Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  8:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Peggy! She's done and framed!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  9:24:15 PM  Show Profile
AND GORGEOUS!!! OMG!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  06:23:04 AM  Show Profile
Pam - How beautiful!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  06:32:46 AM  Show Profile
Hi Deb -

I saw Peggy's note above, and I also received a 2nd card and tea from you yesterday. I love tea too and thank you, but for our swap were we supposed to send more than once? I haven't heard from a couple of our swap partners.

Thanks!
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  07:56:29 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn - I'll be curious to know what you think of Under the Tuscan Sun. I absolutely love the movie and finally broke down and read the book about a year ago. She has a couple sequels to it. I have recently gotten into the mystery books that are craft or food based and find I really enjoy them. I picked up a book called Second Hand Chic at the thrift store a couple weeks ago but haven't had a chance to start it.

Megan - I totally agree, there are much larger venues around this area that could be used so families can truly celebrate together. On a positive note, since I was commuting him to another school district, getting to sleep in an extra hour every day is absolutely fabulous :O)

Pam - that is beautiful! It's hard to tell from the picture - is it all crewel work or is it fabric with decorative stitches? That frame is just beautiful though with that pearl edging.

Broke down and went to the doctor Saturday. Not only did I have bronchitis but an ear infection with my ear filled with fluid. Z-Pak and robitusin with codiene. Today is day 4 of the antibiotic and I'm starting to feel a bit better, still really fatigued though from the constant coughing.

I did stop at the gardening store and got some flowers, herbs, and veggies to plant. Not everything I wanted but it was a start. I got the front flower bed almost totally done Saturday and then got the back garden beds done Sunday.

Friday night we stopped at a local meadery in the hopes of getting a couple bottles of their new Zombie Killer Cherry Mead. Both times previously we'd gone they'd already sold out of it so I was excited that we were able to get some. This mead is to die for good. Saturday night Matt went to open a bottle and they'd apparently over carbonated it. As soon as he touched the cap on it the bottle blew like a fountain coating everything in the kitchen in cherry mead :O( You can imagine how sticky everything was with all the honey in the mead.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  08:36:18 AM  Show Profile
Pam Beautiful job!
Peg and Angela, I know who the instigator is, the grey one. The black one is just a little out of sync with the world and once the gray one gets him wound up, he just does not care who he gets it on with. They were ok last night when I got home. Liberal applications of cat nip and the spray bottle seems to have calmed them down considerable.

Been praying for those effected in Missouri. What devastation! Horrible!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  09:18:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi dear ones,
LuAnn~I sent my tea to you with recipe...should be getting it in a day or two. I believe we actually have two tea swaps going on. Some of us on the monthly one that has been closed for while and some of us are also on the one where you send tea and a recipe.

Ronee welcome to the porch I hope you will make yourself comfy here.

Pam~Beautiful work...loved that

Peggy~Right now I am reading Jane Eyre and A hunger for God. I love the blossom series by Debbie MaComber. I saw Barnes and Noble has the latest one available as well. I also downloaded some free books this past week but I can't remember the names at the moment...good gracious me...I believe I may need bigger pots of tea to help my mmeory

Today I am working on my tablerunner and I also started a new cross stitch project and I have a few letters to write.

Well ladies stay safe and I left you some honey scones on the porch along with some English Breakfast tea.

love to you all
TAmmy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  11:08:31 AM  Show Profile
afternoon porchies
i had a lovely surprise from tea lady tammy
today thank you..LOL
alittle note on the side of caution try not to send loose teabags in the mail
when they break open it sends up a red flag with all the security right now
and you may be asked to come to the post office and clear up the confusion..
it happen to me and well i had to laugh but they did not think it funny..LOL
i might be because i live so close to NYC..we are always on high alert.
that was my excitement for the day...lol
on another note the weather well the rain as it is now just that is still a problem
last nigth rain thunder lightning tonight more of the same but its hot an humid as well
so whats a girl to do who ever said mother nature is in menopause hit the nail on the head..LOL
prayer for all my sisters
have a blessed day.
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  12:03:29 PM  Show Profile
Ronnee, Welcome to the porch! Glad to squeeze over and let another Sister join us. Pull up a rocker, glider, banister or sit on the steps. We always have plenty of sweets, tea, coffee and chatter to go around....oh....and French-Hugs too! *giggle*
Do you gals realize that this virtual porch was started back on Sept. 2009...is that a record or what??/!! It's been the BEST!
RFMTammy, that's what the Doc gave me back in Nov. when I had bronchitis. It worked for me too, but the cough is still there. That's why I keep an inhaler handy now. Oh, Doc gave me that too, with the other remedies.
Pam, I love, love, love that "Lady" you did. So elegant! Nice job!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  12:32:24 PM  Show Profile
Debtea2,
I have never had that happen ever! I send my tea like that all the time. I did ask the post office to hand stamp them but apparently that didn't happen. So Sorry I feel terrible about it now. I don't use teabags at all. I only drink loose tea. Comes from my sweet grandmother. Next time I will send the tea in a different package. I was just trying to save money on postage and never having that happen before, I didn't worry about it.

