Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  05:43:08 AM  Show Profile
Well, I'm back. Surgery went well and I'm pretty much back to normal.... whatever normal is. While I was healing I took a trip to California. It was wonderful.

I know I will never catch up on the posts so I am just going to start from here and go forward.

Hope everyone is well and and I will be checking in often as I am no longer working outside the home.

Hugs to all

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  06:14:03 AM  Show Profile
Darlene- Sorry about your fence. I agree the wind is something awful this year.

Theresa- Glad you're healing. I love California. We went to Yosemite in March. If their economy wasn't so bad we would move there. And I'm with you, I'm new so I can't possibly catch up on posts and who everyone is yet.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  09:20:13 AM  Show Profile
Theresa, I'm so glad the surgery went well and you are on the mend. Summer is the worst time to be down. Prayers going up for you girl! Feel better....no...feel BESTEST!! LOL

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  11:50:46 AM  Show Profile
Elaine - I'm jealous! I was so hoping to get strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries planted this year and it just doesn't seem to be happening. Next year :O)

Hope everybody is having a great Memorial Day. We are just relaxing. I'm still recovering from the bronchitis, although I'm doing a lot better and starting to get some energy back.

As I know many of you are tea drinkers and teapot collectors I thought I would share a recent find. Mother's Day weekend we went to a flea market and my df bought this tea set for me after I fell in love with it. It is so adorable! It's my first collectable tea set. The wolf's tale goes through the headboard of the bed and makes the teaspout. The detail is just awesome. The set had me with the adorable picnic basket teacups. It only cost $15!!!!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  1:21:39 PM  Show Profile
Happy Memorial Day my dear porchies,
It is very windy here. We have had an unusual spring..either cold or windy and very few nice days. My poor herbs and flowers do not knw what to think. I am hoping to get out and weed this week if the wind dies down. The wind took two of our shutters today. I am thinking we will be needing new ones every time we have wind another one seems to come down.

I have been working on some projects in the house since I have not been able to get outside.

RoseTammy~love the teaset

Theresa~so glad the surgury went well and you had a wonderful trip to California.

Well time for afternoon tea and a small snack.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  10:34:26 AM  Show Profile
Welcome FarmDream. You will love it here. We went to Yosemite while I was out there. Beautiful.... and ohhhhhh the strawberries!!! YUM!

Thank you Judy, Farm Dream and Tea Lady Tammy for the well wishes. I couldn't feel better. Starting my PT today and I am really going to love doing it every morning. Exercising first thing in the morning sure feels good!!!!!!!

Not to mention that I don't have to worry anymore about getting up and going to work outside the home! What a wonderful feeling. I am starting to really work on getting my house cleaned. I mean really cleaned. I've pulled everything out of 6 cabinets and 5 drawers so far and have gone through everything, washed and organized each one. I know at this rate it will take me 5 years to do the whole house but that is ok. At least when I'm done it will be the way I want it. Baby steps... but as long as I'm still stepping it will be accomplished!! WOOHOO! I'm loving it.

Rose Tammy, love your tea set. What a great find!!!

Tea Lady, hope the wind dies down and your able to get out to tend your flowers soon!!!! It's been really wet here this year and am hoping to get my veggies in by the weekend. Fingers crossed for both of us.

Well, off to clean another cabinet, or maybe sew for a little while today.

