Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  1:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Megan~Thank you for taking over the BDs. Maybe since there are so many
new sisters here they may want to get their BDs recognized also. So everyone
please email Megan your BDs if you still want to be included and if you want to begin being included.

Sisters~Email your BD to Megan if you want to!

I will email you my address for the ornament swap as well as my BD.

It's raining today and my garden needs it. Tomatoes and squashes are very abundant!!! Wish I could give you some!

Made a banana cake, banana and zucchini breads so help yourself.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Edited by - HealingTouch on Aug 06 2011 1:44:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  4:15:53 PM  Show Profile
Hello Everyone!

Bunny~ I am so very proud of you for not putting up with boss lady's crap anymore. Things will work out. I don't think you will have any problem with the other quilting stores. I am sure they know what the 411 is with your old boss. Even if they are unsure - you will show yourself through your actions and words to be the special and creative person you are.

DD is still having fainting spells. I think she is not drinking enough fluids...so now I am on her case constantly.

On a good note: I GOT THE JOB!!!! The principal and vice principal said my interview blew them away! (It should have I used to be in their positions lol!). So now I am the new Fourth Grade Teacher at St. Leo the Great School in Lincroft,NJ. I used to go there when I was a kid. I am so excited. I dragged DD with me to help me take stock of the classroom. We went through the closets, straightened up and purged. On Monday we are going to go and arrange desks, bookcases, file cabinet,etc. Maybe Tuesday I will go in and do the bulletin boards (at least put the backing on and try to laminate the rest.) This is such a blessing to have happened to me now. I truly thank God for this opportunity.

In celebration I am leaving some brownies with homemade vanilla ice cream for everyone! Enjoy!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  9:32:58 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I'm feeling much better today. Had my little pity party yesterday. I just crawled into bed and slept all day. Today I woke up realizing I now have all the time in the world to sew, create my patterns, teach classes whenever, take naps every day... I figured out even if she doesn't pay me what she owes, if I'm really really careful I'll be able to at least go to school for the first quarter. I figure I'll just put one foot in front of the other and not worry about more than a few days ahead at a time. The future doesn't exist yet so it can be anything.

Elaine, good for you on your new job! How wonderful you got the one you wanted. I'm worried about DD. I had a friend that had fainting spells and it was stress related and low blood pressure. I'll say a prayer for her. I know you will keep a good eye on her.

Darlene, I'm thinking about you all the time. Just a note regarding hair loss and chemo... they have what they call a cold cap that if you wear it during treatments (I think) you won't lose your hair. You might see what you can find out. I hate to see women have to go through that when there is something else that helps. BTW, what are your 3 favorite colors?

Megan, what fun taking the train. I always thought that would be a wonderful way to see the US. I just don't think I could keep myself busy long enough to get through the long ride.

Peggy, funny about the eraser, I always felt hot flashes should melt my fat away. At this point I would be really really skinny right now. Doesn't seem to work very well though.

Julie, thank you for the words of wisdom. I guess I just try to ignore satan and not give him any power over what is happening in my life. However, apparently he is here. I know my boss is terribly ADD. She can't help it and I don't think she would listen to any advise on how to deal with it. Because of it she is a toxic person and I had to just walk away. I feel bad for her, because I know there is a decent person in there. I just wish someone she trusts would shake the crap out of her and put her on a good road to health. I can only pray for her. Even if it is for her to go away.
I started to see so many opportunities open to me now that were not there because I was working for her.

You are all such wonderful people!I'm glad to have found you. I hope your week is filled with health and happiness. Even if you are melting away in the heat.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  11:03:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi sisters!
Peggy, Bunny, and Judy, the Amtrak was pretty good! It took a few hours longer than it would by car, but I've never been on a train before, so it was a new experience for me! It was nice to be able to see some of the small towns that we rolled through. It was also nice to see so many trees for one continous ride!
Bunny, I like your attitude about the future! I actually have a quote: "Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Instead, live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering." Ida Scott Taylor I heard this quote on a show once, and it is one of my all-time favorites:)
Elaine, huge congratulations that you got the job! I know that you'll do great! :-)
Darlene, it's my pleasure to help out! It'll give me something to do while I wait for school to start;)
Julie and Penny, thank you very muchI am so blessed to have found such wonderful women to be friends with. I love it here!
Today was another fabulous night with my grandparents! We went to the mall, and while my grandpa read a book (he's never been one for shopping) my grandma and I decided to peruse the dresses. Well, we found one that I really liked, and bam, I now have a homecoming dress! It was on massive sale, so that made it even better! We went to dinner, saw another movie, and now I'm here. I hope that everyone has beautiful sunny Sundays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  12:00:23 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, I have to commend you on your stellar attitude toward your situation, you are going to be just fine! I will continue to pray that you will walk in peace and joy.

