Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  12:38:02 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by pegsmiles

Hi My Porchies...I was on here and typed a nice long post the other night and then my computer 'hick-uped' and I lost it all. That is so discouraging to me that then I don't have the energy to replicate it all. So,
I just get on and read and not post. Does anyone know why laptop keystrokes jump around a lot? I think there must surely be an adjustment I can make on the computer to correct that but I just don't know where. What I mean is...like I will be typing a sentence and all of a sudden it is typing the words back in the middle of the previous line. Drives me to the edge I swear.

Anyway...

Bunny sounds like things are looking up for you. Glad to hear about the date. yahoo!!

Pam...loved the "calm" tea. Just what I need with a computer that has a mind of it's own. lol

Megan...I know you can make your Spring Break great even with bad weather!

Cherime...sorry about that added furnace expense. Hurts the pocket book...to have those unexpected problems arise. Glad you have heat though. Alaska is the last place I would want to live without heat!

Well we have a little sun today...so I am off to go dig in my garden.

Hugs and Loves,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Hey Peggy.....I have the same computer problem, occasionally. And I have a desktop. Sounds more like an ISP problem than your computer itself. When the signal is weak or too spread out due to over use locally it causes a slow down in the reception. Your typing faster than the provider can process it. Just a thought! :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  3:22:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies,
Just popping in to say Happy Easter. It is rainy and dreary here but I have really been enjoying my spring break from my little butterflies. I could get used to staying in my pj's for bit each morning as I have my morning tea.

Pam thanks for the tea. I have not tried it yet but will soon. Didn't know it was brewed in Portland. I always enjoy interesting trivia about tea.

Had lunch with my mom today. Great food and conversation. Enjoyed a leisurely afternoon with her.

Been doing some reading and beginning a small quilt project. Just something simple for me this time around. MY last quilt took over a year so I need a bit of easy this time.

well just wanted to "fly" in and say hello.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://wingsofpurple.wordpress.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  4:40:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Just wanted to wish you all a Happy & Blessed Easter!
Mel & Angela, thanks for all the goodies on the porch. I was wondering about the oatmeal quick-bread too. Seems like we make it in Home-Ec.....100 years ago.LOL
Uh...Croation Baby Jesus bread....wassat? hahaha
Darlene, I love anything licorice and have tried a few different teas. Some are nice and strong and sweet(stevia) and some are blaaaah :P
Pam thanks for the Tazo Tea. You're right...they have good teas.
Luanne, I'll add your cousin to my prayer list. How is she?
Melanie, I was wondering about that movie, "Country Strong." I heard the music to it and liked that. It's amazing who can sing and not just act. Now dancing???....that's another matter. hahahaaha
Bunny, you cracked me up. Glad your kitties and Cheetos could help...dunno 'bout Mr Earl Grey with it though! LOL
Well it's been raining here every other day too. Looks like a wet Easter for most of us.
Have a great day girls!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Apr 23 2011 4:42:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  6:27:25 PM  Show Profile
Hope everyone has a nice Easter!

HMMMMMM Cheetos and tea...interesting combo Bunny! :)

Here's a pic of my Honey Oat bread. It makes for a terrific ham sandwich. Slather on some mayo (Miracle Whip for me)add the ham and some Pepper Jack cheese, couple large romaine leaves, paper thin slices of red onion, tomato slices and salt and pepper!!!!!! OH SO YUMMY! Hope y'all enjoy.

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  7:16:33 PM  Show Profile
Mel, your bread looks yummmy! Elaine, I want to come to your house for Easter... good cooking!
Well, I emailed my "date" and told him what happened almost as soon as I got home. He emailed back shortly afterwards saying all was ok. He thought the restaurant I had gone to was a nice one and said "you had the better instinct". And then said we would try again next week and he would buy me dinner there. So all is forgiven.

Pam, I would love to meet you for a girls day out in Portland. I'll let you know when my next Saturday free is. Plans seem to be piling up so it may be a few weeks away. My friend from California is coming up to visit May 2 for a week and taking me to Seaside. Her and her husband have a timeshare and we are staying there.

I made one of my purses for a friend (she ordered it special so I got to make some money). Anyway, she liked it so much she is ordering another one. Yea! It looks like two others may be sold so I may have to get sewing again. So that's some extra cash coming in.

Peggy, I do the same skipping thing with my keyboard. I can't figure out what I do either. I think it has something to do with the mouse pad thingy. I think my hand must hit it and so something. Anyway I feel your pain.

