Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  3:09:55 PM  Show Profile
I hear ya RFMTammy....we are in that same short window as you for good weather. I'm going to make the most of it too. I need to weed, cause those suckers have really lapped-up this rain and are "Partying on!" (stupid weeds) lolol
Today, our library here in town had their annual Spring sale. I spent about $20.00 on CD's & Books-On-Tape. I love those. I got some interesting titles, including a mystery one about a quilt and some classics like Tom Sawyer & Huck Finn. I read those in school...uh...er...a couple of years ago. hahahaha I got some good Irish and Celtic music for all these rainy, gloomy days to make me kick up my heels a little. Yeeehaw....good exercise! I even got a couple of Celtic Christmas CD's. I might play those too, just for fun. Life's too short....why wait 'til Christmas to find out what they're like. Right? They had table after table of books(I didn't even get to those)CD's, DVD's, VHS's knic-knac's and even a table of clothes. I told my Mom, laughing, "Those must be all the clothes people left behind while visiting the library last year." hahahaa Where else would they get a table of odds'n ends clothing?
Well have a great w/e Gals! Be safe! Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  6:45:16 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
angela sorry for your garden i know it brings great pleasure hopefully things will turn around and
you will be able to get some plants in..and congrats on your DHs new job..
prayers for your DD but hopefully she is as strong as her mom..and will prevail..regardless
Darlene prayers for you at this hard time..
and yes i did rain again today.. with flash sun sights LOL
tomorrow will be better ..
praying for all of my sweet sisters
have a blessed weekend
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  8:14:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies. I'm new here and thought I'd leave a post to introduce myself a little. I live on just over 1 acre and only in the last year I've started converting things/yard into workable garden/compost/rabbit yard, etc. I have a long way to go but I find it all very fascinating. I live in a part of Texas that hasn't seen much rain lately...until 10 minutes ago when the heavens opened. I've had to buy shade cloth to put over the raised beds or the plants will burn in the sun. I also make soap and a variety of other natural products that I sell at the farmer's market. That's a lot of fun getting to be a mad scientist in the kitchen. Yesterday I made some soap and poured it into a silicone pan. Today I have soap in the shape of a bundt cake! I bought an apron for my farmgirl badges and I'm just waiting on my Henrietta badge to get started. Can't wait to spend more time on here. Nice to meet ya!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  11:06:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I finally have some time to breathe and visit! School is semi-winding down, with only 6 school days to exams. It seems there are things to celebrate and things to pray for here on the porch.
Angela, I'm so sorry for your daughter and her fiance. I hope he comes to his senses and stops letting his family pressure him. Your family continues to be in my prayers. I hope everything works out in time.
TeaLady Tammy, that little boy sounds darling! You have boys graduating 8th grade this year, right? I hope all goes well with their graduation.
Darlene, I hope you feel better soon:)
RFM Tammy, that sounds a little unfair that you only get up to 5 tickets and there are bigger venues. But that's still great that your son is done with school now!
Peggy, I hope your fibro isn't bothering you and that you're doing well:)
I wish that the end of the school year had accompanying good weather! It's raining right now, and only in the past couple of days has it been nice enough to be outside. My Mom and I did have hamburgers on the grill the other day, so hopefully Mother Nature gets the hint and it stays nice out! Good weather to you all!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  12:47:44 PM  Show Profile
Well hello and welcome Farmdream. Glad you came to say Hi and join us on our cozy, friendly porch, where calories don't count but Hugs, good times and plenty of helpful Sisters do! Come back soon!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  5:26:34 PM  Show Profile
Henrietta's here! Henrietta came in the mail today. I can't wait to start sewing her onto my apron. I had a wonderful day out with a friend. We met at a craft show and compared notes and ideas with some of the crafters we know. I bought a beutiful handmade doll with button eyes for my daughter and the dollmaker named her Coco Warm while I waited. My daughter was so surprised when she got it. She has called hot chocolate Cocoa Warm ever since she could ask for it. I also went by the local natural gardener store and picked up more shade cloth. It might be raining now but it'll be like an oven soon enough. I hope you ladies have a wonderful Sunday! Here's a pic of my soap.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  6:50:02 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to The Porch Julie....Your Soap looks lovely. Please tell me that you make goatsmilk soap. I buy it whenever I find someone that makes it with a mild scent. Let me know if that is the kind you make. Loved your story about Cocoa Warm for your daughter. This is a great group of women...we laugh together, cry together, rejoice together and rant together....we just plain share LIFE together. The Porch always has room for one more! So, come and kick your boots off, grab a porch swing, or rocker, the railing, or the steps and just stay until your heart's content.