Sorry you had to go to the post office and such. I was not trying to cause you trouble.

Blessings
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

7 apples
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Ronee
Hazelwood IN
USA
54 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  3:14:16 PM  Show Profile
Did I read it right, there is a tea swaps going on?? I LOVE tea, I also collect tea pots!

~barefoot farmgirl Ronee,wife to one amazing apple and mommy to 5 baby apple's..
God, family and my garden are all I need in life <3
Farmgirl Sister #3103
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=538005128
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  4:07:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi all my lovely porchies~

Tammy the tea was delicious. Can't wait to try the recipe.
Deb~ still raining up north? It was partly sunny here today but humid - I have the windows open and ceiling fans on but it is not helping the sticky feeling.
Ronnee~ I collect teapots as well! It is so exciting to find a great one.
Because it was not raining here today I was able to get the tomatoes out of my little plastic greenhouse and into the ground, cages around them (wild tomatoes lol). I also found an abandoned tire and am going to fill it with soil and plant strawberries in it. I am really trying to use more things that would find their way into dump and put it to good use in the garden.
I am glad that I got so much done today because I am subbing for the next two days!
Well time to go please enjoy the mint iced tea and shortbread I've left on the porch!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  4:24:16 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
Tammy honey not to fear i also drink loose tea by the pot and i just appreciate the thought..
Ronee i too collect pots and love them all
Elaine no rain today and yes hot an sticky..did you get that storm last night > supposed to do that again tonight...so shut the windows...LOL
hoping the rest of the week is wonderful and sunny ..
prayers and blessings deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  6:47:59 PM  Show Profile
Ronee, I collect teapots and teacups...girl we could talk tea here on the porch until the sun comes up.
We are having rain here and we are under a flood watch...I am praying for those in Oklahoma as they had a tornado there.

Deb so glad you are such a understanding sister about the tea..I promise no more trips to the post office.

Well off to do some reading and have some tea before bed. I have a dr's appointment tomorrow. I may have to float there if we get the rain they are predicting.

Love and prayers to you all
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  12:02:56 AM  Show Profile
My Darling Pam...Oh My Goodness...she is Breathtakingly Beautiful! The Frame and The Pearls were the perfect touch of Elegance! I so can't wait to have her hanging in my house. Please email me and let me know how much I owe you additionally for the frame and pearls and don't you dare say, "Nothing" because I have all these Farm Sisters who will agree with me that your work is Stunning and worth every penny you would charge. I have witnesses that will back me up...won't you girls? :+)

Madame Butterfly...I must agree with Deborah, my tea was leaking all over the card and envelope. Happy to say, I didn't get a call to the Post Office though!!! Those nice silk bags are great for water infusion but I guess not so great for the postal machines.lol Live and learn!

Elaine...your garden looks great. My garden is starting to look good too. Can't wait to start getting my first strawberries. Yummy!

Well my lovelies. . .Iam off to sleep...rain coming and my body is protesting already.

Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  04:33:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi Tammy =

Got your tea and card yesterday afternoon - no complaint from the post office, but like the others the tea was leaking, so guess we all learned something! The tea smells yummy, though, and I can't wait to sit down with a cup a little later.

Off to my doctors appt. this AM and then to work. Tonight I sort books for the local library used book sale. Gonna be a busy day!

Hugs everybody!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  07:25:28 AM  Show Profile
hopefully I'll get time today to put out the rest of things into my garden. I had to start over after all the rain! My seedlings are looking healthy. :)

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  08:24:49 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Porch ladies! Lots of wonderful gardening going on.. I'm jealous. My mom kept talking about a garden but it never materialized. At least we are getting the lawn (or weeds) mowed. Little by little it's coming along. There is just one weedy patch along the front of the house that needs to come out. Then the house won't look quite so bad. I have next week off so maybe I'll be able to get out there.
Work has been deader than a doornail... I plan on taking some sewing projects to keep me busy. I have gone through bosses list and everything is done.

