Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  10:40:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Looks like everyone has been busy busy here!
Bunny, I hope you enjoy your new Kindle!
Peggy, I hate to be a bother, but am I the August ornament sender? And I definitely read more than one book at a time!
Teacher Tammy, I hope you have a good time at your Relay for Life event!
Melanie, I hope that your son has a good time at camp. I remember the summers I went to Girl Scout camp, and they were some of my best summer memories!
Elaine, I agree, summer is going by way too fast!
Whoo, the past few days have been crazy! On Wednesday, after babysitting, I slept over at my best friend's house, and then on Thursday, we hung out. She took me on a 2 mile run! We're hoping to do a run for the local children's hospital and then the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in the fall time. I hope we're able to do that! Then on Thursday, she invited two of her friends from her high school and me to go to a Milwaukee Brewers game. We had such a good time! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  11:45:14 PM  Show Profile
Megan...you are the August Ornament farmgirl! Sounds like you are staying busy with fun summer activities. You go Girl! I am glad to
hear someone else besides me is a reading maniac!

Elaine...I agree it just seems like we got summer here in Washington this past week and already it is half over.

Bunny...oh, girl I hope you love your Kindle as much as I love mine. It is just the best! Good for you...treating yourself
to something special. You deserve it!

I am off to read...good night blessings to ALL,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be happy, to be passionate, to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 08 2011 11:47:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  07:55:00 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. I got some bad news about my house sale yesterday. The realtor said the sale fell through because the house didn't qualify for fha for the buyers. I asked why and she said it was because they couldn't check to see if the hot water heater worked because there was no propane and there was a weed abatement notice on the door..I knew she would mess it all up. I told her to get a portable propane tank.. no brainer. I used one one just before I left so I wouldn't have to fill the big tank. But, she has a cash buyer coming to look at the house today. I could really use prayer.. big time. I need the 3000.00 the bank was going to give me from the sale to go to school. Plus a short sale is much better then a foreclosure.
I realize now she wasn't much of a sales person. I could have sold that house a couple times over. But then I would have been out there doing the work! It would have probably cost a couple hundred dollars to pay a few high school kids to weed eat the weeds and sweep off the roof. Maybe I should get a real estate license instead of an accounting degree.
Anyway, I'm teaching a class today. Boss lady bought a bunch of fabric but wants to pay over 3 months. Hopefully she won't bail on me..I'm soo taking a chance here but need the money for school.
After class I'll be back in the sewing room.
My mom said she is going to visit my sister for 3 weeks in August in Utah. I'm making a list of all the things I can do around here while she is gone. Hopefully I'll have the time and energy to do it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. The weather here is beautiful!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  08:57:18 AM  Show Profile
Bunny praying for you.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  09:31:32 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Judy~ That's sad about the little abandoned baby, but I'm glad you saved him.

Bunny~ Have fun with you Kindle and praying for you and the house and boss lady situations.

It's a hot one out there today! I went to a few yardsales this morning. I was having a bad yardsale craving. I guess that's what happens when you don't allow yourself to go much for a couple of years. I have a bad "collecting" problem I've been trying to nip in the butt. I didn't do too bad today. I found a pretty set of handmade pillow cases and a cake pan for $1.25. I had one challenge~ a pretty little round decorative birdcage. At first look my mind went to "OH I can do something fun with that! And it's only $2.50!" Then the shut-up-and-think-this-over part of me kicked in asking, "Now with everything on your plate, when do you have time to play with this and where in the world is it going to go? And really do you know what else $2.50 will buy?" So the practical side won today. YAY!!

