Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  9:07:20 PM  Show Profile
Welcome najia! Its always fun to have another rocker on the porch. Kick your feet up and join on in

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Oct 25 2010 9:08:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  9:13:31 PM  Show Profile
Najia...WELCOME TO THE PORCH! We are so happy that you found us!
We love doing just what you described...sitting on our Big Virtual Porch Together and sharing life. I love rocking on the Porch or sitting on the Porch Swing. It is so relaxing and so much fun to visit with all the other Porch Sisters. This is the place to come if you want to laugh, cut-up, relax, unwind, cry sometimes and vent sometimes. And most of all "Encourage" one another! The more you come the more you will get to know the regulars and those who just drop by occassionally. We always have room for a new MJF Sister and we love to share recipes, some love to share virtual food and drink (like your lemonade) thank You very much! Today being my b-day...I brought B-day Cake to the porch tonight (of coarse it is Chocolate-7 Layer Godiva Choc.) and you all need to help me eat it up or I will be as wide as I am tall (which is short!) LOL

I am off to check my other forums. Thanks Girls for helping me Celebrate getting OLD!

Hugs and Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#
"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

countrified_city_gurl
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

najia
heidelberg
Germany
27 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  1:54:33 PM  Show Profile
AWW! Thanks for the welcome everyone. Y Megan? Comprendo español. Viví en México. De donde eres?

Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple, and the simple thing is the right thing. ~ Oscar Wilde

Maybe a person's time would be as well spent raising food as raising money to buy food. ~Frank A. Clark

Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  1:57:49 PM  Show Profile
Vodka? I on the porch!

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com

~Trust in the Lord...but row away from the rocks~
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  3:10:00 PM  Show Profile
Hello all porchies......was thinking about all of you when I was sitting in my office at work today.....wishing I was on the porch, but thankful for the job...I'm dressing up as a porchie for our work Halloween party! shouldn't be too hard, right? Miss all of you!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  3:41:36 PM  Show Profile
Next building season I intend to expand my itty bitty little porch at the homestead. Right now I couldn't get a rocker on it but next year maybe 6ft by 12ft and if I really moving I might be able to cover it.
A rocker on the porch, nice spot of tea and a couple of macaroons and watch the world go by on Knik Goose Bay Road. Sounds yummy to me.
Monica a porchie costume should be about as easy as the gypsy my Mom always made me into. :)

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  6:48:18 PM  Show Profile
Hello porchies,
how are all of you? I have missed you!!!! I have been gone to teacher convention and then to Women of Faith. That was a roadtrip I loved. Oh my goodness did God and I have some time together. Then back to school and bible study yesterday. My little butterflies are doing well. They are really into reading now and words. Just love seeing their little eyes light up when they get it.

Happy birthday Peggy. Sorry I missed it. I feel bad about that.

Welcome Naja so glad to have you on the porch.

Angela praying for you my sweet one.

Megan when is surgery planned?

Well ladies I just wanted to let yall know where I have been. Didn"t want you to worry about me and send a search party...hehehehe LEft you some chocolate chip muffins and some rose tea.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  8:00:00 PM  Show Profile
Hello all! Man, I just want my surgery to be planned so I can begin to prepare myself! My Mom has to call my surgeon's scheduling people and get it sorted out. I was having an okay appointment when he said I'll probably have to miss about a week's worth of school at the MINIMUM! I wanted to cry, but I was strong! Lol, a teenager sad about getting to miss school. I love school too much! But otherwise a good day.
Najia, I'm only in Spanish 1, but yo comprendo some espanol! I'm using the porch as practice! Hoy hago mucha tarea para mi clase de espanol! We're learning forms of ser! But to answer your question, soy de southeast Wisconsin!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  07:56:14 AM  Show Profile
Tracy-lol! one of those days you're needin' something stronger than tea?

Tammy-good to hear from you...sounds like you've been a busy girl!

Monica-glad the job is keeping you busy, even if it means less time with us

Cherime-real porch sitting sounds good to me too

Megan- so, how's the new do?

