Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  12:52:40 PM  Show Profile
Staci...cute turtle!!! Do you still have it? How much bigger will it get?

Pam...what is the delay getting the heater fixed? Are you going to be able to
cook your Thanksgiving Dinner and Stuff? I am worried about you. 45 degrees is
way too cold. Keep me posted on what is happening!

I'm off for a nap! HAPPY THANKSGIVING FARMGIRLS!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  12:59:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello my sweet porch sisters,
I am home on vacation until Monday. So glad as it is bitter cold and tad icy here in my neck of the woods. So I have been enjoying pot of tea and just hanging out with my sons. I did clean my house and just love the fresh smell.

Peggy, I am going to read the whole series of Pink Carnation as well and I love Tasha Alexander. I have several of hers on my wish list. so many choices.

Staci so glad to see you sweet one.

Judy Hope you feel better soon. Please rest and take care of yourself.

Angela sorry about van but glad hubby could help. don't over do either.

Well ladies, I know I haven't mentioned you all but I love you all dearly and have you in my prayers. But it is time to get some baking done for tomorrow.
If I don't make it back on before tomorrow, have a blessed Thanksgiving filled with joy and love.

love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  2:51:57 PM  Show Profile
Hello all! We have not left for Michigan yet, but pretty soon here, so I wanted to stop by before we hit the road. I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving, and that your days are filled with joy and blessings! Happy Turkey Day!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  7:39:54 PM  Show Profile
Pam, you poor thing. I'll make you as many pots 'o tea as you want,my Dear and whatever flavor you want! That's awful not to have heat when it's that cold. We are having rain/36 today but tomorrow we are suppose to be 58 and flood warnings. Then Friday it's going to be in the upper 30's. Man it's all over the place. That's Ohio for ya.
Tammy, did I hear someone say Happy Birthday to you for Thanksgiving day? That's my DH's birthday too. Happy Birthday Girlfriend!
I'm feeling better since I'm taking antibiotics and using an inhaler. What a difference the inhaler makes. Wow! Opens the chest right up. I haven't breathed this good in a couple years. Who knew?/!
Ok porchies, I hope your Thanksgiving dinners all turn out beeeutiful and low-cal. *wink-wink* And I hope all of your guests make it in safe and you all have a Glorious day!!! Be Safe and Enjoy!
Love to all!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-

Edited by - herblady55 on Nov 24 2010 7:42:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  8:52:08 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick hello and happy turkey day to everyone!

Staci-the turtle is adorable!!!

Pam-stay warm, hope the heater gets fixed quickly

Tammy-Happy birthday as well as turkey day

Megan-be safe

I hope everyone else is found to be in great holiday spirits and gets to share the day with those who mean the most to them

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2010 :  06:22:47 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone is well fed and with loved ones. I am so thankful that I found this board and found all of you. You are so supportive and wonderful friends. I am truly blessed.

The furnace had a good 60 year run. We are staying relatively warm with a fire place and heaters. After the holiday we will get a second opinion and then start pricing a new furnace.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2010 :  11:53:51 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL MY WONDERFUL PORCHIES! I love you all dearly and could hug you and squeeze you to death!
No, TO LIFE! I need you all! Hope your day is filled with LOVE, LAUGHTER, FAMILY AND FRIENDS and plenty of yummy food to fill your tummies and hearts! When counting my blessings today...I am counting you all 100 times!

Love, Hugs, and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 25 2010 11:58:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2010 :  08:22:42 AM  Show Profile
Moring Ladies! Hope you all had a fabulous day yesterday. Our festivities will continue thru the weekend. We're cooking the whole meal at home on Saturday. While we enjoy seeing the extended family on Thursday, we miss the leftovers and snuggling in just the 4 of us. So that's our plan tomorrow.

Pam, I hope you're able to find a good and affordable solution. It can be such a bummer when that stuff hits - particularly right before major holidays. You are blessed to have a fireplace - heat and ambiance.

Our turtle friend stayed for just a week this summer - we were in drought conditions then and had a horrible time trying to find worms for him. So we took him back to his home stream to be released with his sublings. He sure was cute! Not sure how big they get, or how long they live but it was nice to have him and be able to let him go in his original home.