Elaine, woo hoo! I'm glad you got that job!

Megan, I am so impressed with your spirit and personality. I wish more young women were like you.

All my sisters, especially those trying to become healthier,I am with you as I strive for balance for myself. I am struggling with diabetes, and ever increasing doses of insulin.

It's been hot here, and DH and I are cutting up firewood.

Have a blessed weekend!

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  12:32:34 AM  Show Profile
Elaine...congrats on the New Job! The Power of Prayer and God directing your steps. Does your daughter suffer from low blood pressure? It can cause fainting & dizzy spells and you are so right on about what the lack of water can do. I should talk because I hate water myself...but I do force myself to drink it. Though probably not as much as I should.

Julie...I did a water Gentle Move's Class for 3 years. It really did help with my muscles and movement. It felt wonderful while
I was doing it...but then we moved out of the city and my husband went back to work full time for our son and the water class
was not an option any more. Last year when I had gone on a super strick diet...I lost 50 lbs and was walking every day (I am an
ex-speed walker of 15 yrs and won The Presidential Fitness Award) but once I came down with the Fibro and Chronic Fatigue...my
pain is very weather affected. This last year our winter, spring and summer has been very rainy...so, once I couldn't go out
walking I started packing on the lbs again. I feel like I am a rat on a wheel and I can't get off. Frustrating.

Bunny...wouldn't it be awesome if Hot Flashes actually burned Fat!!! That would be crazy good and make menapause worth it! lol

Megan...no, most men are not big shoppers. Your grandpa is pretty typical. That is awesome that you found a dress for Homecoming
for a Fabulous Price. Makes it all the sweeter! What movies have you seen this summer? ~ I can't believe that my grand-daughter
goes home tomorrow. It was the fastest 7 days in history. We had such a good time together. We decided that it would have to be
a yearly event. She could have gone home a day early but she asked her other grandparents (who brought her here on their way to
a Church camp they attended) if she could please wait until tomorrow as originally planned. That made me feel good that she really
was having a good time. And I appreciate the fact that they allowed her to stay and that they were kind enough to transport her.

Well I do know one thing for sure...this grandma is going to need a few days of rest...though my tiredness is a good tiredness. I am
not use to two weeks of back to back grandchildren visits. It has been wonderful and fun...but when it is out of your norm...it takes
a bit of energy out of you. Though I wouldn't have traded these past two weeks for all the Tea in China.

Off to my book and a good night's rest. Sweet dreams My Porchies!

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  04:37:48 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for the congratulations - I am so excited I could burst!

DD does have low blood pressure + the fact she is a tiny thing (I don't know where she gets that from - maybe my mom). The drs. tell her because she is tiny she can dehdrate in a snap. And yes - she is under a great deal of stress - she is taking two classes this summer. One includes working at a literacy class - on Mondays and Wednesdays she leaves the house for a class at 3 and goes straight through until 9pm. God Bless her she works like a dog in those classes. But I tell her it will pay off in the end.

Bunny~ You have really put a good spin on things. And bless you for tring to see the good in boss lady. About five years ago I had to walk away from a serious toxic person. I talked to my priest about it and he gave me some good advice: We can forgive that person for what they have done, acknowledge that foriveness in our hearts. But because we forgive does not mean we forget. God knows we are human and doesn't expect us to keep toxic people in our lives. That would be harmful to ourselves. I have always taken comfort in those wrods. It took me a long time to forgive that person. Once I did my heart felt free. But I still do not have contact with her - for my own sanity.

Megan~ What a great dress find! I hope when you wear it you post a picture! My parents took a train from NYC to the Grand Canyon. They actually slept in it. I would love to take a long train ride. The only one I take is about 1 1/2 ours to NYC. Not too much scenery going on there!!

Peggy~ My goodness you must be exhausted! But I understand what you mean by a good kind of tired. Children are such a sweet gift from above.

Tracy~ I am in the fight to maintain balance also- it is a hard one! You also have the added problem of diabetes - I will say a prayer for you. My nephew was diagnosed with Juvenile diabetes when he was 10. he is 15 now and wears an insulin pump. My poor SIL worries (in silence) about him all the time. Diabetes is such a horrible condition.

