Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  07:50:27 AM  Show Profile
I'll be over....no need for a rocking chair for me....I'll sit on the step. Make room for nice warm cinnamon buns......with gooey cream cheese icing.

Beverly Gill

There's no place like home
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  08:45:01 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, she is fouling her own nest. Even if someone believes her at some point the truth will come out. I am thinking about a second career as a life coach as well. I took all the True Life Counseling courses up here privately and did some counseling. So I might go there.
Tammy, there was a will which did name me as executor. I am not worried about anything other than the Social Security I am presently collecting off of his account. I am using it to help the kids. The will was accidentally thrown out in the trash by his current wife. I know it was an accident because she wanted my help. I work for a law firm and got some advice from by boss on this. The kids up here have no problem with her keeping what she needs to live on. She let the kids come over and take some things that she knew the ex would have wanted them to have. The worry is my oldest daughter who hates us all and would like nothing better than to cause trouble for someone, anyone associated with my ex and all of us in general. The middle wife, #2 and her daughter by my ex are also a worry. #2 is the one who took out a life insurance policy on him telling him that it would be divided among the kids but them made herself beneficiary. The daughter is an addict and unfortunately all three of that crowd know one another and are willing and able to cause grief. I am praying that all will just quietly settle down and neither of them will do anything stupid.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  08:45:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, So glad your Dr appt went well.. I hope everything works out with your breathing, and the losing weight. I started the "17 day diet" which was so easy and I lost 10 lbs in the first 17 days. It has 3 cycles that are 17 days each, making it easier to follow because the food you can have changes. Look it up on Google. I think it will be of some interest. Also I belong to a support group with the 17 day diet and we have put together 2 cookbooks which have been very helpful.

Theresa, I'm glad your garden is doing well, mine had just dried up from no rain.

Yummy, yummy, yummy...I waiting on thos warm cinnamon buns Beverly...

Bunny, I am so sorry that your boss is doing this. It will be the best thing for you when you get away from her. People can see through BS...so stay true to yourself and I'm sure you will be fine. Good luck with school.

Have a great day everyone...I hope to check back in later. I am working on my pen pal letters, packing up stuff for 2 other swaps and sewing the hearts for the yo yo swap. But still love coming back to see what is going on here...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  4:30:01 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Stopping by for a bit. This has been my first night to just sit and relax this week so I'm going to soak it up. Even though I don't drop by everyday, I'm always thinking of you all.

Honey and I have decided that there will not be a wedding. Did I tell you all this all ready? Sorry if I'm repeating myself. I can't seem to remember who I've told and who I haven't. The stress was getting overwhelming! The house, work, and wedding plans plus not to mention trying to keep up with everyday things like enjoying time with my kiddos and critters. It was just too much. Df of course doesn't care if we get married at the lake, in a church, in a court house or butt naked in a jail.... It's kind of silly how we can get so involved in all the little nit picky details and lose sight of what is really important. Sure a wedding would be pretty, but not having one won't make our day any less special.

The kids start back to school next Thursday. YAY! There's just one little snaffoo. The second bedroom upstairs is not finished and we were really hoping it would be before school started back up. We were really hoping df and his ds would be moved in by then. I really don't want his ds to change schools in the middle of the year so we are trying to come up with some way to work this out. I have a feeling that df's mother is going to try to cause trouble. I hope that feeling is wrong, but it's usually dead on. Speaking of Df's, mine surprised me yesterday. Wednesday's are my long day at work, 2 rather large homes to clean. He wound up with the day off. He had to take care of some insurance thing and then he spent the day with my kiddos. He bought them pizza for lunch and just hung out. Oh he also bought them Mt Dew, which he's kind of in trouble for, but I might just let it slide this time. He bought 2 large pizzas so needless to say I didn't have to cook. That was awesome! You know sometimes I find myself wondering if he's really ready for this committment, not just to me but to my three kids. We are a big pill to take, but then he goes and does something like this and I think we are going to be just fine.

On a downside, my mom went for a check up today. Her triglycerides (sp?) are way high. Her cholesterol is too. This has her bugging pretty bad. Her mom died at 59 from a massive heart attack. Uncle Tom, mom's brother, died just a year or so back, also in his 50's. I can't remember the technical name for what he had but basically it was very bad hardening of the arteries. It seems to be very common in our family. And now mom's just 55 and this is cropping up. She read online that steroids can make the triglycerides (sp?) climb and she has been using a steroid crean for the extremely dry skin on her elbows. Please say a little prayer for her.