Well, I need to go to the store today and just remembered what day it is - I hope any of you who may be out and about, enjoy your shopping.

prayers, love, hugs and...
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Nov 26 2010 08:24:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2010 :  11:54:35 PM  Show Profile
Well My Porchies...We had a lovely Family Dinner Out for Thanksgiving! There was eight of us after all and it was yummy food and great company! Then we all either went out to more dinners...or like Larry and I just went home and took a nice nap! This morning my husband woke me up at four am when he fell out of bed having a bad dream...so since I was awake, I decided to throw on my jeans, a t-shirt and boots and rain-gear and go walk over to our Local Fred Meyers Store for their 5:00 am Black Friday Opening. I have never shopped Black Friday before (I have worked plenty of them over the years). I grabbed a Starbucks coffee and a shopping basket and had fun with the Crowd Of People doing the same thing. Fred Meyers always has a 50% off Sock Sale on Black Friday...so, I got my hubby and I some of those as we both like their Gold-Toe socks that are spendy...but I can't tell you how many women I saw with shopping carts full of socks. Wow...I wouldn't even know that many people. I hope they were buying them for Charities or something wonderful like that! I had fun meandering around and getting into the Holiday Frenzy (I mean spirit) LOL! I got about half of my list covered in that one store and then walked back home and went to bed. Later my hubby and I went to a few more places. It was a first for me doing BLACK Friday! Now I can say I have contributed to our Nations Economy by spending money on this day. :+)

Hope you all had a Stupendous Day and that the rest of your Holiday Weekend is filled with good left overs and lots of cozy family time!

Love You All...And Merry Christmas!
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 28 2010 11:55:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2010 :  07:15:56 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Luanne! I got your pins yesterday but I've been dealing with my broken furnace for the past few days that I haven't had a chance to tell you THANK YOU! I LOVE them! They are so super cute! I am putting yours in the mail today. They are just perfect for me. A little puppy and a snowman. You totally made my day! Thank you again!

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  11:38:03 AM  Show Profile
RxGirl, DH got the box out of the mail and forgot to tell me. Thank you so much for the beautiful Christmas Pin. I don't think I have ever seen anything so beautiful. It is a Crystal Poinsettia Christmas Pin. I can't wait to go to work Monday and wear it. Thank you again.

Still working tons and tons of hours. Maybe by the end of the year things will calm down.

Prayers to all.

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

eggfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Kristy
Melvern KS
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2010 :  8:57:13 PM  Show Profile
Im new to the front porch and fairly new to MJF. I would love to join in on some good ol front porch sitting. I do a lot of that on the front porch of my beloved ol farmhouse. Well, during nice weather that is ! lol ! Too cold here in Kansas to do much of that so really looking forward to some virtual sittin with my new Sistas ! Im not good with names anymore so forgive me. But look forward to getting to know you all and share my muses!
Dreamin of sittin and enjoying the view..
Hugs... Kristy

"Live like you were diein'"
Sis #2339
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  12:17:19 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Kristy! You came to the right place for sitten and musen Farmgirl. And don't worry about the names yet...you'll pick them up one by one and before you know it...you'll have them down pat. Most of us answer to "Hey You" or whatever. To start with...when I read people's various chat comments I would jot their name down on a piece of paper and a couple of words of response that I wanted to type back to them. That was helpful...because everybody but you, on this Porch knows that I lost my mind a long time ago and just can't find it! LOL!
Pam my girl...are you still freezen your back-sides off? I forgot to mention that you and Mark could chase each other around the furniture and that would warm you up! Oh, I saw your NOT So NICE Boss on the news last night...talking about the Bomb Plot on Pioneer Square's Christmas Tree Lighting. My youngest son and his girlfriend were down there for that too...so, I am praising God that the FBI and CIA were all in on the Plot. That was awful news!
All Porchies Doing The Christmas Pin Swap...did everyone make contact with their Swap Partner and Has everyone mailed out their Pin yet? ~ If anyone thinks of something they would like to do...just between us Porchies...please let Darlene know or me, but we want everyone to feel free to make suggestions. I think a lot of us are working on mailing each other Christmas Cards this month and Charime has a Birthday this month...if you would like to send her a Card/and or a little B-day gift. We leave it up to each individual to do as you wish. This is just something extra for those who want to participate.

