Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  6:52:25 PM  Show Profile
Awww, thanks Annika!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  06:53:21 AM  Show Profile
First snow of the season. Quite a bit of ice in it. I am off this am to get in line at the tire guy. Had to wait to get new all season radials. Lots of other people use studs but that is so expensive. I just have to keep my pickup, Miss Piggy, down to a reasonable speed with lots distance between me and them.
Annika and Tammy it was a week wasn't it? Cuddling with a cuppa sounds like heaven, I might do a bit more on my latest punch needle project as well.
Megan, you are a blessing.
Have a lovely day all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  08:08:08 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hi all! Sorry I've been MIA. I've been busy at home stitching up stuff for Christmas. We have everything decorated and ready for Halloween. What is everyone up to this weekend? We have a party Saturday and Sunday. We are going to an antique show on Sunday. Monday we celebrate loved ones that have passed away and then Thursday is my anniversary. Whew! I've been thinking of everyone and know that even though I haven't been around this week, all of you are in my thoughts.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  6:03:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi There Porchies, Well I had about 30 tirck-or-treaters today,3-5pm. Man that breeze was cold. When that sun went behind a cloud, I shivered.I think it was 50 degrees...maybe.I sat on the west side porch in the sun, bundled up,instead of the front porch in the shade. I had my neighbor tell the folk that I was over there, plus I taped a note to the front porch pointing the way. lol Such cute kids and a wide variety of costumes. The little cowgirl and Strawberry Shortcake were my favs. There was one little 4 yr old girl with long blonde hair, dressed in a "Jeannie" costume and no coat, who's hands were like ice. Poor lil' thing. Her mom was carrying her coat and said, Ya, we're headed to the van now. That lil' girl may just be sick tomorrow. It was cold!! I came in and drank hot tea all evening after that! :) How about you...any goblins in yer neck of the woods?

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  6:11:30 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! Happy Halloween everyone! I had a very relaxing weekend. Last night I slept over at my very best friend's house and we watched scary movies. We watched A Nightmare on Elm Street and I Know What You Did Last Summer. We were freaked out, but we calmed down to go to sleep! Then today her family had their annual Halloween party, and we hung out, ate delicious food, and had good times. And that's what holidays are all about! On Friday night I had my school Halloween dance, and that was great fun, too! I dressed up as a Twister game board, and I was one of the two best costumes at the dance. I had a good time this weekend. But alas, tomorrow is Monday and I must get a leg up on making my Christmas gifts!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2010 :  12:23:30 AM  Show Profile
Wow...our weekend was a very quiet one! In the Sr. Estates where we live (which I lovingly refer to as the OLD FOLKS HOME; 55 yrs +) we get no little Trick or Treaters. I always fix an entire bucket for the one little grandson that lives locally...but I had mommy bring him by earlier in the week...so that on Halloween he can go around to their neighborhoods in town. I do miss the little ones coming to the door every year though...they are always so cute! My kids from Seattle sent pictures via the cell-phones of my 2 yr old Grand-daughter dressed as a Bumble Bee. She would say Happy Ween Ween! For Happy Halloween. And then one of our Grand-daughters from Spokane was dressed in a 1950's Blue Poodle Skirt. She is 10 and looked adorable. So, thank Heavens for technology that lets Grandpa & Grandma have a little share in the FUN! :+)

Hey Staci...I got a wonderful birthday gift in the mail yesterday! Thanks Sweet Friend! It wasn't belated because I am still celebrating!!! LOL I enjoyed the Chocolates!! Thanks for the sugar-free consideration...I love to indulge with-out guilt! And I was nice and shared some with my hubby! The bag was adorable and your card, note and The Porch Picture was delightful!!! I just keep getting spoiled by all My Lovely Porchies! Thanks!

Hi Judy...Welcome to the Porch tonight! Sounds really cold where you're at!!

