Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2010 :  09:24:21 AM  Show Profile
Happy Friday! I hope that all of you dear porchies have a great weekend =)
Off the sort and clean =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2010 :  5:28:05 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, prayers for you and hubby.
Hannah, I'll tell her!
Today was pretty good. It seemed like a such long day! But I got through it, and I'm excited for the weekend! Tomorrow after rugby practice, I'm going to a soccer game with my friend for the people we babysit for, then we're going to babysit, then we're sleeping over at her house (and this is pretty much my very bestest friend ever!) So I'm pretty excited! Have a good weekend everyone!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2010 :  8:02:41 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies,
I just came in from enjoying some time outside enjoying the harvest moon. Oh it is just beautiful.

Darlene~oh my sweet one I am so glad you were not hurt worse. I hope you and your hubby will be albe to rest this weekend. Praying for you.

Peggy hope you have a wonderful time with your granddaughter. We will miss you but look forward to hearing some stories.

Megan hope you have a wonderful weekend with your friends. I remember those days.

Bunny glad to hear your sales have been good.

Hope you all have a blessed evening.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  04:18:54 AM  Show Profile
Hello Porch Sisters,
Quick post, heading out of town to my mother's house and to work in my country garden. It is close to killing frost time where she lives so I need to get into the garden.

Gotta run.

Lida
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  06:46:11 AM  Show Profile
The moon was glorious. Dog woke me up at about 2am and I took her out. Almost too nice to go back to bed but needed to sleep to work. We have been having a wind storm all Friday. Our electric coop has been having a terrible time keeping up with it.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  06:47:20 AM  Show Profile
Darlene praying that you both will heal quickly and that any financial problems due to the accident will be eliminated.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  4:18:13 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! I had an amazing weekend! My friend and I finished it off with a nice run (she's a cross country runner). We babysat last night, and after the kids were in bed, we watched The Little Mermaid. It's been a while! Then we went to church this morning, which I'm going to try and start going at least twice a month, then went to Boston Store. My friend was originally going to wear her 8th grade graduation dress to homecoming, but when I showed my friend and her mom my dress, we spotted a really cute dress. So now my friend has a new homecoming dress! Yay! But alas, tomorrow I have school, and with school, comes homework:(
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  06:21:38 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Thank you sisters for the prayers and well wishes. Residual from accident is muscular in nature from neck down, muscle spasms and the like. This too shall pass. Thankful that's all it is.

Cherime...So far we had to pay $295 for towing 3mi. away from accident. $230 for our garage to pick up car and bring it home so we didn't have to pay $45 a day storage. The car now sits at my house. When my mother died she gave me the car. It saddens me because I always drove it to church and had my little time with her. At least where it is I can't see the damage. Waiting for adjuster to evaluate. It is totaled. Everyone is amazed we walked away. Isn't God faithful and protective?

Finishing up on my swap for Tammy and will mail it by 9/30. How are the rest of you doing?

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  06:28:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Darlene -

I'm so glad you weren't seriously hurt. How is hubby's eye doing?

The farm show went well - biggest crowd ever, I think, and the weather was beautiful. Wish you could have been there - but maybe next year! Meanwhile, maybe we can get together sometime for lunch or something since you're not too far away.

Hugs!
Luanne

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  06:55:40 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Luanne...I really was so sad I couldn't come. We both wanted to but way to sore to walk around. His eye is doing well except his glasses are all pitted from the glass and he has to wait until his doctor sees him on thursday to order new ones.
We sure can meet somewhere. Let me know when you are available and we'll go from there, ok?

By the way porchies another sister on another forum asked for prayer for this man who is in very serious condition. His name is Rob Hogan and his wife is Ann. Please pray for them. Go to this site and click on and then click into journal to read his story. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/robandannhogan When in the journal go back to the beginning to read his sad story. We are a praying group and we can intervene with our prayers and trust God for his Miracles!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  06:56:15 AM  Show Profile
Looks like the porch was pretty quiet this weekend. We had beautiful weather here and the ladies retreat was restful. Yesterday's bridal shower was outside and the fall air smelled fantastic. Had an enjoyable dinner at the Legion for the Boy Scout awards in the evening...the troop earned a total of 124 merit badges over the summer. Pretty impressive number for a troop of 25-30.

