Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  09:09:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. This year has started off with a bang me me. Sorry to have been so disconnected but.... I haven't even had a chance to do any sewing, jewelery or much of anything. I got the grant reports out. Then my truck had a speedometer problem which turned out to be a major item to the tune of $600, the money I was saving to fill the fuel tank one more time. What really bothered me about it was the cavalier attitude of Chevy. If you were under 70K mile they would fix it otherwise you pay. I looked on the internet and a whole bunch of Chevy and GMC models have the same problem but it's not a recall. I decided to look around and see if it might be possible to sell it on Craig's list and then get something a bit newer and with fewer miles. Went into Anchorage last Friday and came home with a Toyota Tundra with 17K miles and the new car warranty still good. Even got to pray for the salesman. I thought that was what I was there for but God had other ideas. Of course I am going to have to be a mite closer with the funds than previously am trusting in Him for what comes next. On top of all that our little non-profit is having an emergency board meeting tonight as the homeless coalition in the Valley wants to know if we will step in and take over from them since we have a 501(c)(3) and they do not. If we do this we are going to need a whole lot of help from God and those we are looking for him to send our way. PHEW! Hit the ground running in 2011.
So hugs to all you lovely ladies and God Bless!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  09:34:39 AM  Show Profile
So much going on with the weather for all you eastern ladies. It has actually warmed up nice here in Sunny California. It's almost 55 during the day and only down to the low 30's a night. Don't worry, it will get colder. Late January and February can be really cold.
Had an interesting day yesterday. I felt lousy all day and was worried the strep was coming back. So I called the doctors office and was able to actually get in yesterday. When I went in last week my blood pressure was... well bad. So when the doctor came in yesterday he thought his office had called me in. In other words, universe was telling me to get to the doctor or else. So he gave me an ekg.. came out fine but put me on a really cheap blood pressure medicine and I have to go back for a checkup on Thursday. He said he wouldn't charge me because I don't have any insurance or job right now. Wonderful Dr! Anyway, I must have looked pretty bad ( felt terrible because of still being sick). I went to the grocery store and the clerk asked me if I got a senior discount. The age for that to start at this store is 60 years old. I'm 53. Nice to know I had aged 7 years wile being sick. Hopefully I can drop those years back off when I start to feel better again.
I had some people look at the house today. They were the family that owns the Mexican restaurant in town. If anyone can afford this house it's them. They re probably one of the few businesses in town doing well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I also have someone coming to look at my old lexus to buy. I bought it from my xfather-in-law for my youngest son. But he hasn't made any effort to get a drivers license and I need the money. So, off it goes.
Later for now... stay save and warm.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  10:23:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies...
boy have I missed you all. Got into a funk and am clawing my way out. It's been such a busy porch I'm still reading to catch up.
Can only stay a bit but wanted to give a shout out to the new porchie sisters - Welcome!
Luanne - I'm praying for your honey and your mom -hope there are improvements for both of them.
Pam - I'm glad you liked the scones. I'm going to be working on new flavors for a spring craft show. Any suggestions?..
Bunny - I'm glad our wintry weather is helping you feel warmer and I'm praying for your house situation.
Judy - I'd like to join the tea swap - August if it's still available.
Tammy - praying that your mom's pneumonia is passing.
Angela - how are your grandparents doing? I hope your grandmother's hip is healing well.
We are still in need of prayers for my DH to find a job that he enjoys and is good for our family. My DS is in need of prayers - I just checked his grades online and he has been lying to me about homework and is failing his English class. He's a senior and a gifted student but he's always hated writing. He is a great kid but this has been an issue for us the past year or two. So keep us in your prayers and if you hear of a sonic boom in PA - it's just me bringin' the hammer down. (The failing grade and lack of trying are one thing but I can't stand the lying.) thx

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Jan 12 2011 10:29:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  10:54:19 AM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy (got to keep you two Tammy's straight here)...I think you can probably send me any of the teas you drink and I would be a happy camper. Even if I had ordered the same ones. Lol I loved all the selections that web site had on it. But the postage was worse than the cost of their teas. I wish I could boycott the Post Office and UPS... but they got us but good! I don't complain at all about the cost of a letter...but any packages you send are just getting insane. OK, Down off My Soap Box.

(Rose Fairie) Tammy...wow what a long commute home. I remember times like that when I worked 25 minutes away and it would take me a couple hours to get home...but usually here from accidents or grass fires along the freeway. Here if we get snow...the whole area about closes down because nobody around here knows how to drive in snow. I learned to drive in snow in Spokane, WA where they get a lot some winters...so it doesn't bother me.

