Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  7:44:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh, BIL(Lenard) is still in the hospital...probably for a few days. Somebody asked earlier, I forget who.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  8:20:30 PM  Show Profile
Evening Porchies! Kiddos were out of school today for snow. I'm told we got more on the way. Oh well it was still a beautiful day. Sitting here working on Girl Scout stuff. Next weekend is a GS holiday. Thinking Day, where we celebrate GS around the world. Troops are setting up different booths from different countries and the girls can visit each booth and buy something for 25-50 cents. My girls are doing Madagascar so I'm working on last minute details. Soon we'll be setting up cookie booths. Whew! I'll get it done.

Still praying for you Angela. God's working on it.

Tina, welcome to the porch! So glad that you are here.

Well, ladies would anyone like a cup of hot tea and a chocolate chip cookie? It's cold outside but the stars are shining real pretty. Orion is in full view. Have a blessed night and day to come!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  04:54:37 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Wonderful news, Megan! How exciting! Hugs and prayers

The ReStores are loads of fun, but if you have a weakness for junk be warned. heehee I LOVE our ReStore! I'm planning on going this weekend. When it comes to shopping for the house I go there before I go on to Lowes or Menards. I'm going hunting for cabinets, some red and black paint and a window. And I'm sure I will come home with something else too. LOL

RoDonna~ My girls used to be in GS. My oldest is in band now and will be starting marching band next school year so she wants to focus on that more and the youngest... well let's just say our GS groups around here are not adventurous enough for her. She is playing basketball right now and enjoys it, but her first pick for a sport was hockey or wrestling (like the fake stuff on tv). She's a handful. hahaha But at least the neighbor girl is a GS so I don't have to worry about my cookie supply.

It's house cleaning day. Not mine, but for two clients. This is one of my favorite days to work. I'm with you Judy. It's way to cold! It's 11 degrees out this morning. Brrrrrr I am so ready for spring. My honey man actually remembered it was Valentine's Day weekend before I did. Oooooo He usually doesn't remember anything like this. Extra surprised since he's not a mushy romantic kinda guy. I'm trying to think of something to get for him or do for him, but I'm drawing a blank. Hmmm that'll give me something to think about at work today.

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  08:11:38 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...I need a little girlfriend time here to get my mind off my sister.
Hospice came in and brought her a hospital bed with a fancy air-mattress for her fragile little
body. Her husband is being a Horse's Patootie, saying stuff like "It will be a cold day when
someone comes in here and sets up a death-bed in my house." He is so in denial that her body
is shutting down. He thinks she is just giving up when in truth she is just giving in (finally)
and getting the in home care she needs. Why does it seem like that death brings out the worst
in people? Her husband's daughter is just 6 years younger than my sister...and she is just one
of those "in your face" and "in your business" sort of people and just stressing my sister out
to no-end. Anyway, enough of all that...

Had a hard nights sleep and woke up way too early. Spent some time with Papa in prayer and devotional
reading (night school) and then had too strong of coffee on an empty stomach...now I feel spiritually
better but physically grossed out and yucky!lol Ate a little breakfast but it isn't counter-acting the
coffee.

Yesterday, I went and bought Valentine's Stuff for my hubby and youngest son & girlfriend. All the other
kids and grand-kids live a distance away...so, just sent them cards. Except for my little Madeline who
I sent a package of goodies to. I love celebrating every Holiday. My husband said that the girl at the
post office loved how I decorated the Valentine's envelopes and Packaging...but that one stamp wouldn't
send the cards...because the cards were too puffy. I tell you the Post Office is getting on my last
nerve with how they now charge extra postage for every little thing. If your envelope is too fat or the
envelope is not a standard size (too small or too big). It is crazy. It takes a rocket scientist to figure
out what is expected of you just to mail out a letter these days. OK...I'll step down off my soap-box.

