Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  5:14:37 PM  Show Profile
A little stroll would be nice =) I will be thinking thoughts of love, peace and light for all of the people of Haiti...so excuse my silence...what a beautiful garden here! I think I will go and explore! How lovely, and I plan on making that chicken pot pie too! Yummy!

I've been dreaming of a wrap around porch for my sweet little home as well. I live by a bend in Paradise creek and in the cool of a summer's evening it is such a joy to sit out and hear the frogs and peepers and the merry gurgle of the creek. But the porch could be larger =) always planning, me! Thank you for suggesting a walk Marly!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  5:30:29 PM  Show Profile
It truly is a good idea to say some prayers for those people in Haiti, and all those who have answered the call to go and help. It must be very frustrating to land there and not get up to those in need because of the rubble, cars left in the streets, and unfortunately those who have perished. We are so very fortunate here in the US. If we only could grab ahold of that when we are feeling low. Besides, look at the friends we have here as sisters. Yup, we are blessed!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  7:48:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Annika and Claudia. This walk is just what I needed. We need to get Teresa here on the porch with us. She has such beautiful stories about her husband. And, Alee, could I please take a ride on Tala? Does she bite? Maybe we could get someone to bake several of those chicken pot pies. Oh! girls, thanks for such wonderful friendship. I'm ready for coffee! LOL.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  10:39:33 PM  Show Profile
I was thinking of the virtual porch sitters yesterday as I took a fresh loaf of banana bread out of the oven. I knew it would be just the ticket to have with some tea on the porch.

Handmade Soap, Lotion Bars & More! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  06:25:48 AM  Show Profile
I just put a quart of homemade yogurt into the fridge. Now it's time for the first cup of coffee of the morning. Boy, would one of those cookies taste good right about now.

My heart aches for the people of Haiti! Here we are, warm and safe and full of good food and good cheer. How lucky we are! My prayers are with them and all the relief workers.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  06:39:03 AM  Show Profile
Marly, I don't know if I know Teresa. I'm relatively new here with the ladies. Is there a way to see if she is availble?

The walk was wonderful. The neighborhood is beautiful. Just like the porch, people seem to care about their surroundings.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  09:51:27 AM  Show Profile
It just breaks my heart when I see the families on tv. We must always to be thankful for our blessings. Lots of prayer's for those in Haiti. I'm getting ready to bake some bread. Maybe we can get together and saver the wonders of freshly baked bread together.

classygram/Brenda
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  11:16:53 AM  Show Profile
Claudia:
Teresa is 1badmamawolf. She is on the MJ site. I'll ask her to come and join us on the porch! Maybe Kay could bake a couple of banana breads for all of us. That sure sounds good. I'll put a pot of coffee on. Let me get the broom to sweep this porch.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  09:39:52 AM  Show Profile
Hey Gals, Got room for 1 more? Life has been a little hard lately but after seeing how much worse things are for so many others (Haiti) I have given myself a good shake. Time to focus on all the blessings in my life. Would like to put my feet up and focus on the good things. A good cup of Peppermint tea, a fresh carrot raisin muffin, a good book or maybe my cross stitch, and some good conversation. Now this is the life. Do you think the family would mind if I skip the housework just this once?
Marla / MarionCountryGirl

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.

Edited by - MarionCountryGirl on Jan 18 2010 09:47:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  10:05:23 AM  Show Profile
Howdy all, i had a few extra hours this morn cause I'm still on no working orders, lol. This mornings sunrise was not one of the best here, but it was still a wonderful memory of my hubby and I sitting and watching the heavy black clouds cover up a beautiful sunrise, and my hubby saying, "thats ok, everyone and everything needs a break from the normal, otherwise it could become boreing". My sunrises are sad sometimes, with certain memories, and so very happy with others, cause you see girls, that was my late hubbys and I's time. Every single morn, no matter what the weather, we would sit on this porch on our swing and watch the sun greet the day, something I do even now by myself (well not today, cause ya'll are with me). We/I would drink our coffee and talk about alot or sometimes nothing. We started this "tradition" (for lack of a better word) way back when we got married in 1973. Even when he was first diagnoced with cancer, we still continued to watch our sunrise, and when he got so sick that he was stuck in bed, that bed was in the living room, with him facing the big front window (which faced east), so until he passed, we were able to continue watching every morn. So girls I will check in on your porches every so often and see if any of you are watching your sun greet the day.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  10:28:44 AM  Show Profile
Teresa, memories are so very important. Soak them up sister. For years to come you will always have them. Thinking of you,
Brenda
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  10:32:17 AM  Show Profile
Teresa, thinking of you and wishing you peace and wonderful memories...bless you