Momma cat is being good and is taking care of her babies. She isn't wild. We took her in last year. I wasn't really looking for a cat, but I knew she was being abused where she was at and the guy (my ex) was going to kill her if she didn't find a home. She finally got to be ok with us, but hated the dogs. Of course I don't blame her. They are boneheads to her, always trying to chase her through the house. They don't try to hurt her. She just doesn't like to play with them. Then she went to messing outside of the litterbox. Couldn't get her to stop that so she now lives outside. We have a covered place on the porch for her and there's a dog house out back. And you know what she really likes being outside. No Dogs! Well except for when they come out to potty, but they're too busy to bother her much. Oh and the kids found the missing baby! He was under the house. So now all 6 babies are back with momma and doing good.

Well I suppose I should go get something done around this house.
Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  2:58:42 PM  Show Profile
Hello porchies~

Bunny~ Sending prayers your way right now. I hope that this sale goes through for you. My good friend lost his job and couldn't pay the mortgage. He called the bank and tried to work out a deal with them. They have turned down 4 - count them 4 - perfectly good short sales - and wasted so much time on 2 others that the buyer pulled out. This was 2 years ago. Now the house is empty - just sitting there- my friend is renting and the bank has no money. Stupid bank.

Melanie~ I'm glad that the kids found the other baby cat!

I went to the bead show today - got a couple of really good bargains - didn't go overboard! But the traffic back home was murder. I finaly got off the Garden State Parkway and wound my way back home using back roads - thank goodness for GPS. I don't think I will go anywhere for the rest of the weekend in my car. I can bike to the beach tomorrow!
It is still hot, hot, hot and humid here - I'll remember this in February!
I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing evening!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  6:09:08 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, prayers for a quick sale and a speedy end to all the stress. I know the hoops we had to jump through when we purchased our KY house and I don't wish the anxiety that the seller had to endure either.

Nancy

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  6:45:09 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I had the best time seeing Ms. Peggy today. Peggy-I love you so much. Thank you for snapping out of a icky reality and back into my real world. You are so wonderful!

Ms. Bunny-I'm praying for you right now. You are in my thoughts. I'm sorry about the deal falling through. Blech!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  11:40:37 PM  Show Profile
Pam...I had a great time with you too darlen...thanks so much for the Vintage Lady Picture. I just love it. I tried hammering a hanger on the back of the picture and popped all the pearls off. Grrr!
Glad I had some in my crafting supplies...managed to glue them back on and she looks just fine again. Leave it to me to make something simple more difficult. Mercy Me! I am so glad that you let me adopt you...I love you to pieces!

Bunny...I am so sorry about your house, but I will tell you what my sons bank told him, "We are not in the Housing Business...we are in the banking business." They don't know what to do with all of these Housing Foreclosures. They are more freaked out than the home owners
who don't know what to do with homes they no longer can afford to make payments on. It is really a huge stinken mess...but I will pray for you that you will be able to get it sold...so you can have that money for school.

Today was a fabulous day but now I am tired. I must get in bed so I can get up for Church in the morning.

Night My Lovelies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be happy, to be passionate, to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  03:30:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi farmsisters. Sending from iPod. Took my mom on a short trip so this is the first free wifi so just stop

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  03:33:17 AM  Show Profile
In to say hi. Will check in again when I can. Praayers to all. Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  08:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey everyone! I'm up and at it early this morning. I just looked at the clock and realize I have about an hour before church starts. My son is all ready on his way to camp. I know I shouldn't be, but I'm a little anxious. The pastor and his wife of the church where the boys hold their meetings came out this morning as we were finishing packing up to see them off and pray for them. It was very nice. I found myself saying a silent little prayer of my own asking God to keep my son safe. Do you ever feel like God nudges you a little? I felt that little "nudge" this morning. It was as if He was asking me "Don't you remember what I said before?" I don't think I've ever told ya'll what happened the day Matthew was born. It was the day after Christmas and I went in for a scheduled C-section. Matthew was breach. First the doc tried to get him to flip to the head down position, but Matt was a big boy and that just was not going to happen. So off to surgery with me. I chose to be awake through the surgery. Everything was going along fine till they delivered Matthew. He wasn't crying. I couldn't see anything, but I knew something was wrong. I kept asking what was happening and nobody would tell me. I was starting to really panic. I mean really panic! If I could have gotten off that table I would have. And then I heard someone say not to worry that everything was going to be ok only it wasn't anyone in that room and at the same time I felt this total calm come over my whole body. I had never been so relaxed in my whole life. Matthew started crying and the nurse went to rush out to the NICU with him. The doctor stopped her and told her to let me see my baby and I could see the fear in her eyes. She thought she would lose him before getting him to the nursery. I told her to go, I would see him soon and everything would be fine. So this morning when I felt God nudge me, I said You are right. I know you have and will always keep him safe. So today instead I asked the Lord to help Matthew find Him- to nudge him.

