Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  12:53:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi sisters! Bad weather here, but that means it's a good time to catch up on the porch and on summer school work!
Peggy, she runs cross-country and track, so she's a good motivator! I hope you're doing well!
Bunny, thank you! Your quilts are so beautiful, and you have a cute little kitty to sit with you:)
Thanks Theresa! I hope I get the job too.
Elaine, I'll be praying for your neighbors. I have gone through a similar situation with my parents, and it has been a terrible ordeal.
Debbie, please visit often!
Deborah, if you still have some of that heat, send it my way please!
Well, Wisconsin is the only place where one day you're boiling in the heat and four days later you're dressing in layers because of the 40 degree weather! It is June 11th right? Oh well, it's given me time to catch up on writing and summer school. I also start babysitting my cousins full time next week, so I'm hoping to get a head-start today on next week's work. I hope everyone's doing well and enjoying better weather than me!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  2:15:23 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn - we have a jack-a-poo (jack russell & poodle mix) that thought she was a border collie. She use to herd our rabbits (mini-rex). It was so funny because if they got scattered around the living room she'd start herding them to the middle and then she'd pick one and put her paw on the back of it until it layed down and then she'd start licking it to give it a bath. She was a little thing to - she's only 12' at shoulder, white with black spots. My daughter has her now. Poor thing is going blind. She's one of the best dogs we've ever had.

Elaine - being there and just listening is the best thing you can do. It's rough. Sometimes though it's the best thing though. It's better for them to grow up with one stable parent then two that fight all the time and were the house is a combat zone.

Well today df got my clothes line poles put in!!!! So excited :O) I weeded the garden beds and planted some lettuce. Realized I'd forgotten to plant some pepper plants so might have to do a nursery run tomorrow and see if they still have any. Need to weed the front garden beds but think I'll wait for that until later tonight or tomorrow when it's cooler out. Tonight would be a good night to put a pitcher of lemonade on the table and everybody have a good chat since it's supposed to be cool out again. I'm loving these lower temps.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  3:53:52 PM  Show Profile
Hot and humid here again. So wish we could send our weather to where others seem to need it but I know there's a plan and purpose to it all.
Theresa, sounds like we're in the same boat. A rice paddy may be just the thing. We've had hail several days this week too. Just weird.
Peggy, I love the idea of a craft group!!!! Gabbing, crafting,sharing... Therapy, indeed.
Well, no news on the car yet. It will be what it will be, as long as it's what God wants, we're good with it.
My DD and I are heading out later tonight to walk in the local American Cancer Society Relay for Life. We decided to go from 11:30pm - 1am and walk when it's cool. This is our first year and it sounds like fun. We thought about going in at 3am but I don't really enjoy the thought of getting up at 2:30 and driving. So we'll just stay up and then come home and go to bed. Then tomorrow we're walking in our local crisis pregnancy center's Walk for Life. It's much shorter and we can walk close to home. Good thing we're good company for each other and like to walk. : )
Great causes both of them!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and I pray that it rains where it is dry/burning; is cool where it's hot and dry where it is too wet.
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Jun 11 2011 3:56:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  4:33:54 PM  Show Profile
hello porchies from my rainy porch...LOL
the plants are looking good they just shot up like
mutants...and there are little zucchinis and one tiny pepper
loving it and enjoying my free time..i purged all my Xwork junk and my office looks well like an office should...thanks all for the encourgement and prayers, i always feel blessed and upbeat as some have it way worse and i pray for them..the lord smiles on those who keep going and gives them challenges to make life interesting and i'm gratefully for all my farmgirl sisters all the friends i've made along the way
in life and the lessons some hard and some wonderful and eye opening...
life is full of surprises ...lol
Theresa thank you for the kind words..
megan i'll send some heat
debbie welcome to the porch i'll pray that you are all .
well prayers for my dear sweet farmgirl sisters

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2011 :  04:38:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies~ I can't really tell what the weather is going to be like today. It was overcast and rainy yesterday - but it was all good - my garden needed the rain. Before it rains this morning my DD and I are heading out to the Allaire Flea Market to see if we find any treasures. You never know. My parents came back down from Maine for a few weeks. I had them over for dinner last night. I do love when they are in Jersey.
If it is still rainy today I could catch up on some crafting projects that I kind of let go because of the garden. If it doesn't rain , I'll head off into the garden. It is good either way!
I hope you all have a wonderful day - good thoughts and prayers for all!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2011 :  05:47:58 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Peggy-it sounds like you need a break for sure. I hope hubby heals soon.