Megan....they must be working your backside off these last few weeks of school. We haven't heard much from you. I'm sure you will get killer grades on your exams and be well on your way to a fun summer and your sophmore year!

Judy...what have you been up to since your family all left? You must be drinking lots of tea and reading. We haven't heard much from you...our little French Hugger.

deborah...aren't you just sooooooo sick of the rain??? We had a couple great days this past week and now that the weekend is here
guess what it's doen again. Yuck!

Well, I just woke up from a nap and a good cup of tea and my book sounds fabulous. So, I will chat with you all later! I am
leaving some White Chai (my new favorite) and chocolate dipped maccaroons on the Porch for all of you. Enjoy! Calorie Free for sure!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 21 2011 6:54:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  7:29:59 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
welcome julie. you love it here great gals...BTW great looking soap..
peggy what a wonderful surprise in the mail today the tea and the beautiful needlepoint tea cup oh my goodness it will go right on the refridge..thank you so very much...
today started out beautiful and then bam more rain this is crazy we never get this much rain..
but the plants are doing really well so i guess i should not complain..
the weeds are happy too ...but not for long...lol
prayers for all
blessings deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  7:46:22 PM  Show Profile
Julie... Welcome! I just made my first batch of soap last week. We got brave and tried it last night. It's pretty nice, but it doesn't lather quite like I wish it would. I made goats milk honey oatmeal soap. It smells nice and really softened my Hubby's goatee.

Judy... My library is havin it's monthly sale on the first. I'm goin cause this month is bag month. You get a whole plastic bag of books for $2!

Megan... I always hated the end of the school year. It was so busy! Hang in there! The weather has to get better or we'll all float away on our own personal cruises! LOL!

I spent the whole afternoon in my garden today. My Hubby helped me the whole time. We weeded and retilled the whole thing except for the fence rows that we have for trellises. And of course, the potato rows were weeded, but not tilled. They actually look pretty good.

We got 16 tomato plants that my sweet Hubby got for me in the ground. They seem to be doin well. We will get 6 peppers in the ground tommorrow. Then we'll get the weedin finished and the beans planted. If there is time we're gonna get the corn planted too.

When we went out to clean out the greenhouse we found some volunteer sprouts and a few things still hangin on in there. We will be addin 4 more tomatoes, 4 eggplants, 8 cabbages(really large ones too!), one strawberry spinach, 1 ghost chile, 4 half a sweet peppers that have sprouted numerouse vines, and about 30 brussels sprouts after a few days TLC and special fertilizin to strengthen them some. We thought all that stuff was overgrown and dead! I guess not all the seed I had planted had sprouted at first! Yippee!!!

I won't have quite the diverse garden I wanted, but it will be a good sized one for sure. We still have a week to get our summer plantins ready so we can have our fall harvest, so there's all that to plant yet. Plus we still have the carrots, beets, turnips, rutabagas, and onions to get in the ground. I'm hopin to have everything goin in the next 2 weeks!

I am tryin to convince myself that it's still spring and that I need to be movin in the spring swing. It's not totally workin, but it's helpin to chase away the blues a little.

Oh yeah! We found some garlic growin under all those weeds out there. I was sure it had drowned, but a small patch of it pulled through and has stalks as thick as you finger! Yea!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  04:44:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies!

We drove all day yesterday and got home late last night from Florida.I am hoping that I brought some sun back to NJ - it's been raining here all week.
Wow - I just had to back up a few pages and read all that has been going on. Sending out payers and good thoughts to all who need it.
Welcome Julie - your soap looks lovely!
I have some good news - my DD made the Dean's List again at college! She has a partial scholarship that depends on her grades so this is great news.
vacation was great but now there is a lot of "catch up" work to do - I hope that everyone enjoys their day!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  07:05:38 AM  Show Profile
I just opened my mail and.... wow .. tea heaven! Thank you so much Peggy, Deb and Luanne. I can't wait to taste the teas and try the recipes!!!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  09:37:18 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all...
Welcome Julie, sounds like you'll fit right in. Your soap looks wonderful. How fun! I hope it becomes a success for you.