Back to my Retail Therapy yesterday...Fred Meyer had a really great buy on a 10 piece Pots and Pans Set.
They are Mirro Teflon Coated pans with really thick rubberized handles (no hot pads needed) and the glass
lids have air-vent holes for the steam to escape. They were on sale for $29.99 and had a $10.00 Store gift card
attached to each box. So in essence you got them for $19.99 a set. They had them in Grey or Red Colors. Bet you can guess which color I bought. I have been using my one and only set of pots and pans (Farberware) since 1972. Now it is nice to have pans that never wear out...up to a point. I love the Farberware don't get me wrong but you do get tired of looking at the same pans for 38 years! lol So, that was my Valentine Gift to myself. Red pots and pans...but I will still keep using my Farberware too. I also bought myself some flowers (four potted) Impatience Plants in a cute oblong copper planter. Set them and my Jasmine plant outside on the Porch yesterday
because it was sunny and nice for one day (felt like Spring) but had to bring them in last night because the
weather took another nose-dive. But hey, they cheered me up! So, I will keep them in the house until I can
safely put them back out on the Porch. I also bought a few packets of flower seeds as they were buy 2 get one free. My son's girlfriends birthday is next Thursday (the day of my surgery) bad timing on my part...So, I got her birthday gifts bought too, so I can give them to her before I go into the Hospital.

Today...I am going to do my best to try and transfer a rather large intricate pattern onto an apron to embroider. If I get that much accomplished today...I will be a happy girl. I have transfer issues! I am
transfer challenged.lol Can't seem to find an easy enough method for me. I wish they still sold more Iron
On Transfers. The only ones I can find that are Iron ons are very small patterns. Somethings don't get
easier with the new ways of doing things...or I am just whiny and stuck in my ways. With arthritis in my
hands...tracing patterns is not fun.

Well, OK...I've tortured you all long enough with my sullen mood...I'll go away now and try and figure
out something to do to cheer myself up. With my hubby gone all day it's me and Bella. So, my mood isn't
apt to change to much unless I really work at it...so, I need to go find my happy place for today.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  08:24:04 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, that was a good idea to get yourself a gift. We do need to do that stuff once in a while.
Will continue to pray for your sister and peace over all.
Angela, that is good news and will pray that DH continues to receive wisdom and revelation.
Melanie, our ReStore gets the oddest stuff also. I do love to poke around in there. I need to do the floor in my main living area this summer and will be looking there first. I am truly tired of OSB flooring. Although I do have a way to finish it that I might fall back on if I do not find anything I like at the ReStore. I sand off the words on the OSB, cut it onto halves and apply stain. Then several coats of bar varnish, the really tough stuff. Then rip some strips of pine down to 1/2 inch, stain them a darker color and screw down the OSB with the strips between to form a large 4ft by 4ft grid pattern. Cheap but a bit labor intensive. The words and the lines do not come easily off the OSB. I had to spend a lot of time with my belt sander on them. But it does look good.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  1:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Peggy-my heart and prayers go out to you right now. Some people are so afraid of death and losing someone (especially older men losing their wives). Always remember you can come here and vent, chat or get virtual hugs from us. What kind of pattern are you looking for? I have boxes and boxes of big patterns or I can do something for you.

The sun is out today and it is beautiful. I am having fun with my new phone-it's a droid and I've been downloading free apps. I found my favorite Austin Texas radio station and put it on my phone so I can listen to it while I walk the dogs.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  4:22:39 PM  Show Profile
Judy, Megan, thankx for the welcome back! Hmmm, I've been around, but it was soooo cold I wanted nothing more than a comfy blanket and my crochet. Thank goodness for the CarHart overalls my parents got me for Christmas a few years back! I throw them on over my jammies, bundle up and do my outside chores, and when I come back in I can still be in my jammies in front of the pellet stove. :)We had a teaser week of nice weather, as usual, but it was a bit early this year. 50+ the end of Jan!! Usually that's in mid/end of Feb. That melted what snow we had, brought on the mud (good thing Hubby got me a tractor for Christmas!) and I had a chance to play in the dirt a little, tending my little flower bed and riding horses a few days. Now it's cold again and I'm back to the crochet.