I'm missing my kids big time this Easter. For the last 6 years have met at my house and just enjoyed the day with food, movies and chocolate Easter bunnies from See's Candy. (a tradition from my childhood). Everyone is a bit lost and spending it in different places. At least none of us is spending it alone.

Well, my chocolate Easter bunny is mucking up the keyboard. How do you get chocolate out from in between the keys..(kidding!).... Not!
Oh, BTW, Judy, your cards are sooo cute. I love the one with I'm assuming your face with the bunnies hopping or dancing everywhere. The one with the bunny and hidden eggs made me feel like a little girl again. Something my grandma would have sent. Anyway... Thank You!

Everyone have a wonderful Easter Sunday!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  01:04:43 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...We had a beautiful 71 degree day today! Loved It...beyond words. It just makes me want more and yet the rain returns tomorrow. Yuck!

Have a very close friend who is 46 years old (she is in the Bible Study Group I teach). Her name is Verla...she had a heart attack two days ago. It was a miracle she lived through it and she will have open heart surgery this coming Wed. so please keep her in your prayers. She has veins and arteries that turn to
sawdust,literally disinegrating. She has one completely blocked artery and 4 partially blocked. They found only 3 arteries that they can use to replace three of the five. It is a very risky surgery for her because of the artery disease she inherited from her dad. He died at 58 yrs old. She is trusting God. The first Dr. she saw...said, go home and live your life to the fullest for the next 6 months to a year. The Surgeon seemed more opptomistic. Gave her a 75% chance of making it through the surgery.

I went to Saturday Night Church Service...since it is suppose to rain tomorrow. It was Awesome! When my DH and I left they were getting ready to baptize hundreds of people. Would have loved to stay and watch the baptisms but we had left the dogs for 6 hours...which was 2 hours too long. Our Pastor just wrote a book about our Church called "The Dangerous Church", I bought it tonight. Will read that tomorrow for my Easter Sunday Message.

Mel...that bread looks yummy!

Bunny...glad you got a rain-check on that date!

Pam...got your message today. Glad you liked the Yoyo's.

Teacher Tammy...glad you have had Pajama time on your Spring Break. Everyone deserves those days!

Elaine...I'm coming to your house for Easter dinner! You were making my mouth water!

Judy...I am with you...I laughed over the Croation Baby Jesus Bread.

OK Angela give us the scoop on just what that is.

Well...I am off to bed girls. Left a few pots of French Vanilla Tea on The Porch along with some delicious Lemon Bars. Enjoy! AND GLORIOUS EASTER TO ALL MY PORCHIE SISTERS!

Quote: "JOY is not in things...it is Jesus Christ and other people."

Love and Hugs,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 24 2011 01:14:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  05:12:35 AM  Show Profile
happy easter porchies
just getting ready to cook the big dinner
crown roast pork , spiral ham with apricots
roasted sweet potatoes and the list goes on...LOL
was up at 5:00am to make the biscuts..you all have a wonderful blessed day
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  06:36:50 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Happy Easter everyone!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  09:48:07 AM  Show Profile
Happy Easter to you all. I'm not cooking except for making the mashed potatoes for today's dinner at friend's house. Like Peggy-Ann, my kids are all scattered to the 4 winds and spending time with friends eases the loneliness a bit.

Mel, I am a bread baker and must say your bread looks wonderful. I'd love to have the recipe.

Bunny, happy to hear all's well after the aborted date. I wish you well with your new friend. As for your friend who's facing open heart surgery, she's in my prayers. My older brother has had 8 such operations over the past 10 years and is still hanging in there. His heart is strong, it's his arteries that sound similar to your friends. They just rupture and he's run out of his own replacement vessels so I expect him to start oinking soon, he's so full of pig vessels.

Ladies, I can't tell you how comforting it is to pop on and read about your lives, the good, the bad and always, the normal. We sometimes feel we're the only one who's lost a job, gotten sick, went broke, had to move away from family, etc. We seem to be landing on our feet no matter what is thrown our way and that's a lesson to us all. Friends, whether near or far, met in person or on-line, help to keep us sane and grounded.

Hope you all have a glorious day!

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  09:58:25 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

I forgot to get a pic of the ones I made and there wasn't a single one left over! I pulled the pic from the recipe I used and I'll post it here.

This pic shows it twisted, we actually braided three pieces together.

I guess all the breads turned out pretty good, I came home empty handed. My Hubby and I split one of the baby Jesus breads and got one hot cross bun and slice of challah bread at lunch yesterday. By the time we got ready to come home there wasn't anything left!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  12:15:59 PM  Show Profile
Happy Easter Sweet Porchies,

All these pictures of bread make my mouth water. Was to church this morning. Just love Easter service. We are just celebrating quietly today after last week's big celebration with confirmation. But I am so enjoying just being with my family and piddling around here.

