Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  7:35:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi porchies!
Angela, my prayers and thoughts are with you. If your daughter picked the right guy, then hopefully he won't let his family influence his heart. I'll pray for your daughter and her boyfriend.
Well, as of tomorrow, I'll be half a quarter away from being a sophomore in high school! Ah, how time flies... It seems like just yesterday it was Freshmen Fun Day and I was so scared! And I was scared of the sophomores espcecially, but I will not be a mean sophomore, I want the new freshmen to feel welcome. Wow, it's crazy that this year, at this time, I was thinking about high school... Sorry, kind of a mundane subject, but I've just been thinking about it lately. I hope everyone is doing well!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  9:42:36 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Angela...You're between a rock and a hard place! If it was ok with his family before it should still be ok. Regardless of what there is a baby is coming and everyone needs to get on board. How that happens will be another story. Can you talk to his family? She didn't do it alone so he will be the daddy forever and they will be the grandparents too! On the other hand you will be the one picking up the pieces if he bails. 5 minutes of pleasure gets you a lifetime of commitment. Stay as calm as you can and try to give good sound advice. Let the dust settle a little and keep praying for a good outcome. It's always easy to give some advice when your not the one freaking out! I can imagine how you feel but now that it's done you will figure it out. I cook and bake when I'm freaking out too! I also eat it therefore the endless weight gain! Hang in there...will be praying for ALL of you.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  12:21:07 AM  Show Profile
Wow...My Porchies, LIFE happens when we are making plans...doesn't it?

Angela...feeling bad for your daughter and for you and hubby too. It is hard when kids put the cart before
the horse...but like Darlene said...It takes two. Your daughter didn't get pregnant by herself. The boyfriend needs to be responsible for his actions. And if he was ready to marry her before anyway...why would the baby change that? If nothing else it should just move things forward, maybe a little faster than originally planned. Let's all pray that he is the young man you all think he is...and his love for your daughter will out weigh the negative advice from his family.

Staci...glad to see you popping on, even though your schedule has been hectic. We love it having you here to chat with.

Dana...how goes things girl? Seems like ages since you were on the Porch. How are the girls?

Has anyone heard how Theresa is doing with her back tumor? Theresa...if you are on just reading please catch us up on how things are going.

Luanne...glad that your mom is doing so well. How is your boyfriend doing? Is he getting better?

Pam...I could have used more of your "calm" tea the last few days. My DH and I got in a huge disagreement over $. And It was not very harmonious around here for several days. I am happy to say that we talked and he listened and we resolved the issue. Praise God for committed hearts to the institution of Marriage...because I could have walked over this one.

Well, I have an apartment inspection in the morning so I need to get to sleep...so I can get up and run the vaccuum in the morning.

My friend Verla goes in for Quintuple by-pass surgery at 7:00 am this morning. They figure they will be lucky if they can actually do
3 by-passes, So, please continue to pray for her. She is a very large woman besides...which increases her risk factor.

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peg
Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 27 2011 12:33:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  02:21:28 AM  Show Profile
Wow, there's tornado warnings all over and also in our personal lives! Angela, at 17, I was in your daughter's shoes...terrified and feeling alone. I spent 14 years with a man who was convinced I got pregnant just to trap him, not true at all. He was never faithful and even though I will always be grateful for the life we produced, I'm sure she would have had a happier childhood as the daughter of adoptive parents. My parents never forgave my husband or me for causing them disgrace, my children ended up resenting me and their father, etc. Babies shouldn't be having babies but they do. Your daughter is lucky her parents support her but dragging a young man to the alter doesn't seem to be to be the best choice to me.

That's just my 2 cents...my prayers are with you all, You're going to need lots of them because there are going to be heartaches for you all until this is all sorted out. The bottom line is...love your daughter and your grandbaby with all your heart and soul. Unconditional love from a parent is what I wanted and never got and it haunted me for the rest of my life.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  04:18:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies!

There has been a lot going on!

