Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

blackantsnpeonys
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Denise
Hinckley Illinois
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  7:11:28 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Beverly,
I am new here as of yesterday. I love to sit on my porch, but it gets lonely. Looks like I will be sitting here since I have no neighbors at home. Welcome!
Peggy, thank you for opening my life up to this wonderful porch.

Appreciate the little things, for they are not really that little.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  7:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi Porchies
I know I was MIA...Had 2 MRIs and 1 more to go. Neurologist appointment also. Rather not have any of it.
Hubby had a melt down yesturday and was very verbally abusive. I never know when it will happen but it always does. Makes me so exhausted.

PE...yes showers were required. I don't think they even have PE the way we did. Therefore they don't break a sweat! I really liked PE and was very athletic.

Peggy...The Gift is one of my favorite albums also. I also have a mix, country, gospel etc. Just love Christmas! Your pin is also an ornament. My pin is on my Denim jacket that I wear all the time. It's on there with my pins that I put all my charms on from my HS charm bracelet. Everyone comments on them.

Tammy your welcome. Wanted to get your BD gift out early so you can use them.

Bunny...My heart goes out to you. I wish you didn't have to go through all his but something good is going to prevale.

Welcome new porchies. Beverly we are swap partners on another site.

Anyone who wants to be included in our BD blessings, email me your BD and address.

Meghan...is that your Italian side you're going to visit?

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  12:29:05 AM  Show Profile
Darlene...when my pin isn't on my coat it will go back on the ribbon and hang in my bedroom with other hanging angels that I have. Also, forgot to tell you that I love the Napkin Ring and will be making some of those for future Craft Sales and Gifts! Thanks!
Pam...I too love Bing and White Christmas, also love All Andy Williams Christmas Music. If you girls could see how much Christmas Music I own you would think I listened to it 365 days a year. LOL I also love Elvis Christmas Music...I just love it all!!!! And all the Old Classic Movies too!!! I am just sappy about them! Miracle on 34th Street and It's a Wonderful Life are an absolute must watch! Plus I like any of the newer ones too! I LOVE CHRISTMAS PLAIN & SIMPLE!
Teacher Tammy...I just realized tonight that next week is Thanksgiving! Oh man, I was thinking I still had two weeks! I have really been in bed way too much...I lost a week somewhere! I will get your gift wrapped and sent out ASAP. Good Grief! The Holidays are going to fly by and leave me in a snow drift somewhere. Ha Ha!
Megan...I liked your Christmas pick. I haven't heard it but I do love the singing on Glee so, I bet I would like it. Have fun with those Italian Family Members. Do they make anything unusual for Thanksgiving Dinner that you are really fond of?
Bunny...didn't realize that you were moving the day after Thanksgiving. Well, travel safely girl! They are predicting snow next week even at the lower levels...though not sticking below 1,000 ft. elevation. Enjoy Thanksgiving with your boys and just love on each other!
Denise...glad you are here now and are enjoying it! Have you started baking yet? Am I smelling yummy stuff all the way to WA State from your Kitchen? For those of you that don't know yet...Denise is a Real Honest to Goodness Chef! I have the cutest picture of her in her Chef outfit! But Denise...let me tell you, we have some wonderful cooks on The Porch too. So, you have come to the right place. We expect lots of Recipes and for you to bring lots of your favorite food virtually...so we can all drool! Darlene is going to be your biggest competition. She has outstanding Recipes! You two will make us all FAT! No...here come the pounds again! LOL
Julie...what is your favorite hobby? You, Denise and Beverly all need to tell us a little something about yourselves...so, everyone gets a chance to know you a little better.
Well Porchies...I just bought a new book on my Kindle tonight it is a Pink Carnation Christmas Mystery...so, I am going to say Sweet Dreams and go sit on the Porch Swing and read for awhile. You do realize that THIS PORCH is always the perfect temperature year round right? I have a pot of Peach Tea and a Pot of Autumn Roast Coffee and some sliced Pumpkin Bread with me...for anyone else who would like to indulge in a Bed-time Snack. Just keep the chatting down because I'm reading! Shhhh! Thanks!