Well gals now that I'm crying mess, I better go get ready for church. I'll see you all later.

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  09:05:27 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the prayers everyone. I haven't heard anything from the realtor so I'm assuming we won't get another offer by Monday. That was the deadline from the bank. Peggy, they aren't in the housing business but they don't use much common sense either. If you don't understand something find someone who does. They are just doing bad business. I don't have a degree and can easily see what they are doing is bad for business for everyone. They deserve a bunch of empty houses. I just hate to think this beautiful house that I built just 5 years ago is going to be left to fall apart. By the time someone does buy it, it will cost a bunch to deal with the utilities and outside of the house.
Sad thing is, even if they asked me to move back and try to make some kind of a deal, I can't. No job or money.
I just wish it would just be over so I can forget about it and move on. I'm not happy about a foreclosure on my name but my credit is destroyed now anyway.

Melanie, I'm so glad that momma cat is getting it together and lost baby was found. Good for you on the yard sale. I use to have the same problem. My friend and I actually got a space in a co-op antique store to sell our best finds. It was fun, but we never made much money.

Elaine, I would never go to a bead show. I would have such a hard time keeping myself from buying every thing. Beads are such works of art sometimes.

Anyway, off to work in the sewing room for today. Need to get some projects posted to my blog.

Have a nice Sunday everyone.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  11:12:58 AM  Show Profile
Mel, you gave me goose-bumps girl. What a beautiful "Birthing" story. Thanks for sharing!
I see we have 2 Porchie birthdays this month.... Dana&Staci! I'm on it! lol

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jul 10 2011 11:14:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  12:35:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh Bunny...I didn't know it was a by "MONDAY" thing. Good Grief Girl...that is even worse! Banks would just love to wipe
their hands of the whole mess and move on themselves. It is a lose/lose situation for everyone at the moment. And you are
right...the Lending Industry Created this mess...and they don't have any obvious smarts. I think they may all be Aliens
sent to earth to overtake us from within our own Society...what do you think? ROFLOL!

Melanie...what a touching and beautiful story you shared. I think all of us Chirstian Moma's could swap those kinds of
stories all day long...because Papa God is as concerned over our Children as we are (even more...which is hard to fathom).

Judy...maybe you could post the birthday dates for those who have lost their birthday list. I have mine but hadn't even
looked at it. I am still trying to get last Months birthday stuff off. Gave Pam hers yesterday...and will send Bunny's
out this week.

Well, I woke up with one of my Fibro-migraines...took a couple of headache meds...and instead of Church this morning Iam
going back to sleep. Papa and I did Church early...here at home, but I do miss the fellowship with others. The reason I
had to stay home is our Church is a Mega Church with very loud contemporary music for Worship...which I love but not with
a migraine. No, No, No...can't do it.

Have a Beautiful Lord's Day My Lovelies and enjoy what ever you find to do,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be happy, to be passionate,and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 10 2011 12:39:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  12:53:36 PM  Show Profile
Ok, something fun I did today. I finished up a purse project for my blog. What do you think?

You can check out my blog to see how I made it. I'm working on a die cutting service for people that want the fun cut outs but don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on the die cutter. Lots of work getting it ready but hopefully it will put a little money in my pocket eventually.