Megan, nice to see you around again! I'm sure you are busy to the max with school almost done. What are your plans for the summer?

Angela, I'm so glad your garden is being nice to you again. I hope it does everything you want. What a wonderful hubby to help you out. He understands what is important to you. How is his job doing?

Elaine, good for your daughter on her grades. My kids just got by in school. It was touch and go for my youngest last year. But he did it.. thank God! You must be proud of her.

Judy,, french hug!

Not much going on here.. which is good. I had good sales at the shop. So my boss is happy. I at least made enough to pay my wages and then some. People are still finding it for the first time.
I plan on sewing all day. I have soooo many projects to finish. I put a list on the wall in my sewing room... Hope I actually finish everything some day. Tomorrow I go to the sewing shop I'm teaching at and play on the sewing machine the kids are using. I want to make sure I know how to work it. The shop loved my projects so hopefully I'll have good classes. I finally convinced my mom to hire someone to do the yard work. She found a note on the door from a local boy and called him. So our lawn will get mowed at least twice a month. She kept telling me she could do it and I'm never home long enough and I knew it just wouldn't get done. Our house is the worst looking on the block. I can't wait to see it improve. I'm working on her to allow me to put in some flower beds along the walk way.. baby steps.
Well, I better be off to the basement. My sewing machine is calling.

Have a wonderful Sunday. Hope you get some sunshine!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost...
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  12:18:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi'ya Peg. Oh ya...always drinking tea. I made sun-tea the other day with a British tea and some mint and a pinch of baking soda...and guess what? the baking soda takes the bitter tannin taste out of sun tea too. I thought it would only work for boiled&steeped tea. Well....~~SURPRISE~~...bust my buttons....I'm a happy camper. Oh, speaking of campers(I diversed quickly didn't I?)we had an article in the paper here that 2 of our neighboring towns make the tear-drop camper. I didn't know that. WOW! Right next door to me. New if I only had a car to pull one....hahahaha. Beetle said, "No...absolutly NOT!!!...I'm too little" ROFL
Hi Bunny..."French Bunny-Hugs" back atcha.
Julie, I love the soap ring. How cool is that! I wouldn't want to cut it up. I'd put a bow on it and hang it up somewhere.
Have a great Sunday girls. It's nice and NOT raining again. Weeeeee.....I LOVE it!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  11:36:35 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon girls from Madame Butterfly,
I am out of school and just enjoying the day here at home. I have played in the dirt, took a walk, working on laundry, and just plain happy.

Debi~got your tea today. Thank you I always love my tea.
Julie~Welcome to the porch. Beautiful soap
Peggy~What book are you reading? You know me and inquiring mind is always looking for a good read.
The sun is finally out here. We have been drenched with rain the past three days. So it is wonderful to have sun and the windows open.

Well time for this lady to have lunch and then working on a few projects. Check in later.

love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

7 apples
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Ronee
Hazelwood IN
USA
54 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  12:52:32 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls I'm new around here and I'm sooooo excited to get my sisterhood #

~barefoot farmgirl Ronee,wife to one amazing apple and mommy to 5 baby apple's..
God, family and my garden are all I need in life <3
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  1:42:19 PM  Show Profile
I took a chance and put in some spinach and carrots this weekend. Come on seeds! Sprout!
The strangest thing happened this weekend, shortly after I got up and had some breakfast, the two cats came screaming down stairs in a cat fight ball with the dog behind bleeding from a nose swipe. They have been together for more than five years and the cats were tiny kittens when I got them. It took all day, much catnip and a water spray bottle to get back to some semblance of normalcy. I have not a clue what brought that about. I have to leave them alone during the day and am hoping all is going well while I am gone at work. The black and white one does not seem to care who he rumbles with, me the other cat, the dog. Lets just fight. I will have to fabricate something to keep them apart if this does not settle down. Weird.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  2:18:01 PM  Show Profile
Ronee... Welcome to the porch! You'll love it here. Great women, lots of shoulders to cry on, lots of hands to hold, lots of laughter, tons of food (all calorie free! lol!), and tons of love. I just posted a huge welcome on the welcome wagon to you! So, hi agian! LOL!