Well kids are hungry. Time to make dinner.

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  5:26:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Busy busy busy with things.

Bunny-have you contacted any life coaches to see what school/courses they took? It sounds to me like you could open your own shop with your experience. Maybe that's what your boss is afraid of. I wouldn't worry too much about what she's saying because, like you said, people know what she's up to. Once you get your money then you'll be done with her!

Cherime- so if the will was thrown out, can a copy be found filed wherever he made it? If not, then you don't really have to worry about being executor either. I don't think ex2 could get anything other than the life insurance. If it went to court then I suppose there's a formula as to figure how much each person gets. It sounds just like something out of a soap opera.

Melanie- I hope you don't get married butt naked in a jail. hahaha Good for you for doing what you want. There's a reason why it's called the wedding industry. It's big business getting brides to think they need to have a big extravagant wedding day. There's no end in sight for things to spend money on. I listen to some of the girls at work and now they buy small gifts to give the guests when they leave. It makes me laugh. Why not just take their gift on the gift table and hand it back to them as they leave. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Are you talking about atherosclerosis? Some of that is hereditary and some is due to diet and exercise. There's some medicines she can take and they can also scan the arteries to see if there's a dangerous blockage. Best thing is to check it out and not sit and worry.

I've been staying off the computer a lot more the last two days. I'm trying to cut down. I told DH that no one is going to live my life for me and I can't spend all day looking on the computer to see how everyone else is living. Does that make sense?

Yesterday I went and dug up one of my sweet potato plants to see if it was ready. The local farmers said they were harvesting theirs otherwise they would cook in the ground. So I go and dig it up and there's only one tiny potato on it. So I buried it back in the ground. I noticed my ground was also very cool. Guess I will wait till the temps are getting down in the 50's before digging them up like I had planned. My eggplant is looking really happy and has a lot of blooms back on again. Today I went to the gardening place and bought some seeds for fall. Hoping to grow some beans, pumpkins, and calendula. They also gave me free pallets! My compost area is really coming together. I also finished the book Worms Eat My Garbage. I checked out 3 books on edible plants. I tell DH if the economy goes down the drain at least we won't starve.

I had an amazing dream last night. I had been waiting for it. You know the saying there's a book in every person? I think there's a quilt in every person. I've been waiting and waiting trying to figure out what that quilt is. Last night I dreamed it! Now it's in my head and I will just have to make it. One day I will show it to you ladies.

Have a great evening! I'm off to plant seeds.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  6:16:39 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies

I did this last year and would love help again this year
knitting, crocheting or weaving for the homeless in my city
the need is so great for scarves hats gloves/mittens
I would like to have it all done by november 20th
as a giving thanks project before thanksgiving
anyone who would like to help in any way would be much appreciated
blessings
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  8:28:26 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening everyone. Feeling a bit bummed out today. The bank that holds my mortgage is being a jerk.... again. They are saying I didn't live in my house for 12 months and don't qualify for the program that gives me the $3000.00 I've been trying to get with the short sale. It's stupid because my realtor can verify I lived there until January 24 of this year. Chase bank is so dishonest. So I have to send them 12 months of bank statements (originals not copies) to prove I lived there. It amazes me how difficult they are. A bank that is making so much money can't seem to do the right thing. Other banks are giving people like me 3 times their mortgage to move out and not trash the place. That would have been almost $6000.00 for me.. does my bank do that... no. The stress is really getting to me. Now the bill collectors are tracking me down at my mom's and starting to harass me here. The one today said because I was not willing to ask friends and family for money I was refusing to pay the bill. I just couldn't deal with it and had to just go to bed and sleep it off. I'm feeling boxed in.

Julie, I have checked out a few coaching schools I was told about. But they cost over $3000.00 just to get started. They are all private so I would have to come up with the money myself. Not going to happen right now. It is a field with a lot of scam artists charging big dollars to help people. I have to be very careful how I go about it. I don't want to be scammed myself. I wish there were college classes I could take. I"m going to start looking harder at what is available and see how I can fit it in.

