Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  2:50:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies,
Hope all of yall are doing well. It is cold day here. Just finished baking some cookies for the kiddos. I have one son who I am sure is heading to the dr tomorrow. He is not feeling well and I have a suspicion it might be strep throat. He is not happy he has to miss wrestling tournament but I said sorry dr you go.

Welcome to the porch Tina. Nice to have you with us.

Darlene~received your tea and card yesterday. thank you my dear. You know how I love my tea.

Peggy hope you are feeling better today.

To all the rest of you lovely sisters. Stay warm and cozy.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  3:40:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, WOW! I got 4 cards, 1 letter, and many, many tuck-in's, in the mail Sat. TYTYTY! You all are soooo sweet and are making my "BirthdayMonth" great fun. There was a very nice TeaBook,a cute CupCake notepad & an Angelic Inspirational bookmark.Thank You so Much Sisters. I hang all my cards around my kitchen doorway so I can see them as I pass thru. Happiness at a glance!!! ;)
Well, we got sleet yesterday early in the day, then a little snow last night. Our roads are clear though. We are expecting another snow-storm sometime this week. We'll see.
Tina...A BIG Welcome to you. I loved reading your blog. You have a BIG, Beautiful heart and will be greatly rewarded because of your generosity toward those who are shunned by many. You and Jack are a S-wonderful couple. How long have you been married?
RFTammy, sorry about your spindle class being canceled. I know you were really looking forward to it. Glad you got back home before the snow got too bad.I've seen choc covered sunflower seeds but have never tried them. I may have to now that you've talked them up so. I love sweet/salty.
WOW RoDonna, not only do you have a pretty first name, I also like the DeNay with it. Kudo's to your parents.
Well, time to relax and have a Cocoa. LOL ... all the tea I'm getting and I'm gonna have Cocoa....I know....I'm nuts! LOL
Good-nite!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  8:57:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I have been MIA for the past few days, but now I'm back!
Welcome to the porch Tina!
Bunny, I'm glad that everything with your sister went well, and I'll be praying for your Mom the next few days.
My birthday has been the best weekend ever! I love my birthday, because it's a reason for me to have all my friends over and spend lots of time with family! Friday was dinner with my parents, and we went to an Italian restaurant that I chose. It was very good food, and then I opened my gifts from my parents. My Mom bought me a really cute overnight bag from Vera Bradley, and my Dad put this cute picture of him and me in a frame. Saturday was a sleepover with my friends, and I really have to stress here how important it is to have girlfriends. Even if you're a tomboy, having girlfriends is so important. I have some here, and I love it! You can say things you can't say with boys, and they understand where you're coming from. Aside from the story! Then today I celebrated the SuperBowl with my aunt, uncle, three younger cousins, and grandparents here. Go Packers! We had a great day, and my aunt made homemade red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting! Delicious! Well, now back to normal life! May your tomorrows be filled with joy!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  12:10:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls...Good to read all the uplifting news. Glad everyone is getting their Birthday cards and Valentine's Card and Tea from Darlene. Isn't it so much FUN to get Farmgirl Mail??? I love it!

Megan...I was with you girl...shouting and rooting for Green Bay. So, glad they won! It really was a good
game with a close win. The Steelers really made a great attempt at coming back. I did feel badly for all the
people that didn't make it in to the game when they traveled so far to get there. That was not good!

Pam...I just figured you and Mark had been to Calamity Jane's before. It is a fun place huh? It wrecked my Weight Watchers for this week though. Oh well, I will be good for the rest of the week! I made home-made vegetable beef soup today. :+)

RoDonna...both your names are really beautiful. Your mom made great selections!

Bunny...I have heard about that book thought I might like to read it myself. Thanks for the
recommendation for my sister. Unfortunately she can't read because her eyes are bad from
Graves Disease.

Well, Ladies...I am going to call it a night. My hubby has tomorrow off and so I will need to get
up early to spend the day with him. We might go out for breakfast and then go order my new glasses.
I don't feel real chatty after spending so much time on the phone with my sister and mom today. I
need a little quiet and reflective time tonight. Love You All!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 07 2011 12:12:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  08:38:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everybody !

Welcome to all our new "porchies" - I'm sure you will all love it here as much as I do!

