Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  09:04:16 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Nice day ahead but I'm so tired of the wind. It's part of living here though.
Had a good thing happen the other day. Accuquilt a company that makes the fabric die cutter I use asked me to be a designer for their website patterns. No pay of course. I had to really think about it. I got my panties in a knot thinking about it. They are very successful and making big money and.... don't want to pay designers for their ideas? But I thought about it and realized it's not like I need to do it all the time.. One here or there isn't going to hurt and it will get my name out there. Plus she did say I could get 5 free dies if I agreed to do 3 designs within 3 months.. that was a no brainer. But I sure wish some of this effort would turn into dollars!
I had another idea yesterday.. there is a local public access tv station here in town. I was thinking it would be cool if somehow I could put together a quilt show. There is a local lady that does a cooking show. I'm a bit shy about just calling them up... I'll have to pull out some courage and give them a call.. it would be sooo cool! You have to be really careful not to sell anything or use any companies name. I would have to take the name plate off my die cutter if I ever used it.. but I could manage.

Peggy, sorry hubby is down again. Sounds like he needs to take it a bit slow. I'm sure his doctor will set him straight.

Dana, have fun in Idaho! I'm sure it will be a nice break.

Cherime, good luck with your craft sales. I hope you do great!

Tammy, sounds like your outing was a blast. How fun would it be to work on the farm. You should keep in touch!

I love that everyone has crafting and sewing to do. I hope you are sharing on your blogs!

Well, time to get ready for work! I actually get to sew all day. That pretty much seems to be what my boss wants me to do.
Right up my alley!
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  11:54:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!
Just got back from a couple of hours at the beach. I am really lucky to be so close. We had a nice breeze, no flies and beautiful sun.

Tammy~ I used the flat marshmallows! They were great - toasted great and squished even better between my graham cracker and chocolate!

Bunny~ Put your ideas together for a quilt show and go for it! You are one talented lady - you need to get your name out there. It would be a good idea to do the designs for that company too - another check to put on your resume!!

FarmDream~ A push reel mower - how fun!

Deb~ How's the weather up there? I hope it is as nice as it is here!

Well it's time to start thinking about what wilbe for dinner - or maybe it is time to just go out to the garden and pull a few weeds? Hmmm....

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  12:06:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi all -

I've been trying to keep up with all the posts even though I haven't had much time to write. BF's mother was diagnosed with colorectal cancer last week and is being transferred to a nursing home that will take her for daily radiation treatments. She is not a candidate for chemo or surgery because of her age (91) and other health issues. So, prayers for her would be appreciated.

BF and I went camping for a 3 day weekend, and it poured every minute we were there - the tent leaked, sleeping bags and clothing was soaking wet, etc. - not even a dry minute to build a fire and toast a marshallow - darn........ Found out you should never ever spend 3 days in a wet tent with anyone you care about - that is just too much "togetherness". It's a wonder we didn't kill each other before it was over. Oh well, maybe we'll try again later this summer.

Sounds like everybody is busy with outside work, gardens, etc. - all the fun things that summer brings.

Prayers going out to all those who are having problems of some sort. Has anyone heard from Darlene in Kunkletown lately? I know she was having some problems and she hasn't been posting lately. I'm close by to her, so if there is anything she needs maybe I can help.

Hugs to all -

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  3:50:35 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Beautiful Porch Babes...

Luanne...I got a note from Darlene in the mail today. She was having computer problems but was getting it fixed. She also has some
serious health issues right now...so prayers and encouragement would be good! She is trusting God and sounded like she wasn't down
but hey...we can all use people praying for us and a few cards and letters to keep our spirits soaring instead of nose-diving.

RFM Tammy...hey, that sounds like a fun job, working at a farm. Is it very far away from where you live? ~ A clothes line sounds great for bedding, but I love my towels warm and soft and my clothes...not wrinkeled. And I abhore ironing...so, I don't think I could go back
to using a clothes line. I do miss the fresh smell of line-dried clothes though.

Elaine...you had to go and mention smores didn't you. You know me and my chocolate addiction...it's a good thing I am out of marshmellows.
I have never even seen the flat ones before. But you know what...I am one of those people who purposely burn my marshmellows. I love them burnt. The grispier the better. yummy!