Anyway, a bad day sewing is better than a good day at work. Says me! I love my basement sewing room.

Have a nice Sunday, Peggy, hope that headache goes away soon!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  4:55:44 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening All~

Melanie~ your story brought tears to my eyes - what a wonderful memory.

Bunny~ I think that your die cut business will do well. ou are right - people don't want to (or can't) have the expense of buying the die cutting machine. but they would sure love to have the fbric cuts. Keep us posted! Also - love the purse - you are so talented!

Peggy~ I hope that your migraine goes away. What a horrible way to start the day.

DD and I went to the beach today. We only stayed for baout 2 hours - toooo many people. I'll go on a weekeday later in the afternoon when it is quieter. please say a little prayer for DD. She is going to go in and have her MRI tomorrow morning. Just want everything to be OK.

Well sweet ladies~ as always, have a relaxing and peaceful evening. It is such a joy to come to the porch and visit with you all!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  5:41:26 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to share some picures from the beach today with DD.

DD

Trusty Life Guards

This is what crazy NJ people do for fun - yeas they are being towed by a boat. We're going to go in August!

This is how crowded the beach got - 30 minutes after it opened!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  5:48:09 PM  Show Profile
Elaine, It looks like it was still a nice day at the beach even with all those people. We have windsurfing here too. I think it started here. I was going to apply for a job with a windsurfing company that also did the fly in the air with a parachute thingy... but he said I had to do all the events before they would hire me. I had to know what the company was all about.. I passed on that. Flying around in the air towed by a boat with a paracute holding you up.. really isn't my thing.

Anyway, good luck tomorrow for DD. I hope it all goes well.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  5:50:04 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone. I'm glad to be out on the porch, though I might not be good company...

DH was told earlier last week that he had pneumonia and the PA sent him home without any meds and said to just watch it. Saturday he went back to the doctor's and they wanted him to go to the hospital. He wouldn't because I was at work and he had DD. Didn't want to put her through being at the hospital. They gave him a shot and several meds to take at home. I came home early to check it out myself. He really does just need to rest. (and not be a stinking hard head thinking this is the common cold )

I'm making sure DD is taken care of and not bothering him for anything. Making sure he has all his medicine on time and making sure he eats. Today I even took DD to the aquarium and was gone all day to make sure he had a quiet house and no one to bother him.

We came home and I made sure DD got her bath and dinner and got his medicine. Now I'm just waiting to tuck her into bed. But I'm sad . He's usually outgoing and thankful for the things I do for him. Right now he's just grumpy. I know he feels terrible. I guess I'm just feeling lonely, too, since he isn't himself. Anyway, here's a photo of a photo of us at the aquarium.

Peggy-I'm sorry you have a lousy headache.

Melanie-I love your story

Bunny-Nice Work!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  9:28:47 PM  Show Profile
Sure Peg, glad to help out! Dana Sperry's is July 16th and Staci Wickard is July 27th. I feel a party coming on! lol
Bunny, I just love bags like that. Is that called a hobo bag? I have a similar pattern with a long strap that ties at the shoulder and I keep saying that I'm going to try my hand at making some for me and my Mama. That is a really cute bag...nice job Girlie!
Elaine, loved the beach pics. Ya, I'm not much for hanging in the air by a parachute, over water myself, but I would love to take a hot air baloon ride. It's on my "Bucket List!" hahaha
Nice pic Julie...even though there's a vicious looking shark in it. *shivers*
Prayers going up for all the sick.
Good-night Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  10:19:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi sisters!
Melanie, what a heartwarming story:)
Peggy, I hope your fibro migraines go away soon
Bunny, that bag is adorable! I'll be praying that you have a sale soon!
Elaine, I'll be praying for your daughter. It looks like you guys had a fun day at the beach.
Julie, what a cool picture! We have the Discovery Museum here, and they have such cool aquarium exhibits. I hope your DH feels better:)
Well, this weekend was pretty eventful. I had a sleepover with one of my friends, and we had such a good time! I always love having good girl time with my friends:) Then today I went for a mile run (I really need to start getting in shape for rugby), and then my dad and I went out to dinner together. Now I'm here! I hope everyone has a blessed day tomorrow!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  11:35:47 PM  Show Profile
Elaine...wow, I am glad that our beaches aren't usually that crowded. Maybe it's just when I go...I try to avoid all the Festivals and goings on at the beach. I don't like crowds. Your daughter is a cutie...nice picture!