I spent most of Thurs-Sat laying in bed working on Christmas Gifts. That, reading and resting is how I deal
with my Fibro Flares. So, I am never bored. Tomorrow is suppose to be another rainy day...but then it looks like three nice days in a row. Thank You Lord!!! Hopefully I will be able to get out and talk a few walks and get some fresh air. I miss walking in the bad weather.

Megan...sounds like you had another fun weekend! Thanks for always sharing your good times with us!

Well, I need to post some swap partners on this forum and then the Swap Forum...then off to read for a little while. So, these are all of you that signed up to do the HOLIDAY PIN SWAP. You have until Nov. 15th to get your pretty sweater or jacket pins in the mail to your partner. Please contact them right away so they know you got the message!

HOLIDAY PIN SWAP PARTNERS ARE:

Dana/RXgirl and Theresa/Atkinst2
Pam/Kittykill and Luanne/Beekeepersgirl
Darlene/Healing Touch and Peggy/Pegsmiles
Christine/Baby Nurse and Staci/Staci860/PA

Blessings and Love,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#
"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 01 2010 12:48:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2010 :  05:58:38 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi Sisters...
TAMMY is our BD girl for Nov. 11/25. I will email you all her address. If you do not receive it let me know. Later in the week I will email all the addresses I have so far. Was waiting for a few more but they haven't responded. Any new porchies that would like to be on our BD list please email me your BD, full name and address.

Will be back later.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2010 :  07:08:18 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween weekend. We didn't get any trick or treaters either but we live on a fairly busy street. I will bag some of the candy up and take it to my friend at work for her daughter. My brain is now moving into Thanksgiving and Christmas mode. I'll put all the decorations away today but we always have a celebration for our loved ones that have passed away today then Thursday is our 4th wedding anniversary. I don't have any major plans this year. It will be pretty low key.

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2010 :  09:16:39 AM  Show Profile
Hey, my DH BD is 11/25 too. He's a BIG turkey this year. LOL
Thanks for the warm welcome, Peggy!
Megan, sounds like you had a fun w/e with your friend. I'm 55 and I still can't watch scary movies.lol
Pam, I love that you have a day set aside for loved ones who have passed-on! That is wonderful!
It's sunny/blue sky&white puffy's/45 today in NE Oh.brrrrr...*getting a cuppa tea,want one?* Need lottsa layers today!! ;)

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2010 :  11:30:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Wow, have I missed you all. The past two weeks have been crazy hectic. But the porch looks like it's been fairly quiet. I guess everyone has been busy.

Bunny, I also didn't realize that your boarder was a creep. Yuck - I'm so glad he's gone and I hope you really are able to enjoy the last month on your own.
Angela, I was so sorry to read of your recent trials and glad that you have such a great DH. Make sure to soak up as much R&R as you need.
Najia, Hello to you in Germany!
Megan, I'm not sure - I might have missed it - do you have a date for your surgery yet? And your weekend sounds like it was a blast - some of my best memories are from HS and hanging out with my friends.
Dana - how did you do in your class? were you able to stifle your yawns for the whole thing?
Cherime - I love your little posts of blessings. Thanks. I appreciate them.
Hello and Welcome - Judy.
Peggy - I'm glad it arrived and that I got to help extend your birthday celebrations.
Darlene - thanks again for organizing the swaps and BDs. You're a blessing.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Nov 01 2010 11:33:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2010 :  3:58:39 PM  Show Profile
Staci, no date yet, but in the next few days!
Peggy, sending healing vibes and prayers your way!
Judy, I get so freaked out about watching them, but then I definitely chill out more when watching them!
Today was good. Our cultures teacher was so nice and moved our test to tomorrow so we could play review Jeaparody! We were so happy that we had an extra day to study! It's so freaky already but my math teacher is talking about semester exams. But she is right that with all of the breaks we have, there is not a lot of time before we must start preparing. Ahh, school. Well, off to do homework! Maybe I'll stop by later!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  07:41:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi, how is everybody today? Just stepped out on the porch with my cuppa, breathing in the COLD(upper 20's this morn)crisp, sunny day. Gorgeous sky again. There's more coffee inside if ya want some.Nice strong, but smooth Gevalia. I get it bi-monthly. I went to Lehman's Hardware in Amish country yesterday and picked up some huge, soft cut-outs and sour-cream cookies. Help yourself. Well, gotta go vote. Catch up later!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Nov 02 2010 12:37:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  08:52:37 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all. It is here in South Central Alaska. The white stuff is laying it down. We had a meeting for the Thanksgiving food give away yesterday. Many of the churches in the valley are partnering for the first time in an area wide distribution of Thanksgiving meals. Our little non-profit, Blood N Fire, (we are not a cult in fact Blood And Fire was the Salvation Army's first name) did the major distribution last year and it is nice to have someone else take over from just the three of us. That was a chaotic nightmare and the most fun I have had in a long time. We had many volunteers just materialize out of the woodwork on the day of the distribution when we were not sure we would have anyone but ourselves. Now the local Lutheran church stepped up. We have a Presbyterian church, Church of the Nazarene, a couple of non-denominational ones, a Methodist church, a Baptist church, the Russian Pentecostal church and LDS all getting together to pull this off. This kind of unity in our valley to help those in need just swells my heart like nothing else I can think of. So I am setting here on the porch in awe of God's amazing power to unite us all under his banner of love.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  09:04:44 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
It's so wonderful to see so many people of different faiths come together. How wonderful!