I wish you all a blessed day. You are such dears to me and so deep in my heart.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://wingsofpurple.wordpress.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  3:51:58 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi and Happy easter to all of you!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  4:12:08 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY EASTER GIRLS!

Angela...love the Croation Baby Jesus Bread. Sweet! Is it a sweet bread or regular bread flavor?
Thanks for the picture.

Hugs and Easter Joy,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  4:45:47 PM  Show Profile
Happy Easter Girls!!!

Our dinner was great. The day here was beautiful - sunny and 85 degrees!!!
I hope everyone had a safe and happy weekend.

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

Farmgirl sister #2822
http://embchicken.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  4:58:53 PM  Show Profile
I enjoyed the bread pics. Thanks for sharing. That croation bread is so neat...and so shiny.
I took a nice ham steak to Mom's and some frozen corn and a coconut single-layer cake and she made the mashed taties and an apple pie...and of course cinny-sugar strips out of the left-over pie crust(the best part of pie) YUMMY! We had a nice, quiet day together just being Mother&Daughter! I love it! It rained all day. But it stopped long enough for me to go around the block and walk off some of that food, then it started again. Everything is getting so pretty and green. The flowers say "Easter" to me with all the pastel colors.
Peggy, I'll put Verla on my prayer list.
Well time for a glass of low-sodium, spiced V-8(need those veggies) and a good read. Later Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  9:09:06 PM  Show Profile
Peggy...It's a sweetened bread. It has quite a bit of sugar in it. We also brushed the top of the dough with egg wash like the recipe said and boy did it turn out shiny!

It was really nice and I've had dozens of requests for the recipes for all three breads, so I guess everyone liked them! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  08:47:43 AM  Show Profile
Ah the joys of having a DD who loves to cook. Spend Easter Dinner time at D & SL's got sent home with a care package that will keep me fed at work for a week. As for DD's insulin pump, it appears that she has finally got it tweaked correctly. There is a new one out that she is going to get info on that does not use tubing. But she got her first paycheck and one third of the money she gets goes to pay the health care premium. Ouch! She is also having issues with one of the people that goes to the food bank for the non-profit we used to be with. DD now goes for her new job and the woman who goes there for the old non-p is raising a stink about a whole lot of stuff while ignoring the rules that apply to bringing children and letting them go in and grab stuff. Alaska is such a small town that it really makes it difficult some times to just move on when you have those who want to nothing but ferment trouble. That woman was always a difficult person to deal with. We are asking God to take care of this one as only He can.
Bunny, that sounds like one of my total weird outs. But glad that you are getting a rain check on dinner.
It was a wonderful Easter and our church had an awesome service. Very enjoyable. Blessing on all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  11:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Cherime...care packages are the best. It's usually me doing the giving of them though. Glad your daughter is doing better with the pump. My niece has a 9 yo on the pump. Poor kiddos. Health insurance is a pip! They really need to get it under control in this country. The insurance companies rape everyone. They need to be kicked out of the politicians pockets! Unless you're wealthy or own nothing you can't get any help. There are so many organiztions helping the needy. What would people do without them? Rebuke the lady in the name of Jesus and let him handle her! Prayers sent.

Peggy...Prayers for Verla. How did your little Bunny enjoy Easter?

Did anyone receive their April ornament yet?

Door open and screened in porch wonderful! Supposed to rain the rest of the week though. Can't wait to get my garden started!

Bunny...Things are finally getting better for you. Vacation and all! You go girl!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  12:01:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a fabulous Easter with your families. From the looks of it, it seems like everyone enjoyed their day.
Peggy, I managed to make my spring break pretty enjoyable:)
I have to go to school tomorrow, but I wish I didn't! The weather is finally looking up! But maybe I'll be able to do my homework outside...Hopefully! I hope everyone is getting the good weather, too!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  12:26:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi all~ After such a beautiful day yesterday it was kind of a downer to wake up and see fog. As a matter of fact all I could see was fog. But it is not raining so I should just be happy with that and move on.

Peggy~ I am sending prayers for Verla.

Cherime~ My nephew has been on a pump since he was 11 - it is terrible. Is your DD's new pump called an omnipod? One of the st graders at school has one and she loves the freedom of no wires!

Darlene~ I am in total agreement with o about the insurance companies. The worst part about them is half the time they don't even let your doctor make a decision about your care! Hnestly I don't know how some people lay their heads to rest at the end of the day.