Not much new here - BF had a really good weekend, and goes back to the cardiologist tomorrow. I'm hoping he will get permission for a little more activity, as the sitting around and doing nothing is driving him crazy. I guess that is a good sign - he must be feeling better if he is bored. My Mom goes for a stress test today and then an echocardiogram - so prayers for her would be appreciated also. The doctors are still trying to figure out why she is having black-out spells.

Still cold and nasty here in Northeast PA - I don't usually mind winter, but this year seems worse for some reason - couldn't be because I'm getting older, now could it?

Oh yeah - there's valentine's cupcakes and white chocolate tea waitin' on the porch if anybody would like some!

Thank you everybody for all your e-mails and concern - it's the best knowing that you are all out there.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

Edited by - beekeepersgirl on Feb 07 2011 08:39:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  08:56:16 AM  Show Profile
Hello and God Bless all.
Peg have a good day with DH.
Bunny, I thought the same thing about the bandanna at first. But you know some of that had died off a bit in the smaller towns. Sorry about your mom but at least your sister got some of the clutter taken care of.
It has been a weird week for me, the guy part of the renter duo, caused a riff between SIL and I as he did not show up when he said he would and so I had to take charge of building a wall in the basement for DD and SIL's renters. The renters were moving in on top of the mudding and taping. Then the guy and the woman part of the duo split up and she decided that she needed to go into Anchorage and check into the physe emergency at the big hospital in Anchorage. She is going to be there for about 5 days due to getting off of depression meds. All kinds of drama. But I think that things will mellow out now that the two of them are separated. Phew! My son took the guy off of my hands with a big lecture on how there were not to put his mom through all this garbage. Bless him.
The food pantry is proving hard to keep a handle on, so much need and the main food bank in Anchorage is having trouble getting donations. Meat is especially hard to come by. But we will continue to do what we can. Helped a young may on Sunday. He was out of propane for heat and needed a 100 lb bottle refilled. Got him some food as well but he really needs prayer. He stopped drinking but told me he thinks that he does not know how to live sober. His name is Johann and he accepted the Lord in prison but now that he is out he is trying to work full time but cannot find anything but part time work, has no transportation and a house with no insulation. But he is trying hard to better himself. Got to go to work now but Group Hug ladies and blessings.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  09:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning Lady Bugs! I have the day off so I'm spending it working around the house. Finally getting some unpacking, sorting, tossing and cleaning done. My head has been swimming with wedding this and that. I'm sure everyone around me is as sick of it as I am. LOL But really, it is nice to focus on something else for a change. And I finally found my charger to my cordless drill! Yippee!!! I LOVE my power tools! I think it scares my honey man. When I got my kitchen counter, it was going to be my first time using a circular saw. Do you believe he took it away from me and cut the counter? I mean I appreciate him helping and all, but I was looking forward to playing with my new toy. Guess he was afraid I might hurt myself and he knows better than to tell me I can't do something. Because I'm going to do it for sure then. LOL

A great big welcome to the new Porchies!!

Bunny~ Sorry bout your mom's ankel. Usually the doctor's around here set broken ankels in air casts, so the person can still walk around, but it's bulky and awkward. Getting through the house would probably still be hazardous for your mom. Did you find anything out about working PT at the quilt shop? Hope it works out for you. :)

Peggy~ Hope you are feeling better today. That book that Bunny mentioned sounds good. Maybe you could read it to your sister. That way you both could enjoy the book together.

Well gals it's time for me to get back at it. I need to load the car and make a big drop at the goodwill. Have a wonderful day!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  09:04:55 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Bunny-I wish it was because of that but it wasn't-she was making fun of him and embarrassing him, telling him he looked like a sissy. She kept saying that it wasn't "tough" and "manly" looking. She was just being mean spirited and unhappy.

We didn't watch the super bowl but instead the puppy bowl. LOL! We turn it on for the dogs and they bark at the TV. They love it and I love watching cute puppies.

I hope everyone is staying warm, dry and loved.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  10:17:49 AM  Show Profile
Pam, it's too bad she felt the need to embarrass him in public like that. She will pay for it later. I just watched your glass etching video on Craftster. Very cute. Love your tatoos. I never had the courage to have any. I just kept thinking what they would look like on me at 80 years old and chickened out. I guess when I'm 80 I probably wouldn't care anyway. But I love yours.