Angela~ My thoughts and prayers are with you and our family. I don't understand why the boy's family is now against this if they planned to get married soon anyway. I do agree with Nancy - the best thing you can do is what you are already doing - being a supportive, loving parent. It does take two to get into this situation but that always seems to get lost in the mix - doesn't it? It is a shame that his family does not seem to trust this boy to make his own decisions. Hopefully he will make the right decision for himself and your DD.

Peg~ Will be sending prayers and healing thoughts to yur friend, Verla. Such a serious surgery - I hope that all goes well and she can start on the road to recovery.

Megan~ I am sure that you will be a great sophomore - too bad there are not more like you out there in this world!

Luanne~ I will be keeping your cousin in my prayers as wll. My grandfather was on dialysis (many many years ago) It did help him tremendously.

Well ladies, that's all for now. I hope you all stay safe and enjoy the day!

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

Farmgirl sister #2822
http://embchicken.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  04:30:25 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone!

Angela - our prayers are with you and your family. Know that we are there for you if you need to talk or "vent"!

Thank you everyone for your prayers for my cousin. She is supposed to start dialysis today or tomorrow, and we are praying it will help.

Peg - thanks for asking about Mom and BF also. Mom is doing really well. BF has good days and bad days - struggling with depression more than the health issues at this point, I think, so I'm trying to be strong for him. He has so many things he wants to do, and the health issues are keeping him from doing them, so he sits and broods. Prayers going out for Verla. Please keep us posted on how she is doing.

Staci - so good to hear from you. We know how busy you are!

Off to a conference today in Bethlehem, PA - so have a great day everybody!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  08:47:45 AM  Show Profile
Angela, praying for you and yours. The boy and his family need to understand that this new life is going to impact their lives for eternity. This ripple will keep on going.
Peg and Luanne prayers going your way as well. C

CMF
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  5:35:07 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
Prayers for all of you in the path of these vicious storms..be safe
we are supposed to get some nasty weather as well...
Angela honey babies are a blessing regardless of the circumtances and if you love you DD as i know you do
then just be supportive and your loving self and rejoice in a new little life to come..I agree with
nancy and peggy.
..but if they were going to marry in four months what difference does this make afew months early..
if he bails because of his family how sad for his loss of both a wonderful woman and child he'll never know..maybe you should call a family meeting with all parties concerned. they too have alot to lose this is there grandbaby as well and you would think they would want to be a part of that..I pray for all of you as this should be a happy time...and i pray for you as you have been thru so much..keep your head up and stay strong for all your family..you can do it.
luanne ..prayers for your mom.
peggy prayers for your friend Verla surgery...hope all goes well..
Prayers for all my porchies as well
blesings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  7:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Staci...Thank you for my BD gift. I love the book. I never saw it before. I'm going to subscribe. Thanks for the card and kind words!

Luanne...Thank you for the nice BD card and tea. Hope your BF gets out of his funk now that the weather is starting to get nice.

Peggy...Money and kids always seem to be at the root of all the disagreements don't they? How is Verla? Prayers continue.

Angela...Hang in there and remember how you felt way back when. Take a deep breath and get some tea and your Bible. Comfort and wisdom come at the Father's feet! It will be ok. Love is the key. The biggest upheavels in life turn out to be the biggest blessings sometimes. KISS...Keep it simple sister. Don't let too many people get involved and wreck havoc in this situation. Your family and his family period and God! Everybody has an opinion but everybody doesn't belong giving it. Prayers continue.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  8:51:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Elaine, that is too sweet, thank you :)
Angela, please update us as soon as possible!
Well, we are in the home stretch at school! I feel like all of my teachers are trying to play catch up, and I understand that things come up during the year, but it just frustrates me because now we get loaded down with a bunch of work! Except one class that I can't complain about right now is World History. We're watching this documentary about North Korea, and it is insane. I highly recommend it. It's called The Vice's Guide to North Korea. Love to all my porchies!
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  10:57:20 PM  Show Profile
Darlene...very wise advice about sitting at the feet of the Lord...with your bible...praying for His wisdom. His is the only wisdom that matters. ~ Mailed out your birthday gift two days ago. Happy Happy Birthday Baby!