Hoping hubby gets off work early today so we can build the table for my grain grinder; we'll see!

farmgirl #1432

Edited by - Rxgirl on Oct 27 2010 07:56:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  10:28:10 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon Ladies! Wow, I've been out of touch for 6 days and have a lot of catching up to do. I'm still reading.... Just wanted you all to know, I missed you.
I lost complete track of time and have computer issues at home and at work. I looked at the calendar yesterday and let out a little yelp - the 26th???.... Oh, no. I missed Peggy's birthday. I hope it was good and you'll be seeing a little belated birthday mail from PA in the next few days.
Well, back to page 191 to see what I've been missing.....

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  12:54:48 PM  Show Profile
hello everyone.. finally a day off. Tomorrow is my last day open as a business owner. Friday to Sunday is packing time. I listed my house today with another realtor that actually wanted the listing. Then a man I knew from town came in and said he might be interested in purchasing the house... of course if it is cheap enough. I can see the vultures circling. He made a very strange remark... he said a mutual friend said he should come quick and marry me so I don't lose my house. I have to say I was unable to comment. I think he though he was being funny...I wish people would think about what they are going to say before opening their mouths... it was a strange day.
My border is moving out... yea!!! I can't wait. He keeps asking me if I will miss him and wasn't he a good renter? I just kind of mumble under my breath. But he keeps asking every day..so I just finally said yes.. I'll miss you.. yes, you were a good renter... I can't wait for him to be gone. He was a scary person to live with.. he smelled really bad, smoked constently.. not in the house thankfully. But I would hear him get up at 3am to smoke outside. He was a pig and if you said anything he didn't agree with he would get very angry. I was afraid of him and am so glad he is moving out.
I will at least enjoy the last month in my house.

Welcome Najia, glad to have you on the porch. My only wish is the virtual food was real!! I could use some chocolate!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  1:28:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies! I'm spending a lot more time with my husband and girls. I haven't even been checkin my email much. I am still recoopin and restin. I am tryin so hard not to worry much about anything and my DH is spendin all his free time with me. He even set on the couch with my legs across his lap and rubbed my feet 2 nights ago. He is still doin the scrap metal and yard/garage/barn clean-up, and he's still insistin I go with him. I spend most of the time sittin in a lawn chair readin or writin in my prayer journal, but he likes to be able to check on me and keep me close. I enjoy all the babyin and pamperin I'm gettin. I'm gonna head to the kitchen and see what my DH is makin for me tonight. He's been havin a ball learnin to make his own bicuits and brownies from scratch. He found a recipe for a chocolate cake that uses pudding for icing and fruit diced up on top. He was searchin the cabinets over when I headed for the computer. I'm hopin the good smells that keep distractin me are his latest recipe find! I'll sneak some out to the porch later. He's one heck of a cook and one heck of a hubby!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  1:34:55 PM  Show Profile
Angela, he sounds like a keeper to me Glad to hear from you. enjoy your pamperin'!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

countrified_city_gurl
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

najia
heidelberg
Germany
27 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  3:18:36 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies, it is 12:21 in the morning and I am awake and hungry. lol I wish I had a glass of red wine, that would send my butt back to bed. Instead I think I am going to settle for frozen lasagna.

Bunny, I am glad your creepy border is moving. I am big on listening to that inner voice...as far as I am concerned, if he doesn't feel safe, he isn't safe. Period.

Angela, chocolate and a good husband? Life really can be sweet, huh? :)

Najia, the countrified city girl! #2221

Maybe a person's time would be as well spent raising food as raising money to buy food. ~Frank A. Clark

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  7:27:29 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies! Just coming for a quick visit! Lots of school stuff to do!
Angela, glad that you're feeling better!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  7:55:25 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies, in stuck at a law class for my pharmacy license (translation: OMG I AM BORED!!!!!)
Bunny- so glad you got the house to yourself for a bit and I agree with Najia,trust your instincts

Angela- it's always good to hear from you and I'm so happy you're being pampered a bit

Guess i'll go back to feigning interest...glad I got a drink before this started

farmgirl #1432

Edited by - Rxgirl on Oct 27 2010 7:56:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  8:39:46 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
My whle post just disappeared and I wrote a book. Can't redo it so Hello everyone and welcome Najia.

