Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  10:14:45 AM  Show Profile
Yum...if that tea tastes like pumpkin pie...I'm in. Gonna look for it. We have a local orchard that we get our apple cider from that DOESN"T pasteurize it. Gotta love that. So we have hot cider often and truely enjoy it. But something my Sister did tell me about that I'm going to look for. Gingerbread marshmallows. She said they taste just like gingersnaps. YUM!!! *drooling* Wouldn't those be tasty on sweet potato casserole?/! I think "Yes!"
Luanne, I will surely keep your Mama in my prayers. Let us know when she gets in, please!
DH is off today, don't know what we'll get into yet. I'm still under the weather a little. I went to the store the other day for the first time in a week and was hit with a coughing fit where my eyes ran, my nose ran and I couldn't stop coughing. 2 sweet menonite ladies offered me a coughdrop and sympathised with me but man, I was embarrassed. And of course it hasn't happened since!
Ok Gals, have a great day! Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  10:29:05 AM  Show Profile
Hey...ALL MY BEAUTIFUL PORCHIES! We got snow out in Battle Ground yesterday...big old fluffy flakes that stuck
on the ground and made everything Postcard Gorgeous! Put me in a very Holiday Mood...even if I could barely move, because I moved my Living Room around the day before and put up my Christmas Decorations! Had to go with the flow while I had the energy to do so. Spent yesterday half bent over from the pain...but my house looks nice! :+)
Today I am doing laundry so, can't stay on here long. Will come back later and share more! It is suppose to snow again today. What I love about our snow is it never lasts. It just looks beautiful and then leaves. That is my kind of winter!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  10:48:49 AM  Show Profile
I just got home from an 8:30am appointment! My van stopped runnin on me and I had to call DH for help. It took him about an hour to get there cause he had the girls. Then he had to figure out the problem. The air breather had come off! The sensor wouldn't let the van start till it was put back on. Now I'm about 3 hours behind today and I just want to sit on the couch and do nothin.

I guess I had better get up and get my lunch from the oven. Maybe I'll feel more like doin somethin after I eat a little. I skipped breakfast this mornin. I'll drop back by after bit and see what's goin on with everyone.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  1:58:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judy, I am a secretary for a large firm in a very very busy department. Nothing fancy, just good old fashion hard work. Just a very crazy time of year.

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  2:00:04 PM  Show Profile
Luanne-safe driving prayers and thoughts to your mom coming from my way too!

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  4:59:48 PM  Show Profile
Well, my DH drug me to StatCare today. I guess he got tired of my hacking and not being able to eat. Yesterday evening we were watching a movie and I had a coughing fit that scared me even. I couldn't catch my breath, just kept coughing. Scared him too and he's an LPN. So, guess what it is?...........Acute Bronchitis. I was afraid of that. My Mom caught that after my Dads funeral. It was Feb and very cold out. I know it's viral and contagious, so I feared the worse. She's had after-effects for a year and a half. It won't leave her. So I'm on Z-pak antibiotic, proventil inhaler and codeine syrup so I can sleep thru the night. I hate drugs. I worked as a Pharmacy Tech for 12 1/2 years, seen folk become dependent on the craziest things. But if it will help me stop coughing, I suppose I can deal with it short-term!
PeggyAnn-I can commiserate with you, you poor thing. I have lower back troubles and I get those spurts where I sweep the whole house or move things around all in one day. By evening I can't hardly move. But who else will do those things but us? Nobody! Luckily my DH ordered me a "HangUps" Inversion Table and I just hang upsidedown for a few minutes and it helps amazingly well. Took me awhile to get the (hang) of it, no pun intended, but now I'm glad I have it. Our insurance covered it too with a Drs. prescription.
We may see some snow this weekend, but today it was mid 60's again. Then next week we're suppose to have warm temps again. We're all going to have pnemonia. *sigh*
Theresa, thanks for sharing. I hope you get enough rest, you don't want to get run down this time of year. Take care of you!
Well, I'm done for the night. Time to cozy up with a pot'o tea and a good "read." I'll make an extra pot for you all too. Orange Spice!
Take care girls. Good-night!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  7:17:03 PM  Show Profile
Darlene,
I have gotten mine at Harney and Sons or Stash tea. Both have a site online. I buy most of my teas from Harney and Son or a little shop out of Colorado. They have some of the best loose teas and I just love them. HOpe that helps.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  7:22:15 PM  Show Profile
Luanne,
It would be a priviledge to pray for your mother. I also wanted to say thank you for the birthday gift. It was so thoughtful of you. I want to thank all of you for the sweet cards. It has felt like Christmas. My hubby is bit jealous cause I have been getting the mail. HE said your farm sisters must be special. They pop in the mailbox daily. I just giggled.