Bunny...I cannot believe that there are people out there that don't pay their employees what is due them. That is terrible but I know it
goes on more than the average person knows. I wouldn't work for anyone for free and you are way too talented to be doing that. ~ That is cool that you have the opportunity to atleast "trade" your skills with the Die Cutter Company and get your name and talents out there more.

Julie...so you are going to be mowing with a hand mower huh? I did that so much when I was a kid...that it just sounds like hard work to
me now. It is healthy excercise that is for sure. Let us know what you think after the first time you mow. If you are young enough you'll probably love it. If you are older like I am...not so much! lol

Well, the Dr. only allowed my hubby to go back to work PT for two more months. He has to work back into work slowly. His boss is good with that...so, that is good. I started getting the symptoms of pneumonia...so I got right on the medication. Hopefully I wont get it
as bad as he did.

Well, I did laundry all morning and so, I am off to bed for a nap. Later my lovelies...

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  6:36:44 PM  Show Profile
evening porchiies
what a beautiful day
elaine i'm so jealous of you having the beach so close..i hate driving the parkway in the summer too much traffic but i do love the beach i spent the whole day there when i get the chance my favorite time is sept. the weathers perfect no people and the waters still warm.. i like sea girt but usually go to Island beach SP...and did you say smores omg i've been wanting those for weeks now and refuse to give in to the cravings..but i will soon..
bunny you really are very talented i wish you lots of luck...and Prayers for your BFs mom..
peggy i didn't know it was contagious? prayers that you remain in good health.
well i interviewed for another job and think i got it..wish me luck a little pray couldn't hurt..
blessings and prayer for all
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  7:38:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Peggy, you must post a picture of little Snickers (although from what you're telling us she's not so little anymore:)
Luanne, I'll be praying for your BF's mom.
Deborah, I hope you get the job!
Bunny, you should go for a quilting show! That'd be so great for you!
Dana, have fun on your vacation:)
I have been quite the busy bee the past couple of days! Today I got caught up on my summer school work, and I babysat Monday and am going to again tomorrow. But it really hasn't been that nice here... Can someone please send me warm weather? I hope everyone's doing well!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

7 apples
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Ronee
Hazelwood IN
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  06:06:50 AM  Show Profile
I have a ? photobucket is being dumb and I want to put a pic up here, is there another site I can upload pics to?

~barefoot farmgirl Ronee,wife to one amazing apple and mommy to 5 baby apple's..
God, family and my garden are all I need in life <3
Farmgirl Sister #3103
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=538005128 add me on FB if you want to!
https://isababy.scentsy.us/Home
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  07:05:04 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Just reading through all the posts and everyone seems to be having a pretty good summer so far... even with the crazy weather we have been having.

Peggy, Luanne and Darlene: Healing prayers are flying your way.

Staci: Thank you for the well wishes. Wish I had left work and done this years ago. I have never felt better. Tues I felt so good I decided to wash the car. Paid for it Wednesday, but today ...all better. Sometimes by brain thinks I'm 20 again and my body just cracks up and says... "ok, go for it.... payment due tomorrow" ;-0

Bunny Congrats on the teaching job and Hiring Job Vibes are coming your way for the Librarians Assistants position. Hope you get the job. Went out to your site and saw the darling tea pouches... can hardly wait until December. They are just so darn cute.

Dana: have fun in Idaho! Should be beautiful this time of year.

Cherme, Hope your craft show goes well and you sell it all.

Melanie: Congrats on recruiting the children for chore help. Your DS may not appreciate it now, but he will later in life.

Angela: I know what you mean about mud in the garden. I'm hoping that we don't get root rot before we get produce! Rain in the forecast again today. But the temp is nice so I can at least have the windows open.

Deborah: Since I no longer work I am finding that I really love being able to spread the workload out over the week. Six Saturdays and a Sunday is really wonderful. I do however miss looking forward to the weekend. I was really blown away when everyone around here was looking forward to a long weekend and I had forgotten it was even a holiday weekend. Really strange for me as I have worked since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Not complaining mind you. It's just different.

Well, off to the craft room with me. Want to finish off some aprons and potato steamers.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  08:43:30 AM  Show Profile
Ok Theresa...what is a potato steamer??? Got me curious girlfriend!

Deborah...yes, pneumonia is highly contagious. That is why they give pheumonia shots just like flu shots. I can't
take either one because they are egg based and I am allergic to eggs.

