Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  3:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Ladybugs! It has been awhile. Hasn't it? I've not fallen off the face of the earth yet, but we sure thought we were going to get blown away last week. I've been reading to catch up. There has been so much going on. Sending prayers and praises. It has been pretty crazy around here too.

The new biz is shaky. I held my first party and dealing with things that came up out of stock and things that arrived broken, didn't come out as well as I'd hoped. But at least I didn't go belly-up. The kids think I should change a couple of things and give it one more go before I throw in the towel.

The weather has been super crazy everywhere. Last Wednesday was our worst storm yet. No major damage at our house. It was like God made a little protective bubble over our home. The neighbor on my left has two huge limbs down in his yard. Thankfully neither hit his home or his car. And the neighbor to the right, his truck just barely missed getting hit by a utility pole, but it did get hit with a tree limb. But again no major damage. We had a few small limbs in our yard. But all around us huge trees laying on cars and homes. The little old man that lives across from my sister lost his home. The treee just completley crushed his house. Two doors up from my sis, a home caught fire due to a downded power line. It is a total loss. A town not far (I think about 20-30 minutes away) got hit with an actual tornado. I think I heard it was a F1 or F2. Usually when we are in the cellar I can kinda hear the wind blow, but that night was wicked. We heard stuff bounce off the house and heard it twist and crack. It was just very creepy. We are so thankful that the Lord was watching over us.

Well the wedding... Can you hear me sigh?... I was stressing this past weekend over the house remodeling and money. Then honey tells me that his ds has decided now he doesn't want to live here. I asked why the change of mind and you could tell he didn't want to hurt my feelings when he told me that he just changed his mind. So honey told me that it was soon-to-be MIL and his ex-wife's doings. Now honey's mother is forever meddling and can not stand it if she isn't in complete control of everyone and everything around her. And well the ex used the excuse that ds will be too far away from her. And well that's just a load of malarky. Honey says we're still getting married in the fall. I told him I love him to pieces and want us to be together, but not without ds. Just like me and my kids are a package, he and his son are too. You don't get one without the rest. The room upstairs will be done soon. And if the boys wanted to they could share the big room downstairs until the last room upstairs is finished, but honey is going to have to put his foot down or up. This just gripes my butt that they have to go and guilt trip ds. He was actually excited about moving in here. He was excited about having a new room and getting to decorate it however he wanted. Oh yesterday was mine and honey's 5 year anniversary. We didn't get to celebrate because he had to put in a long day at the Co-Op. But maybe this weekend we'll do a little something.

HA! I just realized where the baby kitty is.... he has been sleeping in our yardsale leftovers. Better get him before he gets wrapped in a plastic bag.

Well LadyBugs I better go start dinner. I'll try not to stay away so long next time. :)

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  5:48:30 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Congrats Peggy!

Bunny-I accidentally deleted your email. D'oh! I will email you with my number. Between working, crafting, and gardening, I've been trying to catch up on sleep and wrangle three small dogs and a husband. Whew! I'm tired just typing it!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  6:32:18 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, what does Madeline think of her new sister? Is she ok with her or does she want her to go back where she came from? hahaha Thanks for sharing th pic.
Melanie...what a scary storm you had. Praises to God for protecting you! What a cute kitty pic. Don't they find the strangest places to be comfy!hahahaWell, I took Mama out to eat and to get some groceries. It was cool(68-breezy-sunny) all day so she was able to enjoy it. At 83, she and heat don't get along at all. We ate at (Uncle Bobs) Bob Evans. She love breakfast, no matter what time it is. hmmm...must be where I get it! *giggle*
Well...nite girls. Sleep tight!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  6:50:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Tomorrow is my last final, and then I'll get to post something longer! Hope everyone's doing well!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  7:48:57 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone. Glad to hear from some MIA's.
Tammyb, Congrats on the new grandbaby. Boy there are a lot of Tammy's here. Hard to keep up with differences.

Melanie, So glad you are ok after the storm. Must of been so scary not knowing what's going on outside. Sorry about the drama with your family. X wives can be a pain. I'm sure you will do the right thing.
Sorry the business hit some bumps. Hang in there. It takes some time to work out all the kinks.