Cherime... My 2 cats get that way sometimes. They were raised together as well. I have to lock the big craem colored one in the bathroom for a few days and then they get over it. Cats are really wierd!

I've got clothes on the line, sourkraut makin on the table, and a birthday party to plan. I guess I better get to work. It's supposed to rain in a little bit, so I guess I'll start with the clothes lines!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  3:07:49 PM  Show Profile
Anyone here have or know anyone in or near Joplin Mo? Sending prayers to all the folks affected by the horrendous tornado. Thunderstorms are threatening them now. Death toll has reached 100 already. Hope all our porchies are safe!!!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  3:25:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi porchies!

Still raining here today - I had to run out to the garden and drain some of my herbs in pots. We could really use a day or two of ust sun to dry things out here. We are just really lucky that the rain and high tides are not really coinciding with one another.
I went into school today to sub - had a lot of fun - I usually do.....teaching is much better than being the principal!
Prayers for all of you!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  5:04:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Julie, welcome to the porch. I think you'll soon fall in love with this place:)
Mel, I don't personally know anyone near Joplin, but the pictures I saw this morning on the news were so sad and scary at the same time. The fact that a tornado could do that kind of damage is crazy!
Ronee, welcome to you as well! I hope you like it here:)
Bunny, we've been very busy! I think everyone at my school would feel the same way My plans for the summer are getting back into rugby shape, working, reading, and I want to create some stuff to maybe someday sell on Etsy or something like that. Definitely I will have fun though!
Angela, I wish that the weather would be better! It was nice out yesterday, then stormed last night, warm again today, then it's supposed to be cool again tomorrow! When will the madness end?!?

Peggy, it seems all my teachers are trying to fit in all this stuff! But I understand things came up and things like that, but it makes these last few weeks crazy!
I hope everyone's doing well, don't stress, I'll stress enough for all of us! Love to you all:-)
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  5:36:36 PM  Show Profile
Ronee welcome to the porch
Elaine thanks for bringing the sun back LOL
it has not been nice oh wait sat for a few hours we got a little sun..
Mel i'm praying with you for al dear sisters in MO
its been a wild spring withall this weird weather???
tornadoes earthquakes floods volcano eruptions tsunamis blizzards what is going on???
its alittle scary..
anyone lets have a cup of tea and give thanks for all the blessings we have and prayers for all in need..
blessings deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  6:28:12 PM  Show Profile
I just got power back! I ran out, yanked the clothes off the line, ran back in, and slammed the door behind me as the torrent began!

The rain and the wind was so bad we couldn't see across the street! The power went out right after it began. We went into town, got dinner, filled a gas can, and came home to fire up the generator. We got to watch part of a show with the tv and satallite dish on the generator, then the power finally came back on.

Now we're puttin the house back in shape and gettin ready for showers.

I swear, Mother Nature must be goin through MENOPAUSE!!! LOL!

I hope everyone makes it through this crazy spring okay!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  7:00:39 PM  Show Profile
I have a really deep porch that is perfect for sitting on the swing watching the storms roll in. Unless the wind is blowing sideways like it has all spring this year! Another storm this evening. No damage here thank goodness. I have planted basil seeds three times now. Looks like I'll have to do it four times now. The rain comes down so hard it splashes the seedlings right out of the ground. I've missed the soft rain of other years. I love to sit cross legged on the swing with a blanket over my lap, a good book and a cup of coffee. Maybe later this summer without the blanket!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  7:28:41 PM  Show Profile
Madame Butterfly...Thanks so much for the Tea. I love Harney and Sons too! I will enjoy it! And man o'man am I getting a
great collection of Scone Recipes. Yum! No wonder I am as wide as I am tall! lol What am I reading...well, I just finished
two Amish Books. Now I am getting ready to read (for my book group) Michael Connelly's latest book The Fifth Witness and then
for my home reading I have never read the book Under The Tuscan Sun. I have seen the movie twice and loved it...now I must
read it! I also have Debbie MaComber's latest book A Turn In The Road (it is from the Blossom Street Series) where some of the
gals go on a Road trip. That is waiting for me. Lots of good summer reads coming out and some classics too. Have you ever read
the book Moonstone by Wilkie Collins? It was the first mystery written for the U.S. market in the late 1700's. Kindle has it for
free right now...so I down-loaded that too. A friend of mine, her book club just did this book for their group read. They loved
it. Charles Dickens first published it in installments in his monthly Book Newsletter. And the last installment actually had lines of people waiting outside His Publishing House for the last instalment. That story itself has me intriqued and wanting to read it. ~ So, what are you reading my dear? Or what have you finished that was good?