Well it is early but I hear DH stirring. I think I'll put the coffe on for him and have a cuppa tea for me! I will be spending the day working onsome swap stuff and doing a bit of research for my classroom. I hope you all have a wonderful peaceful Sunday!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  07:42:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Wow...miss a couple of days on the porch and I've missed so many great stories. I hope to catch up soon. I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Judy, I love your reference to the Hotline...cute. It is a good thing GOD loves us like he does...but I'w with you can we have a break from the heat.

Hey Darlene, I'm not sure if I've met you yet. And if I did sorry...CRS taking over...lol...takes for the banana cake, banana and zucchini breads.

Elaine..Congrats on the JOB...I bet you are excited. I am so happy for you. Please tell DD to drink plenty of water..I have that same problem every once in a while when I am working outside and forget to take a bottle of water with me. I finally decided I won't walk out the door without a bottle of water and it has helped. And you are so right GOD is good. Thanks for the brownies with homemade vanilla ice cream. With all the goodies I'm going to put on weight...dang and here I am trying to loose some..lol...but thanks for the great food all of you leave.

Bunny I agree with you the woman on here are the best. Take time to enjoy doing the things you want...

Megan, I am glad to have met such a wonderful, caring young lady. Enjoy your time with the Grandparents. I love reading about you visit with them

Tracy, take care of health. I hope you even out soon on the insulin. Doesn't it seem funny to be cutting wood in such heat. But ya got to prepare for the winter while you can.

Peggy, I sure wish I could have had my grands this summer. But the youngest is having football practice everyday for his middle school team and the oldest is learning to drive so wanted to stay home since he wouldn't be able to drive in GA. Enjoy the rest...I'm sure you will need it.

We went to a wedding yesterday. A young man that has grown up around my DH. His father and DH are the best of friends for many years. It was a great wedding, why is it that weddings always make me cry? I guess I am a sap at them, funny thing is even if I don't know the couple well I get teary eyed. I have mentioned in a previous post about my husband being disabled due to his back being broken in 1985. So he walks with a very bad limp and can't stand still due to a muscle problem in his legs, but our favorite song came on "At Last" and he asked me to dance. I love that about him, even if it is hard for him he knows how much it means to me. It is a little funny to see because I have to work really hard to keep him from falling at times but it is so worth it. I have the best DH in the world. He never complains, never...and my life with him is the best. I thank GOD everyday for bringing him in my life. It is finally raining, oh how we can use it...but my garden is to far gone to benefit from it but our hay field should could use it.

I got my first letter from one of my new pen pals yesterday. Spend the trip to the wedding yesterday writing her back (Laura). I so enjoyed getting a real letter. Now I have to write my other pen pal. I'm behind in doing that. I wanted to make a card for her but think that it will have to wait till next time. I will get her letter in the mail tomorrow too. I wasn't planning on doing the yo yo swap this time but Peggy extended the dates so I'm in. I got them all cut out but still not very good at the making them look just right yet. I guess it takes practice and since I have never made a yo yo in my life I guess I will get better with practice.

I sure hope everyone has a blessed Sunday.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  08:59:06 AM  Show Profile
Hey girls! I only have a second.

The garden is such a total disaster. The heat wave and lack of rain has killed most everything. We are tearin out, weedin, and tillin like crazy to maybe get a few more rows of root crops in. the stuff will be small when we have to dig it all for fall, but it will be better than nothin in our winter storage. We have to get the fall peas in as well. I have a lot of plans for indoor growin over the winter and I really need the next few weeks to build the shelves and growin boxes for the starts. I am really limpin along and so far behind I have to get real creative to get by this winter.

I see we have several congrats and several prayers to go out. Please know that I am on board for all of them!

I have a hard time keepin my balance with my wieght and natural eatin as well. I focus on not eatin processed foods more than twice a week and takin my vitamins daily. I found that water is hard to drink, but crushed or shaved ice is somethin I love. I have an ice shaver that hubby got me for christmas and a crush function on our fridge. I love to eat ice all day long, so I figure that has my water intake under control.

Penny... My dad has an artificial leg from the knee down and walks with a waddle. We've always teased him that he could dress as a penguin for halloween and have the walk down pat! He took me to a girl scout dance once right after a surgery to clean up some bone spurs on his leg. He couldn't wear his artificial leg so he was on crutches. He still got out on the dance floor and danced with me and my friends. It was a crazy hoppin jig type thing, but it meant a lot. It always does when they try harder to be there for you!

