Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  08:20:07 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.. yes it is hot here in Sunny Calif. Not as hot as LA but it is suppose to be at least 100 here and 105 in the San Francisco bay area where my son is. Not fun this time of year.. We had such a nice summer without all this horrible heat.. I guess it was just a delay.
Peggy, I have one thing for our swap to send out.. another for your birthday the end of October. I hope that is ok. I'm starting slow.. not sure how this works or what people send or do. BTW, send me an email about stuff you like.. cats, coffee, tea, birds, give me some subjects. I'll do the same back.

Darlene, I hope you are taking everyone's advise and resting. I know about the Fibro stuff myself. It can just add to all the mending issues and make you feel even worse.

Pam, I hope things slow down for you. Just remember to take some time to just be.. A little morning meditation helps.

Megan, you are so busy busy. Just remember to take some time to enjoy the time you have in high school. Don't overwhelm yourself with so many things that you burn out. You have 4 wonderful years ahead of you.

Off to work I go...stay well my porchies!
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  08:45:41 AM  Show Profile
God bless all and have a good day.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

PattiSutton
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Patti
Sterling Heights MI
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  11:37:49 AM  Show Profile
Good rainy afternoon everyone!

Peggy...thanks for the encouragement. I need to remind myself to just jump in where I am instead of over-think everything.
Cherime ... couldn't have said it better!

Hope you're all taking time to enjoy your day. I'm off to pick up DD at school in a few minutes.

God Bless!
Patti

Farmgirl #1184
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  1:19:12 PM  Show Profile
It's been a long time since I've really had time to post. My life has been spinnin out of control and I have been unable to get a grip on it. I am startin to rework it completely a little at a time. I'm startin by pickin up the pieces around me as I sit here on my butt. Right where life kicked my knees out from under me.

To say me and DH were fightin like cats and dogs wouldn't be quite right. Cats and dogs only scratch and bite, the things we said to each other and did to hurt each other was so much worse than that. I spent 2 days alone and really thought my marriage was over. I was angry and terrified.
The house we're livin in is still my MILs, so I had nowhere to go. All our money was gone between tryin to keep my parents, grandparents, and ourselves from sinkin financially and my DH bein out of work. I have no family who isn't livin on pennies and could afford to take on me and my girls till I could find work.

My MIL was diagnosed with emphasyma and has insisted that she can't drive herself to her appointments, cook for herself, do her own dishes, clean her own house, anything at all really. My 10y/o has had to stay with her for days to be her little hand maid, which has me livid! She has also kept my DH at her beck and call through all this to help her to the bathroom and to help her off the couch or out of bed and everything! She was doin that to keep us apart so the fighting would get worse. She drove herself to town to get a sandwich the morning before her diagnosis!

I have been in my own personal hell for quite a while. Then my DH went to spend the day at his buddy's house to gripe about us and life. He got the shock of his life that day. His buddy, who I've never gotten along with even though he was married in family before me and DH got married, jumped his butt for what he was doin. He told him all the things his second wife did to him and how horrible their life was. He told my DH he was only stayin married to try to follow how we lived and to change his marriage into what we had. He chewed him out for hours, then made him go through our whole marriage with him and go over every problem we had ever had that he could remember. His buddy showed him where he had blame in each situation as well as me. He then asked him if his life would be happier without me in it, even if he got to keep the kids with him. My DH said he knew as the question was bein asked that his life couldn't be anything but worse without me. His buddy, who during the first 3 years of our marriage had tried to split us up, told my DH it was only out of jealousy that he did that. He said he wanted what we had so bad, but he didn't even have it with his first wife, my cousin.

On the ride home he said he got to thinkin about how his mom was keepin half my family from me durin a time when I really needed them with me. He came to see that her instant helplessness was not real and that it was only to get her way. She has always wanted the family I had as her family life had been a verbally abusive hell from her mom to her husband. We have fought several times before over her wantin my girls to call her momma and wantin them to live with her and see us on the weekends. He suddenly realized she was tryin to seperate me from the picture...agian.