Anyway, just bumming around today. I couldn't even get myself to go into the basement and sew. The world feels like such an evil place right now.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  8:32:07 PM  Show Profile
Deborah, I'm not much good at mittens but I could knit some scarves for you. They would be made from wool I have leftover from my shop if that's ok. Any particulars I need to know? It would be a good project for nites I need something to do with my hands.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  12:33:18 AM  Show Profile
Bunny...I am sooooo sorry that the Bank is still jerking you around! That is just terrible. And what you wrote earlier about your boss...is so true. She is showing her own true colors by her behavior and everyone sees it for what it is. You just have to remain true to yourself and let your own good qualities speak for themselves. I have always found in situations like you are in...that I just say, "God you and I both know these things said about me aren't true...but I don't need or want to go around defending myself to others, so please be my intersessor" (spelling?) And He has always been faithful.

Melanie...does that mean that you aren't going to get married at all or are you just going to go to a Justice of the Peace and do it the
simple way? You seemed like you were starting to question whether you wanted to get married or not...anyway, so maybe it is best to Not do anything for awhile. Things have a way of working out the way they should be with time.

Beverly...thanks for the Cinnamon buns. Yummy!

Deb...would love to help with your homeless project but am over committed on a few projects of my own for the fall. It is a great
project and a worthy cause though. Good for You!

Julie and Bunny...I think Life Coaches are in demand when the economy is good and people have more spendable income. But in a bad
economy people are Not going to pay to have someone guide them through their life. My husband and I saw the same thing with our
Counseling Business. It was good and steady while the economy was good and the bottom fell out when the economy went belly-up. Yes,
people needed halp all the more, but we found all we were doing is giving free counseling because there were all kinds of reasons
why they couldn't afford to pay a counselor or therapist. Personally...I wouldn't even go into either line of work in this day and age. You will be throwing money out the window for the Schooling and then not be able make a living at what you were trained for. I would seriously consider some other line of work.

Penny...I have briefly looked at the "17 Day Diet" and may check it out further IF this Slimming World Diet doesn't do the trick. Right
now I am having a hard time even getting the book from the UK. So, we shall see.

Well girls...taking my grand-daughter to a movie tomorrow. It is a total kids movie...not one I want to see, but it is all about showing
her a good time while she is here. Neither one of us can believe that she only has 3 days left before she goes home. She is such a good
kid and we have had alot of fun together. Hope to take her on a picnic and swimming on Sat. and then Church Sunday and she will leave in
the afternoon. I am starting to get a little tired from all my Grand-kid time...but it has been sooo worth it. I will rest up next week.

Good Night My Porchies...Don't feed the Night Mares just dream lovely dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 05 2011 12:38:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  07:37:09 AM  Show Profile
Oh Bunny, I'm so sorry those debt collectors are getting you down. You know they don't play fair. I learned a lot listening to Dave Ramsey on the radio (it's free!) Debt collectors are trained to evoke an emotional response. People act irrationally on an emotional response. Like convincing you to pay towards a debt before you pay for food. A person MUST keep it straight in their head that talking to these people is like business and not to become emotionally involved. And if you have no money to pay, then say you have no money and you will call them when you do. When they throw a temper tantrum then you hang up on them. Repeat as necessary. Remember there is no debtors prison. While they could sue, almost all will not because it's more expensive than what you owe and the judge throws out all their fabricated add-on fees. I'm not saying to never pay the bill, just revisit it when you are back on your feet.

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  11:42:56 AM  Show Profile
Bunny - Don't be bummed about your math score - most people don't test well and have to take the remedial course. Sadly, most hs graduates have to start with the remedial course too. As for your boss, she is a piece of work. It will catch up to her and she'll regret it. I agree with Farmgirl - hang up on them. I would inform them that you want all further communication by mail and then hang up. After that keep track of their names/Companies and then hang up. If it goes to court you can show that they've been harrassing you which will help your case. I don't know why anybody would ever take that job. They are some of the nastiest people on earth.

I'm thankful that the week has finally come to an end. I've been exhausted all week. DF got on me the other night saying he's tired of me being so tired all the time and I need to get it fixed. I probably could fix it if I could get a couple nights of solid sleep. His back is a lot better but I still wake up every time he moves. I'm tired of being so tired myself. I need to go in next month for blood work anyway so I can have my iron and thyroid levels checked just to make sure that's not playing a factor.