Peggy, your new grandbaby is a blessing. They are going to wear you out!

Pam, I'll email you my phone number again too. It may take a while to get together.. no stress. It will happen when it works for everyone.

Taught my class today and had two more people want to take it. So I scheduled a special class for them. At least this time there will be two of them. I have to be careful or pretty soon I'll be busy 7 days a week with no time off. I hate having to make money that way.

Later for now.. stay safe and healthy!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  8:30:32 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

There are so many congrats and thank you prayers for everyone bein safe and new blessings!

I'm the ornament swap person for this month, so I need the addresses!

I'm so busy I don't have a lot of time to talk tonight. I'll post in a few days when things calm down.

Bye! Bye!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  9:30:19 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations PeggyAnn. Nice looking family. Those are some long legs!

I'm almost done with my beginner knitters badge. It says it should take at least 3 hours. I quit counting after 9...sigh.

I got a 7 pound chicken the other day and stuck him in the crockpot this evening. Yum! I'll finish putting it in bags and saving for tomorrow. I have a headache tonight which is unusual. Could be from taking extra vitamin C.

I'm hoping we're through the worst of the weather for awhile. Hurricane season should be starting soon.

I got my first e-newsletter. It's very well put together and I'm enjoying reading about Maryjane's trip.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  06:58:14 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Just got back from PT and doing wonderful.

PeggyAnn, what a wonderful photo! Congrats on your new Grandbaby!! Sure is cute.

Bunny, your class sounds like fun. Prayers go out for your mom. Hope she is feeling better soon. You use to live by Yosemite, WOW!! what a wonderful place. I'm sure we went right by your ole place. I even liked all the snow!

Melanie, Glad to hear you weathered the tornado. Been through a few myself and know how scary they are. Prayers go out for all your neighbors.

Megan, Good luck on your finals today. Am sure you will do great!

Tammyb, Congrats on your new Grandbaby. I don't think I will ever be a grand ma. My daughter talk me to bread the cat if I wanted grandchildren, but it was already to late..... I'd already had her fixed. As much as I would like to be a grand ma, if my daughter doesn't want children then it is ok with me. Rather that then her have one she didn't want. ya know what I mean???????

Angela, just sent you my address for the ornament swap. My month is September so I best be getting it together. hahahaha

Well, going to run for now and see if I can get another closet cleaned ;-)

Hugs and prayers for all

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  07:11:36 AM  Show Profile
Tammyb...Congrats on being a Grandma too! How is your daughter and grandbaby?

RFM Tammy...I forgot to tell you how much I loved your tea-set. So adorable!

Judy...Miss Madeline is very proud of her new baby sister. In fact last night my son told
me that Madeline just loved holding Naomi and that she wanted to touch her hair, hands,
feet (all those precious new baby parts) and then she said, "Daddy, I need to tell mommy
that I love her and I need to teach Naomi how to dance." I loved that!

Bunny...you are right about Naomi's being spunky...and I hope this one is too (to a degree) Spunky mixed with kindness and gentleness too.

Theresa...it is so good to be able to have you on more often now.
When you get done with deep cleaning your house...I am offering mine so that you don't get bored. LOL

Mel...my goodness girl I thought you might have been blown away by a tornado and landed in Oz or something! Glad to hear from you...we have missed you!!! Sorry about the drama with your honey and his son now not wanting to move into your home. Why do well laid plans always have to have road bumps? Once he moves in...he will get "glad" in the same shoes he's now "mad" in. It is probably just listening to the adults in his life voice their opinions...and being a tad nervous about change. Hang in there!

Teacher Tammy...are you fluttering around in your house and garden?
What kind of fun things do you have planned for your summer?

Megan...we know you are going to Ace those finals today girl! It will be fun to have you back on The Porch more this summer.

Angela...sent you my address dear one. How is your garden doing now?
Mine is starting to get little fruit growing on the vines. I was out poking around yesterday in between rain showers and I have peas growing, zuchinni and strawberries...so far.

Pam...missen you girl! As soon as I am back from Seattle we will plan a get together.