He came in at 2 in the mornin and told me he was gonna go lay down. I decided to pray for the words I needed and to go lay down in our bed and see if he asked me to leave or if he left. He laid there watchin a movie for 2 hours, then suddenly turned to me and apologized. We were still up about 2 more days. Talkin, plannin, and tryin to figure out where life went wrong. We have decided that with everything crumblin around us it probably wasn't the right time to try to quit smokin. We're gonna retry in a very short time, after we get a gameplan together for our lives. He has already had it out with his mom and set her straight on what's gonna happen. She is gonna accept her role as grandma and someone on the outside of this family, or we will move and put her on the outside physically. He is gonna spend a few days figurin out exactly what we need to talk about as far as he feels, and I am supposed to do the same. He wants to try to make a list and work through everything one topic at a time.

I also found out that his aunt has been callin him daily to complain about her health and what needs to be done about it. She has been tryin to make him agree to help her by takin her to all her appointments and basically tryin to make it his problem to deal with. She has also been tryin to make him do all kinds of foot work and research for her to help her son, his cousin, who is in prison. My DH knows nothing about legal papers or who can look into situations on a legal front! He was a police dispatcher, not a lawyer! The burden is crushin him. I called his aunt, and politely as I could, told her to back off and handle her own life. I told her that he was my husband and I wouldn't stand for him bein guilted into takin on other's lives and problems at the detriment of ours. She was pretty ticked off, but she agreed to let him be. We both went to my parents, he to my dad and me to my mom, and explained that we were stretched to our limit. They have backed off on callin for help. The only thing they have needed in a week has been the animal food carried into the house. With my dad still on crutches and moms arm still in a cast, they really needed that. They did wait till we were in town and just happened to stop by before they asked, so that was great!

We still have a long way to go, but we are movin forward, and this time it's hand in hand, not one in front of the other. I am kinda glad for the hell I went through, it led me out of the darkness and into the light. Now, if we can stay movin towards that light, we might find our way to heaven!

Sorry about the long post. I just needed to put this into words and review over it. I could also use any advice you girls might have. We know we don't have all the answers, but we are both determined to find enough of them to make us work. We both refuse to accept divorce since our marriage doesn't have really major issues, no violence, no cheatin, no verbal abuse outside our snotty remarks durin fights, which aren't really very often. It's been months since we argued before this last one. I think we're both more than stubborn enough to make this work.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  1:36:03 PM  Show Profile
Darlene-Oh my gosh! So glad you and DH are ok!

Peggy-Glad you had fun visiting with family and congrats on the soon-to-be addition to the family

Angela-you post made me cry! But I am so happy things seem to be on the mend; it's just gonna take a lot of time and talking. I personally want to give his friend a huge hug...what a great man for doing what he did! Just stay positive and tell your hubby just how much you love him!!!

Life is so busy, my 1yr old is trying so hard to walk and I think that is taking so much of my day. Off to Sandpoint, ID for the day on Thursday (so excited) to get the well drilled for our property
Hope everyone's week only gets better!!!

(by the way, for the birthday posts-mine is 7/16/73)