I'm sorry I've been MIA lately ladies. I've been kind of down in the dumps and then just busy with life. I need my friends right now more than ever!

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  12:48:01 PM  Show Profile
WOW! THAT is exciting Cherime. I'm busting-out just reading it! God is good! What's your temps like this time of year?
Awwww...BIG hugs Pam!We're here for ya!
Oh...and...thanks for the Welcome Staci!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  2:27:16 PM  Show Profile
30's during the day 20 or so at night right now. The sun is out and the snow is now melting. Blessings on us every one.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  4:02:18 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Cherime, that is so exciting! Sorry about the snow! It's starting to frost here, so any day now...
Pam, I'm sorry you're down in the dumps:( Did you get my package yet? I hope it cheers you up!
Judy, it's gettin chilly here too!
Well, like I said, it's starting to get cold here! Good day today as far as school goes. Should be getting first quarter report cards any day now! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. Well, I'll see you ladies later!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  4:50:10 PM  Show Profile
Been a while since I've been able to get on. My new job is going very well. Still trying to sort things out!!!

Prayers to all here that are in need.

Not staying long, going to sip some tea and hit the sack. Just know that not one day goes by that everyone here is on my mind, in my heart and prayers.

Good night and hopefully I'll be able to catch up with everyone soon!

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  5:25:58 PM  Show Profile
I'm just droppin in to say hey. Life seems to still be spinnin on me. My anniversary is on halloween. We were supposed to go out the night before but DH forgot the gift certificate at home, so that didn't happen. Then on halloween I had to go to a showing for a very dear friend. He was the husband of my moms high school best freind. They were like my 'other parents'. Then on the way to the funeral our van broke down and I missed it. I am just not catchin a break right now. I'm gonna go eat some of the girls halloween candy and rest a bit before bed.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  6:15:09 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies...my home computer is down right now and I am on my laptop at Barnes and Noble. Something is messed up with my wireless connection at home and it is just driving me bonkers (which doesn't take much these days) lol. My son promised to come fix it sometime this week...but he is always crazy busy...so, I may not be on as much for a little while...which bums me out. But I will bring my computer to the bookstore every chance I get. This is crazy with all the swaps going on right now and stuff...but I will manage somehow.

Pam...your friends are here for you sweetie!!! Hugs, Loves and more hugs! I just thought you were busy with Holiday Hand work so excuse me for not checking on you. Any movement in the Job Search? HAPPY ANNIVERSARY on Thursday. Was going to get a card and send to you but have been in bed until today. So...just know you and Mark have my warmest wishes for many more years together! I would like to tell you that life will smooth out and be a bed of roses...but that would not be reality. God assured us that Life would be Tough but that He would be Faithful and walk us through it. And He keeps his promises. I love you and am praying for you continually.