Darlene...praying for you especially heavily today. Hope you feel all our prayers wrapped around you like the warm Sonshine!

I know I am missing some of YOU Lovely Ladies...sorry but my brain is on "baby mode"...that is all I can think about until I get to Seattle and can love on those two darling g-daughters of mine. Thanks for all the Wonderful Congrats. It is so nice to have sisters to rejoice with you!

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 03 2011 07:36:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  11:48:41 AM  Show Profile
Elaine - I received your cute note, recipe and yummy sounding tea today - thank you so much!

Deb (debtea2) -I'm a little confused about our tea swap. I sent out my tea and recipe only one time, but have received at least 2 recipes and teas from some of the swap partners. Was this to be an on-going swap? I'm still new at this swap thing, so please let me know what I'm missing!

Thanks - have a great weekend everybody!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  3:25:24 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon Ladies,

I was reading over the merit badge awardees. There are some very talented farmgirls out there. The work is beautiful. I'm almost done with my scarf.

I have severl projects I want to do but when the seasons change I always feel like spring cleaning. So now I'm in the process of going through everything and cleaning all the shelves.

Hope you have a good weekend!

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  4:26:13 PM  Show Profile
evening my lovely porchies
peggy congrats on another little angel and you;ll have to update your blog now...LOL
tammyb congrats to you too sweetie..
luanne i emailed you re" tea swap
well it was an incredibly gorgeous day here and i was couped all day in meetings bummer
but theres always tomorrow as they say it will be a beautiful weekend..
prayers for all my sweet sisters..
blessing deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  12:28:06 AM  Show Profile
Deborah...I am so bad about keeping my blogs current! I would rather be on MJF...is my problem! Some people, like Pam and Bunny keep their blogs up regularly...and it is always fun to go check them out. Me...I just think about doing it and then move on to other things. I'm bad!

Julie...I was going to do the Merit badges when I started MJF over a year ago. They turned out to look like more work than I wanted to
do (kind of like my blogs).lol I am just at that age where I have worked all my life and now, I just want to play and have fun. What can I say, I am a slug.

Luanne...we just seem to be getting doubly blessed on the tea swap! Don't fight it girl ...just enjoy it! That's what I've decided!

Well, my hubby went to the Dr. today and we found out he has double Pnuemonia. The Dr. wants him off at least one more week of work and possibly more. He got several strong perscriptions...so, hope it kicks it soon. He has already been in bed for 7 days. Poor baby! He isn't demanding when he gets sick...he just keeps to himself and sleeps a lot. I have to go ask him if I can do anything for him and he usually says no. I would appreciate prayers for him...he rarely gets sick at all. Not sure how he caught this stuff other than our weather is so sporatic here...that it seems everyone is coming down with something.

I am off to read and get some quiet time before I call it a night. Hope to go see my grand-daughters next weekend but it is going to depend on how my hubby is doing. And I soooooo pray I don't get it!

Sweet Dreams My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 04 2011 12:32:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  06:39:13 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Bunny, I'll email you my phone number too-just in case. Most weekends I am open.

This weekend is going to be beautiful so I am going to try to get as much sun as possible. LOL! My friend is in the roller derby and she has a match tonight. I'm going to go see it.

Peggy-sounds like a plan!

Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  11:39:32 PM  Show Profile
Hello,everyone! :) I've not been here in ever so long..most may not even remember me. It's nice to read about new grandbabies,finals(I hope you did well!)and God's blessing of safety!
It finally stopped raining long enough this week for us to get somethings done outside...until this week we've had rain everyday of the week except one maybe two since the beginning of April! Hubby was able to give the front porch a fresh coat of paint,turn the garden(which we got particially planted today),we got the garage most cleaned out(did major sort and ditch...organizing what is being kept as we went!)Feels soooo good to get these things done...I'm sitting here with a glass of ice tea and getting ready for some sleep,it's late. God Bless Y'all...thanks for visiting with me :)

Edited by - cj6 on Jun 05 2011 10:58:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2011 :  07:03:17 AM  Show Profile
Peggy Ann, I am really enjoying being on more and I would be more than willing to stop by your house in, oh let's say, the five years it will take me to finish mine. I love Washington it is such a beautiful place. So So Sorry to hear about your DH. My prayers are headed his way.