My friend Verla made it through heart surgery. PTL! They were able to do five by-passes but they said her arteries looked like those of an 80 year old. They said she would sleep for the first 24 hours but she was doing ok...so far. Now will pray that she doesn't get pneumonia. Thank You For your prayers...this really was a risky surgery. At best By-pass surgery buys you 10 more years before your arteries and veins start disenegrating. So, she will be around 56 by then...still way too young to die but atleast she made it through this major heart event.

Tired tonight...grabbing some tea and a good book. More tomorrow!

Love, Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 27 2011 11:02:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  3:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
So many prayers going out for all you ladies and your loved ones.

Peggy~ Glad to hear your friend's surgery went well.
Luanne~ Glad your momma is doing well and you had a good visit.

Angela~ Lots of hugs and prayers for you and your family. I agree with Darlene with what she said about everyone having an opinion but everyone doesn't belong giving it. So many times folks feel like the boy/man should do the "right" thing by marrying the girl/woman and raising this child and well he should if he is going to love her and the baby and be a wonderfully loving and supportive husband and father. But what if he doesn't behave in this fashion? What if he was to turn out like mine and Nancy's husbands and be cruel to your daughter and make hers and your grandbabies lives miserable? I can't offer you any advice just hugs and prayers. And you know we're all gonna want to hear how your daughter gets along in her pregnancy and of course we're gonna want to see beautiful baby pics when the new one finally gets here.

Also praying for everyone affected by the storms. We have had a couple of tornados touch down in our area in the last week. It has been kind of scary and we feel like we've spent a good deal of time in the cellar. Not much sleep either the past week. But we are ever so grateful that the storms have not been terrible to us, that we have a cellar to take cover in. About 5 miles away in the old mine ground there's an old dragline. Ya'll know how big one of those machines are? If you don't, do a google search. It is a massive piece of equipment. Well the tornado that passed through Tuesday, made a little pit stop at the old mine. It picked the dragline up, turned it and set it back down. That was the worst storm we've had and also the closest to home.

Well ladybugs, it is time for me to go. We are having birthday parties tonight for my Caitie and my nephew, Kashada. Caitie will be 14 on the 1st and Kashada will be 11 on the 2nd. They grow up so fast!

Have a wonderful night!

Oh Pam! Thank you for the tea! It's my fave! Wal-Mart quit carrying the Tazo calming tea and I had just ran out when I got your card in the mail the other day and with this crazy weather it was just what I needed. Thank you!!

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  6:08:38 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
i prayer for all those affected by the horrible storms
peggy glad your friend made it thru the surgery and praying that she
continues to heal..
angela praying for you family at this time.

we got a little rain so i;m thankful that the storms missed us ...for now
lifes a beach get out there and swim..
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  12:16:58 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to be MIA for a few days. What a lot of stuff going on with everyone!
Not much going on here. My date was nice. We had a nice dinner and seemed to hit it off. We will see how it goes.

Peggy, so glad your friend made it through surgery. I hope she does well. Amazing what a good team of doctors can do.

Angela, what a dilemma. Sometimes just backing off is the best. Your daughter and her boyfriend need some space it seems. Hopefully they will be able to figure out what to do. With too much pressure from either side may push them to make a decision they will regret forever. They need to know that they can take the time to figure it out. If they were getting married in 4 months.. they will have time to decide. I'll pray for them and everyone involved. Sorry it puts such a burden on your family as you may have to pick up the pieces.

Melanie, sounds like you have had your share of scary nights in the basement. Here in Oregon, not much happens like that. In California we had earthquakes every once in a while but not very often and mostly little tremors. No big deal.
I can't imagine what you must go through every year with these storms.

Luanne, good thoughts for your cousin. Sounds like some big life changes for her. I hope the dialysis works and she starts feeling better.

I'm off to the Oregon coast on Monday. Can't wait. It will be nice to get away with a friend for a while.