May All Your Dreams be Fanciful (no nightmares allowed!)
Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 17 2010 12:31:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  08:36:53 AM  Show Profile
today out to find 660 boxes of stove top stuffing while trying to keep the office up to speed. I will not be cooking on Thanksgiving, going to a relatives both Thursday and Friday. Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  5:53:59 PM  Show Profile
It's actually not my Italian I'm going to visit, but both sides of my family are loud and we both eat a lot! This is my Mom's side who is Polish and my grandma is just American. She actually grew up on a farm! Only 5 days! But until then, I'm still busy essay writing! May everyone's tomorrow be filled with blessings and love!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  6:21:40 PM  Show Profile
Peggy,
Please let me know how you like the Pink Carnation book..there is a whole series of them. I have a few on my ewish list on my nook. I had to giggle with you in snow drift...I think I will make sure and bring the sled...grab ya and then back to the porch for tea and brownies. We wouldn't want to lose any porchies.

love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

blackantsnpeonys
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Denise
Hinckley Illinois
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  7:41:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy and all porchies,
I love to cook and bake, went to culinary school and just love having my table loaded with family, friends and even strangers. I feed everyone. Cooking and baking are one of my love languages.
I did bake lemon bars the other day Peggy, that must have been what you were smelling. They didn't last long. We had risoto last night which had the house smelling sooo good. The other night we had a good old fashioned pot roast with potatos and carrots. And rolls to die for. (rhodes frozen dough)
I love to share recipes and helpful hints. I am no proffesonal, but I consider myself a knowledgable cook/baker.
Do you girls do a virtual or real cookie exchange for christmas?
To tell you a little about me...I love nature, my wire fox terrier, life, my children and granddaughter, husband.
I am very creative. I make garden art from old dishes and things I give anotehr purpose to. I enjoy resale stores,garage/estate sales and thrift stores. I love the smell of lilly of the valley perfume, i love nice things. Reading, gardening, making glass slide charms.I enjoy sharing gods goodness with those who feel unloved. Been down a rough road a time or two. Very compassionate to all walks of life.
I do not have a favorite anything. There are way too many wonderful things in this world and life to like and love.
I also have a house full of old furniture. I do not like anything new. I like the good old stuff that last forever.
My kitchen is filled with Franciscan Dessert Rose dishes and serving pieces. Will tell you about how I came to love them one day. I LOVE pink!!!
Well, enough about me. I am really just a loving mom,daughter,wife,sister and friend.
So happy to be here. Sending you a hug my dear friend Peggy.

Appreciate the little things, for they are not really that little.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  9:18:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Teacher Tammy...thanks for being willing to rescue me from the Snowdrifts of life! I mailed out your little Birthday Pkg today. Hope you get it before your birthday!
Denise...Thanks for sharing with everyone a little bit about yourself! I even learned a couple of new things. So, thanks! Now each day as you just normally share...everyone will get to know you even better and visa versa!
Well Porchies...I have just had a situation come up at our Senior Estates that I just can't live with. They are building a Smoker's Shack right outside my bedroom window for the Sr. Smokers...but with my Fibro and Chronic Fatigue Issues...I need a quiet haven for resting. At best this Apartment has never been that because the Gardens are also right out from my Bedroom Window...so during Spring, Summer and Early Fall...it has always been noisy. So, I talked to the Manager today and we may move into one of the Apartments across the Parking Lot. It is also a two bedroom but it is a bigger apartment, with a washer and dryer in the unit and storage off the Porch. This would be a horrible time to have to move with the Holidays...and if we get this place we would be moving in the middle of December. So, I would put up no Holiday Decorations...but just moving across the Street would be easier because I could carry a lot
by hand. And take about two weeks to do the moving. Then I could have my sons come and help move the Furniture. This could be a blessing in disguise because I really want a place with a Washer and Dryer and more storage. And we would be getting an additional 250 square feet which doesn't sound like a lot...but it is when you live in an Apartment. Plus...I will down size once again. I talk to the Manager again tomorrow so please pray for me. I know with my health this will be hard because most of the moving and packing will once again be up to me...but I know God will get me through it. The cost is only an additional $25.00 per month and I will save that by not having to spend money on the coin operated machines in the Sr. Estates.
I am tired...today was both a pain filled day and an emotionally stressful day. So more tomorrow!

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  6:17:56 PM  Show Profile
I will be praying Peggy I hope it works out. God has a plan...just know it in my heart. I am feeling bit tired tonight. IT is cold out first real cold and so I am having some tea and enjoying my slippers. I often wonder what I would do without my slippers...just love them. The first thing I put on when I get home. Guess standing with my little butterflies all day just makes my feet tire.

Well I think I will have some tea, relax with the bubbles and hit the hay. Tired girl here.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  8:42:56 PM  Show Profile
HI Tammy...By the way, I am really enjoying The Pink Carnation Mystery. If you Like Jane Austen type books (she is one of the main characters in this book and the other is her friend Arabella (main character)! Keep them on your wish list if you are an Austen Fan!