Well, off to do the town with mom today. Later for now.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  2:00:07 PM  Show Profile
Ok, Pam, you're blog videos make me laugh and Jam too. Thanks for that. If Ya'll haven't seen her videos...go watch. I giggled at her pups as much as she did! And she made me "Jiggle&Wiggle" a little too.LOL
We had a crazy day at the hospital with BIL. He had surgery to remove fluid from around his one lung...only it wasn't fluid. It had solidified to a sponge-like substance that had to be peeled and scraped from his lung. Man is he going to be sore for a few days. He had been having chest pains for quite awhile, but like so many of us do, he put off a doctor visit until he couldn't stand it anymore. He thought it was his heart. Now he's going to have tiny holes in his lung until it heals over. Can you imagine all this...I can't. Sorry for grossing you all out, but I'm amazed at just how much the human body can take, ya know???
He(Lenard) needs your prayers for a complete recovery Girls! Thanks!
Good to hear from you Luanne. I love Valentine cupcakes, to look at as well as to eat.Valentine goodies make me as Giddy as "Daisy's" do. And that's a pretty high rating on my charts! Thanks for those and the tea. Yummy!
Melanie, you are so Goofy Girl. You and your power tools made me laugh too!
You guys are the best prescription any doctor could write. I love yuns so much!
Well, I'm tired and also need to go find some REAL food, The McDonalds food I had to eat today is NOT food! LOLOL :(P

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  6:13:33 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL FEBRUARY GALS!!!
Welcome tina this is the a great place to hung out relax laugh and catch up..
well i have been celebrating my BD every day i love birthdays
so much fun and i have a whole week to go..LOL
my friends famiy and i do this thing where each person takes you out on a different night for dinner
and its great because its one on one we get catch up and talk for hours uninterupted.
well off to bed a long day tomorrow ..
hugs and blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  6:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Bunny and Judy!I have fun making the craft videos. I do get paid for them. My husband films them out of our house for the website. They pick them theme and I make stuff then we film it. I've also gone to craft shows, which is SO much fun! It's great getting to meet people. The tattoo on my chest has my mom and dad's names with a victorian heart and two crows (I love crows and ravens, actually all birds except starlings). The one of my arm is of a girl doing embroidery with scissor and a crow looking over her shoulder. My wrist is a tiara from a Turkish princess-it reminds me that I am a queen and should always treat myself as such.

Judy-aren't they the funniest puppies! I swear those dogs crack me up! Healthy healing vibes coming your way for your BIL.

Cherime-I'm thinking of your work and all the people you help. You are an amazing strong woman. Thank you for being out there.

Bunny-once you get settled, let's try to plan a meetup half way. Maybe some tea or coffee? We will throw Peggy into the mix too-I'm sure she won't mind. ;)

Luanne-Keep us posted on the doctor's appt.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  11:52:08 PM  Show Profile
Hey Pam...I watched your Crafster's video today on the glass etching. Very cool! You always make everything
look so easy.~ I watched the Super Bowl but also caught some of the puppy bowl. I had to turn the sound down because Bella kept barking at the dogs. But there were some cute pups on there. Speaking of Bella barking...she is so much quieter now that they moved the smoking shack. And I am so less stressed. I am a happy girl!! ~ Thanks for sharing about your tats (The symbolism behind them). I think they are pretty! I will have to show you the purple cross with the red heart in the center of it...on my ankle sometime when we are together. I got it done when my Grand-daughter turned one. But it is My Life summed-up in one tattoo.

Luanne...thanks for keeping us up on the BF and your mom. Wow a lot going on in your family. We keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Judy...your poor BIL. That sounded terrible, your description of the fluid (spongie stuff around his lungs)was gross. Did he come home from the hospital today or did he have to stay in? Judy...you are so funny I would love to meet you in person too girl. Hey, some of us swapped pictures with each other. Do you want to do a picture swap with me At least then I could put a face with your name. That swap invite also goes out to Melanie, Deborah, RoDonna, Tina, RFM Tammy, Teacher Tammy and anyone else that I haven't swapped with. It is so much fun to do a MJF Photo-Album. Just email me and I will send you my mailing info. And if you email your address I will get a picture out to you. I send by email or snail mail...makes no difference to me.