Debi...Thank your for the tea today too. That was a cute little tea-bag holder you made. You're creative girlfriend! Did you know that you had already sent me tea earlier in the month? I'm not complaining...I love tea and have been loving what everyone has been sending. Please tell me I don't have to send it back. lol

Megan...those teachers can really lay on the homework at the end of the year huh? It's like they want to make up for your couple of
months of summer. Not Fair! Sounds like your summer will be filled with friends and fun and letting your creative juices flow. You go
girl!!!

Welcome to The Porch Ronee...We are glad that you found us. We are excited to have you and we know you will enjoy all the Farmgirls and their Encouragements that they have to offer. So, come often and stay as long as you want. You'll be glad that you did.

Bunny...sounds like you are doing great at the New Job. And if I lived closer I would love to take your classes. I am sure you will have lots of women wanting to do your classes. Have you had another date with that same guy...who couldn't find the Restuarant? Or anyone new? ~ Glad that your mom agreed to hire someone to keep the yard trimmed up. No one likes to feel like they are the worst house on the block. Unless you're Charlie Brown.

Cherime...we should put your cats and my dogs together and let them all just battle it out until they were all tired of the fight! lol Bella is still attacking the pup about every other day. Jealousy just seems to rear it's ugly head and Bella get's the green-meanies!

Angela...I laughed so hard at your Mother Nature having Menopause comment. So, TRUE! She better put Her Big Girl Panties On and Deal With It, huh?

Mel...I too have been praying for everyone in Joplin! What a complete tragedy! But there were also 68 other Tornado's over the weekend. Maybe we need to expand our prayers to cover all those who did not get the Press that Joplin did. We are so blessed in our area not having to deal with tornados. Only on a rare occassion and they are usually very small, but still can do a fair amount of damage.

Hi Connie...we all can sympathize with your planting and replanting this year because of rain. Hopefully we can all enjoy our Porches in sunnier summer weather soon!

Well My Porchies...I am off to do some crafting and reading before I call it a night. There is a Pot of Mango/Strawberry Tea waiting for you on the Porch along with some Short Bread Cookies.

May God keep you all safe and secure beneath His Mighty Wings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 23 2011 7:46:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  8:16:04 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening Ladies,

I have a job that I'm usually working at on the weekends so I don't get much computer time in. Thank you for all the compliments on the soap. It is a coconut oil soap with no fragrance added. I have a couple of people that request unscented items. The coconut oil makes it a really hard, high lather, long lasting soap. Soft oils make a short lasting, low lather soap. The trick is to find a good medium of the road recipe. I haven't made any goatsmilk soap but I know it's going to happen soon. I'll let you know when I do. Another aspect of my business is that I sell things wholesale to other retailers/crafters. It's a great idea for getting large orders. Some people would like to sell certain things but don't have the time to make them. This weekend I received an order for 50 bars of soap. Now that's cleaning up! I'll post it in Entrepreneurship also.

I agree with others about this crazy weather. It does make one wonder what is going on? It's scary because it's so unpredictable. I'll be praying a lot for those suffering, including those getting too much rain.

In the garden there's tiny things happening. I have noticed a baby canteloupe, another squash, bigger tomatoes, a few more peppers, corn fuzzy things, and vining spinach. I'm planning on starting seeds for chard, okra, pumpkin, and amaranth this week.

And of course I'll be working on my apron. Hope to get a pic for you this week.

Goodnight everyone.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page