Megan...if you go back about 10 Pages(?) you will find a picture of Snickers and my sons dog Brindle.

Ronee...if you have your photos in Picasa or some type of Photo download on your computer...then just hit the little
picture icon on the left side of our Message: and it will upload from your own photo album.

Darlene...is your computer "well" yet? I know you said that you were taking it to the Dr.

Well, my porchies, I am leaving you with a pot of Cherry Tea (my new favorite) and some choc. chip scones.

I will check back with ya all later.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  1:33:39 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hello lovelies! Today is my birthday and I'm working. BOO! But, Mark is cooking me dinner tonight and I'm going out with my dad this weekend. It's been a pretty good day so far! I hope everyone is doing wonderful and having a great summer.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  1:39:34 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Also, thank you Judy for the birthday card and tea-you are much too kind (and sassy!).

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  5:18:23 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
Well I got the job I was hoping for so thank you all for the good wishes and prayers
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAM
peggy well cherry tea sounds yummy and praying you don't get
pneumonia..my friend must have had a didferent kind because she was not contagious. thank goodness because i took care of her..
theresa i did enjoy being off and not having to do all that paperwork i got stuck with every week..
its a beautiful night here so i'll be heading to the porch and enjoy a warm evening.
prayers and blessings for all my sweet sisters.
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  5:36:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi All!
It was a nice day today. It was a little cloudy but a great day for gardening. Of course this evening I was chasing a groundhog out of my garden. I spread some Epsom salts around - I think I might get some pinwheels tomorrow. We'll see. I've been kind of all over the place - I need to start getting focused. I am thinking of getting my resume together. Subbing is great but the money is unreliable - evena part time teaching job would be better. We'll see - not a great time to be looking for a teaching job in NJ - LOL. I've lready domne the vice principal and principal thing - I would much rather be in the classroom with the kids. Sorry I am rambling - just trying to get my thoughts together.

I hope everyone has a peaceful evening - enjoy.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  5:43:26 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Pam! Hope you have a great day even if you did have to work.

Deborah, good for you getting the job. I hope it works out great.

Peggy!... take care of yourself. You don't want to get sick!

Boss said she would have my paycheck when she comes back... I'm still waiting for paycheck stubs. I need to see where that money I'm not getting is going. She doesn't get it.

The weather is beautiful here! I know it will all be over when summer really hits. It gets hot here. Eastern Oregon and all. Not looking forward to it. I would love to live in the drizzle.

Well it's off to sub for my mom's bunco group. Nice ladies but I'm tired.. no rest for the wicked.

Peggy, I'm snatching a chocolate scone! mmmmmmm.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2011 :  10:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey there my LadyBugs! I'm turning into a night owl. It's 12:30am here! LOL The kiddos are gone to their dad's this weekend and honey, or as RFM Tammy puts it- DF (I like that. heehee) has to work tomorrow. Boo-Hoo for him!! I have busted my tookas this week and I am ready to stay up half the night chit chatting on the porch with you gals. Now I don't have smores, but I did bring some reese peanut butter cups and mountain dew. I know I'm a bad girl! I think we can let this one slide though. I have cleaned 5 homes (not counting mine) and the apt complex this week, plus regular yardwork, dug another flower bed and stacked a huge pile of scrap metal in my front yard. Oooo I'm sure my neighbors love me and my mess. LOL They'll have to love me a little longer as the gal and her df are now not going to be able to pick it up till next weekend. I have about 6 other offers to haul it off and I'd really like it gone, but.... this gal and her guy are going to use the money from the scrap to help pay for their wedding, which also happens to be in October. So you know as soon as I read her message I was thinking that she has to be the one to have all my junk. HA!

Peggy~ I hope you don't get the pneumonia. Allergic to eggs? What happens during you reaction? DF's throat swells up when he eats eggs. Usually he can eat one sometimes two and be ok, but not anymore than that.

RFM Tammy~ You just reminded me that my df needs to finish digging my clothesline post holes. He started last summer and then it got super hot soooo....

Bunny~ What are we gonna do with your boss? Shame on her. That is one thing I am adamant about when I have someone work with me- they get paid first! I've been on that receiving end of being stiffed on payday and it's awful.

Happy belated birthday Pam!

Congrats on the job Deb!