~ Also, today I found out that we can't move. My hubby went back to work last summer for our younger son to pay off some medical bills that are on going for both of us and that put us making too much money to qualify for any other Apartments through This Property Company. If we stay where we are...will still get low income housing (we pay around $700.00 per month) which is high for low-income where some of you live...I am sure. The Northwest is really an expensive place to live! So, God knows what he is doing and we will stay here. I will just have to take my naps on my living room sofa rather than my bedroom. Not ideal but workable and we won't have to move in really bad weather. We got two inches of rain today and seven more days of rain and possible snow mixed with rain coming. Like I said earlier on the Forum...that is pretty much how our Winter is suppose to continue on. ~ I am with you Tammy...Tea and slippers! Great combination especially this time of year. What is your favorite kind of Tea?

Well...after having a melt-down this morning over several major stresses in our lives...I am doing much better tonight emotionally. I could feel the prayers of various people and that always helps. Now on to some rest and relaxation myself. Life is Tough but God is Tougher!

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 18 2010 8:48:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  8:48:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Peggy, I am so sorry for your dilemma. I will be praying for you! Thanks so much for the nice card. The poem was beautiful!

Welcome to the porch, Denise and Beverly. This is a wonderful place.

Megan, I am excited you are getting to go and see your family in Michigan. You are a precious young woman.

Darlene, I am so sorry for all the tests! I pray everything is ok with you. I am also so sorry about the hubby! You are a very strong woman.

Bunny, Wow! Moving the day after Thanksgiving. I just wish you the very best. I hope that once you get there, blessings will just come showering on you.

Well, I guess I'd better get to sleep.

Have a great and blessed day!
Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  8:54:58 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, it is funny that several times we have posted within about 10 minutes of each other! I know that decision was a relief and a disappointment at the same time. Yes, thank God He is tougher than us or any of our situations!! Please keep the grandkids in prayer this weekend if you will. They will be going to their Mom's for two nights and a day. She is filling their heads with thoughts that they are coming to live with her and the boyfriend. Just a tough situation for the kids. We are praying they NEVER go live with her again. Thanks for the prayers.

Good night again!!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  9:26:26 PM  Show Profile
Hey Janet...you always have my prayers girlfriend...but for sure...I will keep the grand kids in prayer! That is such a
difficult situation with lots of heart-strings being pulled and tugged on. ~ You are right the News today was both a relief and a disappointment...but I am happy I don't have to move again. Just need to get very creative with this stressful situation. But what is really bothering me the most right now is my relationship (or almost non-relationship) with my middle son. I always looked at it as the differences in our personalities...but God is showing me that my son is crying out for unconditional love and an active relationship with me and that he is angry because he doesn't feel like he has with me...what the other two boys do. And the sad thing is...is he is right. And he fails at relationships because I was never able to teach him how to succeed because he is so introverted. Oh, man it is a long drawn out story...but cutting to the main chase...I am as much at fault as he is...but I am the one who is the parent...so I take the most responsibility. Now, I need to learn how to fix it. And I am so determined and so frustrated at the same time. So please pray for me too. Pat needs God's Love and My Love...so he learns how to love others. I do love him unconditionally and so does God...but the problem is...Pat doesn't feel it or believe it. Well, God isn't failing him but I guess I have. I just don't know much better than he does (Pat) on how to fix it. He is 32 yrs. old and very much a loner and I am 59 and baffled that I am just now figuring out that my middle child is crying out for my love. That is the true reason for my Melt-down this morning. And everything else was just frustration heaped on top of the real problem.
Anyway...I am off of here. Praying for you...and praying for myself and my son.
Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  08:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh Peggy-I am so sorry you are having such a stressful time right now. You are in my prayers. I'm sorry about the move but maybe it's for the best. You can enjoy the holidays and then at the first of the year concentrate on what you want to do. What sort of things does your son like? Maybe start on the superficial level and move up? Love will prevail. It might not be exactly the way you want it, but it will prevail.

I'm sorry I've been MIA lately. I think about you guys daily and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Much love to all of you.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  08:32:43 AM  Show Profile
Hello, I am new to the porch sitting. I have no porch so i can't sit on it but i would absolutly love to have one. I do have a back porch so i guess that counts cause i sit back there in the hottub and to watch the kids play. But i think this is gonna be a great place to sit. I hope i will get to know all of you very well.

Loving my country life all the time!!!!

