Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  4:25:57 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone. Luanne, what a way to top off a wonderful day... car troubles. I'm glad you were able to get home ok.
Peggy, I agree with the men and Christmas. We don't do presents any more. I spend my Christmas with my 2 sons and their dad. They never want to spend their money on presents for anyone. So I decided to just stop too. I couldn't really afford it. The sad thing is they don't miss it. It is actually a relieve for them not to do anything. I feel bad for future girl friends and wives.
All they really want to do is eat and watch movies. I make the best of it.
Not much happening here. The bank is sitting on all the paperwork. They still haven't looked at the offer and are still in the process of deciding if I quality for the HAFA program. It has been over a month now and I have filled out the same forms 3 times.
My son and I decided to move all my stuff to Oregon the first break in the weather. I'll still have his bed and a TV for entertainment. I'll pack up the rest of the stuff for storage. That way when the bank says I can leave... I only have to pack my kitties and me and make the drive. He will come and get everything else for storage after I'm gone.

Darlene, thank you for the wonderful Christmas package. It was a pleasure to get something in the mail. I have been terrible this year about doing anything. I just haven't had the heart. I figure I'll catch up with birthdays when I get to my mom's and everyone will get a nonbirthday present when they least expect it. So much of my crafting stuff is scattered between here and my mom's and mostly packed up.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. I probably won't be back on until after.
Stay healthy and warm!!
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  4:37:54 PM  Show Profile
Well, the 4wheeler is down for a while. We know it blew both of the oil lines but what else was done is still unknown. The lines are gonna cost $66 to replace and until thats done we can't have the motor runnin to check anything out. I guess we'll have to try and borrow his friends 4wheeler for the storm. He has a friend with one of those RZR things with a snow plow. He offered to go with him and split the money, after gas of course, if my DH does all the shovelin and he does the plowin. That's a decent option as well, but would definitely wear DH out.

We were given a tree to decorate today and the girls are thrilled. We weren't able to buy one this year and were puttin the presents under the piano with the stockins hangin along the top of the piano. Now we have a pretty big tree in front of the piano and my 2y/o won't let me turn the lights off!

I brought some of the candy we've been makin for everyone. There's turtles, chocolate dipped pretzels, fudge, and cranberry bark. Oh yeah! I learned how to make homemade carmel sauce! I'll leave some for drizzlin in our tea and coffee. It is so good in black tea!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  4:55:24 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hi all! I've been so busy with getting everything ready for the holiday-just know that I am thinking of each of you.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  7:35:37 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Staci for the card and the snowflake. So preeeety! We're almost done with the electrical work. We've replaced all of the old wiring and lights that were fire hazards. Even my stove had melted wires in the back. Weird. No wonder I smelled hot wires when I turned the one burner and the oven on. It was like that for a couple of months...the smell I mean. I'm so tickled to get extra lights put in too. PLUS DH surprised me yesterday with, not one, but two ceiling fans. One is for the bedroom and one is for the kitchen. As you can imagine, I was so excited I didn't know whether to squeal with delight, jump up & down, or pee. LOLOL
I'm pretty sure Mark(the handy-man)and DH are both going to get a BIG hug outta all this. I can feel it a-comin' on! LOL I'm 'bout to bust for JOY!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  11:59:55 PM  Show Profile
Judy! I never thought about a fan on the kitchen! I have to have one! I have been dyin all summer in that kitchen all last summer. We are plannin to replace the old fixture in there anyhow. It is U-G-L-Y! I want one of those ceilin fans with the lights in them now! Girl, you have made me happy with this! I can afford the ceilin fans a whole lot better than the bakers rack light we were lookin at.

I've still got about 2 days worth of work to do to get ready for the christmas eve party. I guess I'll have to get someone to take over the cookie makin. I'll see if my middle DD can handle the molasses cookies tomorrow. I'll have to talk her through it and supervise, but I'm gonna be in the kitchen finishin the candy anyhow. It's 3am here and I only have half the white chocolate done. I'm just beat.

I'm gonna go catch about 4 and a half hours sleep before my mom and sister get here to pick up a couple of food baskets to deliver for me. Goodnight everyone!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  06:55:40 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Sweet Sisters! Just have a moment to pop in and wish you all the peace of Christmas. God has blessed so many of us and is watching over every single one.
Judy - you have particularly been watched over by the sounds of your electrical issues Yea!
Angela - Thanks for the caramel syrup - just the thing for my tea.
to all of you I wish a very merry Christmas and many, many...
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Dec 22 2010 06:56:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  09:28:24 AM  Show Profile
Good morning sweet sisters,
I tell you I just have the sweetest butterflies on earth. They gave me the sweetest gifts. I have tea galore, teacups, and tea mug to go with lid. I just love them to death. We are almost getting ready to get out for vacation. I will miss them but so looking forward to vacation and down time with family and friends. dear granddaughters will be here Christmas day and my stepchildren as well. WE will have a house full but it will be wonderful. Jesus has just filled my heart with joy this week. I love and adore Him with all my heart.