Everyone stay safe and healthy!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost...
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  1:11:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi All~

Bunny~ So glad th hear that you connected with our date and all went well. Enoy your time on the coast!

Melanie~ I can't even begin to imagine what you have been going through. I am sending prayers your way.

Deb~ Thank you so much for the Tazo tea and I can't wait to try the recipe.

I was teaching 8th grade math all day(besides getting up waaay early to watch the royal wedding). So I am bushed. I'm going to out my feet up for a bit and then get dinner started. I hope you all have an enjoyable evening. Stay safe!

~ Elaine

Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  3:02:58 PM  Show Profile
Hello sisters!
Darlene, Happy Belated Birthday!
Bunny, I'm glad your date went well.
Peggy, I'm glad your friend got through surgery well. I know what it feels like to wait for good news like that.
Melanie, Happy Early Birthday to Caitie and Kashada!
Well, I've been home for the past two days with the stomach flu:( But I'm feeling a little better, just exhausted! I have been able to catch up on crocheting, though. I'm also going to be reading a little bit more, too, so I guess it's not all bad. I'm excited though, mostly! On Sunday, my grandparents from Michigan are coming to visit! On Tuesday, I have a grandparents mass at school, so they are going to be coming to celebrate that with me and my dad's parents, my Nana and Nanu. So I guess that puts a smile on my face:)
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  3:39:10 PM  Show Profile
It's almost time to pass on the "TeaBags" Teapot to Theresa already. Where did this month go? With all of this wind....I've been blown from one end of April to the other. LOL
I have a short story for you out of a cute little "Time For Tea" book my Sister and BIL gave us for our 4th Anniversary last year.Enjoy!

~~An Informal Tea~~

One Sunday afternoon the telephone rang. It was my next-door neighbor, whose backyard borders mine. "Oh, I need a break!" she said. So we agreed to meet on my wooden deck in exactly 10 minutes. I offered to make tea for two, but she suggested we each bring our own. Splendid, I thought, let's Simplify! I made my mug of tea and waited. Soon she hurried out her back door and ran barefoot across the grass. Her shoes and socks were in one hand; a tall glass of ice tea was in the other. It wasn't long before I was chatting and she was listening. I talked about my grandbabies and the clever things they were doing. Then she took a turn, reading form her journal about God's redirection in her children's careers. There were no flowers on the table, no doilies under my cup, no bone china, no teapots, no crumpets, and no scones and jam. But in one short hour, the teacups of our souls were filled to the brim. And we both returned to our work, refreshed and ever so thankful for precious moments shared with a caring neighbor.

This is what I want for my Sisters who have such heavy hearts, are worried, or lonely. Someone to share a cup of tea with. Someone to listen to all your troubles and to fill the teacup of your soul to the brim.
I lift my teacup to you all. I love you all! It's nice to know that we are all here for each other in thought & prayer! Cheers Sisters!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  5:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Megan...Thanks for the BD wishes. How nice to have your GPs going to Mass with you. Feel better from that nasty flu!

Bunny...How nice to hit it off on your date. Hope it continues. Have fun on your vacation.

Peggy...Thanks for the BD wishes. Glad Verla is doing ok. Show us some of your heart yoyos. I wish I could do them!

Sharon emailed me that she knew she was the ornament swapper for April but I haven't gotten anything yet. Anybody else?
I'll email her again. I did last week but she didn't respond.

Judy... what a lovely story. You are a newly wed almost! Keep the cards coming I really enjoy them! I just tried licorice tea and you're right it is sweet. I doubled the water and it was less strong and I loved it!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2011 :  7:40:31 PM  Show Profile
Hello sisters,
just popping in real quick. I hear thunder and don't want to be on here too long.

bunny glad your date went well. Have fun on vacation.

Peggy~ glad your friend made it through surgery. Will keep praying.

Megan~being a teacher I understand where you are coming from. But remember we want you to learn as much as possible. We have your best interests at heart dear one. My little butterflies feel like you do. We have 3 weeks left and already they are in summer mode. So hang in there.

angela~praying for you. I don't think there is much I could say that hasn't already by our dear sisters.