I started the badge thing when I first signed up and have about 4 or 5. Am looking forward to doing more of them. Have some idea's on what I'd like to do with them when I have enough. Plan's still brewing in my head but will share them when the are a little more formed. hahaha

We thought we were going to get to plant our seedlings today but a very bad storm came through last night and we are back to ankle deep in water and mud again. My poor garden is turning out to be a container garden on the patio.

Well DH is ready to roll so I will sign on later.

prayers and hugs to all.

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2011 :  09:26:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls! Theresa...wasn't that storm last night scary. All storms are scary to me.(i'm a big baby i guess)Our sirens went off to warn us of the tornado warning in southern Ohio. I didn't like the look of our sky at all. The cat ran and hid and didn't come out until after his(dad)came home from work...after 8PM.So, Ya, I was here alone thru it all. It rumbled all thru the night too. Yuk! This is the part of Spring I hate!! *shivers*
Peg, You deserve to rest and play more now. I'm in that boat too. I've worked and made my own way since I was 12. Now it's "Rest'n Enjoy" time. Of course, I'm having trouble with that. Can't slow my mind down. Still in the "hurry-hurry-push-push" mode I guess.
I will pray for your Dear Hubby. That's so heart-warming that he's one of those who doesn't grumble and stress you. I have one of those too. But I understand how jut worrying about him can be stressful to you. God Bless you both!
Well after all of last nights rumbling, it's the perfect day today. 85/breezy/sunny/ perfect for just BEING! And I am. hahaha
Hey CJ6, I don't remember you, but I'm happy to meet another Sister. Howdy! Glad you got sooooo much done, and in just one day. ~whew~ you deserved that ice tea and a sit-down. lol
Make it a GREAT weekend Gals!
Love ya'll! Extra BIG French-Hugs(just means we linger longer at each cheek LOL)&Squeezles to ya!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2011 :  09:32:50 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning porch ladies. Weather got hot here for a few days. Today is muggy but warm. I got up about 4:30 this morning and the sky was bright red, then a little later turned a pretty lavender. I could lay in bed and watch it turn. If my camera would have done a good job I would have taken a picture. I guess we are in for more rain.. red sky at dawn sailors be warned.
Anyway, been sewing for more classes. Got in trouble at work. I tried to educate someone on the quality of fabric because she tried to tell me she had some very good quality fabric from Walmart. I should have just shut my mouth and said nothing. Then got in more trouble because some ladies came in and wanted a pattern for a quilt that was hanging up and it had no pattern. I guess I said something like I probably would have taken it down if it was my store.. something like that. I really don't remember but they sure did and made a point of telling the owner. Of course the quilt is still there with no pattern. But I'm now on edge with everything I say. Being ADD is hard because things come out of my mouth before I can stop them. Then it's too late. I'm not looking forward to my next two weeks working. I just have to think pollyanna and see if that works. Sad thing is I get so many negative comments about her and can't say anything to her or the customer complaining. Of course she doesn't get people making a point to come in and tell her how great I am either. I do get repeat customers but she doesn't see any of that.

The bank is still be a pain about my house. I have an offer but the bank won't do anything about it. My realtor spoke to them and they said that no way would they accept the offer because I wasn't living there any more and the program I was in said it had to be my primary residence. So I had to call them and tell them the terms of the program allowed me to be gone for 12 months and to just foreclose if they didn't want to sell it. They started to back peddle and said they would send it up to management. I guess they are use to people begging to stay and like things dragged on. Chase bank is the worst! I will never do business with them again.

Peggy, I hope your DH gets better soon. I'm sure you are taking good care of him. I'll send prayers his way.

Pam, I look forward to getting together. I could use a day away with some fun.