Cherime...it does sound like you are running fast to keep up with yourself! Glad you got a new vehicle...were you able to trade in the old one? Seems like they should have had a recall on that if so many people are having the same problems with it. Oh well, praying God's provisions for you!

Melanie...I was thinking about doing mail-art today too! We don't have snow but I started part of my mail-art the other night and have 3/4 left to do. My problem is...I think my brain is switching gears on me...to a completely different idea. Do you ever have that happen?

Luanne...we continue to pray for your Sweetie and you, your mom and all the extended family too. Keep us posted!

Bunny...I had to laugh at your aging 7 years because you feel sooo sick. I hope you took the senior discount anyway! lol I am not surprised that your blood pressure is really high with all the STRESS the Bank is putting you through. Good grief! Praying for you Cabin and your Lexus to sell. Hang in there girl it's gotta get better soon.

Dianne...Thanks for sending your address. The ornaments will go out tomorrow or the next day. Going to the Post Office isn't easy for me with no car (have to depend on DH)...so want all mail to go out at the same time...as he has a habit of sometimes carrying the mail around in the car with him for days.

Staci...what is it with the Senior Year Thing? My youngest son (also one smart kid) almost didn't graduate on time because of a girl who came into his life at that time. He basically lied by omission. But back then you couldn't go on-line and check with Teachers...nor did any of his Teachers contact us that he was skipping school with this girl and his grades had drastically plummeted. We didn't find out until the last quarter of his Senior Year. Because He is a smart kid...He kicked it into High Gear and pulled himself out of the mess he had created for himself and did manage to graduate with Honors. He has always been one that IF you tell him he can't accomplish the impossible...he will show you just how wrong you are. So, when the Principle and Teachers told him he wasn't going to Graduate with his class...He said, "Watch Me!" and he did. KIDS... God Love 'Em!

I haven't seen Sharon on here for awhile...so I think I need to go find her...so, I can get her address.

Have a Beautiful Day Whatever You Are Doing Today!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 12 2011 11:07:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  11:24:50 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I had this idea all painted out in my brain of what I wanted to do for my mail art. Went to the store to get a couple of supplies. I was standing there trying to remember what I was doing and what I needed and the whole idea just went POOF! I hate it when that happens. Maybe something better will come along once I get everything drug out. :)

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  11:56:49 AM  Show Profile
Judy, am thinking I would break down and join the tea swap. I'm just so afraid of where I'll be next December. My life isn't very steady right now. If you are game, I'm willing to take December. Hopefully my life will be wonderfully settled by then and it won't be a big deal. I'll send you my address today.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  12:17:49 PM  Show Profile
Staci...where have you been girl...I've missed you. Good to hear from you. August is yours for the tea swap. If you still live in Newville, then I still have your address from our christmas card swap. Sonic boom...too funny! I'm right next door to ya, I'll feel the vibrations. Will keep DH&DS in my prayers.
Cherime...I was getting ready to e-mail you too, after I looked back and saw how long it had been since you had been on here. Sorry about your rush into 2011, but you have a new(er) car to show for it. Hope you like it. I will keep your situation in my prayers.
Bunny...you made me LOL. 60 huh? Hey I've had those kind of days too,especially after my bout with bronchitis in November.I looked in the mirror and thought, "WHO is THAT?" LOLOL Hey, that's why I'm the "TeaBag" host for January. hahaha Well...if the name fits..... *snicker*
Ok it's been 1 week since I came up with the "TeaBags" idea for a tea swap. We have (1) more month to fill in, December! I do have one volunteer to double up on months, but December is a full month for all of us already, let alone have this poor but sweet girl double up. C'mon girls, I'll give you until the 15th. Then I have to move on. I do have a MJFarmgirl address book with a lot of your addresses already in it, but a few I still need. I'll e-mail you for them.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  12:24:57 PM  Show Profile
WOW! Bunny, we were just on the same Thought-trak!" Sure you can join. If you find that you can't later on, just tell me and I'll fill in for you. How's that sound? That way you won't feel so stressed about it.
ALL-RIGHT.... as the Hostess of January for the "TeaBags"... we can start swapping now girls.We have our Year-In-Tea all filled out! After I get 3 more addresses, We Are On!!! I'm so excited! :P

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  12:44:57 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Staci! It's so good to see you here! I've missed you! I hope you are doing well right now and let me know if you need to talk, vent or just giggle.