Pam, your lady is beautiful! What a wonderful job! P.S. Starting next Sunday I have two weeks off... is there a day we could get together and meet? Maybe we can get together with Peggy too? I'll email you my phone number and see if we can get together.

Tammy it what a bummer your tea didn't play nice in the swap. It is a lesson for us all. I was going to send a loose tea myself. I'll make a plan for my month.

Rain here today. I actually love it. Been having major hot flashes and the rain is NICE!

Anyway, later ... off to get ready for work.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost...
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  09:07:01 AM  Show Profile
If you can get to a craft store, there are little cloth bags that you can buy. They work nicely for loose teas. I believe you get 6 or so for something like $3. Then you can use them to brew in as well.

You can also get those small manilla envelopes to ship in as well.

I suppose if you were handy enough you could also make little bags for them.

I have always used the little cloth bags when I shipped tea to family for illnesses and such so they could brew in them. I usually put those in a ziplock snack sized bag so nothing can be spilled on them and ruin them.

If I send several amounts, I put one in a cloth bag and in a ziplock, then the others in ziplocks in individual servings. Then that whole mess goes into a bubble envelope for shippin.

Just a few suggestions from someone who has fought several times with the post office on this stuff.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  09:14:48 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Angela!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  1:07:40 PM  Show Profile
Angela
that is a wonderful idea.. thank you for that help. I would hug you if I could...

blessings and love
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  1:18:21 PM  Show Profile
Angela~ that is a great idea about the small manilla envelopes - I may look into that.
Deb~ No storms here. Not last night or the night before. But I think we had a great offshore wind that pushed away some of the humidity - it was much more tolerable today. The sun is still shining so I am so happy.

Subbing went well today - they ran out of playground moms so I hung around and watched the kids wander about outside. The weather was so beautiful I thought - why not? I am going back in tomorrow for the 8th grade class - social sudies - it will be fun.

Hopefully the weather will hold out for this weekend - there looks to be a lot of garage sales going on - I do love a good garage sale!
I hope all of you ladies are having a good week.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  5:23:52 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
sorry to hear about all the others tea mishaps..bummer
well the sun is here today and stayed lol 84 i'm all smiles warm and dry..
the down side was i had to spend the entire day in a meeting...
the little plants not so little anymore are loving the sunshine
oh happy day and hopefully the weekend will be super too
well i'm off to sit with a cup of tea outside till nightfall as its so beautiful..and its been a long time coming..
blessings and prayers deborah
angela good idea...
pam beautiful lady..

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  8:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Pam...just gorgeous yor Lady is! Lots of work and beautiful results.

Has been sunny here on and off. Very hot today. I don't do hot! I guess I'll have to get my outside tubs ready to soak in. Come join me!

Hello newbies and oldies!LOL!

Trying to get everything around here done in case I'll be laid up for awhile. Don't want to be!

We have 2 outside cats and 1 stays down in our barn 99% of the time. The other one is always at the door when she hears us going out. She is such a sweet cat. The problem is is that we live out in the country and all the strays stalk her. The males that is! Some of them are so agressive that I'm afraid of them. Those man hormones if you know what I mean! Then they sray and I hate that smell! Thank goodness it's outside. They scare the heck out of me when they wake me up at 3am howling. they sound like a baby!

Angela is our June ornament swapper so all you ladies email her your address. Lida is May's so if you haven't already emailed her your address do it. Did everyone get their ornaments from Sharon for April? She said she didn't have 3 girls addresses but I don't know who!

Tammy~I had that thing back in Dec/Jan and again in March/April. The coughing was the worst! Feel better.

All you tea ladies I just love the lemon ginger tea from stash and also the licorice. Have you tried them? Twinings herbal unwind is good too.

Peggy~I love your heart yoyo's. I had to hold them and look at them yesterday~LOL! If my hands would cooperate I could try to do them.

Time for me to do a few things before bed.

Oh, how about Scotty winning Idol and thanking GOD! Awesome! His parents did something right.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  8:13:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi sisters!
Glad to see that everyone is doing well. But, could somebody please send some good weather my way?! It has been cold and rainy on and off for the past couple of days, and I don't like it one bit! But otherwise everything is good here! Love to my porchies!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page