Well, I had a terrible nights sleep last night. Couldn't fall into Dreamland until after 5:30 this morning...so, I am hoping to not repeat that tonight. I just left you a couple Pots of Peach Tea and some Ginger Snap Cookies on the Porch...but chat quietly as I am trying to finish a good book and I am stretched out on one of the Porch Swings....so don't sit on me! There are several more swings, gliders, rockers and steps to sit on...but it has been pretty quiet here all evening. If I fall asleep just wake me up and send me home!

Blessings and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  07:41:52 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
We are getting a second opinion today. We have space heaters that are really heating up the house so it hasn't been too bad. It's also been warmer so that's helped. Ugh! My jerky boss! That interview, I'm sure will make his ego even bigger!

Did anyone watch that Hallmark movie last night with Sam Elliott(yummy!)? It was so sweet and a definite tear jerker.

Welcome Kristy!

YUM! Peach tea! I have left over chocolate bourbon pecan pie from Thanksgiving. Everyone help themselves.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  10:29:17 AM  Show Profile
Hey Pam...what was the Movie called. I love Hallmark movies but don't think I've seen that one. BUT...you know how they repeat them during the month...so if it was good would love to see it. Just a Mom caution here...watch those space heaters with the dogs (don't want them tipped over) or keep them away from curtains and furniture. I know you hear the horror stories this time of year on the news too...so, just an "I Love you Girl" reminder to keep safe using them.

Love and Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  10:57:25 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I think it was called November Christmas. It was really good. It was on CBS last night but I'm sure they will play it on the Hallmark channel soon.

Go to Top of Page

eggfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Kristy
Melvern KS
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  11:51:18 AM  Show Profile
Thanks you all for the warm welcome to your porch ! I missed that movie ! What on earth was I doing ? lol ! I too love the Hallmark movies and Sam Elliot ! Oh I had my face in my laptop posting here and not paying attention to what was on tv ! Well, hopefully it will replay soon.

Peg... what a great idea to take notes on names. I am the worlds worst with names. Forget my own somedays ! lol !!

I don't know about your front porch but mine is cold and windy. We are expecting a rainy afternoon and evening. Of course living on the Kansas plains the wind is always blowing. Somedays worse than others. Today is one of those you sure couldnt keep your hat on ! It would be in next state before you knew it.

Off to read and create !
Hugs.. KRisty

"Live like you were diein'"
Sis #2339
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  12:10:53 PM  Show Profile
AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH -

I just typed a long note, and it disappeared. I got a message saying I wasn't logged in. Does anybody understand why that happens? It only happens once in a while, but I had already been on the forum earlier?

Anyway - I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who kept my mom in their prayers while she made the 300 mile trip from her home in Vermont to my place here in PA. She arrived safely, and we had a wonderful week together. She is right now on her way back to Vermont. She does amazingly well for someone who is almost 82!

We spent Thanksgiving day with my boyfriend's family, and there were over 70 of us together for dinner. His sister organizes the meal every year and it goes off like clockwork. I don't know how she does it! We had a little freezing rain, but not enough to keep us at home. The only thing I miss about not being at home on Thanksgiving is leftovers! Think maybe next year I will cook a small turkey or maybe a turkey breast and some stuffing just to make sandwiches with the next day!

Pam - I sure hope you get your heat problem resolved soon - burrrrr! I'm glad you liked your Christmas pins.

Staci - so good to see you back on the porch - we missed you!

Darlene - how is everything going from the accident and from your problems at home? I think of you often, and still want to get together for a visit soon.

Kristi - welcome to the porch - sure glad to have you here!

Peg - your posts always make me smile!

Bunny - sure wish we could all gather around you and give you a big farmgirl hug - I hope things improve real soon.

