Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  9:23:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters!
Peggy, I hope you feel better soon!
Darlene, I got your email as well, and I hope that everything with the doctors is going well. I'll be praying for you!
Judy, not only did I go out to dinner, I went to the Cheesecake Factory and indulged in a piece of... red velvet cheesecake! As I was eating it, I was thinking, "There goes the first block I ran, there goes the second block I ran..." But it was worth it!
Today was babysitting for me. I go again tomorrow and Wednesday. I wish we would've been able to go swimming, but we couldn't. It just really sucked cause we were stuck inside because the heat was just way unbearable. I was outside for a few minutes checking laundry on the line, and I was sweating up a storm! Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow. I hope everyone has a fabulous day tomorrow!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Filesfarmgirl
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Kay
Itasca Tx
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  05:35:46 AM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls....I am new here, and looking for some "girls of similar farm-loves" to connect with. I live in north central Texas, and moved to our dream land about a year ago. I have two porches, one very large on out front, and one small one out back. But right now, its too hot to sit out there!! So today, after a quick look at my "dying in the heat" garden, I am going to hole up in the den and quilt. Looking forward to getting to you ya'll...as we say here!!
Have a great day
k

Porch swing, cup of tea, and the setting sun after a hard day's work....a little bit of Heaven!!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  07:32:36 AM  Show Profile
Well hello there Kay, glad you found us here. We have so much fun here. And yet we are here for each others heartaches, extending Love, Hugs & Prayers. Who can't use more of that?!!! I'm glad to hear that you've acquired your dream land. Ya, this heat is affecting everyone right now. Better weather ahead, I hope!
Well, it's 83 here in Ohio Gals, at 10:30/clouds&sun/a little breeze. Waiting on the gas meter man. They are putting in new meters that can be read from the street with a redar device of some kind. Something else to charge us for. ugh! And the beat goes on!
Keep cool girlies. I'm thankful right now for my gel neck-wraps. They sure keep a fella sane in these sweltering temps.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  08:34:46 AM  Show Profile
Good Mornen Porchies...and Welcome Kay!...we are so glad to have you on the Porch with us! Honestly Ladies...I can't even relate
to the subject of Hot Weather this Summer. I think our hottest day (and yes, I do mean one day) was 84 degrees. Today it looks like Coastal weather outside. We have a rainy mist going and it is 61 degrees. Granted it is only 8:30 in the morning here but still. We
are looking high and low for some nice hot summer weather. So, if you're sick of it...send it on up here to the Pacific Northwest.
We would love some for awhile. LOL

Hey my lovelies...I was on here last night and wrote a nice long note to everyone and then when I went to post I found out I wasn't logged on and lost it all. Don't ya just hate that? They should have some way to save us a draft or something when that happens. Grrr!
Plus I tell my computer to "stay" logged on...so, how does that happen? And I don't have No Ghosts but the Holy Ghost so that rules
out "Foul-Play" or "demon-possession". LOL

Wasn't it good to have Darlene on yesterday? I knew about her breast cancer but she needed to be able to share that herself and she
wasn't ready until then. Please take a minute or two and send her a card or letter of up-lift. Even when we are clinging to Papa God
and feel calm in our spirit...it is always good to know that we have a network of support...and people upholding us in prayer. I want
her to be able to feel those prayers like a Prayer Shawl around her shoulders. But she needs some visual loven too. Cards and letters
that she can pick up and read when times get scary and tough. Sooooo come on my lovelies, let's rally around our Porchie Sister.

Judy...I keep forgetten to tell you girlfriend that I can't open those Dozy Cards since I got my new lap top. I don't know why?????
But pass them on to someone who can enjoy them. They always made me giggle and brightened my days.

Megan...you go girl on the Cheese Cake Factory stuff. Red Velvet is my favorite and then the Godiva Choc. Bad news for the hips and
waiste line but nummy for the tummy!

Ok girls, I am leaving you a tray of Vanilla Almond Scones (fresh out of the oven this morning) and a pot of Cherry Cosmos Tea. They
go great together...trust me! Would I lead you astray? Well, maybe when it comes to anything chocolate but that's all. lol

Enjoy whatever your hands find to do today!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be happy, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 12 2011 08:38:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  09:06:23 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Kay. I know this will be a great place to visit for you. We all support each other through all kinds of life stuff and rejoice in the good stuff that comes along.

