Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  7:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Theresa~ Those kitties are pretty as can be! I bet they do cause some mischief! LOL

Peggy~ Your Bella is so precious! Hope your team won.

Angela~ What a handy dandy hubby you got there!

Bunny~ What a darling helper you have!

I actually wound up with the day off. No sooner than I signed off this morning, my client called to say "nevermind today." So I spent the day running errands. Honey Man had to take his truck in to get the 4-wheel drive fixed and heaven forbid he have to sit and wait at the garage. So I came to his rescue. LOL Then of course the usual- groceries, bills, goodwill... We came home for a couple of hours after school, then off again. Took the younger two to their dad's to hang out with him while me and dd went to work the concession stand for the basketball games. 3 hours of standing on our feet. DD's crying my feet and knees hurt. Poor kid. Now I think she understands why I want her to go further in her education and get a good job. Calling for snow tonight. Somewhere between 2-5 inches. I would just assume have NONE! I am just not a cold weather kinda gal.

Well ladybugs it is bedtime. Snow or no snow I have to be up early and off to work in the morning.
Have a goodnight!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  12:54:12 AM  Show Profile
Melanie...I checked out your blog and you daughter and dogs are all Adorable! Your house looks like a cute project to work on too! Is it just a two story? Looks like some great potential to be a real farm bungalow or cottage. Hey, did you all see the Sweet Cottage in MJF this Month??? Oh my goodness...I just want to move right in and sit a spell. Just me all by my lonesome! That is a beautiful Place to Escape to that is for sure!

Bunny...I love that picture of your kitty in your purse. I remember seeing that on your blog and getting a kick out of it!

Angela...I swear girl you are going to give me a heart attack worrying about you heading for another heart attack! You push yourself way too much! I hope that you are taking at least 1/2 hr to an hour everyday and resting on your bed or sofa (whether you sleep or not) and doing nothing but being "Still Before The Lord". I am really serious!! Heart disease runs in my family and I know the warning signs for it. And not many people as young as you are have had a heart attack (or even a heart event) like you have. You need to slow way down...and not allow yourself to get so worked up over things. I can see your family already headed for taken advantage of you again this year. Really you must think of yourself and your immediate little family first and foremost. Sorry, if it seems like I am sticken my nose where it doesn't belong but I seriously am worried about you. I have some major heart issues myself and am facing surgery in the next month or two...and I have never even had a heart attack...but I have had to have my heart stopped and re-started twice and that was scary enough to cause me to get something done about it. STRESS plays a huge role in heart disease. You seriously need to learn to meditate or even better just learn deep breathing and relaxation techniques and do them daily with-out fail. We want you to be around for years for those girls of yours, your hubby and to keep being here on The Porch with all of your Sisters! OK, I'm stepping down off of my Soap Box Now! Let's both take a deep breath and now exhale....

Hi Pam...what have you been up to girl? Do you think we will get snow today and Wednesday? I'm not too sure! I think the weather guys get us all hyped up for it and then we never get it...and I wouldn't mind a couple of days of it...just so we could say we had some this winter. LOL

Well, I just found out tonight that my little Miss Madeline is going to have a Baby Sister come June. So, we are all happy and baby is doing fine so far. Since I had all boys...it is going to be fun to have all grand-daughters (so far anyway) to spoil. This Grandmama is very happy! I love buying girls clothes and toys!

Well, Miss Bella needs to go out one more time before bed...so, I am off of here. And NO my Oregon Ducks lost the Football game by 3 points. But it was a good game. They gave it their all and came from behind to tie it up for a little bit. It was pretty exciting! Both teams were pretty equally matched! You can't ask for more than that!!

A Thought for today:Wherever you go, go with all your heart.

Sweet Dreams,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 11 2011 01:08:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  04:10:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone -

Just a quick update. We brought BF home over the weekend, and he did pretty good on Sunday and yesterday AM. Last night his feet started swelling again, so this AM we will be calling the doctor to see what the next step is. Apparently he is filling back up with fluid even though he is on the medications and strictly following his diet regimen. Please continue to keep him in your prayers, and if you have an extra, say one for me too. I got a call last night that my Mom in Vermont is also having health problems again - I am so torn between wanting to be with her (300 miles away from here) and being with my love here. I'll keep you updated when I get near a computer again.