Tomorrow are the Highland Games that I've mentioned so I'm excited about that. The dogs will be jumping all over the place as soon I start packing their bag. We'll be assisting with the dog agility demonstrations. Hopefully a bunch of our friends will come out and watch. Hopefully df will take pictures I can share.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  12:08:41 PM  Show Profile
Well, I did it. I lost my job today. I went in to get my paycheck and some of the money she owes me and she started in on me. It all came down to I wasn't being nice to her on the phone. I was hanging up on her after our phone calls. I just don't understand. When I call her, she has always been short with me and says she has a customer... so I say..ok and hang up. I call when I need help, usually with customers standing in front of me. I always thanked her for helping me and said goodby... and hung up!. I'm so depressed right now I almost can't function. I needed that money for school. Now I don't know if I can go. The money I was saving up was going to be my money to live on starting in November. Now I have to use it to live on now.
Oh, and she changed the payroll rules. I opened the envelop with my paycheck and it wasn't the full amount. When I asked her where the rest of it was she said that her book keeper had two payroll dates. This was the first one and I had to wait until the next day for the second one. Mind you, I still didn't get a paystub. I prayed for help before I went in... I don't think God heard me. Things are worse not better for all the efforts I have been putting in. I just don't know what to do now.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  1:04:52 PM  Show Profile
Bunny... I feel very badly for what happened but I get why she did it. She wants to be able to sayt she fired you...not that you quit her. Makes for a better story to gossip about. Grrrr! Did she pay you for all the fabric she took from you? Just start billing her monthly until she pays you for all of it. My sister's favorite bumper sticker is "Mean People Suck"...I couldn't agree more. I do noto believe that Life is just a continued journey of Happenstance...I believe God allows things to happen for a reason...so we can learn from them. So, don't
think He is punishing you for something, or not being fair to you because LIFE is tough and you have been trying so hard. God does not bless because of anything we do or don't do. He blesses because He loves to bless us. And he allows...because he wishes to teach us and draw us closer to Himself. If life was always perfect...we would have no need for God or we would set him on the backburner and forget completely about Him. But when we have to cling to Him, blindly trust him, and hold on to life by a thread...then we call upon Him, we grow closer to Him and we learn about how faithful he is...even when we are not. Don't allow getting fired from a rotten job...sour your attitude and heart towards God. I love you sister but He loves you more. Cry out to Him and cling to Him and Trust Him for tomorrow.

Julie...you are so right about how to deal with Creditors. Good advice via Dave Ramsey.

Going to a movie...will check back later.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  3:00:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi all~

Bunny~ If she claimed she fired you - go collect unemployment. Tat woman is evil and what comes around goes around. She is out and out cheating you. I agree with Peggy - bill her today for the fabric she owes you and then just bill her every week for it. make sure you get all the money that is owed to you. I hate to take this tact but if she is uncooperative - call the better business bureau and make her life a living hell. I know that is not very Christian sounding, you know turn the other cheek and all, but sometimes you are the instrument by which people get what they deserve!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  3:17:42 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peggy, my Mom has a saying about nightmares too..."If you have a nightmare...just jump on and ride it!"

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  4:02:39 PM  Show Profile
She didn't fire me. After she started yelling at me, I just told her to pay me what she owed me and I would be gone. Unfortunately she only gave me part of my paycheck, no payment on the fabric and said she will mail the checks to me. I didn't work long enough for unemployment. I will wait a week and if I don't get my money I will go to the labor board. I will also bill her for the fabric, but that doesn't mean she will pay me. I needed that money so bad. I tried to think the best of her. I don't know if I can ever trust anyone again. I at least got the quilt I made for a class I was going to teach. Sad thing is she didn't even ask for the key. I could have kept it and come into the store anytime I wanted. But I didn't. I gave it back. she didn't even think to ask for it. I can only hope the quilting groups around here don't black ball me because of her. I need the opportunity to teach and earn money.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  4:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Bunny~I agree with Peg. There is always a lesson God is teaching. He may be teaching it to her! Evil begets evil and she will be dealt her hand. Brush the dust from your feet and move on. That is what Jesus said to do and don't look back!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  4:32:59 PM  Show Profile

