Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  09:21:23 AM  Show Profile
Bren...pretty name! That sounds Angelic! I like it. Can you go into your profile and add it right above CA USA, so those of us with memory problems won't forget? That would be so awesome if you could do that! Thanks!

Cherime...oh, my heart just bleeds for those kids that have no where to live (or choose to live) out on the streets. Sleeping in a dug-out in Alaska does not sound like a warm, cozy night and I' am sure he doesn't get much sleep trying to stay warm. I will pray for all of those teens you are trying to help. I know that God will make a way for your non-profit to help those homeless kids. It may seem like a taunting task and you may feel stretched to the max and short of the needed resources but if it all was easy you wouldn't need God in the equation. Just Remember that He empowers those he gives the job to!

RFM Tammy...we are now in the 50's almost 60 degrees yesterday...what a strange winter we are having. I heard on the news yesterday that every state but Florida had snow in it this Winter. That has to be some kind of record or strange phenomena don't you think? For all the rain we get down here on the lower level the Mountains and foothills all around us are getting lots of snow.

Melanie...I am very familiar with Dr. Larry Crabb but have never heard of his 66 Love Letters. Sounds like a book I would enjoy. I have managed several Christian Book Stores before I had to go into forced Retirement with my health issues...so, I know most Christian Author's work, especially the very popular ones. I really miss the first Book Store I managed. It was in our Mall but it was a Family owned business with about 5 stores between here and Spokane. I managed that Store for 8 years and it was my favorite job that I ever had. I created it to become a Refuge for People to come in out of the Storms of Life and just relax while they shopped. And people always commented on how they could feel the difference in our store compared to all the other Stores in The Mall. And all my employees were just the BEST! I still dream about that job even to this day. It is so nice to go to a job that you loved doing every single day! Good Memories!!!

Hey Angela and Bunny...we three must have been posting at the same time. That is so funny when that happens! lol

Well, I have Bible Study to teach tonight and I prepared this lesson before Christmas...so, I better go re-read my notes. Will probably be back later to chat some more!

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 13 2011 09:28:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  10:55:15 AM  Show Profile
Wow! The porch is really busy today. I've been thinking...(quick, someone, alert the media)LOL...I think the easiest way to get the names and addresses out there is if I type them all out and e-mail them to each of you. Is that ok with you gals? The alternative is to remind you the last week of each month who the "Head TeaBag Hostess" is for the next month and have you all send her your names and addresses, but that seems like a lot of scrambling each month to me. I will mention it each month though, who the next months Hostess is just so you don't get lax. OK? I'm soooo looking forward to this. Now, remember, don't feel obligated to send more than one type of tea to each gal, each month. It's all about just sending our favs, or new teas for us all to try. If you want you can type in, What Store you found it, Why you like it, How you enjoy it served, Some tea Lore if you have some...that sort of thing. We want this to be fun. I don't want anybody to feel pressured. If you have more than one that you want to share, that's up to you, but it's not the Rule!! OK? We can keep this going for years if it's done in FUN! Yes? I've had others show an interest, so I think this could be an On-Going thing. This my first swap so I'm comfortable with it enough now that I could probably have 2 people assigned to each month. We shall see!!
So in answer to your question TeaLadyTammy, No you don't have snow on the brain, and yes you send tea out to the other 11 gals on the list I'm sending you! hahaha OK? Any other questions? Just ask! Let's have some fun!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  11:30:52 AM  Show Profile
Judy...that sounds Perfect!

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  11:32:39 AM  Show Profile
TeaLadyTammy...Diane...I still need your addresses and e-mail addresses. Thanks!
Also Welcome to the Farm, Bren! I know you'll like it here.It's a great place to make like-minded friends and to learn and share new things!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  1:36:38 PM  Show Profile
Judy, sounds good to me!!! Thanks for all the work

Oh shoot, forgot who made the scarf. Just wanted to say I thought it was beautiful. Love the colors.

Gotta run.... frig went out last night and have to gather ingredients for dinner from outside, downstair and here and there. hahaha

Have a great evening all

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  3:40:22 PM  Show Profile
Yes Indeedy, that was a beautiful combination of colors in that scarf, Melonie.Nice job! I forgot to mention it earlier. No wonder you bought that yarn. My Mom use to make me hats and scarves back in the 80's, but her eyes got too bad to do it anymore. I've looked all over the stores for an open-crochet hat with scalloped edges like she made, but no luck! She didn't use a pattern either, just did it. Maybe eventually I'll find someone who can make me one.
Stay warm girls, sounds like most of us have lots of snow to contend with.
Oh BTW, does anybody else know how to reach Dianne? Has she been in any other swaps that maybe one of you has her address. This makes me nervous, not hearing from her.Plus I need her e-mail addy too. hmmmm.....*stress-stress-stress*....*sigh*

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  6:24:57 PM  Show Profile
Judy,
I just sent you my address dearie. Love the idea of you sending us the addresse makes it easier on us. I totall y get the idea now. I send the tea to the other 11 ladies. Yeah!