I picked up some of that new flea medicine at Wal-Mart that claims to be nearly the same as Frontline for the critters this evening. I hope it works. These poor babies, I treat them and they clear up for a couple of weeks and then they are covered again before it's time for another treatment. We found a HUGE flea nest in the dog room a week or so ago. So Hallie and I threw all the bedding and everything out and then I sprayed the room with some spray I got from the vet. I've noticed a big difference. The fleas are not near as bad in the house as they were.

Well I guess I should call it a night. Talk to ya'll in the morning.

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  01:36:57 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Lovelies...I am happy to say that I am not getting pneumonia like my DH. Mine is allergies from the Cottonwood trees.
Much easier to deal with and not potentially life threatening either!

Deb...Congrats on the new job. You didn't have very long to play and enjoy not working did you? I think you and Cherime found
jobs faster than anyone I know who is looking for work in this crumby economy.

Mel...I bet your neighbors will just love the new addition to your front yard. lol Maybe you can make it look artistic or
something. How about a Metal Scarcrow? He he! ~ I also can eat one or two eggs on occassion. But when I took my first flu shot
that night I had gas pressing against my heart so strongly that I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. The next day
I called the clinic and they told me I was allergic to eggs and not to take any more flu or pneumonia shots. First I knew I
was allergic to them. Strange huh?

Bunny...do you read for entertainment? The reason I ask is because I am reading a book right now called "A Single Thread" by Marie
Bostwick. And it is one of those Womens Relationship Books...but it is about a gal who goes through a divorce, moves across the
Country (to the New England States) and opens her own Quilting Shop. And it is about the unlikely friendships she incounters in a
Quilting Circle that starts in her own Shop. It is really good and I thought of you and Darlene while reading it the other night.
So, if you do like a good Novel once in awhile...check it out.

OK...speaking of that good book, I am only half way through it...so, I am off for a cup of My New Found Cherry Tea and my book.

Night Porchies!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  08:12:00 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Woke up with major headache this morning.. thankfully Excedrine and heated rice packs took care of the worst of it. But I've been up since 5am. Fun!

Peggy, I'm so glad you are not getting sick. The book sounds like a nice read. I read another book similar with the main character visiting her sister in the midwest at her needlepoint shop. The sister dies and she has to run the shop. It has many similarities. Another was with a yarn shop in Seattle. Everyone lives happily in the end.. I can only hope.

Melanie, where do you get all the energy? I'm pooped by 5pm and all I did was sew all day.

Not much else going on. Looking forward to doing some design work this weekend. I have so many ideas for new patterns. I also found another company formed by a big quilt publishing company that allows you to sell your patterns online in a downloadable way. I make 55% of the sale and they do all the marketing. Soooo much work to do. The only downfall is I actually have to make the quilt. Plus write the pattern and design the cover. I know it will pay off in the end.

Later for now!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  08:48:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi Bunny...yes, I have read those other books too. I especially like the Blosom Street Series by Debbie Macomber that is set in
Seattle. Did you know that she has like 5 or 6 books in that series? I have her latest book in the series downloaded on my Kindle
to read this summer. Anyway...she highly recommends the one I am reading right now. It's kind of fun to read what your favorite authors read for enjoyment! Sounds like you have a busy weekend planned for yourself. It is raining here today...and I too woke up with a
headache...so, I am checking my emails, MJF and then heading back to bed...after taking a couple of Aleve. I need to get some good
over the counter headache medication. Happy Sewing My Friend. Have a lovely day!

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  08:52:12 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, can you take Excedrine extra strength? It is the only thing that works for me. Note: extra strength and migraine are the same thing.

Hope you feel better.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  7:35:11 PM  Show Profile
I went and looked this up to be sure. There are 2 types of pneumonia, viral and bacterial.

"Pneumonia in itself is usually not contagious but the organisms, particularly the viruses, that cause pneumonia can be contagious.

Pneumonia can be caused by the same viruses that cause the common cold or influenza and these viruses can be passed from person to person. You may just have a cold but someone else may get a pneumonia. From that point of view, the virus is contagious but not the pneumonia."