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  2:31:13 PM  Show Profile
Patti...there you go girlfriend, you just hopped right in there and it was easier that way huh? Sometimes
we have just a few minutes in our schedule like you and Cherime today and just an encouragement to
all the Porchies are just the Perfect words! We don't want to overwhelm ourselves! Sometimes
you can say more in a few words than droning on like I tend to do. LOL
Darlene...hope the pain is lessening sweetheart! Relax, Rejuvenate, Refresh...Heal/Body, Mind and Soul!
Pam...I am with you on the "Me" time thing. Today that is exactly what I need. Even though I am a people
person...I feel people out with my busy past two weeks. I need to be still, be creative and listen
for that still small voice of God.
Bunny...when I read your note on here...you mentioned birds. I love birds. I have bird cages, bird nests, bird
eggs, and all kinds of bird decor in my home. So, I would have to say I collect bird stuff too. As well
as anything Heart Shaped.
Staci...your wish for everyone to have a beautiful and restful day was exactly what I personally needed, so thank you for
speaking those words over us!
Luanne...Are you really a BeeKeeper? If so,you would probably like getting a hold of one of MJF's back issues of
her Magazine that is all about BeeKeeping. I think it was a 2009 issue. You can go on the Store Web Page and
order back issues or go on the Swap and Barter Forum's and let people know that you would like to swap
something for a copy of that issue. I loaned mine to a friend who wants to do Bee Keeping in the
future.
Angela...I just read your post and had to get back on here and say how much I admire your husbands friend for being honest and forthright with your hubby and how much I admire both you and your hubby for fighting through it all...to make your marriage work. You do not need everyone else's baggage dumped on your front porch to deal with. You did the right thing by letting everyone know...that right now your main concern and focus has to be on you two and your own family. The extended family will figure out how to manage without you doing everything for them, believe me. You obviously both have willing, giving hearts but you are being walked on, manipulated and used at the cost of your own darling family...which is too high of price to pay to help others...who can learn to do more for themselves. I am really PROUD of YOU and Your Husband! I am praying God's Abundant Blessing over You! May you know the Joy of Obedience to His ways and
The Blessings of allowing Him to guide your every step. Remember He promises to hold you by His Mighty Right Hand!

OK...I am accomplishing nothing today but I sure have enjoyed chatting with my Porchies! You all have a blessed rest of the day and breathe in the beauty all around you!

Blessings and Hugs,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 28 2010 2:52:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  5:41:57 PM  Show Profile
Hello all. Angela, you and your hubby will be in my prayers. I'm glad that you two have decided to stick it out.
Peggy and Bunny, thanks for the kind words. I'm really enjoying this time, and tomorrow is our first club day, and I'm joining Glee Club! I love the television show, so it'll be perfect fun for me!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  5:53:33 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh Angela, thank you for sharing with us and for trying to work it out with your husband. So often, people don't want to deal the speed bumps in life. Depending on eachother, confiding in eachother and appreciating eachother is what is important. Having a plan is definitely a great idea. I think also knowing that the anger and harsh words come from a place of fear, uncertainty and frustration. Using words of concern instead of acting out always help. Stopping for a second and seeing where that anger comes from helps with communicating. Hang in there sweetie, come to us if you need to vent, cry or scream. I know it is really rough right now but you and your husband and your children are survivors and can conquer anything. We are beside you all the way.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  8:14:04 PM  Show Profile
Hey porchies! Thank you all for the prayers and sweet words. It is startin to work. My DH heard one of those church commercials on the radio today and it was about disagreements in a marriage. It said to be sure to tell the other person the things you like as you tell them the things you think they need to change or that you need to work on. He wanted to reword some of the things he had said. I then reworded some of the things I had said. We had solved a few of our issues in just a few sentences. We were both instantly becomin angry over the problem statements and not hearin any solutions or bein willin to try. When it was framed by positive statements, it wasn't so offensive and we both were able to come to quick and pleasin solutions.

Dana, I have a m/o who was a very late crawler and a late walker. I know how busy and frantic life can be when they are learnin. Don't worry though, it will get much more frantic when they master it! LOL! Then life gets full of laughin at their dancin and clappin for every hop they make!

Peggy, I have a small collection of heart shaped rocks that my girls have found for me. I even have a few that will stand up enough that you can see their shape really well and have them placed all over the house. I don't really collect hearts, just heart shaped rocks.