Edited by - Marcia30 on Nov 19 2010 08:34:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  09:03:38 AM  Show Profile
Peggy...I understand the middle child situation a little bit, but from a different aspect. I am a middle child, but I have always felt like I was expected to pick up everyyones slack or I wasn't wanted. Like I had to earn my right to be included. I am the one everyone calls to run their errands they don't hhave time for or don't like doin. I get dumped on all the time and I hate it and so does my DH. He gets so mad cause my family doesn't even ask me to do this stuff, they just call me up and give me their list like I'm sittin around waitin to do their bidding. My DH says I'm the 'sh*t-catcher' in the family and he wishes I would learn to stand up for myself. I let them do it to me and I know it's only because I'm afraid of them cuttin me out of their lives completely. They only call if they want me to do somethin for them. I guess the curse of the middle child is to be the one who gets lost in the shuffle of families. I managed to pull myself together enough to have a family of my own and we are makin a point to not let our middle child get lost in all that's goin on with us. Not an easy task in our over worked and over loaded life, but it's a conscious choice each person must make. I have a brother-in-law who rose above an abusive, alcoholic family and is the only one of 6 boys who chose to do so. I know from experience that anyone who allows themselves to wallow in their past is only lookin for a reason to fail so they aren't held accountable for their mistakes. My parents did the best they could and I am a big girl and responsible for my own choices. I don't always make the right ones, but that's my fault. Please, Ladies, don't any of you blame yourselves for anything your adult children do. They know they are the ones makin their decisions and they are the only ones responsible for their lives. My parents and my DH's parents were very unaffectionate people towards each other. They believed kids shouldn't see public displays of affection. We have been married for 13 years and still hold hands and hug when we pass each other, or rather squeeze by each other, in the kitchen. Our children ask us why their friends parents don't ever touch or kiss. We want them to learn that marriage is supposed to be fun and loving. Adults can make their own choices and they are the only ones responsible for those choices.

Ok..Ok.. I'm off my soapbox now! Sorry. I get very emotional about that subject. My older sister tries to blame my parents and our less than middle class childhood for her debt, problems, everything. It really makes me angry because I think of our childhood as creative and simple. We were never hungry, naked, cold, or without friends or toys. We just didn't have boatloads of junk to pick up in our rooms that was never played with anyhow.

Janet...My oldest girl is from a previous relationship. My husband adopted her after we had been married for 3 years. She had to deal with visitations and even had to live with her father for a year. It was horrible for us, but it did wind up workin out for the best. I will be prayin for a wonderful solution to your situation as well. Tell your son to start keepin a journal of visitations and behavior of the children when they leave and return. He should also note any calls or meetings with the mother that he has and what was said or done by her. It was indespensible in my court case and the judge was impressed that I kept records of everything. Be sure it's properly dated and that pickup and dropoff times are always noted. It must be complete to be usable. He can't miss a single visitation notation, even if nothing out of the ordinary happened, he has to note that as well.

I am off to start back on the Thanksgiving bakin and prep work. We just rearranged the living room and cleaned up the kitchen last night. Now I have to finish off the pies and get started makin noodles. I guess it'll look like a 'white christmas' in our kitchen for a while! I figure me and the girls will be flour covered for the next few days!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  10:53:13 AM  Show Profile
A little about me...hmmmm.....I assume when you said Julie you meant Judy, as I didn't see any Julie's on here. I should change my name. You wouldn't believe how many times I've been called Julie. I just answer...I like that name too. ;)
As you can tell by my nickname, I'm an herbalist. I love anything herbal and Alternative medicine. I learned a lot about Natural Healing from my G-Grandma. She was an amazing woman who lived to be 106 and died of just being plum wore out! She didn't use man-made medicine either. She raised her own family plus many, many Grand-children, counting my Mama. We were very close. I learned to really love and appreciate my elders because of her. I worked in nursing homes after she passed away just to be near them. Very wise and knowledgeable people. I love: cooking, baking, gardening, takinge long walks, animals, reading, bicycling, taking pictures and chatting with my newfound Sistas on MJF.I'm 55, married twice, this time 4 years, no children, God said "No, but you can still be everybody's favorite Auntie." And so I am! I have collected many Nieces & Nephews along lifes journey. I know no strangers...everyone is approached as a friend. I have 1 Sister and my 82 year old Mama is still going strong.We have long life-lines. haha That's about it.
You ladies and your troubles are all in my prayers.So sorry to hear of your difficulties!
Big Hugs to you all!
Love you all,
Judy aka:herblady