Recipes for this week are BREADS

Easy Banana Bread

2 1/3 c bisquick
1 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
3 lg mashed ripe bananas
3 eggs
1/3 c oil
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients together and pour into lg greased
bread pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done.
Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Edited by - HealingTouch on Oct 27 2010 9:18:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  8:56:51 PM  Show Profile
I used fresh raspberries for this but it could be done with frozen.

Raspberry Bread
Grease 8x4x2 pan and line with waxed paper. Grease the paper.

Stir together the following;
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Set aside

Cream the following;
1/2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract

Add 2 eggs one at a time.

Combine flour, 1 cup raspberries and creamed mixture.
Mix only till blended.
Put in pan and smooth.
Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
Cool in pan 10 minutes. Take out.
Let stand for 1 day before cutting.

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  9:04:55 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Susan...sounds delicious and I will be trying it!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  12:24:10 AM  Show Profile
Susan and Darlene...OK, I am salivating all over the keyboard! Both Recipes sound great! Darlen Darlene I bet
you can't guess what my Bread Recipe is going to be???? Pumpkin Choc. Chip Bread (tomorrow)

Dana...Thank you for the adorable Birthday Card! So sweet! Try to stay awake during your Pharmacuetical
class! Isn't it awful how some topics can bore you beyond tears?

Bunny...I didn't realize that you thought your Renter was so creepy. He sounds creepy. How could you sleep
soundly at night? I am glad that you will have that last month by yourself. Do yourself a favor and
change your locks for heaven's sake. If anyone calls for a reference for him...give him a good one any
way just so you don't have to worry about him coming back for revenge or something!

Angela...glad to hear that you are resting and hubby is pampering! That is how it should be! Right On!

Megan...the surgery will happen before you know it and you will be on the mend and back to school before
you can say "The Perfect Bra is a Sweatshirt" in Spanish! LOL

Darlene...how are you feeling today? Sorry you lost your entire message to us Porchies...isn't that
so frustrating? I have had that happen and I feel just like you did...man, I can not go there
again and retype all of that...forget it!

Pam...how is the job hunting going honey? I am still praying for you!

Najia...the midnight munchies are the worst! Sugar...will usually put you right to sleep but wine works
too. Me...I prefer Chocolate every time! I'm the Queen of Chocolate! That is why I love living
on Earth...we are the only Planet that has chocolate! :+)

Good Night and Sweet Dreams My Porchies,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#
"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  09:09:42 AM  Show Profile
Dana - I received your birthday card today - thank you so much for thinking of me! I love spending time with all my "porchie" friends!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  09:17:47 AM  Show Profile
Morning all. I want to wish all a great and marvelous day and may all be blessed mightily.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  6:05:29 PM  Show Profile
Lol, thanks Peggy! I feel support from everyone, and I'll need it, and I thank you all for all the kind words.
So, first up, Pam, your package went out yesterday. Then, on the farmgirl swap forum, I started a country music cd swap. Please come sign up if you like country music!
Okay, so about my day! I had a pretty good day. Tomorrow is our school's Halloween dance, and I'm super excited! My friends are super into Halloween too, so it should be a fun night! Then this weekend I'm sleeping over at my best friend's house and we're going to set up for her Halloween party, which will be fun also! Can't wait for Halloween!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  6:17:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi porchies,
I think I will just come and sit with my tea this evening and cuddle up with a quilt. It has been a day...ok a week...so I came here to just be still. Hope yall had a great day.

love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  6:25:01 PM  Show Profile
Good evening my dear porchies! I, too, have had a trying week and have come here to cuddle in a quilt and sip tea. My goodness, can you believe how fast Christmas is coming up? I swear time really is flying!!!!

Megan, have a wonderful day tomorrow! You deserve it kiddo!
To all other dear ladies, I hope that you are having a good evening.

Hugs!!!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page