I am tryin to get the baby to sleep and get some rest myself. I guess I need to go try to get her to lay back down agian. See you all tomorrow!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  8:45:40 PM  Show Profile
Angela...my hearts are mostly heart shaped Rocks from Nature too. I love them! People ask me all the time
where I find them...I say, "Everywhere, God just seems to throw love at my feet!" :+) I have about 2
quart jars full of them. And every size from as small as the top of my little pinky...up to a huge
grapefruit size River Rock. I even find heart shaped leaves everywhere too. God is so cool! When He
says that the World Proclaims His love and glory...He isn't just a kidden!

Hugs and blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  10:29:12 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
My Sisters...What a busy porch...quiet weekend becomes alive again. Aren't we lucky to have each other? God threw us out here because he knew we needed each other for comfort, love, encouragement, laughter, tears, appreciation, advice, teachings and most of all prayers! Isn't God good? He chose us to share it all. Lucky us!

Angela...Whew! Deep Breath...Many deep breaths! Lol! Manipulators will always be manipulators so as long as you stay stong and don't let them guilt you into things you'll be fine. Remember God 1st, your family next and everything else after. BTW how is the little ones mouth?

Dana...How exciting to get things going on your proprty. Remember I said a big yes to the woodstove on that other post. Let us know how it goes. Keep us posted.

Tammy...Your swap items will go in the mail tomorrow. 2 separate packages. It keeps the postage down to do it that way.

Our BD girls this month are Luanne and Peggy. I will email you both their addresses. I will do it monthly so it won't be overwelming and we can concentrate on only on them. Email me your addresses if you haven't already and BDs too if you haven't.

Everything is crazy...Insurance company calls etc. I feel like running away! Thanks for all the prayers and concern. Life goes on!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  12:28:08 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Porchies,
I emailed our October BD girls addresses to those of you that responded with your wish to be included. If any one else would like to be included please email your BD and address.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  06:35:45 AM  Show Profile
Morning sisters!
Darlene - thanks again for leading the swap and sharing your wisdom here on the porch. I continue to pray for you and the aftereffects of the accident.
Angela - I'm saying prayers for you and your family, too. Marriage can be challenging even without all the others interfering...you are on the right track and God will honor that.
Peggy - I LOVE what you said about God throwing love at your feet - made me smile.
Pam - has this week been any better? I hope so. I took some "me" time the past 2 days and feel immensely refreshed and my work is "cake" compared to what you do.

I'm listening to Eden's Bridge, Celtic Praise CD right now - incredible, stirs my celtic blood. Think I'll make a pot of Irish breakfast tea. Join me!
I wish ALL of you a beautiful day.
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Sep 29 2010 06:36:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  06:47:37 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all!

Well, my computer at work crashed last night, and it has taken our IT Dept. all morning to get me up and running again. Thank goodness for those guys, though - I'd never know what to do when something goes wrong with the darned thing!

Darlene - sure hope you're feeling a lot better soon - ouch!

Angela - I'm so glad you are working things out with your hubby. I'll be prayin' for ya!

Staci - I never heard of Eden's Bridge, but I'm going to look for them on-line. Sounds like something I'd enjoy too. Only a little bit of me is Irish, but I love Irish anything - including the tea! I had a chance to see Celtic Woman last spring, and they were absolutely awesome.

Peggy - I am indeed a novice beekeeper with my boyfriend. He has 9 hives right now, and I'm learning to work the bees with him. I have a copy of the MJF magazine that I found on-line - thanks for reminding me about it though. I need to go back and take another look at it.

We're having a celebration bbq lunch here at work today - so won't be on the porch with you ladies until this evening, but have a wonderful day!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  07:58:59 AM  Show Profile
God laid a heavy duty one on me here at the office. I need prayer as to how he wishes me to proceed and for him to settle this matter ASAP. Please pray that his words will be all that is heard and his will brought forth. Have a great day all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  08:54:47 AM  Show Profile
I am a amazed at all you ladies do and go through. It is good to be here and know I'm not the only one with difficult things going on. It puts my life back in perspective for sure.
Angela, I am so glad you are working things out at home. You mentioned leaving with your kids.. If I knew then what I know now.. I would have waited much longer. Somethings can't be worked out. (my first husband is now living as a woman). But I'm so glad your hubby was willing to listen to his friend and communicate back to you. Our families are so important. It is also sad that extended family can destroy a family too. Good for both of you for getting them to back off.