Well ladies time for some tea and shower. Tomorrow is last day of work for me. The little butterflies and I have the rest of the week off for Thanksgiving break. I will miss them but looking forward to time with family.

love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  12:16:27 AM  Show Profile
Darlene...you can get that Tea a Fred Meyers Stores...if you have them where you live. They may only be a Northwest Company...I am not sure. But it is good tea. Celestial Seasons Tea. Saw some today when I was shopping. But I bought a clear glass (little tea pot) and some of the Numi Flowering Tea today. It is so pretty when it blooms open. I didn't know that one bloom would make 5 teapots full...I always through mine away after one use. They are rather expensive so was happy to learn that they can be reused...if you do it right away. (like tomorrow) I got a variety pkg and today I had the Lavender Tea (one of my favorite) relaxation teas.
Judy...I feel so sorry for you girlfriend! I have felt like the last two days that I have been trying to catch a cold...but I am really hoping it is just allergies from the dust...when I moved furniture and cleaned. Dust is my #1 allergy and something I don't do often enough. LOL Take care of yourself and don't over do...Bronchitis can last a long time as you know...almost as bad a Walking Pneumonia. My brother and sister and I use to get Chronic Bronchitis as children because are parents smoked and we were very sensitive to cig. smoke.
Tammy...your husband sounds like mine about the mail. Last month around my birthday I was getting all kinds of fun Farmgirl Mail and he was getting bills...he didn't think that was quite fair. Have a nice break from the butterflies and enjoy your Family Time!~ Oh before I forget...I found The Pink Carnation Christmas Novel absolutely Charming! So now I will be reading the other 8 in the series. I highly recommend them to anyone who likes Authors like Jane Austen, Tasha Alexander, Rhys Bowen, and Jacqueline Winespear; any of the classic authors of that Victorian Era.
Theresa...are you still liking your job? I know you are busy...but that is a good thing if you like what you do.
Pam...did you guys get snow in Portland today where you live? I just took Bella outside and the cars all have a skiff of snow and the sidewalks and streets have black-ice. Be careful tomorrow if you have to go to work. I hope you don't though. I hope you can just cozy in and stay warm! ~ I walked over to Fred Meyers today just to get out of the Apartment for awhile...it is only a block from my Apartment and started doing some Christmas Shopping. That was fun! Gift Cards and Christmas Stockings are all we are doing anymore...as the Mailing of packages have gotten so bad. Last year I gave Gift Cards to the Parents and sent Christmas gifts to the grand-kids and it cost me an extra hundred dollars just to mail to them. I thought that was just crazy...I could buy more gift cards with an extra hundred bucks.
Well Porchies... I know I haven't mentioned you all...but not because I haven't read your posts and not because I am not praying for you and thinking about you...but because I feel like I have spent time with all of you tonight as I made out my Christmas Cards to a lot of you. It takes me days to do my Christmas Cards because I send out/and or hand out about 150-200 between friends, family, Bible Study Group, Seniors at our Estates and now my darlen Farm Sisters. I love making them out though. One of my favorite parts of the Holidays. Now, I am ready to go get some sleep!

Stay Warm and Safe and Enjoy Your Holidays,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 23 2010 12:26:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

babynurse
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Christine
Amherst Virginia
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  07:07:40 AM  Show Profile
I haven't been on here in AGES! Unfortunately, with 5 children and an outside-of-the-home job, that's just the way it's gonna be for me. I don't like it, but we do what we have to do! :)

Luanne ~ I will certainly keep your mom in my prayers! That would have me on pins and needles too.
Judy ~ Wow, I sure hope you'll be feeling better soon! At least before Thanksgiving comes around, so you can enjoy it. Prayers to you too.
Peggy ~ YAY for snow!!! That's my favorite kind too. :D The kind that falls, looks pretty for a while, then leaves!