My hubby and I had a very pleasant day. Nothing extremely exciting. We got up early and went to Breakfast. Then we went to Barnes & Noble (our book store hang-out), stopped in at the office, went home took a nap, then went to Costco and ordered my new glasses. Instead of red frames this time I ordered purple ones. My two favorite colors. We also took Bella for a ride...so she could hang her head out the window and get some fresh air. She loves going bye-bye and doesn't get to go enough. Then we came home, had some left-over homemade soup, and watched a little TV. Larry accidentally threw Bella's ball in her water dish when he was tossing it for her. She dug it out and then jumped up into my lap...with her water logged plush football. So, then I tossed it onto my husband and got him all wet...since he was laughing at me. Bella thought the whole thing was great fun! lol So, we had a little water fight going on tonight! ~
I finished knitting a dish cloth and then started a scarf while I watched TV. Nice day in all.

Well, as usual I am off to read and start preparing my Thursday Night Bible Study. Have you gals heard of the new Bible called "The Story" published by Zondervan? It's The Bible done in Novel Form. It takes the most pertinent text and puts it into Novel Format. It is divided into 31 Chapters. At the back of the book there are discussion questions for each chapter. This Bible Novel was done by a panel of the most prominent preachers of our time. Max Lucado being one of them. He is one of my favorite Authors too. Anyway, that is what I will be teaching from starting this Thursday. I am really excited about it.

Goodnight my lovelies and here is a thought for the day:
"HOPE...is the best possession."
Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 08 2011 12:06:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  04:46:17 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies! I've gotten a few minutes to stop by my house and catch up on my computer world.

My MIL is back in the hospital for a few days. She has fluid building up in her lungs and a high white count, so there is an infection somewhere.

My Hubby and I have been fightin horribly. Then, yesterday he called me and was almost cryin. He said he was so angry because he just wanted his family back. He said doin all the work by himself wasn't a big deal, but there was no sense of accomplishment in doin anything. He said he was 'doin a job' not 'takin care of things'. We talked for hours on the phone, then he came over and we talked for hours with a good bit of arguin in the mix.

Things got really weird, but I think they are on the mend between us. He held my hand and hugged me more yesterday than he had in the last 6 months combined. He then had a long talk with his mom and his aunt about her handlin things on her own and gettin back to her trailer. His aunt has been fightin us on every decision, lifewise and medicalwise. She wants to be in control of everything and I can't handle her tryin to control my life. He actually stood up to them both and told them he wasn't gonna sacrifice his marriage for either of them. His aunt got really crappy and he told her to deal with it or she didn't have to be a part of his life at all, that was her only choices.

I am actually startin to feel a little hopeful for us. I am beginnin to feel like there might actually be an US to come back to. He says he wants me to want to come back, nit just to come back. That he wants to have a marriage and a partner, not just a roommate and coworker. I am still watchin for pitfalls, but I am startin to feel like the road we're walkin might be the right one. He wants me to tell him how to prove himself and I never even asked him to prove himself. I do want him to, but I figured askin for it would just start another fight. He offered it to me on his own!!

Girls, keep the prayers goin for us! I think it's workin! The porch is a powerful force for God!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  06:36:11 AM  Show Profile
Angela - I'm so happy for you. I really hope things have turned and will improve in your relationship. That he actually stood up to them is major and I hope you let him know how much you appreciate what he's done and is doing - praise always motivates them :O)

PeggyAnn - I'll have to work on getting a good picture done of me so I can start doing the picture swaps. It sounds like fun and it's always great to have a face to put with a name.

Today I woke up with a vicious headache bordering on a migraine. Thankfully everybody is out of the office, except for me, so I can turn out the lights and try to keep sensory overload to a minimum. I guess I shouldn't be surprised with all the nasty storm fronts moving in and out of our area that it triggered a headache this bad, but they're never pleasant to deal with.

Last night my man and youngest son got the cabinet put up in the laundry room that we got from Restore (Habitat For Humanity). Didn't get a chance to get the shelves in it yet. I had him hang it so that I could put quart canning jars on top of it for storage. The cabinet is tall enough that there are 3 shelves so it should help significantly with storage issues.