Peggy, I would love to live in that drizzle if only to keep plants alive. Living in the mountains in Calif it was almost impossible to keep stuff alive in the summer with large water bills and the heat. My dream was to live in the Pacific Northwest so I could just put it in the ground and it would GROW!

Anyway, off to work at the quilt shop. Lots to do!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  12:14:04 PM  Show Profile
hello ladies and good afternoon!

Welcome Kay - you will love it on the porch - it is such a supportive environment!

Darlene~ I wil be praying for you - you are already ahead of the game with such a positive outlook, mind and body are truly connected.

Peggy~ I do love the sound of your weather. Honestly the humidity here just turns your stomach when you walk out the door. I agree - we will rally around Darlene. I will be emailing you after this.

Bunny~ DD and I took a little drive south down the parkway to Forked River to a hugw quilt shop. I was thinking of you the entire time I was in there. How wonderful to be able to combine yur love and your work. You are such a talented person!

Judy~ Gel neck wraps sound delightful! Must be so refreshing!

I am still battling with the blasted groundhog n my garden. i do spray the fox urine around the perimeter but when it rains it washes it away and I do not always remember to respray. Still I had my first beautiful zucchini today and notice so many tiny tomatoes starting. It is exciting.

We have finished all the testing for DD so now we just wait until we go see the dr. on Tuesday. She will talk to us about all of the results. I am feeling very positive about this.

I have a busy rest of the week - but I will stop in to get my daily dose of the porch!

Have a wonderful afternoon!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  12:50:46 PM  Show Profile
Well, boss lady really did it today. I told her I was THINKING about going to school in September. I did it to give her a heads up so she had time to find someone else. I came in one day and a lady that had worked for her before me came in and she told me this lady was going to work 2 days a month. I asked if we were going to work together and she said yes. So I go into work today and this lady (Lisa) shows up. Boss lady had her on the schedule for 3 days instead of 2 so I called. Well, apparently Lisa was suppose to work instead of me on those 2 days TRAINING... by herself. She had already worked in the store before so didn't need training. Then we found out that Lisa didn't know it was to replace me when I went to school. Boss lady never told her. Just asked her to work 2 days a month. Well, Lisa doesn't want to work there. She thought she was just doing a favor working a few days a month. I HATE working for stupid people! I told boss lady I can't afford to lose those 2 days and would probably have to find another job to fill in the lost days. She hung up on me.
I'm tired. I'm tired of praying, tired of being taken advantage of. I'm tired of struggling to get my life in order and then deal with these type of people. Don't tell me God has a plan in all this. My trust is heading south big time.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  6:43:44 PM  Show Profile
Bunny~ I have started to write a response to you several times but I find myself deleting it because some of it seems trite and I can tell you are suffering. I'm not very good at fancifying wotds into soothing advice. Antone who lnows me knows i am just plain spoken, So here goes:
1/ Tell your boss she MUST pay you alll backwages. It is illegal to not pay a worker for hours and work they have put in, If the owner of the business doesn't have it in their business funds they have to come up with it(personally, if she is not a corporation), 2/ If she coms in and takes fabric or anything else for you and says she will pay later you tell her that you cannot afford to do that. She needds to pay you now for what she has taken. 3/ You do not owe this woman a heads up about anything. You do not even owe her 2 weeks notice. You do not run the business - she does - it os=is her problem to find someone to cover days you can not be there. It just seems like this woman is taking advantage of your good nature. You can not allow you to walk all over you like this. She sounds like a horrible manager, businesswoman and quite frankly a horrible person in general. I know that this all sounds like not nice advice - but if she behaved towards you with consideration and kindness I would tell you to do the same for her.Suffice it to say she does not. You have to trust yourself before you trust anyone else. trust that you are worth being treated with respect by that woman. And Bunny - don't forget: God helps those who help themselves. God'splan in this is not always clear to us at the beginning - sometimes it takes years to see God's hand in events.
Don't get sad - get mad!

You deserve to be treated with respect !

I hope I haven't ofended you with my plain speaking. I just keep rereading your post and just feel so bad for you - i jut wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  8:01:53 PM  Show Profile
Well, today was a little trying at work...they were so negative & grumpy today! Oh my goodness! I was very glad to come home at 5:45! Then I went to my Ebenezer group (a scripture memorization accountability group of 4 of us). Got home, came online for a bit...and headed off to bed soon. One of my friends is coming in August - I haven't seen her for about 15 years, if not longer. It will be nice to see her :). Shared a recipe for lemon rice pudding with a few Facebook people. For not doing much, it sounds like I was rather productive tonight!