Peggy- I'm glad you have allergies and not pneumonia. Many of the things I did as a kid and thought was work I'm now wanting to do again. Our treat for mowing the yard back then was a glass of rootbeer.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2011 :  12:04:58 AM  Show Profile
Julie...you are absolutely right. Our Family Dr. said that as long as Larry ran the fever he was highly contagious. And he said that there
is a form of Pneumonia going around our area that the are calling
"Community Pneumonia" because communities of people are coming down with it. Like we live in a Retirement Center, Schools are getting
it, Churches etc. It is highly contagious at the point of running the
fever.

But I am glad that you looked it up...because I thought all pneumonia was contagious.

Another wet ugly day around here...but Tuesday is suppose to be 82.
And I plan to soak it all in!!! I need all the Vitamin D I can get.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2011 :  05:13:51 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies! Hope everyone is having a Happy Father's Day. It is very humid here but the sun is shining so I am not complaining. I have some cooking to do for today. Chickens, macaroni salad, spaghetti salad, baked beans and a boston cream pie. The family is coming over so I'll ust dash around and clean up and get to cooking! I'll leave some on the porch for you. (Quick get it before the darned groundhog does!) LOL

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2011 :  06:23:50 AM  Show Profile
A good job and money do not always equate. One of my bosses, Mike got me a card on his personal American Express so that I could rent a car to travel. The card came at the end of the week. I imagine that I will not see much of him when he finally gets tired of coming up here for the summer and that will be a drag.
Sometimes people really amaze me and not in a good manner. My daughter is having trouble with her job because the person she replaced did not follow the policy and procedure manual and she is and got in trouble with the head person for doing so as the employees complained. Why even have the manual and make a new person go through all that training if you don't want to follow the thing? Ah well, this one certainly is in the Father's hands.
Peg take care of yourself. Did they give you the vaccine for the garden variety pneumonia? That was one of the first things they hit me up with.
Bunny I hope that place works for your needs for pattern downloading. Have a wonderful day all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2011 :  06:53:20 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning Gals! Just wanted to stop and sit a bit. We had a nasty little patch of storms move through early this morning. I've heard a small tornado touched down just north of city limits and that there are for sure some trees and lines down, but hopefull nothing more than that. All is good at our place, not even a twig on the ground. Praise the Lord! I always worry about my kids being at their dad's house when the storms come. He lives in a rinky-dink mobile home from the 1960's and doesn't have the sense to bail out and head to a safe place. It's not like there isn't any place to go- there's his grandma's, the hospital always lets residents take shelter there, my mom's apt and my house. Not sure either of us would be very happy about having to be around each other for any legnth of time but if it meant saving your butt from whipping in the wind... and he really should grow up and think of the kids. Sorry he just really ruffles my feathers.

Anyhoo... we are having a cookout with pop today. I still need to run to the store and pick up a couple of things. Then I'm headed to Newburgh to pick up some canning jars. I just LOVE freecycle! I picked up a few yesterday to go with the few I have here. The lady I'm meeting today has almost 30 to part with. Isn't that awesome! Eventually they may get used for canning, but right now I'm thinking flower vases and candle holders for the wedding. Oh and have ya'll ever seen MaryJane's chanderlier made from flower bed fencing and canning jars? Oooo I love that! If I can come up with the supplies and figure out a safe way to hoist it from the rafters at the shelter house. Wouldn't that be cool? Maybe I should use the flameless candles instead for that one. I could wrap flowers and raffia and.... Sorry thinking out loud again. LOL

Well girlfriends, I need to run. Hope you and all the men in your families have a wonderful Father's Day!

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2011 :  09:35:19 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies.........Oh what I wouldn't give for a nice soaking thunderstorm......I love the thunder, it's the lightening that freaks me out!! :) We are in drought mode of course and a spontaneous brush fire took out a couple houses about 50 miles south of us yesterday. And another small fire in Oak Cliff, a section of Dallas near my kids house. All's well now but it can happen so quickly, fire is scary! Anyway.....it was 104 on this porch (actually patio) yesterday. Looks like we are on track for the same today. Please gals send some rain our way!! :)

Glad you are on the mend Peg.

Now I need some root beer.....Julie!

Chandelier sounds fun Melanie.......have fun with your cookout!

I'll have a piece of that Boston Creme Pie, Elaine. Hope you get a handle on that groundhog problem (although he is cute in the pics on your blog). Tell Gus and Trudy "HI"! :)

Happy Father's Day to all the great guys out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!

Edited by - Kirksmom71 on Jun 19 2011 09:37:30 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page