The news is so depressing, I am so glad that we have this haven.
Happy Monday ladies!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  6:54:05 PM  Show Profile
I am so elated that Teresa joined us on the porch!!!!! I think I'll get up early tomorrow just to see the sunrise and say a prayer for Teresa and her husband. I'm am NOT a morning person, I am a night owl. LOL. How about a cup of coffee Annika, Brenda, Teresa, and everyone. I love coffee. I am a new coffee drinker. Never touched the stuff until 2005. Really! My Sweetie (Hubby) and I were going through the aftermath of a flood from Hurricane Rita. Mind you, a doctor mentioned that coffee would help me. The rest is history. Anyone know how to bake brownies, that is my weakness. I'll do the dishes!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  12:56:59 AM  Show Profile
Do y'all have room for one more?I'll bring a cozy blanket to snuggle under,my crocheting and some of my son's special banana bread with dried michigan cherries,walnuts and chocolate chips in it....it's one of my favorite treats. Julie,we used to be at Ft Polk many years ago now...I fell in love with cajun food,the mixes you can buy are good but,it's not quite the same...I do miss it!Especially the crawfish!
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  05:11:30 AM  Show Profile
(Screen door slams in the background) Whoa! This porch is really filling up! Welcome, welcome, Asiyah, Marla, (don't worry about Tallulah -- even dogs are welcome here. She can go play with Elvis in the pasture!), Brenda and cj6! There is ALWAYS room for more here on the porch. Bear, I am so glad you suggested that walk, but it did make me hungry. Any chicken pot pie left? Ladies, trust me. I KNOW how hard life can be -- I'm living in the middle of super tough times right now. But when I want to just sit down and cry, when I just want to give up, I realize all I have to do is walk right out on this porch. When I have no strength left, I find a wonderful group of farm girls who are all willing to give me some of theirs, even if they're running low themselves. I am praying for those in Haiti, those who are suffering and those who are trying to help. But ladies, I am also saying prayers for all of you -- those on the Hogs and Quiches list and those who aren't, just because I am so grateful for you. Now, who's up for heading to the kitchen to bake Marly thoses brownies. Cj6, it sounds like you need a bowl of gumbo. Randy just made a big pot of it, with some rice and sweet potatoes. Yes, ladies. If you eat gumbo, the true Cajun fashion (according to dh) is you have to have a side order of baked sweet potato. OOh. And some garlic bread I made from homemade french bread. Okay. Any takers? How many bowls and spoons do I need? And Nancy. Save me some of that homemade yogurt for desert!!!!!!!!!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  07:47:27 AM  Show Profile
There's a big bowl of yogurt with strawberry and blue berries just waiting for you and anyone else who'd care to try it.

There is strength in numbers so we can take what we need if we're running low and if we're on the upside, we can give to others. Life ebbs and flows and it's love like ours that evens out the bumps. We're all very lucky to have found each other.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  08:09:33 AM  Show Profile
Oh that sounds so good! A big bowl of hot food and good company. I think it is time I broke out a jar of those cinnamon apples I put up in the fall. Oh and I hope you girls don't mind but I brought a few seed catalogs in my basket. Nothing makes you think of spring like planning your spring garden. Love the thought of new births and the earth awakening. Even in our sad times we can look ahead and smile a little. And boy is the sunrise beautiful this morning. Is that coffee I smell? Hey girls wait for me I am coming, oh and I brought some french vanilla cream (sorry a weakness of mine). Think its going to be a beautiful day.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  08:24:51 AM  Show Profile
Making a fresh pot of coffee! The Turkey is carrying on outback... you are all invited to come and watch the crazy guy!
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  08:41:47 AM  Show Profile
Have any of you , while frosting a sheet cake, played around with the frosting, swirling and making peaks and valleys? That is how I would descibe this morning sunrise, with cherry and orange and a little lemon frosting. The storm clouds had just enough break to them, that the clouds just glowed, it was exceptionaly beautiful. This morn would have been one of those sunrises that my late hubby and I would have had a hard time walking away from, he would have been saying, " now Mama, we gotta get a move on, if we don't we're gonna have some angry livestock and hungry kids that'll be late for the school bus, then everything will go to hell for the rest of the day" as he still continues to sit there and watch our sunrise, I just love and miss that man so very, very, much, sigh... With a big cup of coffee, and some of that great smelling banana bread, great company, and since dogs are welcome, I'll bring "Pickles" the pie eating rat terrior and his comrade in being bad, "Ruby" the carin terrier. Just make sure not to let them in the house or there will be no food for any of us, lol.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  09:01:34 AM  Show Profile
Teresa... that sounds beautiful. I hope you enjoy your day. God bless you!
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  10:09:27 AM  Show Profile
Teresa - what a beautiful mental image. Girl, you sure know how to paint a verbal picture!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  10:56:13 AM  Show Profile
thanks girls, I think anyone can, just close your eyes and talk the picture in your minds eye, with all your passion and conviction.

Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  12:08:39 PM  Show Profile
This is such a relaxing place on the forums. Teresa, it is a great gift.

Here in Salem, ID, the snow is deep and more falls gently outside our one room cabin. The crackling fire has warmed the room and I have buttered thick slices of hot Whole wheat bread with butter, from our Jersey, Sugar, and honey from the local hives. Peppermint Herbal tea steeps in the teapot and I can't wait to hear your laughter and merriment.

Gratefully living on the "fat of the land".
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  7:28:27 PM  Show Profile
Teresa,
Could you please send some sunshine my way? We have had fog for a week and dreary...oh I so wish to see the sun. So I am here on the porch with yall sipping my tea and imagining the sun.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  08:53:54 AM  Show Profile
I'd like a little to please. We have 10 days of snow ahead of us. Come over and sled and ice-skate, if you like.

Gratefully living on the "fat of the land".
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page