I hope everyone's Wednesday is a good one!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  8:51:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters!
Angela, where are you? I know you're going through things right now, but we mss you here! I continue to pray for your family's wellbeing.
Angel Pam, welcome to the porch! This is a place full of love, and you will love it here:)
Kay, a warm welcome to you as well! I hope you and Pam enjoy it here as much as I have enjoyed it:)
Bunny, amen to what Elaine said. It's about time someone stuck it to boss lady, and you're strong enough to do it!
Today was another day of babysitting. Except, when I got to my Aunt's house, I realized that there was something wrong with my back bike tire, and when my uncle and I further inspected it, we found a hole in the tube. So this week for my payment, my aunt and uncle bought me a new back tire. Which is probably one of the greatest payments ever, because I ride my bike so many places! Overall it was a good day! I hope everyone has a happy Wednesday:)
Gods' and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  9:51:37 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Pam from Canada! I think the weather makes people grumpy. What's your weather like in Manitoba? Sounds to me like you had a full day! Now...pull up a chair, rocker or just a piece of porch, grab a virtual, calorie-free snack&beverage and join in the chatting here.(oh ya, we don't have skeeters on this porch either haha)Man they tried to carry me away the other night on my patio. Miserable beasts! What was Noah thinking???!!!lolol
Bunny.....I read and re-read your message too, and had a hard time replying. Elaine said plenty and said it true, especially the part about, "God helps those who help themselves." We can't blame God for where we are in life, but we can ask Him to help us see where He wants us! Keep tugging at the hem of his robe, in prayer and I'll be doing the same in your behalf!
G'night Porchies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  10:36:15 PM  Show Profile
Elaine, I'm not offended at all. I have no other place to vent. I can't talk to my family and I don't have many friends here. She did finally pay me all of my wages. I talked to the bookkeeper and demanded she give me a formal pay stub which she did some research and realized it was law. My house didn't sell so I needed to sell my fabric to save money for college. I don't like the fact that she is taking three months to pay, but I didn't feel like I had any other options. I felt telling her about me going to school was the right thing to do. I try to treat others the way I want to be treated. It backfires on me more times than not but I'm compelled to be this way. My honesty and need to "do the right thing" kicks me in the butt all the time. My son has the same problem. I did tell her I would be looking for a new job. She sent me a text on my cell phone which sounded like she was trying to justify herself and smooth things over. I think she realized that she needs me right now. I told Lisa I was ready to walk out right now.
I'm trying to maintain sanity. I did apply for another job today. It would be awesome if I got it. But I haven't even been able to get an interview lately. I wish I could get a break.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  11:23:42 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

Sorry I've been MIA. Life sucks and I'm stuck dealin with all of it.

I'm sendin out the last of the ornaments tomorrow if the car will start. It will take a few days for them to arrive. I've included a surprise gift for everyone since I was beyond late gettin them out.

I want to say I'm sorry to everyone here. I've let life, and the devils who thrive there, like stress, sadness, and doubts, take over and rule. I'm takin back my life, my control, and my power. It's a hard hill to climb, I know, but much easier than slidin down it head first and backwards blindly.

My marriage went into shreds last month and I finally got tired of tryin to hold it all together alone, suddenly I had help. My Hubby finally seen what was goin on and announced we need to change a lot of things and rework our lives completely. He is takin the lead on a lot of this, which helps. He got a tape recorder for our talk sessions. He tends to tear me down alot and is beyond hateful when we have a conflict. Then he swears he doesn't do that. After recordin and listenin to a few sessions he admits to all of it and is makin a conscious and obvious effort to stop.

My DD who is pregnant is causin us some real problems. She suddenly seems to think she is an adult and that this is her house and her life. It is totally out of control and causin so much chaos in this house and in everyones life. Even when she isn't here she texts me to tell me what I'm goin to do and when. I finally got fed up this weekend and told her she was the child I was the mother and if she didn't like that she could find her own way at someone elses house. This is my house and it's my rules and my way or the highway. Period! She's stayin a few days with her gramma, who is puttin her on a time limit for her decision. The thing is she can't stay with any of her grandparents or aunts on a permanent basis and she's been told this. She's not happy, I'm not happy, but life has been calmer the last few days.