Darlene, I'm thankful to hear that your injuries are of a temporary nature and that you have such a positive outlook through this time. I hope your husband's eye is healing as well. (I'm sorry about the car though.)

I took the day off to rest up from the weekend : ) and putz around with some craft ideas floating around in my head. I'm leaving some Pumpkin Maple Coffee Cake and a thermos of campfire roast coffee...enjoy.

I hope to get my swap stuff in the mail on Wednesday.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  07:55:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi all, this was a great weekend at the shop. I have been able to stash enough money for the move so far. Next is money to live on and enough to pay my shop vendors. I have been doing inventory all weekend with a friend. So far looks good. I guess everyone got to enjoy the wonderful moon. It was beautiful here too. I'm hoping a quiet weekend for porchies is a good thing. Everyone safe and busy. Not much else going on. My son is coming up Tuesday night to help me get ready for my first yard sale this Saturday. I hope to have one the next 3 Saturdays to start getting rid of stuff I don't need for the move.
Peggy, I'm working on my swap project. I'll have it in the mail on Thursday. Nothing fancy but colorful.. I hope you will like it.
Enjoy your Monday everyone!
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  09:37:03 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Good for you Bunny. See how things start to work out? God did not put a spirit of fear and anxiety in us. It took me a long time to chill out and get it. I remember God is in control and all is good! Is your son doing better? Stress is a killer no matter what age we are and no boss is worth that kind of stress or abuse. Thank God you have a doctor that gets it. Alot would just not give a hoot.

I found this recipe for pie crust on another forum and tried it with apple pie yesterday and it is my new pie crust. Easy and tasty: 2/3 c shortening
1 tsp salt Mix with fork until incorporated. Then press into pie plate and flute edges.
1 and 1/2 c flour Enjoy!
1/4 c boiling water

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  09:41:12 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Recipe in readable form: Why does it do that?

2/3 c shortening
1 tsp salt Incorporate with fork. Press in pie plate and flute edges. Enjoy!
1&1/2 c flour
1/4 c boiling water

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  10:00:14 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Darlene-glad to see you are doing better. Don't overdo it!
Bunny! Yeah for a good weekend.

I am working today, which is good, I need the money but I'm working because my coworker has a hang over and can't come in. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now with life. I need to step back, assess and deep breaths.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  10:14:46 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Pam my dear daughter from the porch...How can I help you? I am praying for your peace. We all need to step back and take a deep breath every once and awhile. Chill out...Give it to God...Lean on me...Scream, Cry, Stomp...Breath. Hug your doggies they will comfort you. Email me if you need to talk and I'll call you!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  3:15:32 PM  Show Profile
Darlen Darlene...I hope and pray that you and hubby are alright! I bet you are good and sore! My good graciousness...God protected you on that one. My husband and I got rear-ended three times in a 6 month period and we felt like our car had a bulls-eye on it or something. You get in very many of those accidents and what seems to be virtually nothing starts turning into something. My husband in the last accident had his lower back damaged; the area that controls your urinary and bowel muscles and the Drs said that if he got into one more fender-bender he would probably lose all control of his bowels and bladder for good, not just temporarily.
So, Darlene don't be too quick to write-off an accident as just muscle pain. How is your husbands eye? That was frightening to hear about!
Praying God's complete healing for you both!