Well I am one happy camper because I have leftovers from Easter dinner to have for dinner tonight. It is like a night off for me!
Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

Farmgirl sister #2822
http://embchicken.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  12:41:36 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies!
I've been MIA for a bit (seems to be happening more often lately) that's just life for now.
I've been reading up since I was last here and have missed a lot, as usual!

Darlene, I'm so sorry for your loss but so glad you were blessed with such a dear.
Melanie - I love the name of your business and pray that you have much success with it.
Cherime - sorry about the furnace but glad it was fixable. Praying that you and yours will enter a season of peace with your health, homes and jobs.
Peggy - I'll be lifting Verla and her family up to our heavenly Father and you, too. I would love to hear you have a miracle of pain-free living.
Bunny - the new job sounds like it is going very well and a DATE!! wow - here's to hoping you guys can connect at the right place and time this week.
Pam - thank you so much for the tea! "Calm", I just love the name itself. Planning on finding a quiet spot this week to sit and sip. How goes the job search?
Luanne - I hope you had a safe and enjoyable trip/visit with your mom. I'll be praying for your cousin, too.
Judy - thank you for the cards from silly to sublime- they are wonderful!
RFM Tammy - praying for Matthew to have a safe deployment and peace for you.
TL Tammy - it is such a sweet blessing to watch your children grow in their faith. Congrats.
Hi Elaine. It's nice to see you here.
Megan, I'm glad you had a nice break. My kids ended up back at school and only had Friday off - they had snow days to make up.
Angela - as always your baking and gardening stories make my mouth water.
Nancy - I agree that this is a wonderful place to come and get grounded again.

I hope to be back later this week but even when I can't post, I keep you and this special place in my heart.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  3:50:19 PM  Show Profile
Happy belated Easter everyone! Things have been crazy here as usual so I don't get a chance to get to the computer much recently. Haven't had a chance to catch up yet but hope Easter found everyone happy and healthy.
Pam-you sent one of my favorite teas!!! I love Tazo calm, especially after a rough day at work. Thank you so much :-)

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  04:51:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi everybody!

Happy Late Easter to you all. I got home from Vermont late last night, and had a wonderful Easter with my Mom. She is doing really well from her surgeries in February - nothing seems to stop her.

Thank you all for the prayers for my cousin. It means so much to know you are all out there even when I'm not on-line for a few days. Her kidneys are shutting down, and she will be starting dialysis later this week. We are all praying this will help.

I'm so glad everything seems to be improving for so many of you!

Hugs to all,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  08:45:00 AM  Show Profile
Elaine, she has just been looking at this point. The one she has is a Minimed. She is looking at what else is out there now that she is employed again.
Darlene, the health care situation in this country is going to bankrupt us. I guess someone wrote a book about the four various models used in the developed world. I understand that he said we have all four and none of the is working well. I surely do know that one. Had we had health care my DH would be alive today.
Well ladies I will raise a cuppa to us. God bless us one and all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  3:43:25 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, I need your prayers for peace and guidance. Our life here has taken a very hard turn.

My almost 17 year old just told me she's pregnant. There was plans for her to marry her boyfriend in about 4 months, before he went to boot camp. Now things are gettin messed up cause his family thinks she's just tryin to trap him.

Everyone is gettin involved and he's scared and confused. I would really like to sit down and talk with them both alone, so we can make a plan and figure this all out. The fact is if he panics and bails, we will be the ones takin care of this baby. I think this should be between the kids and us since no one else will be raisin or payin for this baby.

I'm feelin very unsteady right now. Like the ground is spinnin under me. I don't like this at all. I'm not supposed to be a grandma at 34!

My Hubby is pretty upset right now as well. He is certian that her boyfriends family will convince him to leave her. He keeps sayin stuff like, 'If they break him and her up I'll break up each one of them into little pieces!' and such. He was so proud of all those two had made it through and how well they were handlin feuds and fussin with each other. We were both sure they would make it.

Right now we're just tryin to help her hold it together and figure out as much of this as we can.

On the slightly brighter side... I tend to cook when I'm upset. I have 3 1/2 dozen jars of jelly on the counter and 2 more batches of violet jelly to get done. I think I'll get some dandilions picked and get started on that jelly too.

I'll have a full pantry of springtime jelly by the time this all settles down. Cannin and cookin soothes me. Maybe I'll make up some cinnamon rolls and egg wraps for the freezer.

Any advice?

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Edited by - natesgirl on Apr 26 2011 3:46:57 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page