Since I have my livin room cleaned up and cleared out I have designed a work station to put in it for my space needed for breadmakin and homemade noodles as well as preppin for cannin things. It's all made from things I have on hand, startin with a large hard plastic picnic table. It's easy to clean and light wieght to move around if I need to. Then I'm gonna store some of my cannin only and noodle only supplies in a storage tub under the table and I'm puttin my favorite 1970's red metal chair with a nice pillow for my back there. And boy do I dare anyone to move it! I need a few hooks in the ceilin for my heat lamps for bread risin put in and my lamp on the piano plugged back in for better lightin on the table and I'm done.

I have restarted my greenhouse to get some things goin for winter harvestin. I am gonna have fresh salad greens and a tomato plant(I will hand pollinate) this year no matter what. I'm thinkin real serious about some carrots and beets as well. My whole family would flip over a hand woven cattail reed basket with fresh carrots, beets, lettuces, and tomatoes in it for christmas. I found out that if you mix garden dirt, manure, and compost it gives the produce a true garden fresh flavor. I have wanted to do this with my indoor greenhouse for years and haven't because I thought it would be inconvenient for everyone else. I've decided that since they all want fresh stuff bought for them all winter long they can deal with me growin it even if the greenhouse crowds the house a little, it's inconvenient for me to try to find space in the budget durin our highest bill season each year.

I'm tryin to find other ways to trim the bills and stuff so I can start workin on an emergency fund and some car replacement money. Everyone's helpin out by cuttin back. Hubby's carryin lunch and sodas to work. The kids agreed to drop the game rentals since they have the outside to play in. I'm cuttin back to 1 night a month eatin out instead of 1 night a week. I'm still gonna get my break from cookin all the dinners. My 10y/o has learned to fry eggs and make spaghetti, so we'll eat that as she learns to cook a few more things. We are cuttin back the netflix to online only and the satallite to the cheapest plan. We have also found a lot of herbal remedies to replace the over the counter and prescription things which were costin us a fortune. None of which were vital, only pain and allergy stuff. I'm makin our own muscle rubs, buyin herbs for pain(which are workin better by the way), and bee pollen for allergies which I get in trade for jelly I make. The jars are returned filled with bee pollen! So cool! We are makin due with 1 trip to town for errands and shoppin and 1 trip for church and lunch with my mom. I'm still moniterin all the cash flow closely for other ways to trim.

I am workin towards packin the last of my inlaws stuff from the house. My Hubby actually listened to me yesterday about how it's hurtin me to have to live with the ghost of my dead FIL and in the shadow of my MIL instead of in a house of my own makin. He wants all their stuff gone and has worked up a remodel plan that will change the house into an open floor plan and all light colors with the big beams all over the ceilin removed. We have created on paper what is as close to my perfect home as can be with the existin structure restrictions. He also has a huge outdoor cookin and cannin area that will be under a shelter house type structure. It will be made mostly from the trees that have to come down from around the house due to them leanin towards the house. I think I will find more peace inside these walls once they are mine.

I'm sorry this is so long. I guess I needed to get more off my chest than I thought. I am checkin in each day to keep up with everyone. I am keepin my prayer list current and enjoyin all the busyness of everybody workin through the summer.

I do have some volunteer melons and pumpkins almost ready growin out of my compost pile, some green tomatoes gettin really big, some strawberries that taste so great even if there isn't enough to can this year, and more green bean vines bloomin that ten families would need. I was disappointed last year with less than half my seeds sproutin, so instead of a 50 foot row we made 2 80 foot rows and double planted on both sides of the fencin. The equivalent of 640 feet of beans!(160 feet of fence with four planter passes on it. 160x4=640! OMG!) Every seeds sprouted and is growin like crazy!

I have four families that didn't get to plant beans this year in my family, so I will be distributin beans on a regular basis, and an aunt who laughed at me when I planted them all who said she'd help me can them. I send her the beans and the jars and she keeps half of what she cans, the rest comes to me canned and ready for storage. I think it's a great deal and a great way to fill the 43 dozen quart jars I have in the basement. There are so many ways my family loves green beans and there should be enough there for 2 years of eatin or 1 year of eatin and 1 year of sharin if they produce agian next year this well.

I am tryin to hold on to whatever good forward movement I can to keep me from sinkin to far down right now. That's why I keep comin to the porch. There's always so much goin on and so much forward movement in everyones lives. I really enjoy it.