Everyone take care. I'm just taking a quick break while at work to type this. Gotta run now.

"Hey it's good, to be back home again...Sometimes this old farm feels like a long lost friend..."
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  07:10:01 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Ugh! Our heater went out last night. It's 20 degrees outside right now and the high is only suppose to be 28. We have a fire going so that's good and Mark is fixing the heater today. All the pups are bundled up.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  07:48:26 AM  Show Profile
Christine...nice to see you on the Porch again. Just keep dropping in when you can! Busy Mom, Busy Woman in The Market Place, Busy Life...we get it Farmgirl!

Pam...No! That has got to be the worst...having your heater go out...now of all times. I guess the Cold Weather is when we find out just how much we need them and they get over taxed! Do you have enough blankets and stuff to keep warm? Please let me know if you don't. Glad you have stuff to bundle the pups up too and I will be praying that Mark is successful at fixing the heater. Love You Girl...snuggle up and keep warm! Let me know if you need anything. Prayers, Loves and Hugs you got! BUT really if we can do anything let me know!

I am going to go hop back in bed for awhile...I got up way to early. I should say that Bella got me up way to early!

Burrr...it feels like Winter!!!

Hugs, Loves and Smiles (frozen ones)
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 23 2010 07:50:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  09:21:45 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
I just had my whole post wipeout so here I go again.

Thanks for the tea info.

Judy and Peg feel better and take care.

Luanne Prayers for your dear Mom.

Cherime you are a Blessing to so many. May you be Blessed back abundantly.

Pam hope your heater gets fixed ASAP. Hold the pups close and warm each other!

Christine glad to hear from you and we all get it so pop in when you can. We won't forget you.

Sorry if my addresses to you all were scattered all over the page. I don't have a clue what makes them do that. Luanne sent me an email and that's how I found out they looked crazy. I wasn't drinking but I will next time! LOL! At least I'll have an excuse!

Have a Blessed and Joyful Thanksgiving,
Darlene

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

blackantsnpeonys
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Denise
Hinckley Illinois
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  1:33:34 PM  Show Profile
Well, just got myself caught up on reading the posts. Hope to hear from you!
I am awaiting the first snow fall to get in the hot tub and watch the snow fall around me.
te]Originally posted by Marcia30

Hey got your email Denise. Thanks! I love sitting in my hot tub especially at night. I can't wait to sit out there when the snow is falling. Good thing my hot tub is under the back porch over hang or what you would call the roof i guess??

I am loving my country life all the time!!!!

[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  2:32:46 PM  Show Profile
Well, it looks like I can't leave on Monday for Oregon. The bank says if I move out.. I won't quality for a program that stops them from suing me for the difference. To the tune of about $220,000. That's the difference between what I owe and what the buyers are offering. And that is if the bank takes the offer for a short sale. So I'm stuck here. I already had my crying fit.. now I'm trying to figure out what the universe,God, Angels, who ever is in charge now.. has planned. There must be a reason for all of this. It is totally out of my hands that's for sure. I just hate to put my son out.. he is the one that has to help with everything and he is trying to get his own life in order. I'm sure he will be a little glad I'm out of his hair for a while at least. I'm putting my mind on this is for a good thing..I'm suppose to stay and wait for it. ..."whatever"... I'm getting tired. But it looks like I need to go back to dealing with one day at a time. No more planning. It just doesn't seem like it's quite the right time for it. OK, I'm partially complaining and really trying to see the bright side.
I do pray for each and everyone one of you... you all have your own stuff to deal with. You ladies are wonderful and I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday. I'm thankful I get to spend it with my family. So there!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  2:49:20 PM  Show Profile
Pam, I totally understand what not having heat is like. I hope hubby was able to fix it. Thank God for fireplaces. I push my couch right up to it and me and the kitties hang tough until the electricity comes back on. Right now I'm having to deal with my satellite dishes for internet and tv snowing up. I have to go outside and shoot water from my house to clean them off. I tried to send my son money via our banks and it took me 3 times cleaning them off to get the transfer sent. They are on the roof of course.
Denise, I'm so jealous of your hot tub... especially in the snow. The only way to go.
Anyway, later porchies.. stay warm.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  3:22:20 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...I think God is telling you, that it is too treacherous to move out here this winter. So hang tight and wait for things to change. If it is one thing we know...It is that LIFE is full of changes, challenges and character-building. I have decided that I am already quite a Character...so, I must be ready for Charm in my Life! LOL Praying for you! Love that you are trying to make Lemon-aide out of your Lemons!