Well, I missed my Train yesterday in Seattle because of a Seahawks or Mariners game...not sure which it was. I had to run four city blocks with a 25 lb suitcase on wheels and a tote-bag that must have weighed almost the same. Thought I was going to have a heart attack dodging traffic, tail-gating parties, pedestrians, and police. I made the 4 blocks in 6 minutes...right at 5:30 when the Train was scheduled to leave. It was still on the tracks and they wouldn't let me on. Me and about 8 other people. I was so mad and so winded from running I could have spit nails. I had to book a return trip for 7:30 this morning and I got there a half hour early and they had a huge boarding line because you had to have assigned seating coming out of Seattle. So, no wonder I didn't make it last night. Anyway, loved the Train Ride other than that big Fat Fiasco! Very comfortable and relaxing trip both ways once I was on board! It was great to visit my kids! My GD is amazing, beautiful and fun! And I found out that I am going to be a Grandma again! A baby on the way! DIL, did a home pregnancy test while
I was there and it came out Positive! We are all Happy! But they will only let me tell my husband until after her first Dr. Apptmnt. They don't want the Uncles, Aunts and Great Grandma's to know yet. It is hard when you want to shout it from the Roof Tops but I have all you girls to share it with...so that helps! I am praying for a boy but I will take what ever God decides! They want another girl and Madeline wants a sister. I had all boys, so another girl to spoil would be OK with this Grandmama too.

Missed you all...my son didn't have his computer hooked up yet from the move. I spent all day Friday putting their kitchen together for them! There house is lovely and I am just so happy to have them back out here in the PNW where I can see my Grandbabie(s) more often than once or twice a year. The train was also cheaper than driving and took the exact same amount of time as a car. I will probably use that as my main mode of transportation back and forth.

I think I got caught up on all the Porch news...so, I am off to the other Forums to see what has been happening. Glad to be home and back on The Porch with my dear Sisters!

Hugs and Smiles,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 27 2010 3:24:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  4:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peg...I missed you sooooo much. I'm glad you enjoyed your GD. Big congratulations on your next bundle of joy. How wonderful!Your husband does have a bad back if he has control problems. That is one of the things they are concerned with if you have back problems. We are so sore. My husbands eye is good and he goes to the eye doctor on thursday for follow up. I'm noticig that I'm feeling like my fibro has shown it's ugly head since the accident. My wrists, fingers and ankles feel like they're broken and I am unable to hold things. You know what I mean. I hope I'm wrong. My muscles and trigger points are all on high alert! Time will tell. I read another post about your dog...mine did the same thing one time...I think she must have been scared because she never does anything either. Running all over town girlfriend and not even getting on the train. That could make you lose it! Can you finally breath ok? Lol!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  4:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Ms. Darlene-you are so wonderful. Your post brought me to tears. Thank you so much for just being you.

Peggy-I'm so glad that you had a great weekend and congrats! Missed you!

I'm doing better now that I am home, took a bath and played with the pups. Mark is playing tonight but I think I will pass. I'm not in the mood for crowds tonight, plus I need some me time.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  5:11:05 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, glad to have you home. The train thing would have had me spouting steam. At least you had somewhere to go back to. I guess you will have it down next time. Congrats on the GB on the way. I have a great niece or nephew on the way. Neither of my son's are married. One is way to young anyway. So it will probably be a while for grandkids.

Darlene, sounds like you need some major rest.
Pam glad you took some time for yourself.

Later porchies... stay well!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  7:08:50 PM  Show Profile
Oooh, Peggy! Congratulations! So exciting! Prayers for the Mama and Papa!
Today my B side lost our rugby game, but our side doesn't really count, but A side did win! So exciting! It was a really big game, too. We had a good day at school too. It went by nice and fast!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

PattiSutton
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Patti
Sterling Heights MI
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  9:04:59 PM  Show Profile
It's a cold dreary night over here with leaky clouds every once in a while. Perfect for curling up and seeing how the porch is.

Darlene, so happy to hear you two are on the mend.
And Peggy, congrats on the news!

Over here, we're waitng for the results from DH's tests. I'm only just getting back to normal since last week he had to stay up all night as prep for one test - and I stayed up as well to make sure he didn't doze off. Thank goodness our daughter had school all day and we were able to get a good nap once we got back home.

I know I'm missing some other ladies and their news and I apologize. When I got back here and saw the amount of new messages, it was rather daunting and I've sorta skipped around.

Well, I'm gonna go back in now, the rain is starting again and that comforter is sounding mighty good. 'Night everyone!