Well, I'm cooled off, so I gotta get back to the garden. Hubby made sun tea yesterday, so there's lots in the fridge. Help yourselves!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  09:02:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Angela, thank you for the story about your Dad, it made me smile and cry and the same time. And you are so right it always means alot when they try harder to always be there for you... GOD bless your Dad for being there for you always.

Thanks for the tea...love it...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  12:13:46 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies,
I am taking a break from working on some things for my classroom and getting ready for our county fair that begins on Thursday.

Elaine~Congrats on your new job. That is just wonderful to hear. Will continue to pray for DD as well.

Peggy~so glad you enjoyed your grandchildren. hOpe you are getting some rest.

Bunny~proud of you for sticking up for yourself and hanging in there as long as you did. I continue to pray about you to God. HE has a plan.

Megan~so glad you are having a great time at your grandparents and found a wonderful dress.

Well ladies I am off for some afternoon tea and bit of reading and then back to work on things I am trying to get done for classroom and fair.

love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  1:47:16 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,
I thought you would enjoy this for a laugh...ya might want to swallow your drink before you read it!

Buttprints in the Sand

One night I had a wondrous dream,
One set of footprints there was seen,
The footprints of my precious Lord,
But mine were not along the shore.
But then some strange prints appeared,
And I asked the Lord, "What have we here?"
Those prints are large and round and neat,
"But Lord, they are too big for feet."
"My child," He said in somber tones,
"For miles I carried you along.
I challenged you to walk in faith,
But you refused and made me wait."
"You disobeyed, you would not grow,
The walk of faith, you would not know,
So I got tired, I got fed up,
And there I dropped you on your butt."
"Because in life, there comes a time,
When one must fight, and one must climb,
When one must rise and take a stand,
Or leave their butt prints in the sand."
-- author unknown

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  4:46:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh Tracy, the poem is so funny........I chuckled and chuckled!

Ok.....I decided I definitely needed to get off my butt today......since I've been out of work for a year and a half, as of this month,.....and have pretty much been in a vegetative state ever since! LOL Soooooooo I looked through my CD's and settled on some 50's/60's tunes and popped them in the CD player. Danced around, got some exercise (which I need desperately) sang along (even though it has been said I can not carry a tune in a bushel basket) Only me and Jake had to heard! :) Pulled out the sewing machine and spent the day making a bag which I had cut out months ago! Can't believe the productivity! I'm just excited and proud of myself! Forgive the pridefulness but I just can't resist!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  6:09:38 PM  Show Profile
Mel, the bag is beautiful!
You have a lot to be proud of today.
It's so important to nurture your mind, body and spirit!

C. S. Lewis

Edited by - Bushel n Peck on Aug 07 2011 6:11:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  6:41:24 PM  Show Profile
Mel that bag is gorgeous...love it. I think you had a great day of taking care of you! Way to go!

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  7:15:51 PM  Show Profile
Well Bunny, look at you, being all positive and chipper. A day of sleep is all we need sometimes to see things differently. Good for you! I love what you said...."The future doesn't exist yet, so it can be anything!" Amen! I'm saving that! That impressed me! Stay positive girl!
Elaine, I'm soooo HAPPY for you getting that job! That's great....and in a school that you attended as a child. That just makes it extra special!
Peggy, I hope you get the rest you need girly, but glad you had fun making memories!
Penny nd Angela, I loved your stories about dancing. So sweet!
Tracy, I loved your,"Buttprints in the Sand!" I called my Mama and we both giggled and laughed. Thanks for sharing that with us!
Mel, I love the bag....my Mom asked me, "Does she want to share that pattern?" We're purse nuts. hahaha Can ya tell?
Well....day's over....nity-nite girls!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  8:26:05 PM  Show Profile
Hello sisters!
Tracy, thank you very much:) I am very blessed to have found a place where I can be with wonderful women such as you and the other women here:-) And that poem made me laugh!
Peggy, I think I've seen three new movies in the theater this summer. I saw Monte Carlo with my friends (that was a cute one!), I saw The Change-Up (a little crass for my taste), and Crazy Stupid Love with my grandparents. There are so many good ones coming out though! I'm glad that you had a good time with your graddaughters. It's always fun spending time with family!
Elaine, I will definitely post a picture once homecoming rolls around! And I would love to take an old-fashioned train ride and see the country! Most of the outdoors that there was to see we passed at night, though. But it was still scenic!
Penny, thank you very much! Like I said before, I'm glad to have met everyone here! And that's such a sweet story about your DH.
Angela, that's great that your dad always was there for you:) And I hope that you'll be able to get things from your garden!
Tammy, I hope that your classroom is coming along nicely!
Mel, what a cute bag! It's very pretty!
Today was another great day in Michigan! Not weather wise, but we did have a good day. My grandpa and I spent most of the afternoon in Barnes and Noble and I bought a book and journal. Then we went to dinner at P.F. Changs. We're just going to relax the rest of the evening. My uncles who live in Michigan will be back in the next few days, so I might get to see them too! I hope everyone has marvelous Mondays!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  11:59:41 PM  Show Profile
Good Very Late Evening My Porchies...my GD left around three and I immediately took a nap!lol I can tell I am getting older by
the minute.