Off to the sewing room.
Later porchies.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2011 :  7:47:49 PM  Show Profile
Peggy- thanks for your comment. It really cheered me up. I pulled/strained some muscle in my leg so I'm laying around feeling sorry for myself. You gave me a needed smile. The badges appeal to me because I'm like you and get interested in something and after awhile I wander off to try something else. My blog is suffering too and I'm not sure if I'll get back to it like I used to. There's also many things I feel I should know how to do but haven't taken the time to learn. I'm hoping the badges will be a good reward system for me. I bought a blank apron and my plan is to sew them on.

I finished my scarf today! I'll post a pic when I submit it for a badge. My 5 year old has already staked a claim on it. But she thinks everything I make is for her.

*Big News* DH called me at work to ask how to open the laundry umbrella to hang clothes to dry! So proud of him!

Edited by - FarmDream on Jun 05 2011 11:41:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2011 :  03:54:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies~
It was a very busy weekend here. Planting rose bushes and replanting hosta. I was dead tired - but a good tired. Prayers for all that need them. i am heading out to school to sub 5th grade now - just wanted to check in and see how everyone was!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2011 :  05:30:45 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy~ prying for your DH. Beautiful grandbabies! I hope you and hubby are able to make the trip this weekend. :)

Judy~ That storm moved through here yesterday morning. No tornado warnings for us this time. PTL! I'm glad you made it through. My mom had been to the Dollar Store and stopped when she realized our town sirens were going off. (Now they sound the sirens for severe thunderstorm warnings as well as tornado warnings.) So anyhoo she talked me into bailing out and going to her house. Seems like everytime I listen to her, nothing happens. So we had a little wind and little rain. And today the weather is beautiful!

Seems like I've been stressed out over nothing. Honey called from work to tell me that his boss is keeping him on till at least September and if things pick up again in the fall maybe on in to November. He told his boss ok and reminded him that we are gettting married the 1st of October. His boss joked with his said they might be too busy for that in October. LOL I asked Honey about DS and what we were going to do about his mom and ex's meddling. He said he has all ready talked to DS and told him that they will both move in here when it's time. I've came up with a tempoary solution to room addition issue. I've asked the boys if they will share the big downstairs bedroom till the last bedroom upstairs is finished. Eveyone seems to be ok with that.

Well I better go. I need to visit the clerk's office and run some other errands today.
Have a beautiful day!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2011 :  10:00:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Pam -

I received your tea and recipe today - they both sound yummy! Now, I just need a quiet evening to sit down with that cup of tea!

Thanks!
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2011 :  11:50:07 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, so glad things are working out. Good that your guy stood up to the X and is keeping his son with him. I'm sure it will be the best in the long run.

Peggy, hope your hubby is doing better. I know it takes a long time for all the meds to kick in.
Not sure about Pam but my blog is my path to my business. I use it to get people to my fabric shop and just get my name out there for making money in the future selling my quilt designs and fabric.
I love doing it, but it is work. I have a 2 year plan to be self sufficient with an internet store and my teaching. It is still a struggle just to find something meaningful to blog about.

Off to do errands with mom today. I hate to be away from my sewing room for a whole day but I guess I need to see daylight every once in a while.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2011 :  4:42:42 PM  Show Profile
CJ6...glad to have you back on The Porch! I know this is my favorite place to hang out and chat,
hope you find the same thing.

Melanie, Bunny and you other Porchies who are throwing prayers our way...Thank You So Very Much.
Hubby still isn't doing well. He goes back to the Dr. at the end of the week...but I am thinking
he will probably be off work most of this month...he is just in that bad of condition. He turns
68 the end of this month...and the older you get the harder it is to shake these things. I had
walking pnuemonia when I was 30 and it took me a good month in bed. He has it much worse than
I did and he is 38 yrs older than I was. No Spring Chicken anymore...though he thinks he is. lol

Pam...loved your craftster video for Fathers Day! What a great idea! Might have to give that one a try.
I love how your personality is show-cased in your video's. You are so darn cute!

Elaine...thanks for the tea. Will enjoy it later with my book. Haven't had this one before...I love
trying new things. That's why the tea swaps are so much fun.

Will check back later...love, hugs and joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 06 2011 4:56:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2011 :  6:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Peggy! That was a fun and easy one to do. I love being goofy for the camera. Hee hee!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page