Everyone is experiencing heat but us. I am FREEZING and ready for anything above 80.

Bunny-those quilts are so pretty! You are so talented.

Our garden, dogs and crafting have been taking up so much time lately. I think I need another day. Can we put in request? I am helping plan our annual event-a tiki crawl, this year. People from all over the US come to it, it's a 3 day event filled with music, Hawaiian and tiki fun and then the last day we have a home bar tour (bars that are set up like they use to be in the 50's). That day, we rent a bus and go to 3 different houses,no driving while having a cocktail! We have dancers, fashion shows. It's lots of fun but lots of work. Think of the fashions from 1930-1960 and you have the tiki crawl.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2011 :  08:16:00 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies. It looks like I may survive after all. I started taking some probiotics and extra vitamin c yesterday. I don't know if it helped or if the virus has just run its' course. I don't care, I'm just glad to be getting back to normal. I started sewing on my next badge and watched a documentary about 3 guys who ran across the Sahara desert. That's crazy! The garden...sigh...I'm tempted to just tear the whole thing out and start over. The deer are making me crazy! I have everything covered but it's not producing well unless I get out and uncover the stuff during the day. I'm going to have to break down and install a fence I guess...

Theresa-that's funny about planting rice!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2011 :  09:58:21 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning Ladies!

Deb~ Awful news about your job. but I'm glad you're taking some time for yourself and staying positive. I could use a little positive energy lately.

Elaine~ praying for you friend.

Peggy~ Still praying for you and your hubby. You know I used to think it would be nice if my honey wasn't a whiner when he was sick. But after reading about your DH and his shenanigans, I think I'll just keep honey all whiney and belly-achin'. But I absolutely agree with Bunny~ hide his keys and shoes and get some rest! LOL

FarmDream~ glad you are feeling a little better. Have you tried putting hair cuttings or carpet around your garden to keep the deer away? I've heard those can help.

Bunny~ beautiful work! I see your quality control is on the job! heeheehee I've ran out of cotton crochet thread so my dishcloths are done for now. Now I'm on to working on some UFO's as I get the time. I have a wall hanging I'm hand quilting a little at a time.

Honey has said soemthing crazy the last couple of weekends. Now I know he has been working his tail off at the Co-Op. They are finally starting to slow down. Today is his first day off in probably a month. So really I understand he has worked hard and is tired. But he looked at me last night and said "well at least you have weekends off." Really? I have weekends off? Technically yes I do and technically I'm off work everyday by 3pm. But what it really means is I just no longer accept cash for the work I do durning my "off time." So after the cooking, the cleaning and the yardwork, I may have an hour to realx before bedtime. Then I get up and start all over. I'm sure many of you can relate. *sigh* men will they ever get it? LOL

Well LadyBugs, it is time for me to go do a little something. Ahh shoot I think I'll go on strike today! We're heading out to Poor Man's Country Club later to hang out with my dad and celebrate his birthday. Have a wonderful day!

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2011 :  11:19:12 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies! I only have a second. I still need addresses for the ornament swap!

Julie...Have you tried the soap bars for the deer and rabbits? It works great for me! I get the regualar Dial soap bars and hang them about every 10 feet around the garden. The animals hate the smell and stay away. I think it smells nice though!

I have to run back out the garden. I'm so far behind I can't plant a lot of the stuff I usually do. The rain has been just enough to keep the ground mushy and hard to work, but we're gonna just mud in what we can and do with out what we can't.

Wish me luck!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2011 :  12:36:21 PM  Show Profile
Pam...The Tiki Crawl sounds like a lot of hard work and a lot of fun both. Where are you finding the energy girl????
I think I have accomplished a lot if I get one room cleaned a day! And I no longer work. ~ Pam...I am with you on the
warm weather. No rain and overcast is almost as bad as rain. I want some consecutive days of HOT for a change.

Mel...My husbands pnuemonia has left as quickly as it came and he is going back to work tomorrow. Yeah!!!! I couldn't
be more excited. Isn't that terrible? lol I am ready to get back to a normal schedule around here. Whatever normal
is.