I'll stop by agian!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  03:48:59 AM  Show Profile
Wow Angela - you have got a lot going on! You remain in my thoughts and prayers. I am a bit jealous of your greenbeans (lol) - my darn groundhog ate mine. But ithink I have a plan to prevent him from doing it again next year!

Bunny~ I know you want to do the right thing - that is how everyone should operate - and i am glad to hear that boss lady is trying to smooth things over with you. She is a very foolish woman who doesn't realize what a talented gold mine she has with you being there.

Judy~ You are 100% correct. This hot , sticky, humid weather does indeed change peoples' behavior. There are many short tempers around here some days (I have to admit sometimes its me lol)

Megan~ Glad to hear that the bike tire is fixed! I'm also glad it didn't affect your ride until o got to our aunt and uncle's.

Hopefully today will be a quiet day. DD has class in the afternoon. I am going to try to catch up on all my crafting projects and get my scarecrow up in the garden. Problem is- once I go out to the garden I start puttering around and before you know it half the day is gone! I am going to take it slow today because tomorrow I have to drive into NYC (never a fun thing) to go to my dr.'s appointment. That will pretty much be my whole day tomorrow. the nice thing is DD says she will come with me so we may have some afternoon tea at Alice's Tea Shop and a walk through Central Park. Fingers crossed for no rain - for the driving and the walking.

I hope everyone has a day filled with peace - or at least a minimum of aggravation (lol:)

Let's see - I think I am going to leave some chocolate mint brownies and a large glass of iced passion fruit tea for all of you - enjoy!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  09:55:02 AM  Show Profile
Angela, is it good to hear from you. I'm sorry life has been giving you so many challenges. It gets old, I know. I love the recording your conversations with your husband. What a great idea. Glad he was able to hear what he was doing. Your knowledge and energy regarding growing and saving food is wonderful. I wanted to put in a garden this year but just didn't have the money for even the wood for planter boxes. My mom's yard is nothing but weeds an sad looking grass. I hope by next planing season to have it ready. I love how resourceful you are! Hang in there. I feel your frustration. I'm having my own right now too.

Judy, I feel like I have been tugging at God's robe for so long and just not getting an answer. I know what I want and feel like I get crumbs every once in a while. But nothing to lead me anywhere I can see. I think the hardest part is not having a close friend to spend time with. I just come home to mom. It makes me feel incredibly lonely and makes me wonder if I'm on the right track. Living with my mom is like banging your head against the wall. If you say the sky is blue she will say it's purple. She shows no common sense in anything and it is wearing me down. I'm hoping for a glimmer of light to know I'm on the right track. My online fabric shop is producing no sales. I have lowered my prices and do free shipping. Over 1000 people have check out the website.. no purchases. I just don't get it.
Anyway, I'm off to the basement to do more work. Hopefully some of this will actually pay off.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  10:04:05 AM  Show Profile
Wow Angela...sounds like you have your life all mapped out! You go Girl! Just as a thought though...do you get depressed and full of anxiety when your plans take a nose-dive? I have seen a lot of people do that over the years. They have their nice and neat little agenda's all figured out but then "Real Life Happens" and nothing goes according to plan and they can't deal with it. Agenda's and Goals are fabulous as long as you allow for "reality" to mess those goals up on occassion. I have found over the years that instead of gettting up everyday with my "To Do List" and asking God to help me get it all accomplished...that I set mine aside and say "God, what's on your To
Do List for us today?" We tend to try to get God to bend to our ways instead of us bending to His. Life is much less complex if we do it his way...and in doing it His way...we also get our goals, needs, and to do list done too. Just maybe not on our time table.
Just a "Thought" that I felt led to share with you. ~ I have always admired you tanacity Angela but you seem awfully driven to perfection.
Life is messy however...and rarely goes according to plans. You have probably heard this quote before but it is so true..."LIFE...is what happens while you are busy planning for the future." I keep you and yours in my prayers dear heart!

I think maybe my computer is possessed! lol While I was reading everyone's posts this morning...all of a sudden my computer just "shut down" of it's own accord. Then afer I typed this little note to Angela...it decided to 'submit' and I wasn't done. Maybe it was telling me that I should be done.

Bunny...when I read your post last night...I wasn't sure what to say to you and Elaine did a good job of expressing my thoughts too. I think maybe you are angry that life hasn't dealt you a fair hand. Nothing seems to have gone your way...in the last few years...but again, like I told Angela...we can probably all say that. Life is rarely what we want it to be or expected it to be. But I also believe that there are no mistakes or coincidences in life...just lots of opportunities to Trust God...and that all of Life's Events (good or bad) are given to us to learn and grow from. I call it LIFE 101 and it is free tuition but it does cost us plenty.