Julie...nice picture of you and your daughter...glad that shark is behind glass aren't you? ~ Your hubby will be back to his loving and fun self once he is over the pneumonia. My husband just recently had it too and he was a big grump too...can't hardly blame them when they feel so awful.

Bunny...your hobo bag is adorable! You have so much talent girl!

Judy...thanks for letting everyone know the July birthdays. Heard from Darlene tonight and she said that she would be back on The Porch tomorrow to update everyone on her condition and why she has been MIA for so long.

Megan...The headache is gone to night. PTL! But I have noticed that the change of barometrics is bringing on migrains more frequently.
I am not sure why...but I am not liking the increase. the muscle pain is bad enough without migrains too. ~ Glad you are getting to have a lot of SUMMER FUN with friends and family. I got to hang out with Pam yesterday and it was a lot of fun. Iced Mocha's, a good visit, and shopping in our favorite Antique Mall...doesn't get much better than that!

I have decided that I am going to do better at keeping my blogs updated. At least that is my new goal. I think one of my blogs is off line right now "The Ponderings by Peggy" but my "Lady In Red" is up and going. Between my husband and myself we have about 6 blog and web sites and some are being revamped at the moment or just taken off line period for awhile.

I cut some rhubarb tonight and now I want to try a Cast Iron Skillet Recipe for Strawberry and Rhubarb pie. Hope it's good. If so,
I will leave some on the Porch for ya'll to try.

Cuppa Tea,my book and slumber calling my name...in a gentle whisper (they know I have a headache)...

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be happy, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  5:02:28 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone! Just got my computer back yesturday. It was frozen! My pastor's DD fixed it! Didn't charge me a cent! However I will be doing some special things for her!

Ornament swap list:
May~Lida Didn't receive it. Did anyone? Lida said she knew it was her month.
June~Angela Didn't receive it. Did anyone? Angela knows also as she posted.
July~Staci
August~Megan
September~Theresa
October~Bunny
November~Dana

June BD.s were Pam and Bunny
July BD's are Dana and Staci

Have been MIA due to a series of biopsies and tests. Diagnosis is breast cancer with lymph node involvement. Chemo first then surgery. I emailed those I had email addresses for. Pam, yours came back undeliverable. I feel fine and am letting God be in control. Thanks for the well wishes from those that responded to my email.

Blessings and prayers to all you that also need them.

Been picking and eating zuchinni for weeks and picked the first delicious tomatoe too! Anxious to get canning!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  8:45:56 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, so nice to hear from you! I got your e-mail this morning. Was shocked at your diagnosis. I'm so sorry for all of your problems, BUT so glad to see that you are upbeat and are letting God handle it for you! We can't reach any Higher than that can we? Praying for you girl! Glad you got your puter back, been lonely here without you!
Peg, you're gonna have to share that skillet recipe with us...sounds yummy!
Megan, you made me laugh when you said you went out for a mile run...then went out to dinner. lol DH and I went for a long walk this evening, then went to supper. Of course I just had a spinach salad, but it still sounds funny to me! *giggle*
We had a t-storm this afternoon and the temp went from 94 down to 75 within 2 hours. It's a cool 70 at 11:30 PM...and breezy.
And on that note I'm saying Good-night!
Good-night!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page