Cherime, I'll say a prayer God gives you the guidance you need.

Today is a day off from the shop. My son is here to help get ready for the yard sales I have coming up. It should be about 95 today. Better then yesterday but still hot! I sent off emails last night to the two ladies interested in my inventory. Pray one of them decides to purchase it all. It would make things soooo much easier with this major life change.
Anyway, until tomorrow.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  09:02:31 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Cherime-prayers coming your way!

Luanne-one of my dreams is to be a beekeeper. I have mason bees but it's not the same. LOL!

I had a long talk with myself last night and just decided that I need to find something else. I'm giving myself 3 months to either find another job or go back to school and still work here part time. I've also decided to not stress so much about things and know remind myself that things will be okay. One thing that I am always proud of is that I am a survivor and can turn anything negative into a positive. So, that's what I'm doing. I'm going to nurture myself and my loved ones and with that-give back to the community that I want to work with. Life is way too short to be upset and depressed all the time. I just don't have the energy for it.

I'm still reading Life is a Verb. It is wonderful. The premise behind the book is what would you do if you had 37 days left to live. It was written because the author's step-father found out he had cancer and had 37 days to live. I'm also reading the book Peggy suggested. So, yeah...after all that rambling. I think I am back on track and ready to kick major booty.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  11:42:24 AM  Show Profile
Pam...you go Girl! If it is one thing I know about all of us Porchies...IS... WE ARE WARRIOR WOMEN! We do know how to survive and where to go to get our strength, encouragement, and power. For me personally it is staying plugged into the Holy spirit, Listening to God's voice, and following Jesus. Also, God who created me, knows and loves me best and he knows that I need my "girlfriends"! You are All Such A Source Of Encouragement and My Fellow Warrior Women!
Porchies...there is a book (small devotional) by Sheri Rose Shepherd called "His Princess Warrior...love letters for strength from your Lord" I highly highly Recommend it and her other two books "His Princess" and "His Princess Bride".
Luanne...glad you have that magazine. I loved it! And my only connection to Bee's is, I love Honey! LOL and I read the book "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd (good Novel by the way)
Cherime...Praying!! God is in Control! This whatever...whatever...has not taken Him by surprise! He is not shocked, stunned or overwhelmed by it. He has a plan...if you have the time to seek His purpose. And I know you are!
Dana...it is so good to have you back on the Porch girl! I have really missed you! How are those darling girls of yours?
Staci...you too girlfriend!! When people take little absences for awhile...you find out just how much you miss hearing their encouragements, stories and words of wisdom.
Darlene...thanks for organizing this whole Porchies Swap and BD Celebrations! It really means a lot! And you are such a sweetheart! And that video you sent out yesterday was AWESOME!
Bunny...glad your son is there to help you with the yard sales and that your shop sales went well! I finished the little something/ something I was making for you last night and so will mail your package tomorrow...I hope! I will pray that those Ladies will buy the remainder of you Store Products. What a blessing that would be. Even if they ONLY bought big chunks of it ...that would help.

Here is one quote from the Princess Warrior book that I will leave you all with for now:

"Victory is yours, My Beloved Warrior-all you have to do is walk in it!" Love, Your King who guards you

Blessed Just To Know and Love You All,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 29 2010 11:49:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  7:15:23 PM  Show Profile
HI Porchies,
I brought some rose tea and scones. It is a cool evening here but lovely. I am so enjoying the beautiful fall weather God has blessed us with. Farmers are busy in the fields.

Well ladies, we are down to one fish AGAIN!!!!! I mean seriously I don't know what else we could do to take better care of the fish. The vet even said we are doing everything right. So for now we have one fish. We are sure learning some lessons about animal life.