Thanks again for all the thoughts & prayers.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  06:08:23 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Luanne~ Sending extra prayers for you and your family. {{HUGS}}

Peggy~ My mom thinks I play favorites with my kiddos. My youngest is the one you see the most on my blog and facebook, but that's because she loves the camera more than the other two. LOL She loves clowning around! The house is a big job but we are having lots of fun with it. It is a two story. The upstairs is being remodeled into three bedrooms for the kids. One room is closer to being done. Yippeee!!! We do have a small cellar. It's in rough shape and seems to be a nesting place for "spider crickets." I don't know what they really are. Something super ugly that looks like a cross between a brown spider and a cricket. eeeewwwww I haven't seen the new issue yet. Still haven't ordered my subscription so I'll have to wait for Tractor Supply to put it out. One of these days though I'm gonna treat myself! :)

Well gals I have another day off work! Seems Old Man Winter was more generous than usual with the snow last night. It is still coming down. The weather man says we may get about 5 inches. eeewwwww My sis said there are slide offs everywhere. And since I have to get the kids out too, I decided we're safer at home even though we don't have far to go. Hopefully tomorrow it will all be gone. Wishful thinking I know. LOL Good thing I found some books at the goodwill yesterday. I think I will snuggle up on the couch later. I think I will start with The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer My Life at Rose Red. It's one of the creepy ones. I like them every once in awhile.

Have a good day! Hope you all are staying warm!

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  06:28:30 AM  Show Profile
Tammy - Just ordered some of that Choc Raspberry Truffle tea and some White Choc Spiced Chai. The site has a coupon code for 10% off through the 17th for any that are interested. I might buy the Christmas sampler next. The pecan pie tea in that sounds delicious. Might have to make some cookies to have ready for when these arrive.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  06:57:57 AM  Show Profile
Melanie - that storm is supposed to hit up here in Michigan later this afternoon. Looks like my drive home from work will be messy. The man said he'd have supper ready since he's expecting the drive to take me possibly an extra hour to get home. Not looking forward to that :O/ Hopefully after I get home I'll get a chance to curl up on the couch to relax.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  08:40:00 AM  Show Profile
Well, I'm snowed in here for a while. We got about 6 inches last night! It's still snowin and the worst of the storm isn't supposed to get here till about 2! I guess that makes it a good day for oatmeal. I have a pot simmerin on the stove with cranberries and coconut in it. I love it that way. My Hubby got back from michigan on time this mornin, but he said it's gonna take twice as long as normal to make it home. I worry about him drivin that semitruck in this weather.

Luanne, I will keep you, your BF, and your mom in my prayers. Keep us updated Girl!

Peggy, I am doin alot, but I take more frequent small breaks durin the day than I used to. I try to sit and watch my favorite show every week night, 'Who's The Boss?', and it's on from 6-8! I get 4 episodes and 2 hours snuggled on the couch with my coffe and whatever yummy my Hubby has whipped up. It's pretty nice. I don't think you're stickin your nose in at all. It's comfortin to know people think and care about you. I really do feel loved on the porch and I really do love you Ladies as well.

I got to do something last night that I've been wantin to do since thanksgiving. My freezers became a piled up, thrown around, unusable mess with all the prep and cookin invovled in that big of a meal. It was really botherin me. So I used the great big outdoor freezer and a bunch of cardboard boxes to clean it out. I then melted out the 3 inches of ice from the upright and put things away in an organized fashion. I found out I had 2 shelves and the wire basket in the bottom full of meat, and that doesn't include the 3 turkeys I was given!

I have been workin on my meal plans for the next 4-6 weeks. I'm gonna spend my mornin restin and plannin out my menus with a big bowl of oatmeal. I have plenty to share! Grab a bowl and you might suggest any good chicken recipes you have. I have 12 whole chickens and 5 packages of it cut up!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?

Edited by - natesgirl on Jan 11 2011 08:40:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  11:11:47 AM  Show Profile
Well it's 1PM and we're snuggled in here watching a cowboy, J. Wayne movie and waiting for the snow storm to hit. It just started spittin. I have a roast, potatoes and carrots in the crockpot. Mmmmm, smells heaavenly in here. Gonna whip up some biscuits later to go with it. Gotta have something to sop up all those good juices.
We still need 3 more "TeaBags" to sign up. Aug, Nov & Dec. Where are all our tea-lovers? Are some of us going to have to double up on months just so we can get this show on the road? Don't make me come out there! LOL How about, everybody who has already signed up, go ahead and e-mail me your addresses and I'll start sending out my tea to ya'll.
I so glad we finally heard from Luann. I too was getting worried. You and yours are in my prayers girl.
I loved all the cute pet pics. So sweet.
The oatmeal with cranberries & coconut sounds yummy. I've not tried that combo yet. DH is allergic to coconut.TY for sharin!
I looked thru all those teas on that site tea-lady Tammy sent us. WOW! That's-a-lotta-tea! I'm so gonna go broke on that site. LOL
I think I'll buy a lot of sample sizes and find a couple of new favs that way.
Woohoooo...way to go Angela.Get organized girl. LOL That is a lot of chicken'n dumplins you got there.
Well Girls, stay in, stay warm, and be safe.
Lots of love & prayers coming your way!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  11:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I thought I'd come out and take a break on the porch with ya'll for a bit. I have some puppy chow the kids and I made to snack on this morning. There's lots to go around. I have been doing some laundry (seems like I just did laundry), cleaned the bathroom and did the dishes. Dad stopped in and shoveled the walk and put some salt down. Please be extra careful Tammy. I've heard it's supposed to get worse the farther north you go so be careful! I did a little reading and started on a scarf. i found this really pretty pink and red yarn yesterday. Now I'm not really a pink kinda gal, but when a color or a flower "talks" to me, I have to pick it up and do something with it. I should have the long part of the scarf done by either tonight or sometime tomorrow. I'd like to do a scalloped edge around the scarf so I need to go hunting for some instructions on how to do that. I guess it would help if I'd use a pattern. LOL