I discovered a new Bigelow chamomile and mango tea this weekend and it is yummy. I'll leave a pot along with some of my three-chip cookies on the porch if anybody is hungry and brave enough to face the cold!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  12:25:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I am back from Michigan, and am ready for this week!
Kristy, welcome to the porch! My name is Megan, and I'm a 14 year old freshman in high school! Glad to see a new face!
Well, three days until surgery:( I'm getting freaked out, but it's necessary. I'll also have a machine with me afterwards to keep my leg moving, and my Dad says I won't like it, but we'll see! I'm just glad that I got to see my family this weekend and spend time with them.
So, how was everyone else's Thanksgivings?
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  1:59:28 PM  Show Profile
well, everyone was so quiet over the weekend, I'm assuming that means good times with the family
We had hubby's family over and I did most of the dinner (it's probably my favorite holiday). Everything was yummy ( I even made a pumpkin pie from scratch, roasted the pumpkins and everything) and had a roll "throwdown" with my mil. She won. But to be fair, for the first 8 or so years of my life I thought mashed potatoes came from a box so I have alot of catching up to do.

Megan-we will all be thinking of you in the next few days!

Kristy-welcome!

Luanne-glad mom made it and you had a great visit

Theresa-so glad you liked the pin, I just fell in love with it. btw I've gotten tons of compliments on the 2 you sent and my daughter keeps trying to steal the angel pin,lol!

Well, stay warm everyone and enjoy the post-turkey day recovery

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Nov 29 2010 1:59:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  4:19:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Things have been tough around here. I did have my family here for Thanksgiving. That was nice. But the next day we had to start packing up my house for my move. It was really hard to do. With the bank making me stay until I can find a buyer.. I was feeling very trapped. I couldn't even talk to anyone without crying. I finally started taking my Klonapin. Boy did it help. At least I can have a conversation without crying. I decided I'll probably be stuck here for as long as 4 months. So I went and applied for some jobs today. I figure it will help me from spending my savings by being stuck here. Who knows, maybe I'll get a job that will support me and I can at least stay in the area. I can deal with losing my house. I can't deal with moving away from my kids. I can't explain how it feels to hear my older son's diesel truck pull up. It calms me and makes me feel ok. Knowing my younger son is only 2 hours away was enough to give me peace. I just have to find a way to stay. I guess if it is meant to be.. it will happen. I just wish I had more to work with skill set wise. I have found that owning my own business for the last 14 years.. is not enough. Plus with my credit destroyed... anyone checking that won't even give me a chance to explain. I guess companies figure anyone with a bad credit score will probably steal from them. Even in this economy. I'm trying to have faith that I'm being lead to something better. And hopefully something I want. Not just a dead end job to make ends meet.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I haven't been able to post much. I didn't want to drag everyone down with my sadness. But trust me..I'm working on it and I do have good days. Thanks so much for being there.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  7:09:15 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Dana!
Bunny, you do not drag us down. That's we as sisters are here for. You'll be in my prayers in the next few days. It will get better, just keep your chin up!
Tomorrow, back to school after a 5 day break. Then two days of learning, and I'll be in my house for a week after my surgery! May everyone's tomorrow be filled with happiness and blessings!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  7:24:27 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Megan. Sometimes there is no place to voice the sadness and I need to get it out somehow.
Good luck with the surgery. You'll find it won't be bad. It's the unknown that is scary. But I know you'll do great. Just have lots of things to do to keep yourself busy..when you are stuck on your bottom.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  8:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Bunny...Maybe you will be able to stay in the area. Check and see if your state will train you for something. I know alot of nursing homes will train you to be a CNA and pay you while you train. It might not be what you want but you may have other options there. If you're considered displaced they may train you for other things. Keep on truckin something will pop up.

Meghan...Good luck with the surgery. The machine keeps your leg mobile so just hang in there.

Peggy...I have those sleepless nights often. I never was a good sleeper. How's your husband? He needs the kiddie bars on his bed. LOL!

Luanne...Glad your Mother was safe and you ad a good visit. Waiting for MRI results. We'll get together soon. Sometimes my posts disappear too. I give up and don't repost then!

Kristy...How are you doing? Things getting a little better for you? Glad you found us. Relax and feel the love and comfort.

Pam...Keep warm GF. 2 years ago I paid $5,600 to replace our furnace. Nothing is cheap no matter what you do.

Cherime's BD is 12/28.

Blessings and prayers for you all and remember we are never alone as long as we come to the porch.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2010 :  8:45:18 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Well, the furnace worked for a little bit but we are still smelling a slight smell of oil. We will call the repairman again. The heat exchanger is not cracked so that's good. We are staying warm and doing okay-just a little down.

Bunny-I'm thinking of ya lady. I hope that you are doing okay and things will turn around for you soon.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page