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  11:20:42 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm sorry you have to deal with the smoking shack. Not fun. I'm stressing about my move. We have to go over some hefty mountain passes and I just can't deal with snow...We may have to wait for a window for my big move north.
Things have pretty much stayed the same. The bank now won't wait for anyone to try to get a home loan to buy my house. They say banks don't loan on log homes. Anyone that wants my house has to pay cash. I just don't get it..nothing they do makes good business sense. It was hard for me to get a loan but somehow I did otherwise I wouldn't be in this mess.
I'm spending the day cleaning out drawers and old stuff. I guess that's one good thing about this move. I'm getting rid of a lot of clutter.
Janet, hang in there with your grand kids. I can only imagine what you all are going through.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  11:28:28 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Bunny-please be careful-there are a lot of storms right now in our area. Let us know when you get there. Maybe we can have a little meet up.

Judy! Hiya!Nice to see ya here!

Marcia! Welcome!

Janet-your family are in my thoughts. I deal with the same situations a lot with past and previous work so if you need an ear-I'm here.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  12:27:15 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Marcia...we are glad to have you on the Porch! Always Room for more!

Judy... forgive me for getting your name wrong. I was relying on my memory when I typed
that...and I have no memory (always in a Fibro-Fog)...so I could have called you
any name that started with a "J". LOL I will get it down though, I promise!

Pam...my darlen girl how come you've been MIA? Are you doing OK? I hope you are just busy and
not feeling blue and down.

Bunny...do wait & watch... no matter when you come now. Watch the weather reports closely because the
forecast is for rain on the Valley Floor and Snow in all the passes (for a very long time).
We are for-casted to have a very cold & wet winter which means heavy snow in the Mts. They have
opened all the Ski-Slopes about a month and a half early here. Hate to the bearer of bad news but
want you to be safe. You will need chains!

Angela...I am a middle child as well/but fortunately or unfortunately...I ended up more like the first child
because I was the responsible one. So, I became the Peace Maker in our Family (still am). So, I didn't
get lost in the shuffle or feel left out...I felt more Put-upon...like everything got left to me because
I could deal with it because I was the compliant and good child. And was definitely a People Pleaser!
I had a Mother who could never be pleased but I sure gave it my level best!!! ~ I think you are a lot like
me in that regards too...just from things you've shared about your extended family dynamics. ~ You are spot
on about Adult Children needing to move forward despite their childhood and stand on their own two feet and
take responsibility for their own actions. BUT my middle son...though I taught all three of my boys to take
responsibility for their own actions...he never would even from a very small child. He has always seen his
problems as everyone else's fault, and never his. I always thought it was from his dad's stubborn German
Heritage...but now I am not so sure. As a parent I did the best I could by my children and loved them all equally.
And I prayed that God would fill in the voids that I missed. But as a mom...now that I see that my son really
feels like he was lost in the shuffle between the other two boys...I can see looking back that he was. But now
that I know he is craving a closer relationship with me...like I have with the other two boys...I can't ignore
the cry of his heart. He needs to know that and be shown that He is loved unconditionally. I think also that what Pam
said about starting out simple is exactly what I think I need to do too. I invited myself over to his apartment to
just hang-out and watch a movie or sports game together or whatever and he said that he would really like that. So,
some time in the very near future I will do that. So, that is a simple beginning and we will just go from there.
But Angela you did have a lot of good insight honey...thank you!

Well...I am off to a Cardiologist Appointment...so will be back later!

Love You My Special Porchies,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 19 2010 12:28:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  4:42:33 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I've had two really horrible clients/trials we are working with that have been eating up a lot of my free time and I had to do 2 videos for Craftster. I need to get back here, it is so good for my soul and keeps me balanced.

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  6:17:48 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi...MIA also. Hubby just exhausts me when he's acting out. That's when I isolate myself. Have had Doctor appointments and tests also. Results from lower back are that I have 2 separate areas of herniations that are on the L and R sides. Not good because some days the piercing nerve pain flys down my L leg and then it can fly down my R. It's like a hot poker. I had back surgery in 1971 and have been good until we got slammed in the accident. The worst is my neck because my arms and hands are numb. Somedays I can't even hold a pen. This is of great concern because it can be a very serious situation. Don't have those results yet. The Neurologist is concerned that I have permament nerve damage. Too much for me to deal with so I'm letting God be in control. My hand is so numb I can't feel the keys.

Welcome newbies. Email me your BD and addresses so we can honor you on your day.

Peggy...my heart and prayers go out to you.