Elaine...the humidity where you live would really get to me too. I don't do well in that type of climate either. For Fibromyalgia patients warm, dry weather is the best...but unfortunately I hate arrid, dry, desert climates. I think one tends to gravitate to the climate of the area they were born in. We usually go back or atleast desire to go back to our roots. I have come back to mine and love where I live...but it is not good for my Fibro. So, you learn to live with it...what more can one do?

Pam...Welcome to The Porch! It is a good place to come (or come back to) and gather support, encouragement, a different perspective, and wisdom...from many sage women. We all have something to vent about and something to contribute...which makes it a great place to come to.

I am off to get something accomplished this morning...I have several little projects going and non complete.

Have a Glorious Day My Lovely Ladies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be happy, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 13 2011 10:30:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  12:48:23 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
So many things going on lately.

Darlene-Boo on the email bouncing! Hmph!

Bunny-it is absolutely okay to be angry, sad and let it out. We are here for ya.

Angela-Holy moly lady! You have been through a lot lately too. Healing vibes coming your way.

Much love coming everyone's way.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  6:17:52 PM  Show Profile
Howdy Ladies. Those are some long posts. It sounds like Angela has a lot of different projects happening. I always feel like I have a hundred projects and none of them getting done. I ping pong back and forth from being planning oriented to completely stressed out and refuse to plan anything. I'm in a refusing to plan stage right now. I'm glad your husband is getting on board with making positive changes. It does take 2 to make a marriage. Are you sure you have enough beans?

Hang in there Bunny!

My DH is getting better from his pneumonia but still can't do much. His work was so considerate. They sent someone over with his work so he could work at home I don't know about you but I thought that was pretty rude and everyone has a right to be sick. Anyway, the work is just sitting there gathering dust.

I'm finally sick of the yard not getting done so I'm doing it myself in sections because it's so hot. I got a third of it done today. I have to use the old gas mower to get a good first cut and then I can use my push reel mower for any upkeep. Though I don't think dead grass can grow.

I canned 11 pints of pickled okra today. It's my second time canning. I love hearing all the lids seal "pop." I'll know in 2 weeks if they taste any good. I didn't grow the okra but I did buy it at the farmer's market. The only thing growing around here is the mercury on the thermometer. I'm starting to think we live on Mars.

Hope you ladies have a good evening. Me and Columbo and Angela Landsbury are going to go work on my afghan.

Julie

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  6:53:51 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I got your package today... lots of fun goodies. Thank you so much! It was just what I needed.
I was suppose to go to dinner with a friend tonight but her brother got arrested. She has so much drama in her life.
I did have a nice day sewing. I got a project done for a class the shop I teach at asked me to do. Hopefully they will like the sample.

Well, not much else going on. Off to my bed with kitties and a good book.

Night porch ladies.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  7:18:09 PM  Show Profile
Evening porchies

WELCOME Kay the porch is a place to sit back relax in the company of good women
let down your hair be yourself and vent away...LOL
Prayers for you Darlene
Bunny hoping you find a better job with a great boss..
angela you sound like a woman who is taking back her life..you go girl good for you and praying things get better,
life is like a roller coaster you just got to hold on tight..LOL
works been crazy and i miss kbeing on the porch
i love summer and can't get enough of the outdoors..gardening and grilling lots of fun iced teas with fresh herbs
will start canning soon..the zucchinis are coming like crazy i have been making zucchini everything..LOL
any and all recipes are welcome..
my garlic will be ready soon and the peppers are almost ready
the tomatoes are getting there just not yet..i can't wait
Elaine I will be down your way tomorrow ..going to the beach yippee!! first time this year.. going to island beach
love it with the dune and quiet well atleast on a week day. hoping to stay till sunset its supposed be a beautiful day.
prayers for all my sisters
blessings deborah
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl

Edited by - debtea2 on Jul 13 2011 7:19:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  8:31:53 PM  Show Profile
Whoo, it was busy today!
Bunny, I really hope you get the job you applied for today!
Angela, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now, but I'm glad that things are looking up for you:) I'm continuing to pray for you and your family.
Elaine, I borrowed my uncle's bike to get home and back there this morning, but it wasn't the same as my bike! I was so glad to have it back!
Julie, I hope your DH feels better soon!
Well, today was a pretty good day. I just need to vent a little though. So, my uncle (by marriage, he married my dad's sister), worked at a plumbing company with his brother. My uncle is one of 4 kids, and my cousins had other cousins on my uncle's side of the family. As I have said before, my uncle was fired, so he has been doing mostly side jobs while my aunt works at her full time job. My girl cousin is stuck in the middle of the two boys, and they always gang up on her (nothing terrible, but I hate listening to them be mean to their sister). Now, my aunt and uncle have had problems with his family before, but they always tried to be civil so the cousins could be together. But now, I'm essentially the only cousin. Which I'm fine with, I love my cousins to pieces. But that also means that it's just me and my cousin Anna. Besides my aunt, I'm pretty much the only girl she gets to see regularly. Well, today, I said that if my aunt or uncle could pick her up, she could ride her bike to my house with me and we could hang out. My aunt said no, that it would turn into "Mama, don't make me go," etc. etc. So Anna said that's great, let's just have a sleepover. Well, I called my Mom who is on call tonight, and she didn't answer. I felt so bad telling her that it would have to be another night, and she immediately burst into tears. I felt extremely bad, and I did promise her that I would plan a sleepover for just her and me at my house soon. I just don't what to do because she hasn't been able to get ahold of any of her friends and she really just wants some girl time. But I think the sleepover will be a start. Okay, off my soapbox now! I hope everyone has a beautiful Thursday!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  08:03:43 AM  Show Profile
Angela - sounds like things are starting to go your way and hopefully things will calm down for you. I'm in total agreement with you that you can't let your daughter continue to create such chaos. She made her choices and now she has to live with them. It's going to be a harsh lesson especially at her age, but hopefully she'll learn from it. I don't think shows like "16 and Pregnant" are helping young girls either. Glorifying teen pregnancy is not a good thing and the way some of the parents cater to their pregnant daughters and their boyfriends makes me want to flipping smack them in the head and ask them where there common sense is.

Bunny - keeping you in my thoughts. I totally understand where you're at. Have you tried putting your resume on Careerbuilder and other job sites? I found my current job that way. I didn't think I'd get anything legit but got a call out of the blue offering me this job several years ago. Someone suggested www.simplyhired.com to me recently which pulls jobs from multiple online job search sites.

I had my first harvest this week - pickling cukes. I sliced some up and put them along with some onion in a mason jar with red wine vinegar, water, and some salt to sit so I'd have something to nibble on. I need to purchase some pickling supplies so we can do the dills and spicy pickles we plan on. I'm thinking about using the Pickl It system. Has anybody used it? I like the airlock concept, probably since we use airlocks with our mead making. I have a ton of tomatoes on the vines, hopefully we won't lose any this year. I want to can a ton of tomato sauce. I was really happy the storm that came through didn't damage anything. We had trees ripped apart and uprooted all over the place when I came home the other day. One house on the next block had their porch smashed by several branches. Fortunately it was mostly damage to the trees and not to the houses.

Df put in two applications for ND but received emails saying he wasn't chosen. I think it's how we did his resume because this company should have jumped especially for this position. He has a supposed friend that is in HR and works for three companies hiring people that he thought for sure would help him out and go over his resume for him. They've been friends since elementary. Df lived with this guy and his wife for years and basically helped raise their kids, helping the wife out while this guy was traveling for work all the time. He's helped remodel their house. Worked on their cars and their boat. The one time he's ever asked for this guy's help and the guy won't even respond to his email or his text. Df and I will get his resume squared away somehow. Another friend of his suggested that he call the HR department directly and sell himself over the phone since it's hard to cover his knowledge in a resume. He does engine rebuilds and modification, specializing in high performance engines.

Since we made the decision to relocate he's been like a man with a huge weight taken off his back. He's so excited. He suggested we might want to start packing and is bringing boxes home from work this week. Talk about being optimistic! I think I'm having a harder time, even though I'm excited too. It's been hard for me because there's things I still wanted to do, plants I wanted to get, decorating I wanted to do and I have to constantly stop myself from buying things or making any more plans to change things. It's amazing how attached to this house I've become in a little over two years.

Well I hope everybody has a safe and calming day. I think we all need it :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  09:42:45 AM  Show Profile
Howdy sweet things,
How are you? My goodness the porch has been busy.

Kay~welcome to the porch. This is such a beautiful place with beautiful sisters.