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  4:33:21 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I have to move soon. I don't have any income to keep everything going here. I have a little savings, but that was to get me to Oregon and have a little to keep my cell on, gas in my car and my car insurance until I can get a job. If I use all that up here, I'm in trouble. So what ever God is planning.. he can only take so much time. After that things get really tough.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  7:31:05 PM  Show Profile
So it's supposed to get down to 5 degrees here tonight and it snowed like crazy for most of the day! 20's tomorrow for the high. Burrr! But, family (aka reinforcements) come tomorrow for turkey day so I'm looking forward to that.
stay warm everyone...cold stuff's a'commin!

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  08:33:03 AM  Show Profile
If you hear the glider creaking, it's just me. I'm back and trying to catch up on the posts.
I've missed you all and hope that everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving.
back to reading....
staci
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  08:49:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. Had the first work from home day in years due to a massive ice storm that had rain all the way up to Barrow on the North Slope. Got a lot done at home though.
Bunny, that is such a hard place to be; ready to move on and not able to do so. But if you can get out from under that deficiency balance it will be so much better for you later down the line. Just keep on praying and we will do the same.
Back troubles are horrible to deal with. I did something to mine in the fall that laid me up for a while and it took forever to get better. I will be praying for that to clear up.
On another note I am having a very bad time with one individual in the non-profit. The VP used to be a friend, I thought of him as a son. Now his feelings are telling him that every word I speak to him is meant to cut him down and belittle him. He has a horrible temper and I was in him home one day when he was shouting his widowed mom down who raised him alone, and then took him back into her home to live with her when his sight got bad. She drives him everywhere he needs or wants to go. For some reason he has decided to treat me in the same manner as his mother who is about the same age as I. I think that he also resents that I hold the non-profit check book and every now and then he will try to commit us to something that we cannot legally or ethically do, when I say no he comes unglued. The President is wishy washy about it all trying to fence straddle. I have given this over to the Lord more times that I can count. Now we are to have a meeting says the Pres. and I am just praying that God handle this one because I cannot do so. So keep me in your prayers ladies.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  09:19:05 AM  Show Profile
I think I'm caught up. I've been laughing and crying alternately for over an hour now. You ladies are so special, inspirational, loving, warm, giving, sharing.....
I am thankful for all of you and thankful too, for this forum that allows us to "meet" when we can.
I've added the many needs to my prayer list and am holding you all close in my heart.

Happy Birthday tomorrow Tammy!

BTW - when you guys get tired of the snow - can you please send some my way?
We don't get nearly enough here. Of course if Darlene and Luanne don't want it in there neck of PA, make sure to direct it to southern PA. Thanks.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Nov 24 2010 09:25:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  09:24:05 AM  Show Profile
And since they made it soooo much easier to load photos and since I finally transfered some from my camera...
Here is a shot of the baby turtle we enjoyed this summer. I named him "Bisque".
Hope he makes you smile.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  10:35:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Staci, glad to hear that old glider creaking. Good to see you.
Cherime, Your situation is in my prayers, girlfriend. That's a tough one, but Praise God, nothing is too big or too small for Him. He cares!
Staci, what an adorable turtl-ett. LOL So tiny and cute. I just love turtles and frogs. They both make me smile! I have lots of them for yard decorations and everytime I see another cute one I'm soooo tempted. My Sisters' fav, when she visits, is a turtle that sits in a swing and drifts back and forth, with the breeze,in our maple tree. I try to buy 1 each Summer.
Well, have a great Thanksgiving girls. Don't Gobble 'til you wobble! LOL I'll be helping my Mama move.
Love Yuns!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  11:16:44 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Baby turtle! So cute!

Well, we still don't have heat. Our house was 45 degrees this morning. We have the fire and space heaters going and the pups are all wrapped up. The heating guy is coming out today. It wouldn't be so bad if the temperatures were normal 45 but they have been in the teens and the 20's. BRRR! We have an electric blanket that helped a lot last night. Anybody got any warm tea? I need to warm up my bones. :)

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page