Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  10:39:57 AM  Show Profile
Hello Everyone, You all look like you're having so much fun, I was wondering if I might come and rock my baby girl, Coraline, for a spell? She may be only 2 months old now, but we're looking to plant our garden this spring too. I have a cup of coffee with me but I can bring a pot and some extra cups to share.

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  11:39:46 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, AlyssaMarie! I just arrived a little bit ago trying to find an Ace Hardware. The lovely ladies, the smell of good food, coffee and tea, drew me in to forget the new curtain rods and other things in our new home several blocks away. I'll work on that tomorrow. Look at these beautiful quilts! By the way, I live in Deer Park, & we travel to the Palouse as often as we can. I love the rolling hills, Steptoe Butte, and the golden grain waving in the fall. What a beautiful little girl you have. Do you have other children?

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  11:55:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi Claudia! Isn't it amazing how much there is to do in a new home? We just moved into our new home and started our little farm a year and a half ago and everytime I turn around there is more to do. I say to myself over and over... it's a good thing I have the rest of my life to work on it! If you're ever in our neighborhood let me know and we'll have you over for a visit. I have 2 boys, 7 and 4 years old and now my baby girl. How about you? Any kiddos? Tell me about your new home? If you want to hold the baby for a minute, I can pour you a cup of something warm.

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  12:08:40 PM  Show Profile
Why thanks AlyssaMarie! I would love to hold your babygirl (glad you have one with those 2 boys...to even out the playing field). I would love to visit for awhile when we take a drive. So as to not dominate the conversation, I will tell you privately away from the porch. Suffice it to say, I am an older "bag", almost 65, husband, 2 children, 3 grand daughters, and am a retired RN from Sacred Heart & Deer Park Hospital. Since I retired last year, I am just getting back into the swing of doing something else but work, eat, clean and sleep. But each of these ladies have wonderful stories to tell you about their lives. Can you refill my coffee cup? Thanks!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  12:22:01 PM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
*tucks onto the porch out of the heavy snowfall*

Hello everyone!

Alyssa, Coraline is adorable! I don't have any myself, so if you, you know, need an extra pair of arms to hold her for a minute whilst you refill your tea, I'm here for you. ;)

It's so cozy to be here, and I'm very grateful to my employer for letting me leave work so early. It wasn't snowing much when I left, but I knew it was moving in quickly so wanted to be on my way.

I have some lovely Cocoa Cardamom Tango tea here, if anyone else would like some.

~April
http://aprilsatelier.wordpress.com/
Sisterhood #: 594
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  12:24:58 PM  Show Profile
Here's the baby Claudia, if you get tired, I think April will hold her a minute too. I think while I'm up I'll look for those cookies someone mentioned. Its nice to take a break from washing diapers. I am so excited for spring. Today the air is crisp and clear with the sun shining. Oh it is delightful!

Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  3:00:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh!! Julie...here you are!!!

LOL...well, really it's been me that's been absent...moved in October, and still am not settled in!!!

Julie, I got so busy last yeAR, THAT i LOST COMMUNICATION WITH MY PEN PALS....i JUST loved YOUR LETTERS FR (oops) from Paradise Plantation...I sooooo miss them....Just came across them the other day while on the phone with Dawn!

Looks like the porch is alot of fun!!!

HJowdy to all of you Farmgirls!!!

Julie...since our high here in Quitman isn't supposed to rise above 30 for the next couple of days...I think now would be a good time to sit down and write you a letter!!! Talk to ya soon!!

http://cockadoodledewberries.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  4:50:47 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kelley....I'm Claudia, and this is AlyssaMarie! We live in Washington State. Your temp is really chilly for you, I would think. Our high was 30 and our low 11 last night. I think I've had enough of cold and snow. After looking at your blog and the pretty flowers with the very cute kids, I really am ready for Spring. This porch holds some marvelous women. Sit here and use my quilt while I hand off this sweet baby girl to April. She belongs to AlyssaMarie.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  5:58:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
*coos softly while carefully taking Coraline from Claudia* What a sweetie pie! And so cheerful about meeting new folks!

Nice to see you, Kelley!

Hey, who do we talk to about getting a bigger porch? ;-)

~April
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  6:46:36 PM  Show Profile
April, maybe there needs to be a wrap-a-round porch built on. Wonder if we could get some of the men to help so we could sip our tea. Of course I suspect those who own this porch should have their say, don't you think? lolol

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  7:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
Good point, Claudia LOL!

Somehow, I'll bet Mary Jane has straightforward building plans for an extended porch, just meant for some motivated women. :D

~April
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  3:54:24 PM  Show Profile
*Sitting down with a steaming cup and a cookie*

Coraline is a very easy going baby. She just loves being snuggled and rocked. Pass her on back whenever you're ready. The plans for the porch sound interesting, I bet some of us gals could extend it if we worked together. Who's porch are we sitting on, I'd like to compliment her on her flowers and thank her for her hospitality!

Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  8:04:10 PM  Show Profile
Well, I am about as full of goodies as I can be and have just been napping in the corner. And you know what *giggle, giggle* I do not have my magazine yet and I am wondering what on earth I said. Heaven only knows. We get kinda relaxed on this porch and anything could have been said. Oh, well... I will know soon.