Welcome Bren to the porch. this is the most lovely place.

I finishe the Recipe Club. It was good story but I won't spoil it as some here on the porch are still reading...girlie it is good. Now to decide what to read next. So many books. I love them almost as much as tea.

Well time for tea and bit of cuddling on the couch.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  8:56:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Peggy, Bunny, RFM Tammy, Melanie, thanks for the congrats! I'm relieved and ready to relax! Good thing I have a 5 day (now 4 day) weekend to get ready for next semester and recharge myself.
Bren, welcome to the porch! We share good fun, funny stories, and just good ol' friendship. Glad you found us:)
Cherime, I'll be praying for the people you guys help during this brrrrish winter.
Today was a very nice day. I went to physical therapy, then I went to school for a little bit. We have freshmen retreat next week, and we have to do service beforehand, so we made no-sew fleece blankets and wrote letters to soldiers. Then my Mom and I ran some errands, and I bought some awesome yarn at Michael's! Now a little chillaxation:)
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  12:02:52 AM  Show Profile
Judy...I have Dianne's information...I just mailed her ornament to her for the exchange. I will email it to you.

Megan...I loved your "chillaxation", very cute...I will have to try and remember that.

Teacher Tammy...Do you think I would like "The Recipe Club"? Have you read the Friday Night Knitting Club or Thursdays at Eight (book club)...if so, is it anything like those or is it more like Julie and Julia? ~ I finally found some good Green Tea (hot green tea) tonight that I actually loved the flavor of. {SHOCK!} It is Bigalows
Decaff. Green Tea. Usually hot green teas taste bitter to me...but this one was smooth and mild and just really pleasant! I drink gallons of Arizona's Diet Green Tea with ginseng. I don't like water so I drink that instead. But have always found the hot tea nasty to my taste-buds.

Theresa...sorry that your Frig went out. Are you keeping everything out in the snow??? Or in coolers and on the Porch and that
sort of thing? I could just envision you running up and down and all around gathering dinner! lol

Well, I am off to do some reading and have a cuddle in my bed with my dog Bella. She loves to snuggle up at night.
Talk to you all in the morning girls. I left a plate of cranberry orange scones and a couple pots of tea on the Porch for you.

Thought for the Day: "The World always looks better behind a Smile!"

Sweet dreams my lovelies,
~ Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 14 2011 12:08:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  05:10:17 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Cherime~ Sending prayers for you, your non-profit and the homeless. My heart just breaks to think of that boy sleeping in the dugout. I know how cold it is here. I imagine it's probably colder in Alaska. Sending warm hugs and thoughts to him and others in the same boat. Our homeless population has increased. The homeless here camp in the woods at the park. Our mayor is trying to get a hold of an empty building in town to turn into a shelter for the homeless. But last I heard the owner of the building wants a ton of money for the old thing. It's awful! That building isn't worth that much and it needs A LOT of work! But I continue to pray.

Tammy in MI~ I just made the scarf to put in my etsy.

I'm a little sleepy this morning. Honey man sent me a text last night just as I dozed off. Just to ask me a question about taxes. ahhhh Men. The kids are going to school on regular schedule this morning, which means I get to go to work on regular schedule. YAY!! Today I am cleaning at the apartment complex. I am cleaning the building that caught fire the other day. I have not looked at it yet but I have heard that it is a horrible mess. On a good note though- the lady that was injured in the fire, is doing much better. They hope to send her home in the next few days. :)

Well it's time to go. Have a great day!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  06:12:09 AM  Show Profile
Sipping on a cup of chai tea this morning. I got my shipment of teas yesterday from the website that Tammy recommended. The Chocolate Raspberry Truffle smells absolutely divine. I could just sit and smell that heavenly aroma all day. I tried the white chocolate chai tea last night before I ran out for my bellydance class. Yum.

There's a hint of snow in the air this morning but no real accumulation is expected. My girlfriend and I are going out for tea after work today. We've both had a rough week. I got a coupon in my email this morning for one of the yarn stores in the area so I might drag her with me to look at yarns and possibly stop by Eddie Bauer to see if they still have a down coat I'd like (and hopefully on sale). Its difficult to find a longer down coat around here for some reason and I want something I can wear every day to drive to work but to also go out and walk the dogs. With my underactive thyroid, down is about the only thing that keeps me warm.