I was going to start a knitting project to only discover that I only have 1 needle the size I need and I have no idea where the other one is. I keep all my knitting needles in a vase for easy access. It was weird, I had one #7 and one #6 instead of pairs. Looks like I'll have to make a special trip to the knitting store to pick up a pair or order online.

Hope everybody's day goes well and we all remain free from any more snowfall.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

SweetTsEarthlyDelights
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Tina
Old Town Florida
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  06:36:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls,
I’m Tina the newbie :).
Jack and I are focusing on building a small farm on the 50 acres we rent. We have a little cottage that’s old and drafty but it’s hidden away surrounded by oak and pine trees. And we love it! We live in the northern part of Florida and it has been very cold but still green. I can’t imagine being in the snow or Ice like you girls. I will send some sunshine your way as soon as we get some. We are hoping to get a little log home on some land we will purchase as soon as we have saved enough. But for now the landlord says we can have goats and bees and chickens if we want. So this is very new to me but it has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl. I saw Little House on the Prairie and it was love.
I have found my very own Charles Ingles through trial and error LOL but I call him my Manley instead LOL. And life now begins with my very own rendition of Lil House on the prairie.
So once it gets warm enough I am going to buy my beehives and plant an additional bee garden. We have a butterfly garden and a veggie garden. So if I can befriend any of you true blue farm girls with the knowledge that would be great. We have a nice porch but no rockers (it’s on my wish list). But I will be sitting there in my mind’s eye hoping for warmer weather and a good year for my Farm girl Sisters.
It is so great to know that there are other women who love this life as much as I do.

www.FineArtByT.com
http://tinasartisticramblings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  08:11:47 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful news Angela. May God continue to give you DH wisdom and revelation.
Tammy I love going to the Restore. I have purchased several good things there for the remodel of the apartment. Great place to shop for house fixing stuff.
Peggy, glad that you two had a restful and relaxing day.
Bless all you ladies.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  10:03:24 AM  Show Profile
Tina...you should connect with Luanne (once her world quits spinning with the BF and mom health issues). Her and her boyfriend are beekeepers. I am sure they can give you lots of good advice. Might give the BF something to do while he is recooperating (helping you guys with his knowledge). I loved Little House on the Prairie too. Those were the best shows. I read all the books as an adult and wished I had had a daughter to share them with. So many good life lessons in those books. Well, at least by renting and starting out on someone else's property you will get a bit of experience under your belts before you get your own acreage. There are benefits in that! Can't wait to hear about your experiences. ~ back to the Little House on the Prairie...my oldest son had a girlfriend that use to call me the Little House on the Prairie Mom...because I always made freshed baked cookies...and always had plenty of milk to go with them, when the kids would come home from school. I hadn't thought about that for years. But you brought a memory to mind that made me smile! Thanks!

Angela...sounds like you and hubby will work things out just fine. Just remember every marriage is a lot of work no matter how good or bad it is. Somebody should have told us "exactly" how much work it would be before we said and signed those I Do's! lol You can ask any woman on here and she will tell you that it is a life long process and a lot of gutsy commitment and re-commitment. But it is our testing grounds for Eternity. If we can make marriages work and families work...we have accomplished our Schooling here on Earth. Praying for you girl!

Cherime and RFM Tammy...I have never been to the Restore but one of my Neighbors works at our local one. You gals have made me curious to go check it out now.

RFM Tammy...that is so funny about your Knitting Needles. I am like you, I keep mine bundled together too but I have mine in an over-sized Mason Jar. They look so cozy & homey sitting in the middle of my huge basket of balled yarns in the living room. You do know that once you go order replacement needles you will find the other one. lol They are probably stuck in balls of yarn somewhere.

Well girls...back to my Bible Study Prep Work. I just needed a little break. Hope you all have a nice day. It is suppose to be colder here but sunnier. I am all for Sunnier but wouldn't mind about 80 degrees. Ha Ha! Probably not going to happen in February.

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 08 2011 10:07:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  5:04:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! Haven't been to the porch in a while. So much to catch up on! Angela, I wish you all the best in your relationship. Sounds like you are making some solid improvements. Hang in there, it's worth it. :)
Snowing and blowing here today. I was soooo enjoying the 50 degree days, makes me wish spring would hurry up!
Off to taxi boys to wrestling practice and a 4-H meeting. Have a good night all!