Staci...hello my friend. Good to see you and Theresa on the Porch. We miss everyone when they are gone for a few weeks at a time. But you are loved and thought of just as much!

Cherime...thanks so much for sharing about the many Churches jumping in to help with food distribution this year. That is awesome! Everyone needs the help with our economy the way it is the last couple of years. And it is good to know that the Churches are reaching out to the Communities like they should be. The Lord would want us to help in anyway we can!

Has anyone heard from Lydia lately? Is she still on Vacation?

Angela...just keep resting In The Lord and breathe easy honey. Life Happens and it isn't always fun! But the hills and valleys are in every landscape and family and friends will get you through as well as The Lord.

Megan...I bet you are a Straight A Student! You love school so much! I bet you don't have to sweat it at all! Do you have a surgery date yet?

Darlene... are you through cleaning the entire house yet? I wish I had your energy. I do as I can when I can...and the rest of the time I say...hey, it will wait for me tomorrow because nobody else is going to do it for me.

You girls have all been talking about your cold weather and snow...well, I hate to tell you but it was 70 degrees and warm here today. And should be the same for the next two days and then back to the rain. But I am enjoying it while we have it. I was out in a t-shirt, jeans and sandals. Can't believe it is November already and still feels like late summer.

OK My Porchies...I am leaving you some Mint Chocolate Parfays on The Porch tonight and a Pot of Tea and a Pot of Autumn Harvest Coffee. ENJOY! I am going to go home and watch the Election Returns.

Blessings and Joy,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#
"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 02 2010 10:58:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  7:11:29 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Peggy! It's impossible to get an A in our English department though because you don't really get that many A's on papers! But otherwise I'm doing pretty well!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  7:22:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi porchies,
how are you? Good I hope. It has been a busy few days for me. But you are always in my thoughts. We are definitely in cooler weather. No snow yet. A blessing after last winter being so bad. The farmers are happy cause the crops are almost in. My little butterflies are doing well. We are having Grandparent's Day on Friday. so they are busy writing stories for them. They are very excited. WE go to chapel together, visit the classrooms and then we have a big turkey and dressing dinner together. It is just awesome.

I left you some pumpkin bread and pumpkin spice tea. It is time for Madame Butterfly to go to bed. Love to you as always.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  9:28:50 PM  Show Profile
Arghhhh! Just typed a novel then erased it on accident
Will redo tomorrow but im thinking of you all and sending nothing but the happiest thoughts to all of you!

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  04:17:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everybody!

I don't get a chance to write too often, but I try to keep up with at least reading all your news! Peggy - that Mint Parfait sounds delicious!!! I love anything with mint!

We bought an antique John Deere reaper/binder last weekend, so have been working on that a little bit. Work has been really busy because one of the girls is on vacation, so I'm doing her job as well as my own.

I'm so glad that the elections are over - I don't think I could stand one more day of my phone ringing off the hook and all the nasty ads on TV and in the newspaper. Did anybody else get bombarded with phone calls this year! It got so bad I stopped answering my phone. Just let the answering machine pick up until I found out who it was!

Anyway - hope everyone has a wonderful day. I made some Indian pudding and left it on the porch with some vanilla ice cream to on top, and of course some hot cider to go with it!

Happy Fall!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  06:12:46 AM  Show Profile
Luanne, we don't have a landline at our house, so we don't get the calls, but the constant commercials on every single channel! Glad it's over though!
Tammy, I remember having Grandparent's Day Liturgy at my grade school. Luckily for me we still have it at my high school!
Today is a Red Day, which means no school until 9:50! Yay! But my friend who's taking me has to go in early, but I did still sleep in today! In the spirit of your butterfly analogy Tammy, I'm off to spread my wings!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page