Well time to get back at it. See ya'll later!
Hugs~ Melanie

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  12:12:14 PM  Show Profile
Angela - have to agree with you there's nothing like a tidy freezer. I would get out of sorts when the ex use to go through it and mess up the boxes and baskets I had in it. THe weird thing was the kids kept it tidy to because they liked to be able to find what they wanted quickly. I'd really like to get an upright now so its easier to organize and keep organized.

Judy - I'm in agreement about that tea website - I'm going to have to be careful I don't blow my budget stocking up on yummy teas. I figure if I buy a couple a month I should be able to get a good asortment without blowing the budget.

My office is perpetually cold even in the summer (think its colder actually in the summer then it is now)so I'm thinking about making up a cup of candy cane cocoa. I had some at Bob Evans and thought it it was so good. A couple days later I stopped in to Walmarts to pick something up and was just browsing and they had a canister of it. It actually has bits of candy cane in it although they melt quickly. I haven't found anything similiar in any other stores.

The office is slow today so I've gotten a bit of knitting done on my new pair of socks. I'm still translating the graph into knitting instructions, which are easier for me to follow, so I can't work too fast.

The snow has started and there's a thin covering over everything now. If it wasn't for the fact I have to drive home with the nutcases it would be pretty and cozy to curl up someplace and just watch it. I work for the Army and they're already sending out advisory emails now telling us to leave early if we need to and that's rare. Hopefully I'll get some time to visit after I get home tonight.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  1:07:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
I see we have been chatty. I ended up having no school today. The winds and severe cold kept us home another day. With 10 inches of snow the wind can wreck havoc. I am sure tomorrow the little butterflies and I will have school. So I made cookies and homemade bread to go with supper. I have been working on a quilt that is near finished. I need to put binding on it.

Ladies I have some more tea sites that are favorites of mine but I think I better let yall recover from the first one. Yall are cracking me up.

Well I will check in later. Going to have some tea and curl up with a book before supper.

love to you all
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  1:16:42 PM  Show Profile
Be very careful when you do leave Tammy.It's slippery on our side streets and the road crews haven't even been around here. We gotten about an inch an hour. The flakes are so tiny BUT they must be part ice. Peppermint cocoa. That sounds great. I may have to make a cup of plain cocoa and crush up a mint candy into it. Well I went on the Tea site and spent about $40.00 of my Christmas money. But it's money well-spent... in humble my opinion. LOL We both love tea. Plus I'll share some with my Sister. I did the sample sizes, so the money went a long way. Now I can't wait until it comes. My tea cart was getting low...but soon it'll be well stocked. Then when you gals send me your teas....weeeeee....."drink tea and pee!" LOLOL oooo, puppy-chow to go with my tea.GREAT!
CUL8RLEG8R!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  1:42:09 PM  Show Profile
All this talk of tea has me and my Hubby gigglin! I just have to share!

You all heard of the old Indian who died from tea? Right?

He drank 2 gallons of tea in one day and that night he drowned in his Tea Pee!!

LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Edited by - natesgirl on Jan 11 2011 1:42:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  1:59:23 PM  Show Profile
OH ANGELA, that's bad!!! Fell on the floor laughing!!!

Everyones babies are just so cute. I am as much a dog fan as I am a kitten fan. Oh heck, I just love them all!! My hubby says that if it was up to me we would have a zoo and I guess that is about right. Guess it comes from being raised on a ranch.

hope everyone is staying warm. Not as much snow here as they said was coming, but more tonight. Everyone take care and be careful if you have to go out.

hugs to all

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  2:10:55 PM  Show Profile
I need Addresses for Sharon and Dianne. January Ornaments ready to go out in the mail.

Angela...that joke was hysterical!

Tammy...I ordered some tea from Culinary Teas. Bet you can guess the two I ordered plus I ordered
one of the Samplers.