Hope everybody has a great day!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  1:54:05 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn, If the ole frig had to go out.. this is the time of year to do it. Yes I am keeping food in coolers in the snow, coolers in the garage too (if I don't want it frozen) This is much better than in the summer months when I would loose it all.

Just wanted to stop tonight and say HI. Gotta go gather for dinner

Blessings to all

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  1:57:14 PM  Show Profile
I used the front porch to store boxes of food from our freezer so I could thaw it out! It's nice to be able to use the natural weather for coolin purposes when we need to isn't it!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  4:42:38 PM  Show Profile
Theresa and Angela...Absolutely! Been there, done that myself, several times over life!
And also had an entire Chest Freezer full of food go out on me one summer. Didn't discover it
until three days later when I had just had all my wisdom teeth pulled out. Oh, I won't even
go into that story again. Let's just say in all my pain...I had to deal with it because it
was stinking up my house...like dead people!

More Later girls,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  6:48:45 PM  Show Profile
Howdy sweet things,
how are you? Good I hope. I see some of yall got your tea. I told yall that Chocolate Raspberry Truffle was a delight.

Peggy~the recipe club was a good read but not like anything you mentioned. It is a story about two best friends who write letters and recipes to each other. the story line was good. But I did have one problem with it. It had a few places where the language was well not exactly gracious. I hate bad words and one in really particuliar. While it was only used in a few spots, it still bothered me. But the story was good. I left a review over on the reading forum under book club. We had to answer some questions. I don't know if this is helpful or not. Does your kindle allow you to download a sample before you buy? My nook does. Might be worth it if it does. Now I am reading The apocarthy's daughter. It is a Christian fiction genre that was free and I thought looked like a good read.

Megan so glad you are having some down time.

Well dear ones hope you all had a beautiful day. I am going to make some tea and settle in for the evening.

love to you
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  7:58:18 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peg, you might like GoodEarth Jasmin Green Tea. I think it's very tasty. Ewwww....stunk like dead people. YUK!!! LOL
TeaLadyTammy...my DH bought The Recipe Club for me on his kindle. I'm with you on the language. I too like the christian books better. It just ruins a book for me when they blurt out an unneccessary nasty word.Also, I got my teas today and can't wait to start trying them. They all look so yummy. It only took 3 days to get them too. Thanks again for reccomending that company.Thanks for your addresses Tammy & Dianne. Let the fun begin. I'll type up the list and e-mail all of you tomorrow.
RFM Tammy...glad to hear that you like the teas too. I'm excited for tomorrow morning so I can brew some. I have so many wonderful choices. You take belly dancing classes...how fun that sounds. I have an Aunt that use to teach those, back before I was ever interested in it, now she doesn't...figures, huh?
Have a good night girls.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 14 2011 8:02:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  9:21:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi sisters!
Peggy, I love the word chilaxation! Feel free to use it as you please, it's a fun word to say:) And how is little Bella doing now with the smokers outside your house? Has she gotten used to it?
RFM Tammy, be lucky that there's no accumulation for your area! We have been snowed on off and on for almost the past week.
Tammy, it is pretty nice to have some down time. I was also wondering if your school does standardized tests, and if so, what tests? Exams brought back memories of taking the IOWA Basics every year:)
Well, I had a doctor's appointment today, and he said that all is doing well! I will still be doing physical therapy for at least 4-6 weeks, but I'm up for anything to get my knee back in good condition! I'm in my new smaller brace now, which helps me move a lot faster. The bigger one was just holding me back, it was so bulky and heavy. I also crocheted a couple of hats for Farmgirl Philanthropy (for all you knitters and crocheters, check it out in the Stitching Room board). Tomorrow, I'm going to be working concessions at my cousin's basketball tournament, and then going to my Aunt's house for the ever important Packers game! Go Pack go!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  12:08:45 AM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy And Judy...I guess if I could get through Julie and Julia (the book not the movie) she used the four letter word I hate...every four sentences I swear. I almost put it down forty times and said, "Enough!" but the story plot was good. Then I thought well, this girl Julie talks just like my little sister (who uses that four letter word non-stop and I put up with it with my sister because I love her) so If I can just picture Julie in the story as my sister...I can probably get through it. Which I did...and it worked...and I just tried to skip over that word every time I saw it coming up out of my peripheral vision. That is one thing I love about Christian Fiction...you don't have to have an avalanche of filthy language that you have to continually try to out run. So, all that said to say..that I don't like bad language either but I think I can deal with skipping over it if used just a couple times...In the Recipe Club.
I haven't gotten my new teas yet but I am really looking forward to them arriving. Judy...I love Good Earth Teas but I don't think I have ever tried their green tea. I will keep that in mind.