Tina-How exciting that you get to have your dream farmgirl life! Sounds like you have a great landlord. Chickens are so fun, you'll love them. Hubby wants to get some bees this year too.

Melanie-I'll keep you in my prayers! I hope DH's job works out for you guys. I am so thankful that Hubby got the job he did, I can stay home and take care of the boys and the "farm". It really was so hectic before. I hope you get a chance to slow down some!

Peggy- Big prayers for you, your sister and family. Sounds a lot like how my uncle reacted when my Aunt was in the final months of breast cancer. She was diagnosed at 32 years old, had the chemo, mastectomy, went into remission and did great for years. And then it came back and he had a real hard time dealing with it. And saying goodbye. They were Highschool sweethearts. It's been 3years and he's just now able to talk about those last months. Men sometimes have a hard time with emotional aspect of saying goodbye and letting go. Letting it be ok for her to be at peace. Stay strong for her.

We had a snow flurry over the weekend, but it's been sunny and nice today. Hubby wants a bit more snow so we can seed the pasture early. Otherwise we'll be waiting until about April. I caught Hubby's head cold. The stuffyness is gone, but there's a tickle in my throat and I'm losing my voice. :( I'll be drinking hot tea tonight. A popped pop corn kernel in the tea basket with Green Tea does wonders for this type of thing. And it tastes good.

Well, the boys are home from school. Time to get ready for wrestling practice (team pictures tonight). Evening ladies!

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
www.artfire.com/users/BlondeNakCreations
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  4:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Angela...Let DH go it alone for awhile longer...he didn't get enough shock therapy yet. It's not easy dealing with things alone, so he found out. Needs more of it to straighten him out so he will appreciate what you do. It will take some time for your MIL to get well. Sounds very bad actually. They need to put her in a rehab to get her stronger. She doesn't qualify for an assisted living facility unless she can do everything for herself which it doesn't seem like she can. Best to you all. How are the girls coping? How's it going with your mother? Prayers sent.

Peggy...Good Hospice is in and they ARE a Blessing. Poor sister has so much wrong with her it's hard to get over one thing let alone everything she has going on. I have dealt with all too many maniacs like your BIL> You can't reason with them so you don't try. Just what your sister needs a maniac SD too! All you can do is talk to her and reassure her and Pray for her and them. Sorry you have to deal with all this right before you go to the hospital. Stress is not good. Take yourself to the beach and talk to all of us. I'm coming too cause the beach calms me too. Let's listen to the waves and chillax! Feel the sand in our toes and the water rushing in? Now doesn't that feel better? Deep Breath sister! Here's a nice glass of whatever you want it to be. Anyone want to join us?

Hi to all you newbies and oldies. Prayers for everyone. My timer is going off so I must run, walk, LOL!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  5:01:49 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
so good to be here tonight its been so darn cold and windy..brrr
angela that sounds like your man really does want you and i will keep praying for all of you.
peggy so sorry for you and your DS my prayers are with you too honey..
tina how wonderful for you sweetie i'm jealous lots of luck ad fun.
tammy hope your headaches go away or at least find the reason for them..
i've had a really nice couple of days celebrating..
alicia i'm with you spring can't come soon enough for me..LOL
wel ladies time to do some work always a pleasure prayers for all
blessings and hugs deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  5:40:21 PM  Show Profile
OK Girls...Wonderful Idea Darlene!!! Anybody else ready for a Virtual Beach Party??? We will need to go somewhere warmer than the Oregon Coast this time of year because I want tropical weather, warm sand, beautiful blue ocean...let's see maybe Hawaii or the Bahamas. I've never been to either but today they sound like exactly what I need. I am grabbing up beach towels, beach umbrella (maybe/maybe not) will decide when we get there if we need it, suntan lotion/with sunscreen, beach chair, snorkels, swimsuit, flip-flops, sunglasses and a huge bucket of Pina Colada Mix.
What are you bringing to add to this FUN in the SUN Beach Trip? Ooooohhhhh, I can feel the hot sand between my toes now and the sun kissing my all too white skin! I think I'm in Heaven. DEEP DEEP DEEP REFRESHING, CLEANSING, AND HEALING BREATHS OF WARM SEA BREEZES. Just what the doctor (or Nurse rather) ordered!