Work has been really busy since the other person left. It's been good but busy. I'm looking for a part time job to help get my savings back up and go to Chicago in the fall for my friend's wedding. We got our big "snow storm" yesterday for all of 1 hour and then it turned to good ol' liquid sunshine.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  1:08:58 PM  Show Profile
Judy,
do we get a list of who we are to send tea to during our month. I was thinking did I miss that? I probably did. if I understand we send out to the other 11 correct...please help my brain...it is still filled snow

time to let the butterflies loose be back later to find out

love to you
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  2:09:32 PM  Show Profile
Dana... I seen your post about storin food. Good for you! I found out my grandparents have been doin that a little. I wish I could make sure they do more, but we can only do what we can. They store any extra they have each month out of sight and only dip into it if they don't have enough one month. It will get better this summer when I can send out garden produce, then they can put up canned goods a lot more. I agree a big garden is the best! I love my big garden! I have had whole weeks where I only buy bread and milk. My family will eat salads and vege only dinners and love them, so far as they are from the garden.

Cherime... You have been super busy Girl! I hope things work out the way you'd like. I'll add you to my prayer list for a little extra help from The Big Guy!

Bunny...What a great Dr! I laughed at your comment on aging! My DH and I had a pic of us in the local paper for our wedding announcement. I had more than a few people ask me if he was older than me. I finally asked them why. They said he looked like he was in his 40's! I was 20 and he was 23! I nearly laughed myself to death to teasin him for lookin so old! He still grumps when someone asks him if he's older than me. LOL!

Staci...I will add you to my prayer list for sure. I forgot to post when I got info on my grandma. Sorry. She is goin through physical therapy. She was able to walk to lunch and dinner with only a walker and no assistance from the therapist! She is doin great, but has one therapist that is afraid of her. The poor woman said that grandma yelled at her and it was very intimidating! I have been on the recievin end of grandma wrath and it's not fun. She can suddenly seem 10 foot tall and as wide as a barn! Then she calms down and she's that tiny 5 foot tall, 100 pound woman who looks as if she'd snap in two if you hugged her too tight. She's really something.

I have 3 kinds of lettuce, a total of 54 plants, and 2 tiny carrot sprouts poppin up in our greenhouse! I'm lovin it! I will be eatin fresh salad in a few weeks and wishin for the ground to thaw. I enjoy havin an outlet for my growin habit, but a little is never enough for me. I swear I just live for spring!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  6:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like everyone's had a busy day. :) I never did get around to creating my mail art. I've been camped out on the couch or in the bed finishing the scarf I started yesterday. Ta-Dah! It's done! The kiddos are going back to school tomorrow, but on a two-hour delay. YAY! We love each other very much but a 5 day weekend is long enough. LOL I've kind of enjoyed my mini-vacation from work too.

Have a good night all!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  6:38:13 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Very pretty! I like the colors.

Do we have a list anywhere for the ornament and tea swap?

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  6:51:51 PM  Show Profile
Love the colors Melanie. Beautiful! I made it home much easier than to school this morning. Our roads finally got plowed. But boy is it cold. I think a high of 22 tomrrow will feel like a heatwave. Time for some tea and finish up my story The Recipe Club.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

HookAngel
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Bren
CA
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  7:53:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi I am fairly new here... can I join you all on the front porch?? I long for a porch swing community to retire in someday out of the rat race!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  8:03:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! I am back. Exams are done, and I am ready for my long 5 day weekend! I think I rocked them, and now I wait for what my grades are. I'm just glad to be back in the regular world where studying does not rule my life!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  8:18:35 PM  Show Profile
HookAngel...Of course you're welcome to join! We always have room on the porch! This is the place we come to for people to laugh, cry, talk, and hang out with. We solve the worlds problems, fix each others lives, and talk about everything under the sun. We share our favorite goodies and drinks, and everything on the porch is calorie free!! I almost forgot! This is the best place to dream and scheme! You have lots of wonderful women to help you make those plans bigger and better! Welcome new Porchy!

Melanie.. That is so pretty!!

Megan...Yea!! Good to have you back!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  8:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Welcome hookangel!

Angela-I love your description-so true!

Peggy-I have been using my datebook. I love it. Each day I write something to be thankful for.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  12:57:21 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Hook Angel...do you have another name you wish us to call you by or do you want us to use your Farmgirl Name? I get a weird mental picture of an Angel hooked on a Fishing Pole. lol Non the less we are so happy to have you on The Porch and hope you will become a regular.

Pam...I am glad that you are using your date book and writing something you are Thankful for everyday is an awesome and positive way to use it! How is your job going? Are you working 5 days a week now? ~ Darlene has the list for the Ornament Swap and Judy will put the list up once all the months are filled in. It works out best if we all make ourselves a copy of the list once it goes up. It is a pain to have to go back through the posts and have to try to find it again. Email Darlene...I am sure she can send you a copy of the Ornament List.

Teacher Tammy... you blow through those books pretty fast girl. I knew you loved books as much as I do!!