I did not watch the royal wedding but I must say they made a lovely couple and I raised my teacup up in their honor.

well dear sisters, I m off. WE have our school plant sale tomorrow and it was a busy day today. So I am going to get my book and slide into bedtime sleep.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  12:06:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies! I only have a second but I wanted to post a picture.

Our first ducky baby hatched this mornin! We were so sure they were all cooked. There was a day last week that the incubator got to 120 and that's how we found it when we got home from town. This little guy made it though!

His name is Sheldon!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  12:45:41 PM  Show Profile
Sheldon is adorable!

~ Elaine

Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  1:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Precious Angela! Glad the little guy made it.

Bunny~ Good to hear you finally got to meet up and glad it went well. Hope things continue in the good direction!

Thank you all for the prayers. It has been scary and there has been some property damage, but we haven't seen anything like what they are facing in the south. My heart and prayers go out to all.

Judy~ I love the emails, e-cards and the tea story above. I came on today with a need to connect with my girlfriends.

This weekend my son is on a campout with the boyscouts. I got a call from one of the leaders (let's just call him J) yesterday evening asking if I would mind hauling some of the boys and gear up to the campsite since his truck is on the fritz. I told him that I would be glad to help and so we all met at the church and load up. Then J's wife had to leave for a minute to get something she forgot. She wasn't out of the parking lot a second and he turns to me and says, "Now that my wife is gone I can tell you that you're the hottest woman around." I'm like "WHAT?!" He said this in front of one of the other leaders and some of the boys, one of which is mine. This isn't the first time he's said something like this to me. The other time, it was a message on facebook. That message wasn't so straight forward. But what he said last night just left me super uncomfortable. I haven't talked to honey yet. It was so late when we finally got in from running our boys to the campout and I hadn't seen him all week, I just wanted to put what J said out of my mind and enjoy the little bit of what was left of our evening. I don't know what to do about it other than to ask him to keep his comments to himself. There are other problems with the troop and I've been tempted before to transfer DS to another, but he likes the boys in his troop sooo I don't know how much of an option that is. Anyway really just needed someone to talk to and get it off my chest. And you girls are such great friends, I knew I could come to you with this.

Hugs to you all~
Melanie
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  3:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Melanie~I'm glad stormwise you are all ok. J is out of control. He is a leader for those young boys and that surely does not show a leadership role. He was inappropiate to you but most importantly in front of the boys and another leader. You could move your son but that really isn't the issue. The one that needs to move is J. You may be hotter than hell but leaders, priests, congressmen and whomever else that think they can act in a manner that disrespects the position they hold need to be removed and disciplined for their actions. The only one that can make that happen is you. Either you do the right thing or you let him continue to do it to others in front of the boys he is supposed to mentor. What else does he do in front of them that you don't know about? This is a scarey world and you can never be to careful.I know this might sound harsh but until we hold people accountable for their actions they will still be out there doing what they want. This is a national organization and I'm sure this would be disturbing to them.Tell your son to recite the pledge and see what you think then!!!! Good Luck!

Angela~How cte is Sherman! Are there any others left to hatch? How's everything else?

Tammy~Wow you get out of school early out there. Lucky you!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  5:42:08 PM  Show Profile
Here's a dried out prettier Sheldon. He seems to like nappin with his teddy bear.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  7:07:11 PM  Show Profile
Darlene,
we start school really early in August though. So it evens out. I am ready to be out of school for while. The little butterflies have flown the coop already in their minds..heheheh

Angela~sheldon is a very cute duck!

I bought some herbs and flowers today. We have a wonderful new garden place. I didn't get through all the greenhouses. But hubby said we could go back. I want to plant some lettuce and green peppers and strawberries yet. I am so excited the lady who runs it is going to be offering herb classes. Yeah! Yeah! Madame Butterfly here nearly got as excited as she does over tea...good gracious me...hehehe

well time for tea and book and then bed. Church tomorrow.

Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page