AllyssaMarie, this beautiful porch belongs to Julie, it is her dream porch. We have made changes to it like building a fireplace so I guess we could expand it to wrap around. It sure is a great place to hang out though. And the really great thing is there are no calories in the food. So enjoy all you want.
LaVonna

Farmgirl Sister #758
www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com
http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
http://healthtalkcafe.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  5:49:03 PM  Show Profile
I love to come to the porch any time but especially now. I just had leg surgery and can't do much right now. So I just put my leg up and look at the view and smell those wonderful smells. What a restful place to be cared for.
Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  5:50:55 PM  Show Profile
I wish I had a wrap around porch so that is why I come here to dream and have tea with dear friends. So how are we today ladies? We actually made it to 27 degrees after a week of below zero. Yeah!

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  06:10:19 AM  Show Profile
Kelly! I'm so glad you've resurfaced! I've missed hearing from you, and can't wait to hear from you again. In the mean time, pull yourself up a rocker on this virtual porch, and just sit and relax. Alyssa Marie, save me a chance at that baby. I'm all up for spoiling a young'un. Ya know, on the virtual porch, even she can share in a bite of cookie. Alee? You still hangin' around here? Claudia thinks we should extend the porch - again. Why, Claudia, you know around here you can just set those men to start building. Why don't you have them work on the west side - uh, no, better yet, I don't think Dawn is out of the bathtub down there yet -- have them start on the EAST side, and just work their way around to the front. By the time they're ready for the west side, we'll ALL make Dawn get out of the bubbles for a little while. All you new ladies, I'm so glad you've joined us! Make sure y'all get plenty to eat and drink. The kitchen is full, and I've got some English Muffin Bread ready to come out of the oven any second now, and some Pineapple Mint jelly to slather on it. Eat up and enjoy, y'all!!!!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  07:42:46 AM  Show Profile
Julie, I heard the truck back up with some of the lumber. I think you are right. At this time of day, we should have the men start on the East side. I've got the lemons for lemonade. Think that will refresh them... and us. I'm excited that it was OK to add on to the porch. It is a wonderful porch. The same draw that I had toward you ladies, will be the same one that will bring many more ladies here seeking companionship, comfort, rest and some of the wonderful food and drink. You all have been so welcoming to me. I really want to thank you again!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  1:48:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi again! Anyone care to try one of my cranberry rhubarb oatmeal vanilla chip cookies? I have a whole plate of them fresh out of the oven!!! They are DEEEEEElicious!! they are great with a cup of coffee!

Weel our frigid weather finally headed out of here and we are back to normal Texas winter weather temps around here. got up to 50 today, and it felt like Spring!!! Made me want to go plant some flowers...tee-hee!

Claudia, thanks for checking out my blog...i have been a bit neglectful with it here the last couple of months..lol...but that will change come spring when I have new flowers to take pictures of and the garden in.

Happy Tuesday to everyone, hope you northern gals are keeping warm!!!

Talk to ya'll soon!

http://cockadoodledewberries.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  1:52:26 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I would love to try one Kelley! They sound delicious! And maybe just maybe I will find a good cup of hot coffee to have with it. So what has happened since I was gone?
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

AsiyahK
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Asiyah
New Jersey
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  5:37:56 PM  Show Profile
Evenin' everyone.

I'm new in the neighborhood and thought I'd stop by to make your acquaintance. Haven't been around very long but y'all look like a friendly bunch.
Just got the wee ones off to bed and will be listening to a little Old Time Radio with my husband. The Shadow is our favorite show, you know.

Anyway, if you see my dog Tallulah runnin' around, just send her on home. Guess it's that time of year when everybody goes a little stir crazy because of the weather.

Have a good one.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  8:48:37 PM  Show Profile
I've been setting here trying to stay warm, have extra room for one more? I promise to bring something good to eat next time.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  9:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Sure thing Asiyah and Brenda! There is plenty of room!! And you all have got to try Kelleys cookies with some hot coffee! It is so good!! You'll love it!!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  9:29:33 PM  Show Profile
Hey, ladies, I got my magazine. Sure enough I was one of the porch sitters and thank goodness I was talking about Heaven. Or that the porch was like Heaven. And this porch really is. I hope you new girls enjoy the experience. One thing I know you will not starve. The food is so very good.

And I am trying to figure out exactly how long Dawn has been in that tub.

Farmgirl Sister #758
www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com
http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
http://healthtalkcafe.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  9:35:56 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
me too LaVonna. lol Dawn!! I think you can get out now! but please put a towel around yourself and go change into some nice clean clothes. :) Then you must sit down and have some of these wonderful cookies and some hot coffee. :)

Lavonna, I got my very first MJ magazine today too. It's so much fun!! I'm almost done reading it. lol
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  5:04:41 PM  Show Profile
I've had enough cookies and coffee. Come on girls lets go for a short walk. We can all sing, or pray for the people in Haiti. When we get back to the porch, we can all chat about that amazing chicken pot pie recipe in the Maryjane magazine! So good!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page