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
www.artfire.com/users/BlondeNakCreations
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  5:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hello all new porchies! Glad to see you here!

Angela-that is good news and a good place to start. Keep us posted.

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  5:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey gals! I thought I'd pop in for a bit. DS is at scouts for an hour.

WooHoo, Angela!! Sounds like things are starting to work out. And yes be sure to let hubby know how much you appreciate him taking a stand like that for your marriage against his mom and aunt. I'm sure it's probably still difficult for him and all the encouragement you can give him will help loads. :) Still praying for you and hubby.

Judy~ Eeewwww. I was popping a reese cup in my mouth (yeah I blew my diet) as I read your post and almost yakked. LOL But will definately keep your BIL in my prayers.

Pam ~ Your tattoos sound awesome. I'm going to have to check out your blog later. Sounds like a hoot!

Tammy RFM~ I hope you are feeling better. {{HUGS}}

Tina~ I bet your place is beautiful. And how cool to have a landlord that will let you have all the critters and bees too?!

My cleaning streak at home fizzled out today. :( But I guess that's to be expected since I spent the day cleaning at the apartments. :( Honey man told me the sweetest thing last night. He told me with him getting this new job, I wouldn't have to work. I told him that was nice, but I would go nuts if I didn't work, but I could give up the apartment complex. That place is just so full of negative energy. It wipes me out! I'll have to wait and make sure his new job is going to work out first before I do anything drastic. But I would so LOVE to go to cleaning for individuals and families only!!

Have a good night ladies!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  6:56:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies!
Alicia, welcome back! It's always good to see new and returning faces on the porch:)
Melanie, I hope the job with your hubby turns out well. It sounds like the apartment complex is wiping you out!
Peggy, I wish for warmth and sun! I actually saw this thing on the news; in New York City they have an indoor park for people who don't like winter. It's warm, light, and they have fake bird noises and everything. Not exactly like the real thing, but it's better than nothing!
Angela, you and hubby will be in my prayers!
Well, I have some great news everyone! I turned in my elevator pass at school yesterday! I cut the cord, because even though I have taken the stairs the past few weeks, I always had that option to take the easy way out. But now I have to take the stairs full time, everyday! It's really exciting; I was starting to get a little too used to the inside of that elevator. I also found out that my World History teacher nominated me for the National Young Leaders Conference this summer. I'm super excited, now I have to save save save for it so that I can help pay for it. God knows it will be expensive! Well, may all your tomorrows be full of cheer!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  7:04:18 PM  Show Profile
Peg, I've not heard of that Bible. Sounds interesting. My SIL has an app on her phone called Bible Is. She showed it to me at the hosp yesterday. It reads it to you, plus you can read along. Very nice.
RFTammy, I hope your headache settled down.I had that the other day when it was so cold here and the weather was getting ready to change.
Angela, hang in there Girl.
Sorry about ruining a perfectly good Reese-cup. On the other hand...BAD GIRL for cheating on your diet. LOL...Gotcha!
Alicia, it has been awhile. Where ya been?
Well it's been reeeeeally cold today. 18 with a "real-feel" of 4. Right now at 10PM it's 11. brrrrrr. I didn't so much as poke my nose out today. Some Groundhog I am, huh? LOLOL
Good-nite girls!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  7:12:30 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn - definately check out the ReStore. My fiance had never been there until this past weekend and I don't know how many times he's mentioned he wished he'd known about it years ago. I find it a bit amusing because I've repeatedly described it, but I guess it's one of those places that until you've experienced it you don't get it. It's constantly changing so it's a store you have to visit frequently, sort of like a thrift store, to pick stuff up. It's sort of like those resale stores they show on TV that people go to and find replacements are items to repurpose. They had a real clawfoot tub there this past weekend in great shape. Would have loved to have gotten it but have to be practical because it won't fit in our bathroom. There was a brand new front load washer there for $300 too, probably a $900 machine. I just referred my oldest daughter there because she's trying to find appliances for the house she just moved into and is renting.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  7:43:29 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Judy-it should be illegal to be that cold! BRRRRRRRR!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page