Patti

Farmgirl #1184
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  12:21:46 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Porchies... for the G-baby Congrats...I was so excited to be able to share with you all! There is nothing more special than a baby to love on! But since mommy just found out...it is going to be a long pregnancy for Grandmama! LOL But I have my little Madeline to love on and she is just so precious. Mommy and daddy are going to have to really have done something tremendous to equal Madeline in my book!
Darlene...I bet your Fibro is flaring something terrible! It will be hard to determine what is Fibro and what is accident pain. My Fibro also flared after having run those four city blocks in 6 minutes. Both my oldest and youngest sons scolded me for trying to make that train. It really was rather NUTS on my part, next time...I will just admit defeat before I throw myself into a heart attack and a lot of Muscle Pain. With my balance issues I am lucky I didn't end up on my face in the middle of the Street or sidewalk. So, all that to say Darlene please REST and take care of yourself so your body can heal!! Sometimes we only aggravate the problem because we want to accomplish something that our bodies aren't up to. I am praying for you girl and I feel your pain! You must force yourself to take it easy for a few days at least! Dr. Peggy's orders!
Pam...how was work today? I thought of something today...how well do you like kids? The two legged kind? Have you every thought of teaching after school crafting classes for kids...as a job? I bet you would be great fun with kids. You have that bubbly out of the box type personality that kids tend to gravitate to. Just a thought...as one of your on-line Mother's I'm trying to help you re-invent yourself so that you have a happier job! You can still tell me to butt out if I get carried away! LOL
Bunny...will get your appreciation package out this week. I am putting somethings together right now. Hope you'll like them. I heard that L.A. was 113 today...did it get that HOT were you live? Now we get summer! Oh well, better late than never huh?
Tammy...How are the butterflies with their new fish? Hope your heart is doing better with the personal situation on the home front. I continue to pray for you!
Lida...Did you get all of your second garden harvested at your mom's place? I hope you got there in time and found a lot of good produce to take home and feed your family with.
Megan and Hannah...I love hearing about your busy lives. You girls don't let the grass grow under your feet...you keep going and going and going just like the Energizer Bunny! And that is Great...Enjoying Life to the Fullest and Living In the Moment is exactly what we all should be doing! You're good examples!
Patti...don't let yourself get overwhelmed if you have missed a few days reading the posts. I try to just do a quick read and then hop in where ever it feels comfortable! Just generalize and tell us what you've been up to first. We miss each sister when she can't be here to chat for a few days...but we all have those times. Welcome to the Porch and MJF...we are glad that you are part of the Porchies now!
To All The Rest Of My Wonderful Porchies... I love you all and pray God's abundant blessings on your individual lives. I am so thankful that we have each other! Aren't you? You are all HUGE blessings in my day-to-day life!
Good Night and Sweet Dreams,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 28 2010 12:31:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  04:14:46 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everybody!

I've been out of touch for a few days - worked from dawn to dark all weekend at the local farm show and had great time, then yesterday I had to work 7 - 3:30 and then had a whole bunch of mini cukes waiting to be pickled last night, so am finally starting to catch up!

Darlene - hope you feel better real soon - we need to make plans to meet for lunch, dinner, shopping, or something - I can't wait to meet you!

Peggy - congrats on the new baby! Be sure to keep us posted when the announcement is official!

Staci - I haven't had time to shop for our swap yet, but I promise I will in the next couple of days. Please be patient with me. After mid-October my insane schedule slows down a lot, and I'll have a lot more time to do things just for fun.

I'm slowly getting to know the rest of you ladies from your posts and hope you all have a wonderful day today. It's pouring here in Northeast PA, so think I'll take my tea and a goodie of some sort inside - it's kinda wet on the porch this mornin'!!!

Luanne
beekeepersgirl

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  07:29:48 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies.... glad to see so many of you checking in. Most everybody seems to be having a more "up" week this week - yeah!

Pam, I hope getting some "me" time helped a bit. It's so important that we give ourselves permission to do that once in awhile.
Darlene, praying that your fibro/muscle pains lessen and that you have peace in your body.
Luanne, no worries! I've been a bit behind myself....whenever you're able to mail is fine. And you don't really need to shop for anything. A note from you, a copy of your favorite recipe, a craft idea that you can share...anything is fine really.
Peggy, congrats Gram! How exciting!
I wish everyone a beautiful and restful day.
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Sep 28 2010 07:32:14 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page