Angela...it looks like we will all have to make due with whatever we get from our gardens this year as the weather
doesn't seem to be cooperating for most of us and our gardens. This will make two years in a row for me...having a
rather lousy garden. But is still fun tryin no matter what. I may complain...but I enjoy being out there digging in
the dirt and pampering all my plants.

Thanks to all the rest of you girls for your prayers over hubby. They have been answered and I am Happy and relieved!

Have a Blessed Day,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2011 :  2:35:08 PM  Show Profile
Wow! We actually have 69/gusty/sunny/ no humidity today. I have goose-bumps! Can you believe that? I can't! lol Either tonight or tomorrow night it's suppose to get down to 48. Brrrrr...back to the bed-socks! hahaha...maybe even the flannels. woo-hoo! The weather will be great for the "first weeding session of the season",tomorrow as DH calls it. IF it doesn't rain. hahaha
....Men....can't live with 'em....can't shoot 'em!" One of MY favorite sayings. It covers 'bout everything! LOL
Make it a Good Sunday Gals! Love yuns, praying for yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2011 :  5:37:55 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
julie prayers for you
melanie sending positive energy you way
elaine i know it looks like rain but no go cooler here tonight but a relief from the humid nights
mel i heard you about noncash work don't we all...LOL men really guess they think fairies do al the pesky things that keep the house looking great. a weekend off would mean sitting with my feet up and having and a cool drink and a good book in my lap..not doing laudry cleaning the house cooking three meals washing the dishes making the beds hanging the wash ironing the clothes washing the floors
thats not the weekend off i had in mind...lol..have a great weekend off!
blessings deborah

jersey farmgirl

Edited by - debtea2 on Jun 12 2011 5:39:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  05:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy~ AMEN! I can't believe your hubby got better so quick! That's amazing!

Judy~ We are having some of the same lovely weather here. It is gorgeous. We better take while we can. Once the heat and humidity set in to stay, it's going to be miserable.

Well turns out my strike did not go as planned yesterday. We did go to the country club to hang out with pop and did a little relaxing. We only stayed for a couple of hours. Just enough time for dad's beer to kick in and the kids to get bored. Ahhh anyhoo... the weather was awesome. Even had a little breeze. So I came home and tackled the lawn.

I've wound up with the day off. So now what to do, what to do? I've got some laundry started and I'm passing time till 8 o'clock rolls around. I'm going to break out the weedeater, but I don't think my neighbors would appreciate hearing it this early in the morning. But now I think I'm going to go hunt up some breakfast.

Talk to you all later!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  06:02:50 AM  Show Profile
Just stopped by for a minute. PT went well today and I'm feeling good. Gotta wash the car, wash the clothes and weed the garden!!! LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Glad everyone is doing well. Wish I could visit longer but must take advantage of the good weather!! Talk with ya all soon

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  06:49:30 AM  Show Profile
Yes, it is only to be in the 70s today! Yea!!
Angela, I emailed my addy for the ornie.
So glad your DH is better and back to work, Peggy.
A tiki crawl sounds like a hoot! What an awesomely fun thing to do! Enjoy, Pam!
Theresa, so glad your PT is going well.
Melanie - they will NEVER get it!
But I have to confess that I'm guilty of "doing" when I don't have to and not asking others to pitch in. So, a lot of my after hours non-cash work is self-inflicted.
I just can't sit and relax like I imagine when I look around and see little things that "need" to be done. Just can't do it - have to have things a certain way before I can chill. I keep hoping someone else will see what needs to be done and just do it without having to be told/asked. Ahhh, somewhere over the rainbow maybe.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Jun 13 2011 11:17:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  09:14:30 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Whoo! It's break time! So far I have done a couple of loads of laundry, ran to the store, dusted the living room, weedeated and set the kids on task. Hahaha they think I am the most Eeee-vill mother ever. [insert evil laugh] LOL I am kind of like you Staci in not asking for help, but mainly when it comes to the big jobs. My kids are now 9, 12 and 14 and I have noticed they are becoming quite spoiled. So we sat down and had a family talk awhile back about household chores. I was seriously debating on hiring a housekeeper! eeek! What would my clients think if they found out that their housekeeper had a housekeeper? LOL We figured out that if we each did a task one room of the house each day of the week, our house would be clean in 4 days and it would only take us each a few minutes. Well except for Wednesdays. That's the day we each have to clean our bedrooms. My youngest doesn't mind so much, but my son... This morning is not any different. He has a mouth problem lately and decided he was going to use it to voice his oppinion on housework. Now usually I threaten to take away video games, but today I tried something new. I told him that each time he mouths I'm going to add another chore to his list. Hmmmmm You know what? It got really quiet.