Hugs to all

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  5:25:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies!
I have to say the weather has been beautiful here. Hot and humid but really sunny. I have been working in the garden. I have been having daily battles with the squirrels in the garden - we'll see about that. The school year is winding down and so is my subbing. I'll miss it over the summer but i know it will start again in September.
Hope everyone is well - I am going to rest up. I am helping my girlfriend move her son out of his frat house into another house at Rutger's tomorrow.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  7:44:52 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
elaine did you get that wicked weather today?? it missed us
my garden is doing wonderful i will have to post pics
hoping all my sisters are safe and praying for all
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  8:35:25 PM  Show Profile
RFMTammy, I love that tea set...very unique! Good for you!
Well today was very windy/85/sunny, so I did laundry. Dried in no time at all.Now THAT'S my idea of a laundry day! To give you an idea of the winds...I folded a king size sheet in half and went to put it over the line and it stood straight out horizontal. lolol It was almost dry before I got it pinned on the line. hahaha After those 95/humid days, I was happy for todays weather. Tomorrow is suppose to be the same, or even cooler. It's going to be great sleeping tonight.
Good-night Ladies! I'm ready! Haven't slept well in 3 nights! Tired, But a good tired!Love yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  9:06:00 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, tonight I am sitting on the porch at the maternity ward of the Columbus Ohio hospital waiting for my daughter to have her daughter! So what does a farmgirl do while she waits .... get on the MJF website of course !!!
Tammyb
sisterchick 541

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  9:08:45 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, tonight I am sitting on the porch at the maternity ward of the Columbus Ohio hospital waiting for my daughter to have her daughter! So what does a farmgirl do while she waits .... get on the MJF website of course !!!
Tammyb
sisterchick 541

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  05:07:22 AM  Show Profile
Everyone sounds like they are having a great spring/start of summer. My garden area is still too wet to plant but we are turning it inch by inch and the rain is suppose to stay at bay until next week. Hoping that we can get our seedlings in this weekend. Off to PT so prayers to all and have a great day.

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  05:11:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi my porchies!
Deb~ It was horribly hot and humid all day - not good for the moving in New Brunswick. We didn't get rain and lightning until about 5pm. It only lasted a short while.
It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day here at the Jersey Shore. I am thinking about getting the camera out and heading on my bike to the beach to take some pictures.
Saying a prayer for all those people affected by the tornado in Massachussetts.
Have a great day ladies!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  05:20:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Elaine -

Gee, I wish I was at the beach with you! There's nothing I like to do better than walk the shoreline, look for shells and daydream! Enjoy your day - it's beautiful here in the Pocono's also.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  07:32:04 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...as of 3:38 am this June 2nd, I became a Grandmama again. Madeline now has a baby sister named Naomi Elise who weighed in at 9lbs 3 oz and is 21 inches long. Mommy and baby are doing fine (daddy too) and Grandmama is on Cloud Nine! I will give them one week home with Miss Naomi and then I am headed to Seattle next weekend to go play with my two girls. Nothing could go wrong in my World today.
It can rain buckets all day long but it will Not Rain On My Parade!

We had a Wonderful time at The Oregon Coast (Lincoln City). I should say everyone but my DH. He got sick the first night we got there and spent the whole weekend in bed. Poor baby...he is still sick. He has been in bed for five straight days. Goes to the Dr. tomorrow. It was a great time of RnR and the weather couldn't have been better. We shopped, ate too much, laughed a lot and enjoyed both the majesty and tranquility of the Ocean Waves. They are a theraputic wash of the brain and body combined. We stay in a darling Condo there (which we rent not own) and we did not turn on a TV the entire weekend. Took no phone calls and pretty much stayed off all electronics period. It was just what the Dr. ordered for a time of Refreshment and Renewel.

When I got us home on Monday afternoon I came down with a migrain and it was one of those where light and sound pound your head. Had that for 3 days...so that is why I haven't been on The Porch much. Just
checked my emails and made quick responses.

My garden is starting to grow despite the soggy weather! I have my first zuchinni on the vine. That is exciting!

Well my lovely ladies...I will try to make it back on here later. Have a stunning day...and count your many blessings! When I count mine
my Porchies top the list!