I just needed to share with you sisters. You are a blessing to me and my little butterflies just made me feel so full of love that I had to bring some to the porch along with Christmas cookies and hot English Breakfast tea.

Be back later. Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  12:10:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi everybody!

Well, I'm off to Vermont in the morning and won't be back until the 28th, with no access to a computer up there, so I hope all of you have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  5:22:09 PM  Show Profile
Luanne, I got your card today. Thank you! Have a safe and fun trip and visit! Big Christmas Hug to take with you!
Angela, I'm so excited to get a fan up here in this 2nd floor kitchen.It really gets hot in summer w/o a/c. I don't care about a/c but Wow, the ceiling fan is going to make a wonderful difference. I can hardly wait. Bring on the heat! LOL
I guess all this electrical work is called "Bringing the house up to code!" Can you believe Mark(handyman) said he wasn't going to quote us a price, that we could just put whatever we could afford in an envelope for him. He said he was already here anyhow and the extra troubles we found along the way isn't our fault!I said, it is Christmas and I'm sure you can use the money too. He insists we just give him whatever! Acccckkkkk! . I don't know what the going rate is even. **help** He charged $100.00 to rewire the whole basement. Plus he's going to texture the kitchen ceiling tomorrow so I can paint it after Christmas. And he's coming back in Spring to show me how to texture the L-room walls and to do some chimney work for us. He's a worker....oh....and we still feed him too. hahaha He's like the brother I never had. LOL But seriously, I don't know what to pay him. Any ideas?

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  6:04:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! As I'm now on break for the next week and a half, I have more time to sit with my sisters:)
Angela, that's so cute about your 2 year old:)
Judy, that's crazy; melted wires behind your stove?! Home problems make me think of all the bad things I hear on Holmes on Homes when he goes to places where the owners paid the contractor took the money and never finished the job or just did it halfway.
Staci, I received your ornament and card today. Thank you so much, and I hope you have a great Christmas season:)
Tammy, that's one of my favorite parts of being a student: giving gifts to my teachers!
Luanne, have fun on your trip!
Well, over the past few days I have had some major milestones with my knee. Today I just am starting to be able to lift up my leg without any help. I also started physical therapy yesterday, which I will be going to twice a week until further notice. I'm just so happy to be making progress! What a real Christmas blessing for me! Sorry, I'm just so happy But aside from that, I also have to study for semester exams/finals, which are a week after I get back to school on the 3rd. But it's never too early, and I would like to be prepared. May your tomorrows be filled with holiday joy and happiness!
God's and Holiday's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  7:35:04 PM  Show Profile
I made some homemade butterscotch sauce tonight. It turned out really good. My girls have already gone through half a jar and I made it for my hubby who's still not gotten a taste! I snuck a jar out here to the porch for you Ladies. I'll leave some pretzels for dippin.

I'm off to answer the oven timer! I'm bakin cookies!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

smw5011
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Sharon
Millers Maryland
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  8:46:45 PM  Show Profile
Hello porch sisters. I haven't been on in a few days and I feel really behind. Got a lot of catchin up to do. I have enjoyed your stories and am praying for your needs.

Well, I have good news and bad news. Bad news...the other 3 heifers broke down the fence and escaped on Friday. We had 4 cows roaming through neighborhoods, across busy streets and in the woods. We have literally been searching since last Wednesday. We have met so many new people and have appreciated the way the community came together to help us. It is a very long story and I wish I could share it all.

Good news...today we brought home the last of the missing Bovine Sisters! We hired a professional wrangler to help us and he has taught us so much. One thing he told us is that we might want to reconsider using them for beef. He said they would make excellent breeders and that he will walk us through all that when the time comes.

My husband, Mark, said that if we recovered all 4 it would truly be a miracle. Well, God is still in the business of doing miracles. We praise the Lord because there were no injuries or damages during their little vacation.

Well, gotta go. Need my sleep before driving the school bus.

God Bless You All,
Sharon
Farmgirl Sister #2377

The journey of 1,000 miles begins with the first step.
Go to Top of Page

smw5011
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Sharon
Millers Maryland
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  9:03:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh, how could I forget? Thank you, Darlene, for the beautiful cross ornament! My girls are so excited about the swap that they want to start one among their friends.

