the internet.... with my husband telling me to SIT every time I try to do something ~smile~

Hope you are all having a great day!

Lea

Farm Girl Sister # 2078
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  09:02:16 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porchies, tried to sleep in but the furries were awake at 6:00am. Between yacking, running after a mouse someone brought in and making kittie dough on my chest.. I gave up. Thank God for coffee.

Lea, I know what you mean about wanting to do stuff when you are sick. That's when I find a good book series that I can't put down. Someone to keep the teacup filled and a good book will keep me down most days. At least you have your husband to keep you in check. Getting worse is not much fun either I suspect.

Megan, how wonderful to be on such a great team. You all must be awesome on the field!

Pam, I have seen Willie Nelson and I agree. Not sure how I would feel being out in the rain. Not too cold I hope? Sounds like a great night for a nice hot bath when you get home.

Darlene, thanks so much for getting everything together for the swap.
Later everyone enjoy your Sunday!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  10:41:36 AM  Show Profile
Lida, the little monster had snuck off to the kitchen and had taken off her training pants. She was happily crawlin around naked chasin after the cat under the table! I had to save the cat and redress the little monster.

Lea, your welcome to pace the porch anytime you need to. We have all done it at one time or another. Welcome!

Pam, I've never gotten to see Willie. I would love to if I ever get a chance to!

Megan, keep us updated on how the teams doin. Maybe we could find a webchannel if you guys get to the championship level. I know a lot of people will take their laptops and record the game in a live streaming situation to websites. Let us know if you hear anything about anyone doin that at your school!

I've been cleanin and organizin like crazy here. I almost have my house back in workin order. I am also tryin to get it ready for fall and winter. I have to get the blankets and winter clothes out and figure out where to store things till we're ready to put up the summer stuff. I am runnin in circles it feels like. I have been inventoryin everything as it gets washed so I know who needs what to get through the winter. So far I think the older girls only need some more pants, but the baby is gonna need everything. I do have boots and tennis shoes for her, but only about 6 or so outfits. She has 5 pairs of stretchy pants for layerin under her other pants for outside play, but she doesn't have the other pants yet! LOL! I think it's comin out a little backwards! Oh well. It'll all come together soon enough.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  11:30:54 AM  Show Profile
Hey everyone! For anyone's who's wondering about what rugby is and how our team is doing, we actually have a website. I'll copy the link here.
http://www.dsharugby.com/
If you look at the most recent pics, I'm in the fourth one, and I'm the one farthest right wearing the black Atlanta, Georgia shirt. The website also has all sorts of info about the sport, and our stats.
So exciting that I'm getting the porch into a new sport!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  1:35:02 PM  Show Profile
Hey Megan! I clicked on the pictures in the sidebar on the home page from the link. The fourth pic there in that group, right?

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  2:35:27 PM  Show Profile
Yes ma'am! That would be me yesterday, during the A side game.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  7:19:38 PM  Show Profile
You're a little cutie. I hope you guys do good this season!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  7:36:19 PM  Show Profile
Hey porchies,
how are we tonight? Good I hope. It was a chilly day here but I went to church and then had to run to city for groceries. People today were just plain rude. I hate rudeness. there is never a reason to be unkind is the way I think. I said a prayer for them and for me to just be nice and not say anything back. But I must say that was hard.

Tomorrow back to the butterflies. Lida I teach second and third grade. Checked the fish today after church. Seem to be doing fine. The heater is keeping the water temp level and I was fascinated by how fast they swim.

I do hope you ladies have a beautiful day tomorrow.

hugs and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  12:10:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies...I made it home from my Retreat safely! We had a Restful time in the Lord and it was just what the great physician ordered for each one of us. We played this crazy fun game called "Apples to Apples"? Anyone ever play? It is one of those games that just gets funnier the more tired you get too! We laughed and laughed this weekend...just big hard belly laughs! That was so much fun! Laughter is such good medicine! The weather was one long rain storm with a few breaks...but even rain is ok with me at the Beach. We still got shopping done at the Outlet Mall and then drove to some of the smaller coastal towns with some of our favorite little specialty shops. It was a Wonderful Wonderful Retreat! Loved it all!

Can't believe how many pages I had to catch up on...you guys were chatty this weekend! I love the Porch when it is like that! Welcome to our Newbies! Glad to have you here. It is a fabulous place to come anytime, day or night! This is a safe place to hang out and share LIFE!

Well...just wanted to let you know that I appreciated all your prayers and special thoughts on my Retreat. Wish I could have taken each one of you with me! It was just such a Special time of Refreshment and Restoration for the Body, Soul and Spirit!

Much More Rested In Him,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page