Hugs and Loves,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 02 2011 07:47:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  07:32:24 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Porch ladies.. Hope every one is doing well. Not much going on here. Weather is strange. Cloudy with some rain every once in a while. I'm sure Peggy is feeling it. I'm teaching a purse class today. Only one student. Bummer. It's a two day class. I'll make $4.50 an hour. I wasn't going to do it.. but any money is good right now. I got two projects done for my blog and one of my postings got me over 100 hits the other day. Big time for my little blog. Hint: one of my postings for the second week in June is a project I made for our tea exchange ladies. But you don't get it until my month which is December. HA!
My mom had surgery on her shoulder AGAIN! This is the third time since I arrived in January. Now she has to wear a sling and can't move her arm for 6 weeks. So much for her getting around on her own. It also means I'm up for all the housework and driving her again. It seems like a bad cycle she can't seem to get out of. She still has to have the other shoulder done.

Theresa, glad your surgery went well. Yosemite is my old home. If you drove through a little town called Groveland, you passed my old quilt shop and many of my friends as well. I do miss it.

Elaine, I'm jealous of you living so close to the ocean. Not sure about the heat and humidity though. I have always lived in a very dry climate.

Tammy, Cute tea set!

Melanie, are you out there? How is your business and wedding planning doing??

Anyone heard from Lida lately? I think she is our Christmas Ornament this month. Hope all is well.

Well, off to get ready for class. Enjoy your gardens and stay healthy and safe!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost...
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  07:37:15 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, congrats on the new grand baby! Glad to hear everything went well. What a pretty name! Most Naomi's I know are a bit spunky.. She will give everyone a run for their money when they get older.. ( I mean that in a good way). I have known 3 Naomi's and all three were creative, energetic and full of it.

Oh, and I meant to say Lida is our Xmas ornament swapper. I don't think Lida will fit on any of our trees.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost...
Go to Top of Page

kathleenshoop
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

kathleen
oakmont pa
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  07:56:45 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations on your new granddaughter! What a thrill that must be. Your daughter is so lucky to have you! I would know--my mom has been such a great grandmother to my children. It's really special!

Kathie
The Last Letter-- http://www.amazon.com/Winner--Best-Regional-Fiction-Midwest-ebook/dp/B004XR50K6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1307026524&sr=8-3

Author, The Last Letter, The novel for every daughter who thinks she knows her mother's story...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  08:14:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kathleen...WELCOME TO THE PORCH! Thank you, to you and Bunny for the grandbaby congrats! I also want you to know I just went
on my Kindle and purchased your book. Looks like a good read! Might be theraputic too...as I have a love/dislike relationship with
my Mother. She is hard to be around as she is pretty Narcisstic and bossy. But, I look forward to reading your Novel and getting
to know you better, here on The Porch!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  08:26:48 AM  Show Profile
Goooood Morning Porchies....
I woke up to a breezy/sunny/68 this morning. How wonderful. Just the break we needed. I slept well....finally.
Congrats Gr-Ma-Peggy, a new bundle of joy to cuddle. Glad everyone is doing well.
Well, who knows what today holds, but I'm going to go find out. Make it a GREAT day girls!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  08:39:52 AM  Show Profile
Peg congrats on being Grandma again. I am looking forward to meeting to four little great grandbabies.

Great weather to all and may the Lord bless all. Back to work for me.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  08:59:41 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porchies,
It is windy and warm here in my neck of the woods. My herbs and veggies and flowers are finally starting to look good. The weather has straightened out a bit so that has helped.

Peggy~congrats on being a grandma again. I just know she is as cute as a button. Hope your hubby feels better soon.

Kathleen~Welcome to the porch. Lovely ladies here.

Well ladies, time to fold some laundry and put the next load on theline. Judy I am pretty sure my towels will be like your sheets yesterday..

love to you all,
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  12:09:20 PM  Show Profile

Well, here are my DIL, Madeline and little Sister Naomi! What a Special Day for Grandmama!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  12:28:39 PM  Show Profile
Oh how beautiful! Such sweet lovely girls! Just beautiful!

love to you
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  2:45:10 PM  Show Profile
Peggy~ Congratulations!!! What a beautiful picture of your girls!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page