Speaking of my girls, let me introduce you to them:

Hannah is 15 and learning to drive. She loves to cook, organize and do crafts. Her desire is to help people live a healthy lifestyle.
Sarah is 14. She is funny and creative. She likes to write children's stories and hopes to have them published some day. Her desire is to be a missionary to Bhutan, Lord willing.
Abigail is 11. She is helpful and very persistant. She loves to pretend she is back in the Little House on the Prairie days and plays with her dolls. Then she can turn around and play with spy gear and nerf guns. Go figure!

Mark and I have been married for 22 years, and we homeschool our girls. Mark is self employed in the roofing and remodeling business. We live in a 150 year old log cabin (with additions) on a 13 acre farm. We have chickens, turkeys, bees, guineas, goats and cows. Oh, and 3 cats.

Gotta stoke the fires before bed.

Blessings,
Sharon

The journey of 1,000 miles begins with the first step.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  05:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Sisters...Please pray for Jackie my angle Beagle. She has had a crisis with her eyes again. We were at 2 different vets yesturday and got home @ 1:30 am. She stayed and had a procedure done. We are going o pick her up now and take her to near Philadelphia to see her Opthalmologist. Pleas pray tha her pressure stays down in her eyes so we don't need any further surgery. Thanks in advance. Merry Christmas and safe comings and goings.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  08:19:30 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, I'll be praying for Jackie and you as well.
Sharon, it's nice to learn more about you and I'm glad you were able to get the cows home.
Thank you Luanne and Pam for the Christmas wishes and ornament!
I'm praying for a safe and uneventful trip for you this time Luanne.

Dear porch sisters, if I don't make it back til next week please know that I'm holding you all in my heart. Merry Christmas!
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Dec 23 2010 08:21:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  8:26:33 PM  Show Profile
I've gotten everyone on my prayer list. I'll be passin it on to my family tomorrow.

I have a mess of a kitchen! I have candy bagged up and stacked all over the place, cookies in bags and on plates everywhere, and a peppermint cake coolin on the counter. I will ice it in the mornin. I am workin to have everything ready to go by noon tomorrow. I still have to finish the baggin process and then get everyones stuff labeled and in the boxes for deliverin.

My DH is droppin off 4 candy packs and 5 cards on his way home in the mornin. Then it's showers and lunch and loadin up the truck to head out for parties and drop offs. We should see home about 9-ish. Just in time to prep for Santa and maybe see bed before midnight.

Well, I'm off and running for the finish line!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS!!!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  11:55:51 PM  Show Profile
MerryChristmasPorchies...we are counting down the hours at our house! I hope you are all as excited as we are to Share Christmas with our loved ones in Celebration of Jesus Birthday! There is nothing better than Family and Friends to rejoice with. ~ I just found out that my little Grand-daughter Madeline may come from Seattle and stay with us next week for a couple of days and one night. This will be a first for us having her at our house. I am excited about that! ~ Then my husband just offered to have someone come in and clean the house for me occassionally to help me out...since I can't deep clean like I use to. That will be a blessing if I can actually just let go and let her do it. My tendency is to want to clean the house good before she gets here...which would defeat the purpose. I loved that he wants to get me some help because he does nothing at home to help except make messes but in all fairness he does work all day. So bless his heart for being willing to pay somebody!

Well, I'm off for the night. I am totally ready for Christmas and my heart has prepared HIM room!

Love and Hugs,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 24 2010 12:10:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2010 :  07:50:19 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Merry Christmas eve everyone! I am hoping that everyone is gearing up for a wonderful holiday. Staci-thank you for the wonderful card and beautiful ornament. It's so sparkly! ;) All of you are in my thoughts and prayers during this special time. I am so blessed to have you in my life and that is the best present ever! Well, that and the chocolate. LOL!

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2010 :  09:06:51 AM  Show Profile
merry Christmas my sweet sisters. Praying you are blessed by His love and filled with joy with dear family and friends.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2010 :  05:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
A Very Merry Christmas my Porch Sisters.

Staci...Thank you for my red sparkly ornament. I love it and red is my favorite color!

Pam...Thank you for my lovely angel ornament, I love her and she is on my all angel tree.

Think we have Jackie's eye crisis under control and progressing well. I won't go into detail but I hope we never have to do it again. The specialist said the other specialist gave her the wrong med and it put her into the crisis.
Jesus is in control!

Have a Blessed and Peaceful Christmas.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2010 :  06:51:56 AM  Show Profile
Just stopped by to wish my new sisters a Merry Christmas. Fresh cinnamon rolls are in the oven if anybody would like some. Mimosas will be forthcoming :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2010 :  08:02:37 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Merry Christmas everyone!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2010 :  12:09:43 PM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas My Porchies! Love you All!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2010 :  3:36:16 PM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas Sistas! Peace and Joy to you all!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2010 :  11:38:55 PM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas!
God's and Christmas's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page