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYY Girlfriends! Oh my goodness, it's been a long time, but I made my way back to the porch to say "Hello" and I miss all of you! Just read a couple quick pages...whoo, you girls have been busy! I can't stay long......but took a sick day today and was home thinking about all of you! Sure do miss you! Not much happening in my world....just working,went to a couple city council meetings to support another farmgirl, she's fighting city hall about having chickens....unfortunately, she lost, but she's still fighting...:) trying to landscape my front yard, but it's going slow, busy with family, Most of you know my mom passed away a couple months ago, and I got so many cards from farmgirls...what a blessing that was.......life is pretty much back to normal, whatever that is......and just trying to get over an ear infection now...Hoping to come back soon to the porch.....just wanted to share this cute little poem with you from Ilan Shamir....he has all these nature posters and bookmarks with great little nature sayings, one of my favorites I wanted to share with you is"
Advice from the Ocean.....Be shore of yourself, Come out of your shell, Take time to Relax and Coast, avoid pier pressure,Sea life's bueauty, don't get tide down, make waves!
just a little something I picked up at the Florida State Parks this summer.........Happy Friday!

Edited by - monicarose on Aug 05 2011 4:36:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  4:45:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Well that previous reply posted itself before I was finished!

Elaine~I hope you get the job. I like you, pray for all my MJF sisters every day!

Peg~Your GDs are gorgeous as well as their mother! Sometimes our oxygen levels are down because we aren't breathing deeply enough. Do you retain fluid? Do you have allergies? Losing weight~I just was looking at the 17 day diet too and decided I don't have the energy to get on with anything right now!

Megan you are the ornament maker this month!

I need someone to keep track of the BDs on the porch. I can't be responsible for it while I'm having my surgery,chemo and radiation. So someone please take over and then everyone let that person know your BD. Thanks!

I will be on and off depending on my circumstances. Know that I pray for your well being daily.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  10:46:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters!
Penny, to answer your question, I am 15, and I'm going to be a sophomore in high school:) So, yes, I'm still in school!
Elaine, I hope that you get the job!
Peggy, I'm glad your appointment went well, and thank you for the sweet description of me! :) I hope you had a good time with your granddaughter!
Bunny, I'm so sorry that you find yourself in this situation now. What comes around goes around, and I hope that she realizes what a good employee she drove away/let go/whatever she's claiming happened! And I wholeheartedly agree with Peggy. If you trust that God will bless you, than better things will happen. It's all in His time, and even though we may not want to wait, we must. Praying for you sister!
RFM Tammy, I hope that all goes well at your appointment!
Theresa, glad to see you're doing well:-)
Melanie, I hope things get better for your mom, and I'll keep her in my prayers.
Monica, glad to see that you're doing well as well!
Darlene, I would love to be the new porch calendar! If you send me all the information, I'd be glad to keep track:)
Also, if everyone in the ornanment swap would please email me, that'd be fabulous!
Well, these past few days have been busy busy! I was supposed to come to Michigan on Wednesday, but I wasn't able to. So, my Mom and I did a little research, and I was able to ride on an Amtrak train by myself here. I was very careful, and I made it here safely to my grandparents. We went to dinner and a movie tonight, and hopefully we'll be able to spend some time outside tomorrow! Or my grandma and I might have girl time at the mall:) I hope everyone has good Saturdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  01:25:40 AM  Show Profile
Monica...oh, I loved your advice from the Ocean. How cute is that!?! So, good to have you on The Porch tonight...hope you can
come more often...we have missed you! Hope you are doing a little better after the loss of your mom. You will never totally
stop missing her...and the pain will hit you when you least expect it...but TIME does help the golf ball size lump in the throat,
the tears running down your cheeks, and that empty lonesome feeling in your heart. Just keep on keepen on...putting one foot in
front of the other and moving forward. Big Hugs!

Bunny...I am so sorry that I miss read your post on losing your job. Well, I feel much better for you now, knowing you decided to
NOT take her abusiveness anymore. I am very proud of you! That was gutsy...and just plain brilliant on your part. Don't let her
cheat you out of any money and let God continue to direct your steps. WAY TO GO GIRLFRIEND! You did exactly what my quote for the
day calendar said; "You have to have CONFIDENCE in your ability, and then be TOUGH ENOUGH to follow through." and you did exactly
that.

Megan...wasn't the Amtrak fun? How long did it take you by train? ~ I am sure that Darlene would really appreciate you keeping us
posted on up coming birthdays. I will email you my address for the Ornament exchange.~ Have fun with your grandparents!