Well girlfriends, I'm off to start on something else. Have a great day!
Hugs~ Melanie

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  10:00:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. Peg, great news about DH. Glad to hear it.
It has been extraordinarily lovely up here in AK. I know the farmers are praying for rain but I really do not mind the lovely weather.
Have had my head down and been making jewelry, pillow slips and baby blankets like mad. Hope the majority of it all sells. The Highland Games in Eagle River are on 6/25 and I slaving away. There is also talk of another games starting in Homer about 350 miles away. I am waiting for new on that.
Blessing ladies and back to work for me.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  10:30:10 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Sounds like everyone is busy and hopefully staying healthy. Weather has been very nice here. Staying in the 70's to low 80's.. I know that won't last. It gets hot here. Thankfully no humidity like you easteners..(is that a word?)
Anyway, I applied for a part time job as a librarians assistant. It would be wonderful for me. It would be more hours and no cranky boss. I didn't get a paycheck this month as she didn't have money. I also can't get a paystub either. My mom is hounding me to get foodstamps and I really don't want to, but she could use the help. I can't without a paycheck stub.(Not cool at all). One minute she wants to be my "girlfriend" the other she is my difficult boss. Every time I see her she hounds me to sell her fabric but when she can't pay me... doesn't sound like such a good idea.
I have some boys coming over today to help get all my mom's clutter out of the basement. (her idea... yea!) Then finally put all my fabric out of the garage into the basement. I'll finally have room for it and start putting it on the internet store.
I took my quilting projects to the sewing store I'm teaching at in August. The owner was very excited and said I was taking the area by storm... We'll see.. I'm having fun though.
BTW, for my tea exchange ladies.. check out my blog this week for a little item I'm including with your teabags this December. Yep you have to wait! www.bunnyrose.com
I love checking out everyone's blogs. Everyone is so original. I'm changing mine AGAIN. I'm with the free wordpress site now and they don't allow advertising or little widgets on the side for me to advertise my fabric store. Sooo. changing over to Blogger. What a pain. I had to copy and paste from my old blog to the new one.. (not published yet). My poor old office computer couldn't handle it and kept crashing. My laptop has more power. But something to keep me busy for a while..

Peggy, I'm so glad hubby is better! So off to Seattle? Have fun!

Melanie, You know this housecleaning stuff never gets any better. Even after the kids are gone.. it's still all your responsibility. I had a chart with my kids chores on it. They picked something they really wanted or wanted to do. I decided how long it would take to get there. They got a star every time they did their chores. My older son wanted a 4 wheeler. So for 4 months he had numerous jobs he needed to do. Needless to say he did a great job and got his 4 wheeler..(used of course). But it gave him an incentive.
My mom has her arm in a sling for the next 6 weeks. That means I do all the cleaning, cooking, laundry, driving her were ever... I work the next 10 days so she has to get someone else to driver her around. (I bet she cheats and drives herself). But it is a pain when all she does is sleep, read and play mindless computer games. I hope I have more going on when I'm 75.

Angela, I sent you my address.. Can't wait to see what you send!

Pam, your tiki crawl sounds fun! What a lot of work. Hopefully we'll be able to get together soon. I'm pretty much booked up for the next 3 Saturdays.

Anyway, off to get my stuff out of the way for the workers today..
later everyone..

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  10:40:46 AM  Show Profile
Well Porchies...I got a little too excited too quickly...hubby decided he better go to the Dr. today
and get the OK to go back to work tomorrow. I think he just wasn't ready to get out of bed this morning. :+)
He has had two weeks in that bed you would think he would be sick of it. lol Anyway, I think if he is
going to the Dr. this afternoon, then I am going to make him drop me off at my 2nd favorite Antique Mall. I
haven't been there in well over a year now.