Angela~Sweet one I am praying for you. It is hard now I know but as Judy says cling to God.

Bunny~keeping you in prayers as well.

Our relay for life raised almost 92,000 dollars. It was way over the goal. It is wonderful to see people help for such a needed cause.
Have had company until yesterday so was busy.
Today I brought in some lettuce from my garden. I was so happy...almost jumping for joy. YOu are lookig at someone who is not blessed with a green thumb and I grew lettuce. I have bell peppers coming along and my strawberries are doing well. My herb garden is really doing well. I am so happy.

We are under a heat warning until Tuesday. We have been blessed the past few days with some cooler weather. But the heat is on now. So I will be staying inside until evening. I don't do heat well.

WEll ladies time for some lunch and then I am in the beginning stages of planning my classroom for new little butterflies.

love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  5:10:02 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Busybusybusy!Where do I start?
Peggy...how right you are Sister, sometimes we TELL God what we want Him to do, instead of ASKING Him what He would like to do for us! Amen? I'm just as guilty as the next person. Then I have to say, "Ok Lord, What is it you want to tell me?" This is after He wakes me up in the wee hours of the morning...and WON'T let me go back to sleep. He does that to me a lot. He knows how to make me listen. He knows that I value my sleep. BUT....He reaches me every time that way! I'm so glad He's patient & persistent, aren't you? Amen! We serve a Great God!
Peggy, didn't you just tell me that you couldn't get my doozycards? ....and didn't I just send another one out to you today...a cute Christmas in July card. What a bone-head I am! hahahahahahahaha Guess I need to try harder at listening!
Debra...I loved the roller coaster comment...how true...hold on and scream out loud if you have too! Just don't let it sit there and "fester 'n rot!"
Megan, so sorry that you feel helpless where your cousin is concerned. I feel your anxiety girl! I know it's very trying for you. You are so sweet!
Julia, you tickled me when you said that you and Colombo & Angela Langsbury were off to do your thing. My kind of gal. I just love those 2 shows. I'm on season 7 with Murder She Wrote.Still in season 1 with Colombo. Where are you?
RFMTammy, sounds like your DF is very talented. He shouldn't have a hard time finding work.
TLTammy....WOW...you all did really well, raising that kind of money for the cause. Good for you!
We had a couple of Spring-like days lately....high 70's, low 80's/breezy/sunny. I just rolled the windows down and opened the sun roof on "Beetle" and we flew down the road, singing at the top of my lungs, as if I were a California Girl! hahaha Love these kind of days! *giggle*
We weeded the garden last night and OMGosh....I think we should have pulled up the veggies and left the weeds to eat. Man, where do they all come from? This is our 3rd weeding, but it looked like the 1st. There were some new ones that we'd never seen before. Aliens!! Plain and simple...Aliens! They sow 'em while we sleep! lolol We are picking yellow, mild peppers already. We make pepper-butter with them. Then we give it away for Christmas. Great on sandwiches, like mustard, only better! We have lots of green tomatoes too. Won't be long. My basil is doing great. Getting tall. I'm going to try making pesto for the 1st time. I'm going to use walnuts instead of pine-nuts. Any tips?
Well, DH just got in from work.... (8PM) better go see if he needs anything.
Have a great evening Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  8:13:29 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone. I need prayer for a very good friend of mine. I got an email from my wonderful friend back in California. She has a terrible kidney disease that is passed through her family. Almost everyone in her immediate family has it. She was adopted and didn't find out until she was an adult. Anyway, her kidney function is only at 11% and failing. she is a sweet, kind and wonderfully creative person with a verbally and emotionally abusive husband. He is now home full time due to health problems too. The stress is probably putting her over the edge. Her name is Heather and I hate to know she is in this trouble. So, please pray for her for me.. thanks.

Judy, I understand asking God to lead us. I actually know I'm here in Oregon because of that. I did listen. This was the last place I thought I would end up but God lead me here anyway. I can deal with that. I even think I know why I'm here. I'm being allowed to work on my internet business, teaching and creativity. I think sometimes the reason I don't have another job is because that's not Gods plan for me. I guess I just hope for a little more success along the way. It never comes like a world win like the lotto. It is a slow pace that isn't seen until the end. Marching down a road with no signs or even site of the road is hard. I have to work on my trust in him and tell myself daily, I have what I need. I have more than most and am here for a reason. But sometimes it does get overwhelming and we are only human and can be broken down with enough straws in the basket.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page