Megan...I am so glad that you got a smaller brace and that it allows you to move faster. That is awesome. And it must be a good feeling to know that you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with only 4-6 more weeks of Physical Therapy. Nice! So, what color was the pretty yarn you bought the other day? Was it to make another crocheted hat for Farmgirls Philanthropy?

RFM Tammy...I was a Belly Dancer in High School for a Play. Still have the picture of me in my costume...with a jewel in my naval and the whole nine yards. Back then I was skinny as a rail and weighed 96 lbs. I should take up belly dancing again because now I have a belly that could use some working off! lol

Hey, any of you gals with dogs I have a question for you. You know that I had to start kenneling Bella because of her anxiety over the Smoking shack. That it got so bad that she dug 3 holes through our carpet. She hates to be kenneled and I hate to have to ...but obviously you can't have a four year old dog start destroying your apartment from anxiety. BUT...here is my question...when we get home after being gone for a couple hours...I immediately let her out of her kennel and she is soaking wet. Like maybe she keeps trying to escape the Kennel (but she can't) but like maybe she is working up a sweat trying to. Do you think I should see if they can give her something for anxiety? I thought the Rescue Remedy was helping...but maybe not as well as I thought. I'd appreciate your opinion...especially anyone who has dealt with a neurotic dog or cat. Thanks!

Thought for today: "There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward."

Sweet dreams ladies...I'm off to my book!
Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 15 2011 12:11:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  06:15:49 AM  Show Profile
Morning sweet ladies, the coffee is brewed, the stove is stoked and I'm listening to my sweet hubby and dd making waffles and frying scrapple. Yum!
It's sunny and cold here with several inches of the wonderful winter white stuff on the ground. Great day for mail art and football. Go Steelers! Go Pack!
I'm a Vikings fan - but they're out already so it's fun to cheer for my friends teams.

Peggy, I'm sorry for poor Bella. I've never heard of that kind of thing for a poochy. I hope you're able to figure something out for her - better yet would be if they would move that stupid smoking shack!

Cherime, I hope all works out for the best for your non-profit and the homeless situation. Sounds like God has awesome things in store for all of you as He stretches you through this time.

I pray that eveyrone has a wonderful day and a "chillaxin'" weekend. (Thanks Megan!)

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Jan 15 2011 06:16:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  08:18:05 AM  Show Profile
hmmmmm.....I haven't seen Darlene for a few days. Girls?

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  12:23:40 PM  Show Profile
Ok ...I just e-mailed all of the "TeaBags" all of our addresses. Make sure they are all correct(or if I had typ-o's).Let me know.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  1:32:00 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies! I'm a little on the puny side this weekend. :( I felt a little cold coming on yesterday morning and then I cleaned the smoke/dust up in the hall where the fire was the other day. And I'm such a goober, I forgot my mask at home. All that dust went straight to my lungs and sinus. I feel like my head weighs 30 pounds. I've had more trouble with my sinus this year than anytime in the past. Twice this year it has knocked me on my butt for almost a week both times. I told the nasty little cold this morning that I am in control and I refuse to spend a week on the couch! So I got up and went to watch dd and my niece play b-ball games. Good games! Then honey man and I went and grabbed a bite for lunch and took my van to the shop to get a some new tires. I've had enough of the snow slowing me down too. LOL

Hope you all are feeling well and staying warm!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  7:11:30 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
I do hope you had a great day.

Melanie~hope you feel better soon! Tea is good for you with colds.

Megan~yes we do take standarized tests. WE take CAT which is California Achievement Test I believe. WE start at the 3rd grade on up through 8th. Some of our local public schools where my hubby teaches use the IOWA one. So glad you have a smaller brace and physical therapy is going well.

Peggy~I hope little Bella is ok. I know my one sweet pup is afraid of storms and things. She gets aniexty but not like that. Will pray she will be ok.

Judy~got the teabag hostess list...yeah! Enjoy the tea. I have some other favorite tea sites I like to get tea from besides Culinary Teas. It is one of four of my favorites. But I think I better let yall recover ...hehehe

Spent the day with hubby. We are working on our bathroom so got some things from Menards, went to lunch, and picked up a few groceries. It was a nice day togher.

Well time for some tea and snuggle up with family.

love to you all,
tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  7:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Peggy-Do you keep water in the kennel for her? Is she stressing out and spilling the water? Dogs sweat through their tongues and ears. Are her paws hot? You can take cool alcohol swaps and put them on the bottom of her feet to cool her off. Maybe get her some happy traveler to calm her down when you guys aren't there. If you are in a super pinch and she's not allergic, you can use benedryl to calm her down.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  8:47:09 PM  Show Profile
Hey TeaLadyTammy, I'd like to browse some of your other tea-sites. I always enjoy looking at tea pots and gadgets.
Thanks!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page