Bunny...Big Bunnyhugs for you.

Janet...Prayers for you all.

Pray for you all daily. Can't feel my hands so I'm off for now.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

pinkwitchy~farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Beverly
Lee's Summit MO
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  7:32:38 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for making feel right at home....on the porch :) I ask to join then end up MIA for several days...sorry!

Darlene, yep... 3 Item Christmas Swap...Can't wait :) I'm also swap partners w/ Megan for the Candle Swap

Hi Megan :)

I love sitting on my porch (front) or my deck (back). I just love sitting outside...anywhere :) I'm usually alone or w/ my 2 dogs, now I have all you to keep me company! Yay! I have a somewhat busy weekend ahead, but will drop in to say "Hi y'all".

{{{hugs}}}
Beverly

Farmgirl Sister 1575* * * It is often the bend in the road that makes life worth the drive * * *
Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  8:40:11 PM  Show Profile
This is so neat to be talking about middle child issues. I am dealing with this right now but with a 6 year old! My son is incarcerated and we tried to help his wife and kids out while he was in there. His wife moved a 16-yr. old boyfriend in with her in OUR house who molested his brother (his mother told me this for me to try to protect the grandkids) and was in drug therapy too. He seems to be straighened out now but I get nervous for our almost 8 year old granddaughter as well as even the boys. We told her we would not press the child support issue if she would let us keep them and she agreed. We didn't say we would refuse it. It has been almost 2 1/2 years and she has paid $50 and bought the two older ones 3 pairs of pants a piece over 2 years ago. She went from Christmas last year til Sept. this year without seeing them. Then, she asks me recently what she would have to do in order to get them back. Also, she gets to claim one of them on her taxes and gets her EIC every year but it sure isn't spent on those kids. To my knowledge, she has never bought them a birthday present. She conveniently doesn't get them during that time. It is just all a mess!!! I just pray that no judge in his right mind will ever give them back to her. Anyway, back to the problem with the child - his older sister is the first girl in the family as well as being the oldest and his younger brother is just the sweetest little boy and he gets a lot of attention so the middle child gets left out some. We try and try to single him out and make conscious efforts to give him attention but he is into this temper tantrum thing right now. I am sure it is to get attention but it is emotionally draining as well as it is getting to a point of stressing our marriage on the weekends. They are homeschooled along with my daughter's children. I am doing a different thing with him right now (started this week) and it is helping some but he had a fit last night. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Pam, thanks for the offer to listen. I might take you up on it one day.

Darlene, I hope you get some relief! That is scary! Have you tried chiropractors? My husband had something wrong with his disc in his neck this year, I can't remember if it was herniated or ruptured, and he had to go every day for a few days. The pain traveled down his arms from his neck and than back up and after about 2 weeks, he was so much better.

Peggy, I am so sorry to hear about your anquish over your son. Maybe starting small will help. Maybe if you can just find some common interests that you can expand on. I will certainly keep you in my prayers. I hope that your son and you start the new year with a growing relationship. The saying is so true isn't it that when they are little they tromp on your toes and when they are grown the tromp on your heart, isn't it? A mother has so many emotions for her kids no matter their age!

Well, I guess I will close my epistle tonight. Hope everyone has a good night. I have a rarity tonight. My husband has not came home from working out of town tonight and the kids are gone. I am here on the porch tonight and am watching The Most Wonderful Time of the Year on Hallmark (through the window, I guess. Ha!) drinking Coke and eating popcorn.

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  11:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Just emailed everyone's addresses and BD to those that have given me their info. If anything is wrong let me know or post it here. Judy I thought I had your ino but I don't. Email it to me and I will send it off. Cherime send me your email address so I can email it to you.

Janet...I can't even go to Physical Therapy until they are sure it's safe. I have a dear friend that is a Chiropractor that did wnders for me but I can't now. Poor you and your situation. I raised 2 step children and it wasn't easy. Of course I had no help. The mother didn't care either. That is the problem. The kids feel rejected and act out. I had my hands full way back then. Can't imagine doing at an older age. Prayers for you and them my friend. I really feel if a mother rejects her kids like that, they should lose all rights. My exs never paid a cent. I went to work and covered them on my insurance. He has the nerve to tell me I never did a thing for him in his life. Couldn't you put them in public shool to give you a break. They might be able to get some help for him. Tough situation. I just don't understand these mother's. Most mother's would kill for their kids not throw them away like trash. God Bless.

It's 2 am and I'm going to bed and hope I can sleep. Catch you all tomorrow.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page