Come on...join the party girls!!!!

Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 09 2011 5:45:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  6:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I am so there! My feet in the sand, a cute little umbrella in my tropical drink and the sun basking down on me. So wonderful!

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  8:14:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi sisters!
Judy, the other night we had wind chill of below 20. Too cold for my tastes!
Thanks Melanie! Hopefully once I'm able to run, I'll be able to go to our rugby practices just to throw the ball around and run. I miss my team!
Peggy, my heart goes out to you and your family. My Mom is a hospice nurse, and some of the stories she tells me are so sad and heartbreaking. Prayers and (((HUGS))) to you!
Alicia, I wish we had warm weather to melt our snow! Last week we got over 20" of it! Then we had really bad winds with that, so it made really bad drifts. My backyard is so bad my poochie has do her business on our driveway.
I'm in for the beach party! My friends and I were just saying we're tired of jeans and long sleeves and that we're ready for shorts and t-shirts!
Today I found a really interesting book in our school library. It's a book about how this woman and her three children went on a six month technology fast. I'm excited to read it. I've always wondered it would be like if I gave up tv or the computer. Hmm, something to think about! I also went to our Campus Ministry Council meeting this morning, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! We're planning Lent activities, and we have a student auction every year. I'm helping plan it! Our theme is Human Trafficking, so the money raised will go to our Salvatorian Sister Hope House. And now I have a four day weekend! Love to you all sisters!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  08:45:40 AM  Show Profile
I am up for a beach, a warm beach. I's drinking South Beach Rhythm coffee this am at work and so I's half way there.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  08:57:53 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, the beach sounds great to me too. Thanks for posting even your bad days. I have been having some bad days and just couldn't bring myself to post anything. I had a bit of a panic attack the other day. I'm so afraid I won't be able to find a job soon. There is not much here in this area that I am qualified to do. The quilt shop isn't doing well and she already has someone else to work while she is gone. I missed out because it took too long to get here. My only hope is to get some teaching classes. That all depends on if anyone wants to take the class and if I can get on a schedule. I also need to make new samples for the quilt shops. I only have 2 months worth of money left. I have never been in this situation before and with everything that has happened so far, I don't have much faith it will turn out the way I need it to. I realized if anything happens to my mom, I really won't have anywhere to go. I need to see some open doors.

Sorry for the downer. I hate to even voice my fears.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  11:35:09 AM  Show Profile
Dear Bunny, how frightening that all is. I will continue to pray for something to open that is going to be amazingly good for you.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  11:55:28 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy...See don't you feel a little better? I will bring some Jose Querrvo??? My older sister introduced it to me when my Mother died. What a time for a sister to corrupt you!!!LOL! We have Pam and Cherime joining us! Look out waves here we come! I love the waves!!! Whoo Hoo! I hope my bathing suit fits.

Bunny...Keep the Faith and we'll keep praying! It is so scarey. I have been there so many times in my life and it always works out. You are so talented. Are there any community collages you could teach at? Call up some area churches and see if any of the women's groups would want to learn to quilt. Give free demo's for any groups, PTA, Women's clubs, anyplace there are meetings that have guest speakers or demos. This will lead up to teaching and maybe a job. The more exposure you can get the better for you. A free demo can lead to weekly paid instructions. Good Luck, you are so talented. How's it going with your Mom and her situation? Any nursing homes around? See if you can get a job in the Activities Dept. Just some thoughts!

Megan...You are an inspiration and a breath of fresh air. You are going places girlfriend! Your parents have raised an amazing young lady. What do you think you want to go to college for? Did you get my BD package?