I got up this morning,took one look in the mirror and said, "this is the morning I must cut my hair...I can't
stand it any longer." So, that is what I did and it feels and looks so much better. Snickers (our pup) sat in the bathroom and
watched me...trying to figure out what I was doing. He is so cute! He sure has grown fast. He weighs about 15 lbs already and
he is just five months old. The Vet said she thought he would get to be about 25 lbs...but at this rate I'm thinking he will
probably max out at upper-end weight for Scottish Terriers at 35 lbs. We shall see. I would prefer the 25 lbs...but he is really
stalky all of a sudden and broad across the back and shoulders. Miss Bella better watch out because soon he will be bigger than
her. Right now he is only 3 and 1/2 lbs lighter than her and she still takes him to task when he bugs her. So we shall see if
his size starts to intimidate her or not. Knowing Bella...it won't! She is the dominant one around here and Snickers knows it.

It is another drizzly day here. It is more like Coastal Mist...so it must be coming right off the Pacific Ocean. Maybe I should
just pretend that I am at The Coast on Holiday and then I would feel better about it all. lolt

OK My Delightful Ladies...I guess I better go get something done around here besides just cutting my hair and a shower. Though some
days that in itself is a major accomplishment...I am feeling good today...so, I have to make things happen while I have the energy.

Have a Fabulous day! And enjoy whatever you find to do today!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 13 2011 10:47:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  10:57:52 AM  Show Profile
Wish you all would send some nice weather this way! Overcast and spitting... makes it hard to fully commit to yard work. Looks like it will be laundry today *sigh* I guesss my family would like some clean clothes! Hopfeully it will dry up by the evening. Planning to have a marshmallow roast and make some s'mores - I'll leave some on the porch for you!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  3:46:58 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies!

Sorry, I've been so M.I.A. recently. I haven't been home hardly at all and I'm amazed how much time the kidlets take during the day :-). Getting ready to be gone for a month for vacation to Idaho...So I really won't be around for a while. I'll still check in via my phone but typing on it is tough. I'm always thinking of you all, wish there were more hours in the day so I could get everything done!
Sending everyone warm and happy wishes

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  12:52:15 PM  Show Profile
hi all
Elaine another funky day looks look rain and its cool but i'm enjoying it,
wow bunny great stuff..but your boss/friend really needs to pay for the work you do..its the right thing..
cherime hope you sell all of it and make lots new clients..
well i'm off to do some crafting and sewing..
have a blessed evening
deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  4:52:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi porchies!
Deb~ I know overcast all day, cool and a little breezy here at the shore - but I am not complaining!
Bunny~ Your boss should pay you for the work you do - it is so wrong if she doesn't.
Peggy~ I hope your DH starts feeling much better. Sometimes it is a case of trying to do too much too soon.
Cherime~ I hope you sell everthing you make and have requests for more!!!

I think I'll head down to my craft rom and make a few more yo yos! LOL. Have a safe and peaceful evening ladies.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  06:50:58 AM  Show Profile
Elaine - a marshmallow roast sounds great. I've been having cravings for those off and on recently. We're going to have to have a fire soon so I can toast some up. Has anybody seen those new flat marshmellows they have specifically designed for smores? Wonder how well they toast. I've also seen the giant ones but I wonder if they get warm and mushy in the center without burning the outsides?

Bunny - Totally in agreement - you should be paid for the work you've done. Went through that myself with the lawyers I was working part time for. Finally got fed up with it and quit last summer.

Df got my clothes line poles up this past weekend. Cement is set so we'll put the lines up hopefully tonight and I might possibly be able to hang out my first load :O) So excited lol. Sunday df took me to Greenfield Village. It was my first time going. We spent the entire day there and only got through roughly 2/3rds of the village so we ended up using our tickets for a credit towards a membership. I would like to see the rest of the village and we never even got to the Henry Ford Museum next to it. The first stop we made was at the working farm. By the time I got done talking with one of the women there she said I should come work there lol. They have wrinkled merino sheep there, which they're working on breeding the wrinkles back into. Pretty interesting. The glassblowing was pretty interesting to.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  08:19:26 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies! Sounds like everyone is keeping busy. Maybe a break in the weather?

Today I'm finishing the painting in my bathroom and laundry room. Part of a remodel. DD wants us to get our bunny project set up but I told her we have to finish this remodel before I take on another building project.

Yesterday I ordered what will soon be my new favorite toy. A push reel mower! I've seen another lady down the road a bit using one and I figure if she can do it I can too. This is also the 2nd year in a row with as many gas powered mowers that won't start or some other mechanical problem. I'll let DH tinker around with those all he likes but I'm fed up with those darned machines.

Well, back to painting!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page