Darlene...glad to see you on tonight! You are always in my heart and prayers! ~ I think that I am short of oxygen because I am carrying this
extra 35 lbs. Makes perfect sense to me. I wish I could just take a large eraser and erase it off of me... but nothing is that easy! Most of mine is not from eating badly...but more from prescription drugs I take and because I have a Hypothyroid Condition that my Dr. doesn't want to address because it is the least of my health issues, he says.

Judy...your mom's Nightmare saying is a good one too. lol

Elaine...I agree with your advice to Bunny, but knowing she quit changes the picture a bit. Aren't you like so proud of her for NOT
taking it anymore. Three Cheers For Bunny!!!

Off to read...more tomorrow My Porchies,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  07:19:38 AM  Show Profile
Howdy ladies! Another hot one for Texas. We have a plan, though...

Bunny- I like to think that God does not try us. I keep in mind the scripture at James 1:13. It says that God doesn't try us in evil things, so don't be trying him, basically. It's a good scripture to meditate on. I have a completely different perspective now. I think of God as someone I have a very close relationship with. I try to imagine if something was going wrong in my life, would I go around and tell people the person I loved most was out to get me and making things hard for me. How would that person, who showed nothing but love, feel about me saying that about them? Then I think of who WOULD be doing evil things and wants me to be miserable. That's Satan. And he's very good at what he does. He is a constant source of trouble and trying to divide and separate us from God. Another example is Lot. That's a very good story to build faith when things are going bad. He lost everything and even his friends said God was doing this to him and he should turn away from Him. But he didn't, his faith remained true. In your situation I think it's much easier to say the boss lady is possessed by the devil, certainly not possessed by God. I hope your day goes better today and I'll be praying for you.

Megan- you're always so bubbly. I love reading your posts. You are a lovely lady.

Peg- That's funny about the eraser. Have you thought about any exercise? I was reading an article last night about exercise in the water. It's amazing and helps people with all kinds of conditions you wouldn't think of. PTSD soldiers, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, etc. It said even sitting up to your neck in water had an effect because the heart had to work a little bit harder because the water creates a pressure. Anyway, DH and I are looking into different forms of it and I just wanted to pass it on. I'm not sure what your activity limits are or things available to you. Are you going to be able to get that book?

I better get going. We are driving out to the lake today. I'm not sure if there's any lake left but we will see. Other than that I've been working on sewing my badges on an apron.

I hope you ladies have a wonderful day.

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  07:46:22 AM  Show Profile
Praying for all. I have a lot to do on the house before the big chill sets in so will probably be absent mostly. Later.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  08:58:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Megan, (Knittinchick)It is so nice to have a young farmgirl here. I am so happy to get to know you. Your Mom should be so proud of you. I know we all are. Enjoy your time with your grandparents...they are such a blessing..

Bunny, I am so sorry for everything you are going through. I will keep you in my prayers. Stay strong and do what you have to that will make things right. Your boss will get what is coming to one day. It always works that way with people like her.

Peggy, I agree with you, three cheers for Bunny for standing up for herself. Take care of yourself, shortness of breath can be scary at times.

FarmDream, hope you had a great time at the lake. It is hot here in GA just like it is in TX.

I so enjoy coming here and reading all the post. I am so glad to be part of a wonderful group. Thanks for letting me be part of this.

Hope everyone has a great weekend...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  12:13:20 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, so sorry about all your stress and confusion, but I am (((HUGGING))) you girl and keeping your situation in my prayers!
Monica, love the peom, so cute! Good to hear from you again!
Darlene, good to hear from you too!You're in my prayers Sister!
Megan, hope you're having fun at your Grandparents! Sounds like you are!I still want to take an Amtrak somewhere. It's on my "Bucket-List!" lol
Julie, hope you're having fun at the lake.
Cherime, as I sit here sweating buckets, I had to laugh when you mentioned, "The Big Chill!" That's so hard to imagine at this time! But a dear friend of mine just told me that her husband couldn't hike up in the mountains in Deer Park, Wa., where they live, because of a couple feet of snow across the roads. Ack!!! WHAT??? lol Can I come roll in it for about a week?? Wait a minute, back in January, didn't I ask one of you gals if I could come sit on your porch and bask in the sun for a week, so that I could make it thru the rest of our Ohio winter?? Yup, I believe that I did! We just aren't happy are we? God just shakes His head at us, doesn't He? I think when He sees the (Judy-hotline) light up, He probably says, "WHAT NOW!!!!! lolol Good thing He wuvs me! *blush*....cause I am a pill!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page