Pam...I love your tats! Beautiful like you! I can't find your video...what am I doing wrong? I hope I don't embarrass you at the beach when I'm flying,walking,through the water!Did you get everyone's addresses? I'll send them if you need any. I purposely didn't send them so everyone in the swap stays in touch so we don't lose people on the way.

Cherime...You are quite the carpenter. What is that board you are talking about? Don't forget your bathing suit and make us some boogie boards ok?

I must tell you this...I am highly allergic to many things and one time I ended up in the ER from a severe reaction to a face moisturizer. Wellllll,on tuesday I put a new concealer under my eyes and yesturday my eyes swelled and are red, watery and they feel swollen and like some punched and bruised them. Still today but a little less. My eyeballs never hurt like this before. I think it's time for Benadryl and if not better tomorrow, the doctor. GEEZ!

My son made it to France safely but there was a blackout at the airport before he left that was chaotic. Because I told my son that I heard the terrorists had announced they were targeting France he emailed me that he had taken Bin Laden out when he tried to takeover his hotel!!!! Who knew!!! So now we don't have to worry anymore...LOL! We never stop worrying about our kids no matter how old they are! They in return never stop wondering why we are overboard! He said he is eating alot of oysters...I love oysters!

Made some pin wheel quilt blocks for my quilt swap in spring colors and they look fantastic and Easter like!

Prayers daily!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  12:14:05 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Bunny-please feel free to vent, share your fears and just be you when you are here. That's what we are here for! I know it can be scary right now but I also know that you are resourceful, talented and I'm sure you can find something. I wish you were closer to Portland because there are a lot of opportunities for quilting classes and fabric shops. I would definitely check with some other places about having a quilting class. Maybe a community center? The YMCA? Also, volunteering at some places can get your foot in the door for jobs. That's how I got my job at the crisis line 8 years ago.

Darlene! Darling! I'm out there in the waves with ya! Yahoo! I'm glad your son made it to France safely. Is the Benedryl kicking in? If not-GO TO THE DOCTOR! Don't make me tell ya twice (hee hee) Here's a link to all my videos on the Craftster channel. I'm getting ready to do a gardening one in the next week or so. http://www.youtube.com/user/craftster

We did an evaluation of a young kid today who caused a serious accident. He is a good kid, just made a stupid mistake-not a criminal at all. His mother called me to thank me for being nice to her son and to just talk for a minute. It was very sweet.

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  12:23:34 PM  Show Profile
Well, I applied for 2 jobs at the health clinic here. I figure it will at least get me started. I'm willing to do just about anything at the moment. My mom is in surgery for her foot today. Hopefully they will put her in something so she can still walk. The walker is getting hard to move around.
I know I'll be ok. Just having a bit of a panic and needed to vent somewhere. I just hate the thought of getting a job doing something other than what I'm good at. But at this point, money is what I need. The rest will take care of itself.
I have checked at the local college and they weren't interested. My mom said someone use to teach there but maybe they didn't get enough interest. Quilters are a fickle bunch.
Anyway, feeling a bit better after sending in an application. Hopefully I'll hear something.

Later, feeling the sand in my toes!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  12:51:24 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh yeah! Darlene! Can you send me the addresses? I am putting the finishing touches on all the ornaments. Thanks hon!

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  2:58:21 PM  Show Profile
Well it's 18...wind-chill 0 :O Hard to believe it's going to be 40 on Monday...(they say) OK...I have my My sarrong on, a flower behind my ear, sunglasses, fruity-coconutty drink in one hand and jar of mango-butter in the other.....I'm off to the beach. Ya comin???

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

SweetTsEarthlyDelights
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Tina
Old Town Florida
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  4:33:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy Smiles
I am so glad to bring a smile to your face. I love to smile
Thank you so very much for the shared info and I will keep in touch. I am so loving this Farm Girl connection and all of the women here. I feel realy good about what we are doing and I love everyones support.
Thank You
T

quote:
Originally posted by AliciaNak

Hi ladies! Haven't been to the porch in a while. So much to catch up on! Angela, I wish you all the best in your relationship. Sounds like you are making some solid improvements. Hang in there, it's worth it. :)
Snowing and blowing here today. I was soooo enjoying the 50 degree days, makes me wish spring would hurry up!
Off to taxi boys to wrestling practice and a 4-H meeting. Have a good night all!