Peggy thanks for praying for me. NOt really better on the homefront with stepson...but I have given it to God and I feel at peace about that. I am sure the trial has long bumpy road but God will see us through it.

Darlene dear, I will be putting your package in the mail on Friday. OUr post office closes before 4 so I never can get there because I can't leave school until then. But Friday we have a workshop so get to stop there. Yeah!!!

Angela praying for your dear hubby and you.

Megan sorry your rugby lost. Hang in there.

Well ladies I am going to have my evening tea and finish up my bible lesson for bible study tomorrow night.

Pray you all have a wonderful evening.

hugs and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  9:28:42 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Tammy. It didn't count for our record, but it was still tough.
Cherime, my prayers are with you.
Darlene, thanks so much for facilitating the porch swaps and RAOK.
I'm so exicited for tomorrow! Tomorrow is my first ever Dash-a-Thon, which is a seven mile walk we do for our school. I'm dressing up super funny in school spirit stuff, and it's going to be a fun day. We all raised $105, and now the entire school gets a free movie day and a free day, which means we don't have to go to school the Monday after Thanksgiving, which means more time with my family in Michigan! Yay! Then afterwards, I'm going to visit my old grade school and say hi to all of my old teachers!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2010 :  10:04:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi All -

Hope those of you on the east coast are starting to dry out! We had over 8" of rain here in less than 24 hours. My sump pump hasn't stopped running!

I'm off on vacation for the next week with no access to the computer, so hope everyone has a great week. I'll be in Vermont and then Maine with my Mom. I haven't seen her since early June, so am really looking forward to it.

Take care,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2010 :  10:23:54 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies! I have been a busy girl this mornin. I was given a gift today. A wonderful and amazing gift. I was give $400 on a card to buy food with. I could have used the cash a little more for bills, but with DH still out of work, beggers can't be choosers. I did a complete supplies needed list for our house and was able to get enough that we'd be ok for a month or better. I was then able to get enough to stock my grandparents up for a month or better. I still had just enough left to get some things for special thanksgiving requests from some family members. I was amazed at how far you can stretch a dollar when you can make so much from scratch.

I have learned how to make bread and sweets from scratch thanks to all the kind and wise advice from the ladies here on MJF. I also have built up an arsonal of low cost, great tastin recipes to use for times like this from my friends on here. I even had a great, simple crust recipe sent to me from one of the sisters that my DH loves. So all the extra fruit we've been gettin from friends have made a wonderful supply of pies that we have enjoyed and stockpiled for later.

My family is so blessed and so much of those blessings are from this site! I would love to tell all you ladies thank you!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2010 :  10:30:30 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
That is so wonderful Angela!

I hate to clutter up such wonderfulness with sadness but for the last week I have had anxiety/panic attacks and have been completely stressed about my job. It has made me sick. I am finding out all sorts of things about the man I work for. He is under investigation right now and might lose his license because of ethic violations. He is also making reports in favor of defense attorneys. He is lying about hard core criminals! We got into an argument on Tuesday and now he has been harassing me since then. I have started looking for another job and I'm looking for a part time job now for the holiday season so I can pay my bills, prepare for winter and have a Christmas. I really need some prayers right now and a hug.

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2010 :  10:32:43 AM  Show Profile
Angela, I'm so darned proud of you! I'm getting to be an emotional old biddy...I'm tearing up with just how canny and brave you are and so good to help your Grands too!
If I can help you out at all give me a holler! I'll send pumpkin for pies or something =) You are so blessed!...that was a marvellous gift!

I need to sit on the porch a bit and just relax. I've been running around like crazy all morning and a cuppa tea would be just the thing! Getting my super-dooper cluttered house de-cluttered is not for the faint of heart!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2010 :  10:33:05 AM  Show Profile
Oh Pam - here's a great big farm girl hug for you:

HUG!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page