Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  09:05:03 AM  Show Profile
Hey gals, who wants to try their hand at roping? I'll bring the dummy....my husband!!! haha! I got some new ropes that need broke. Remember its all in the wrist...

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
http://www.harvestthymefarm.vpweb.com
www.onefunkyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
~Let me take ya for a ride on my big green tractor~
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  09:48:11 AM  Show Profile
Sorry girls, but I've got nothing but rain and some snow flurries here, but we need all the rain we can get, and cloudy sunrises are some of the prettiest.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  10:39:13 AM  Show Profile
Fair enough, ladies. I'm sending you all the sunshine my mind can transmit. Hope y'all like it! Now, if you head down to the east side of the porch, you can sit like a cat in a sunbeam. There are a couple of rockers down that way that are just beggin' to be used!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  12:36:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes! A rocker in the sun, a cup of coffee, watching the chickens scratch, listioning to the birds sing. I doesn't get much better than this. Thanks for the sunshine, I really needed it.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  12:51:49 PM  Show Profile
oh heading to the rocker in the sun...with tea to listen to the birds sing. ahhhh so nice!!! Thanks for the sunshine I really needed it.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  2:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
Hee hee... something about this porch always whets my appetite; all these lovely foods you describe LOL! Dinner will come to our house shortly. In the meantime, I will bask with Tammy and the singing birds in that sun. We have precious little of it here today LOL!

~April
http://aprilsatelier.wordpress.com/
Sisterhood #: 594
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  3:08:49 PM  Show Profile
That sunshine and those birds are very warming to my cold bones.
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  4:07:48 PM  Show Profile
Just feed the Turkeys and the other birds sitting in the late afternoon sun. Face turned to catch the last rays light. I need to start closing the windows and getting ready for a long cold night.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  4:38:10 PM  Show Profile
How about a big duck, shrimp, crawfish, and oyster gumbo!!!!! Gumbo weather, for me, is almost over, so one more good gumbo sounds good to me. Julie the farmgirls are here for you. Are you feeling any better? Sure hope so. Gee, the way Teresa described the frosting on that cake make me so hungary for sweets. But, I'd rather brownies. LOL. Julie, I have been telling Teresa how her writing is like reading pictures. She should be an author. I've never met her sweet hubby, but I can see him in my mind. What a true love story there.
I asked Luck Dog is he would like to come out to the porch, but he said no. He had two teeth pulled last week. He is just back to eating hard food. He said he would come later. He would also like the farmgirls to know that he absolutley loves bacon. Hint, hint.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  5:17:34 PM  Show Profile
Marly, you make that gumbo, and I'll be right there, I love gumbo

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  6:19:49 PM  Show Profile
I will bring the brownies. I was home from work today due to ice on the roads so had time to bake.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  6:53:01 PM  Show Profile
Okay girls. Tomorrow we'll start the gumbo. Teresa, while I'm cooking, I'd like you to tell me more stories about your sweet hubby. I love hearing such love. Tammy, please, please bake lots of brownies. No icing, just chocolate brownies. Maybe the other girls would like the icing, but not me. Who would like to bring the dessert? Maybe, Alee. No, she's too busy taking care of sweet little Nora who is sick. Hugs to Nora. Alee, let us know when she is better.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Downhome CountryGirl
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Sam
Klondike Texas
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  07:28:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Downhome CountryGirl a Yahoo! Message
You Dear Beautiful Ladies,

I hope you don't mind I was reading back after my eye caught the topic (with me still being new and all) with this image of my great grandparents old porch swing with the breeze blowing and the birds singing and my favorite the turtle doves and whipper wills, the peace that flowed over me. I kept reading like a good book with grins and giggles and some occasional tears as though I have known you ladies all my life. I can't say thanks enough for the memories that through reading the postings made me recall. But I must admit that I kinda felt like that little girl again that the older women would tell to go play and I would hide behind that big old oak tree just to listen to the stories and admire them as they would cackle like a bunch of old hens. So ladies if you don't mind I would like to join yall on the porch.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  07:43:02 AM  Show Profile
Sam, you are more than welcome to join in.

Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  08:11:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
Sam, pull up a rocker! The air is perfect, and the gumbo is on. ;-)

~April
http://aprilsatelier.wordpress.com/
Sisterhood #: 594
Go to Top of Page

Downhome CountryGirl
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Sam
Klondike Texas
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  08:55:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Downhome CountryGirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Girls

I need to sit on the porch a while so if you hear those old chains on that swing you know it's me.
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  09:00:05 AM  Show Profile
Ah yes Gumbo! I like mine with a little white rice. Maybe I will make some. I love brownies. Maybe a few walnuts too! Yum! You what this meal needs a little sunshine on a plate. I think I will make a pineapple upside down cake. Keep talking gils. I can hear you from the kitchen. Teresa love hearing about your hubby. They are always with us when we keep them alive in our heart. Reminds me of good times too. Also reminds me to grab each day with both hands and to love on the ones around us for we never know whats around the corner.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

Downhome CountryGirl
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Sam
Klondike Texas
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  09:20:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Downhome CountryGirl a Yahoo! Message
Ladies I made some fresh tea it's in the fridge.
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  09:42:12 AM  Show Profile
Um....I think I just roped somebody. No one's hurt right?

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
http://www.harvestthymefarm.vpweb.com
www.onefunkyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
~Let me take ya for a ride on my big green tractor~
Go to Top of Page

Downhome CountryGirl
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Sam
Klondike Texas
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  09:46:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Downhome CountryGirl a Yahoo! Message
Nope I'm fine but I must know where you aiming for my feet when you got my head or is that what you where aiming for.LOL It's been about 7months since I last picked up a rope so if I came to play it might get alittle crazy.Ha Ha
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  12:22:03 PM  Show Profile
I just took a big batch of oatmeal raisen cookies out of the oven. The kitchen sure smells great. I may just have to make a batch of brownies. Sure hope you like my guilded lilly brownies, full of chocolate chips and walnuts and chocolate ganache on top. Trust me, one of those puppies is enough to satisfy any chocoholic!
I sure hope the coffee has some chickory in it...it can get so strong but never bitter. We have a hard time finding it in Indiana.
Our freezing rain has stopped so we need our imaginations to conjour up any sunshine right now.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

Downhome CountryGirl
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Sam
Klondike Texas
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  2:08:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Downhome CountryGirl a Yahoo! Message
Well our rain wasn't freezing but it was rain and that is bad enough, but the sun shine has been out today and as bright as ever. It must be the the way the breeze is blowing or the temperature that it is, because it sure seems like spring is near. Time to start getting ready for the garden I can't wait how about you. Well that is if I can get one that floats the almanac is showing quiet abit more rain ahead for us. I hate to say it but it wasn't wronge for the winter we have had it prodicted a wet and cold one and I do believe we have had it. So I'm gonna share my sun shine with ya Nancy enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  4:48:36 PM  Show Profile
I've been so busy with life that I have missed just sitting and rocking :)
So thank you for the invitation to just sit with you girls for a while.
I'll bring my tea and be right there.
Tammyb

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  5:03:45 PM  Show Profile
EEEK!, The world is such a mess...I shouldn't read the news =(...I'm getting my jasmine tea and sitting in this wonderful and genteel company of ladies ...so peaceful, my cat, Tia has come to curl up on my lap =) How are you all? *hugs for hug day!*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  6:12:57 PM  Show Profile
I took a break to check things at home. I was compelled to see if I had gained weight with all the good food I had been eating. Oh, I didn't want to do it!! As I stepped on the scale, I exhaled, tried to be light, but the needle inched up 6 lbs. heavier than I had been. Oh I hate to DIET! So as good as this is, I think I had better stick with tea & your friendship. You ladies are all great cooks.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page