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
www.artfire.com/users/BlondeNakCreations

www.FineArtByT.com
http://tinasartisticramblings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

SweetTsEarthlyDelights
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Tina
Old Town Florida
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  4:37:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi BeeKeepers girl. I pray that all is well for you and your Love. If and when you have time I would love to learn a little more about beekeeping we are going to get a beehive or two and I am nervous and excited. I would love to keep in contact with you when you have the time.
Be well and blessed.
Tina

quote:
Originally posted by beekeepersgirl

Hi Everybody !

Welcome to all our new "porchies" - I'm sure you will all love it here as much as I do!

Not much new here - BF had a really good weekend, and goes back to the cardiologist tomorrow. I'm hoping he will get permission for a little more activity, as the sitting around and doing nothing is driving him crazy. I guess that is a good sign - he must be feeling better if he is bored. My Mom goes for a stress test today and then an echocardiogram - so prayers for her would be appreciated also. The doctors are still trying to figure out why she is having black-out spells.

Still cold and nasty here in Northeast PA - I don't usually mind winter, but this year seems worse for some reason - couldn't be because I'm getting older, now could it?

Oh yeah - there's valentine's cupcakes and white chocolate tea waitin' on the porch if anybody would like some!

Thank you everybody for all your e-mails and concern - it's the best knowing that you are all out there.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

www.FineArtByT.com
http://tinasartisticramblings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  5:55:31 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
i'm in for the beach party and boy do i need it ...
just let me dig out my bathing suit...and suntan lotion...lol
bunny will pray something good comes your way fast...and lots of doors open..
tina bob is handsome and all those adorable pups..
darlene hope your feeling better how awful..
peggy my prayers are with you dear...i'll bring some tequila to the beach too.
night all blessings and hugs deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  9:15:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi sisters!
Darlene, you are so sweet! I did get your birthday package. Thank you for that and the sweet compliment:) I want to either go to Emory University or Davidson College to become an English teacher. Either that or a journalist or something in the publishing industry. One day I might even want to open a publishing house.
Judy, I'm at the beach with ya! I got my suit on, sunglasses ready, and a good novel in hand! Let's go!
Alicia, send some warm weather our way! Last week, we had a lot of snow, and my poor poochie has to go to the bathroom in our driveway because the snow is too high in our backyard.
Peggy, my prayers and hearts go out to you and your family. My Mom is a hospice nurse, and some of the stories she tells me are so sad. (((HUGS))) to you sister!
Melanie, thank you! I'm really excited for my progress!
For my first day of a four day weekend, I vegged. It's nice to not have to worry about anything or go anywhere, just spend the day doing what you want. I worked on my caps though, and I read some of one of my books that I've been reading, so it wasn't a completely pointless day! Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment, and I'm excited to see what he says about my progress! May your tomorrows be full of blessings and joy!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  11:24:28 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
WooHoo GirlFriends, It's Friday At Last! I am soooo looking forward to the weekend even if I may not see my honey as much as I had hoped. He was supposed to work day shift for two weeks before going to thirds, but he got to start third shift last night instead. I haven't talked to him yet to see how it went. I'm waiting for him to call me. I know he didn't get near enough sleep yesterday before going in and I am not about to call and wake him up. We have a ball games and I get to go to the ReStore this weekend so I'm all excited. It's the little things that make me happy. LOL

The beach is wonderful! I was sick of the cold weather back home. Who's idea was it for us to pack up and come down here? Absolutely marvelous idea!

Time to get the kids from school. See ya'll afterwhile. Oh and I stopped at the store yesterday after an interview with a new client and bought some new tea, Jasmine white tea. I'll leave some on the porch for everyone. Enjoy!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page