Angela...you probably won't need to transplant your indoor garden to the outdoors...you will probably be eating right out of that Greenhouse before you know it! You should seriously consider writing for a Garden Magazine of some kind. You have such a passion for Gardening. I love to Garden too but I don't have that kind of drive like you do...I don't think most people do, but you make us all want to!

Megan...welcome back girl...I bet it feels good to sit back and relax now huh? All those finals behind you!

Melanie...Beautiful Scarf that you made! Love your colors!

I have had a long WET day and feeling a bit under a rain cloud...pain wise. So, I am off to my tea, a macaroon and my book. I will leave a plate of Macaroons on The Porch for everyone! Our snow was almost a no show here! But the rain has been coming in buckets out here in Battle Ground and with a Pineapple Express system heading our way for the weekend...it sounds like it will be raining by inches and feet, like snow.

thought for today: "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 13 2011 01:05:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  05:57:03 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you all for the compliments on the scarf!

Hook Angel~ Welcome!!! I'm new to the porch too, but I love it!

Megan~ I'm sure you Aced those finals!

Tammy~ You're finishes already?! LOL I'm still waiting on my copy of The Recipe Club to get here. Should be here tomorrow. :)

Peggy~ I love your blogs! I really enjoyed your wordpress post about personalizing scripture. Reminds me of a book I've been working on for awhile now- 66 Love Letters by Dr. Larry Crabb. I hope you are feeling better today.

Well ladies it's back to work for me today. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Hugs~ Melanie

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  06:33:51 AM  Show Profile
Megan - congrats on getting done with the finals. I'm sure you did great. My son starts his next week. He's a senior this year so he's almost done (and believe me he's already counting down the days lol). He only gets a 3 day break this weekend then 3 days of exams and then gets another 3 day break next weekend.

Tammy - glad you made it to school and home okay. I agree with you about 22 degrees feeling like a heatwave. Last weekend we actually got into the low 30's and it did feel like a heatwave. People running around without coats on LOL Can't say I was much better, I only had a sweater on.

Melanie - beautiful scarf. Did you make it for yourself or somebody else?

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

HookAngel
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Bren
CA
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  08:10:46 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! My name is Bren. I am glad to have found this forum too!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  08:44:25 AM  Show Profile
Melanie that's lovely.
Peg, I pray that you are feeling better today.
Hi there Hook Angel. I am an in and out person myself. About the only time I get to check in is in the very early am.
On the truck, I did get to trade the old one in and God had his hand all over this deal. I am still awed by what happened.
On another front, God is putting some stuff in our non-profit's way that may jump us up a couple of levels all at once. We do not have much in the way of shelters for the homeless here and there is a cadre of teenagers going to the alternative school without adequate shelter. One poor kid is sleeping the dugout at the ball field. They sometimes band together and the oldest will rent something for all of them. We are trying to change that but it will take every ounce of strength, resources and person power we can muster. So ladies pray that we stay in His will and plan. Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  09:02:36 AM  Show Profile
I might be rememberin this wrong, but I believe there was someone on here askin for spaghetti squash seed last year. If I am rememberin right I wanted to let them know there are seed on the forum right now. It's in the 'Garden Gate' section under the thread 'Squash Seed - Who Needs Them'.

I just thought I'd pass on the info!

By the way, I have beets and carrots sproutin in the greenhouse now! I am just weeks from a decent little salad! I hope to have everything in there harvested and tucked away in the fridge in time for my garden starts to be planted! Here's hopin!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  09:07:48 AM  Show Profile
Cherime, I can't imagine being homeless in Alaska. How do they survive in winter? At least they are able to go to some kind of school. Your organization sounds like they have their work cut out for them.

Bren AKA Hook Angel, welcome to the porch. Wonderful group of farm girls here. They never stop impressing me with all they do.

Megan, good job on the finals. I'm sure you did great. I would imagine getting that done and over with is a relieve.

Melanie, good job on the scarf. I love making scarves too. I ended up with so many and no one to give them too. So I have pretty much stopped for now. Maybe in Oregon I can find a place to sell them. I make a scarf with strips of rayon batik and knit it with a fuzzy yard that matches the fabrics. I had customers rave about them. I hope to find more rayon batik. It is expensive though. I love knitting two different yarns together. What is mail art? Not that I need any more projects to think about.. just wondering.

I have had lots of calls about my car. Unfortunatly no one wants to drive to where I live to see it. I'm about 45 minutes from the next biggest town over. People want a deal but they don't want to work for it. They keep asking me to bring the car to them. They can't seem to get through their head, I'll have no way home if they buy it. ARrrrgggh
Off to the Dr. today to see if the blood pressure medicine is working. I'm sure it is. I have had so many messages come my way from a higher power telling me to deal with this. I'm glad I listened.

Later for now, Stay warm and safe!!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page