More later...two more mailers to stuff for the ornament exchange.

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  4:24:07 PM  Show Profile
Angela-LOL!!!!

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  4:25:52 PM  Show Profile
hi porchies
haven't been here in awhile
and miss you all.. i brought some
hot mulled cider and apple cinn muffins
we are getting ready for another
hard hitting snow storm..kind of happy
since it means my MIL can't come visit!!!!LOL
i'm very bad..
but with all this snow i'll be so busy shoveling out
peggy ann i love tea let me know if they are good.
blessings deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  4:31:55 PM  Show Profile
Deborah!! Your bad!! LOL!! I was thinkin the same thing this mornin! I saw the snow and thought, well, she won't be walkin up the hill today. So I didn't have to get dressed and pick up the kids toys today. Guess what! I didn't! I'm still in my bathrobe and the livin room floor is a minefield!

I love it!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  4:38:30 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
ROFLMBO!!! Good one Angela! I told my daughter. She didn't get it. LOL
To hear ya'll talk about your MIL's makes me glad I don't have one. Hahahahaha

Hugs~ Melanie

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  5:08:13 PM  Show Profile
Angela- I forgot to mention, we've been preparing for the rising food prices for about a year. That and cotton. We've been slowly storing food and I've been trying to buy the kid's clothes for years in advance when stuff was on sale. We have also bought a bunch of non-hybrid seed and started a decent size garden. I can't wait 'till we can move to our place in Idaho so that I can have a huge garden! Got the new MJF magazine yesterday and now I want to do one of those little cottages featured in one article! It's so cute!!

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  5:37:55 PM  Show Profile
LOVED the tea joke. Gonna have to remember it.
Deb, would you like to join the tea swap? I have Aug, Nov & Dec left.
Thanks to the girls that have sent me their addresses so far.I have Darlene, Melanie, Peggy and Dana.
I enjoyed the MIL comments. I love weather like this too. If I don't feel like getting dressed, I don't either. *giggle* It's nice to feel warm and snuggly...and watch it snow.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  6:16:55 PM  Show Profile
Judy, did I send you my address yet? Good gracious me if I haven't let me know. My brain is a bit filled with snow.

angela~i laughed my head off at that joke. I loved it...heheheh

Peggy I am sure I know what you ordered for tea...hmmm that means I will have to surprise you with something different from a differnt shop I like...oh I so love this whole tea swap thing.

Well living in the country here the roads are not all that great but hubby thinks we can get to the hightway tomorrow with his truck. Van would not make it. so he is driving...I am like as long as we have heat I am good. The high tomorrow is supposed to be 7. Will make for a fast walk to lunch. We eat lunch at the catholic school two blocks from ours. But I hate walking when it si so cold with my little butterflies.

I have a pot of chili ready for tomorrow's supper. So my kitchen should smell heavenely when I get home tomorrow.

Well I am off for some tea and bit of reading. I actually do have to get up tomorrow.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  03:50:29 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All! Sorry to be away from the porch for so long but I've been too busy at work (college classes start next week). I did get Tammy's email and I would be happy to do the tea swap in November (a gentle reminder before then would help!). Peg, I'll email you my address. And Luanne, I am praying for your BF, Mom and especially YOU! We have a snow day today (ie, "sew day"), so I'm off to create. Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  08:23:21 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning! We have another snow day! Maybe I will make my mail art today. :)
I have a prayer request ladies. There was a fire at the apartment complex I clean for yesterday. A resident left a cigerette burning on a table next to the tp in the bathroom. She is in ICU. I hear she is breathing some on her own. 6 others were evacuated due to smoke and water damage. I don't know all the details, but please say a little prayer for everyone there.

Well gals I need to go get busy. I slept in till 10am. Oooooo I haven't done that in ages!

Hugs~ Melanie

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  08:26:14 AM  Show Profile
I got home safely last night. Took me 2.5 hours (normally 35 minutes). Traffic on the freeways was moving only 10-15mph. Surprisingly I didn't see any accidents or spinoffs, which is a good thing. This morning it took me an extra 30 minutes to get into work and as typical for people they were driving way to fast and accidents and spinoffs were occurring. Does anybody else find driving in weather like this exhausting? I'm like totally drained.

The man made me some hibiscus tea before bed last night. Hibiscus tea is good for blood pressure so I thought it would be a good one to sip on last night.

My son stayed up way to late last night hoping school would be cancelled and he's paying for it now since none of the schools in our district were cancelled. The follies of youth.

Since the roads are nasty still I brought some of last night's leftovers (mac & cheese and green beans) for lunch and a sliced apple with carmel sauce for dipping. Hopefully the phones will remain quiet so I can read some back issues of MJF that I just got in the mail :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page