Tracy...I sent your poem to my Bible Study Group and a bunch of friends...that was a hoot girl!

Judy...I knew you would love that poem too!

Mel...love your purse girlfriend! What a productive day you had! Was that before or after you
read the "Butt Poem"? LOL

Penny and Angela...both your stories made me cry! Isn't that just like The Porch? One minute you are crying and the
next minute you're giggling, but always you are glad to be here...sharen life with each other.

Bunny...a good day and nights sleep always puts things into perspective. You have a fantabulous attitude girl!

Teacher Tammy...what kind of pets are the butterflies going to have this year to take care of?

Megan...sounds like you have seen some fun movies this summer (I guess, I don't know what any of them are)lol I
use to love going to The Movies...but now not so much. I probably only go to 3 a year. I have only been to a
PF Changs Restaurant once and I loved it. OK...you're making me hungry...stop that! :+)

Elaine...did you go to the water this weekend to cool down? We were going to take the Grand-daughter to the Lake
yesterday and it turned out very overcast and cool...but we found other things to do.

Tomorrow I plan to sleep in...

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  05:07:05 AM  Show Profile
Well Porchies, I'm back for a bit of a rest.

There came up a crazy pop-up thunderstorm that drove us out of the garden before we could finish the clean up. I guess we'll have to try to finish it up a little at a time in the evenins to get it ready for plantin this weekend.

We decided to work the inside cleanin since we couldn't work outside. My Laundry room and kitchen are spotless. The livin room only needs a few more minutes to have it ready for sweepin and moppin, then it's done. I'm gonna try to get the bedroom done today too.

Tracy... Loved the poem!!!

Mel... The bag is pretty! I'm still learnin to sew. I got interrupted in my lessons when my machine broke and it's too old for repair. They can't find parts anymore. So I'm savin for a new one.

Sounds like everyone is havin fun and gettin it done! I guess I better start gettin it done or it'll be a long day for me. I have to go into town today too, so that always takes a few hours out of my day.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  11:05:24 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Bunny: congrats on your new outlook of the whole situation! you just stood back, looked at it from a different perspective and now you feel better and have a plan. :)

tracy: That poem made me smile and LOL thanks for posting it. I copied/pasted it in the notepad for further use.

Mel: very nice bag, congrats! thanks for posting a pic.

thanks for the stories and sharing pics. have a great day everybody. :)

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  11:48:25 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone. Went on a "date" with the guy from eharmony. He is a nice guy but no chemistry there at all. He is kind of a goober. He got a little too close into my "personal space" he keeps saying he wants to be friends... a little too much. He will be going to the same college as me.. so I'm going to have to figure out how to keep him at arms length. I did get an email from another guy on eharmony I had connected with back in November. He stopped communicating with me after I moved. But then I saw him on eharmony and sent a message saying hi. I got a message back saying he was glad to hear from me. I'm hoping we can at least meet.. I have such a good vibe from his profile I hope he will at least give me a chance.
I know this sounds funny, but I have been reading a lot about manifestation and asking God for what you want in life. So I wrote a letter to Oprah Winfrey. I of course haven't sent it yet. But I want to do a show about people using their creative gifts to improve their lives. Hey, if I'm going to ask for something.. shoot for the moon... right! I still haven't edited the letter enough to send. But I'm working on it. I thought about what would be the most amazing thing I could be doing with my life right now. How could I inspire and help the most people use their creativity to improve their lives... who better than Oprah to make that come true. Anyway, I know I'm out there.

Mel, I love your purse! Good for you on finishing it and not turning it into a UFO. (unfinished object)

Angela, have you ever had your iron checked? I have heard that people that like to eat ice have an iron deficiency. I'm sure you eat plenty of green veggies, but it just made me think. Good for you on the productive cleaning day. I really need one of those here. But I'll be doing it myself. My mom is pretty lazy.

Tracy, love the poem! Thanks for sharing.

Well, off for a day of sewing. Sooo much to do. Besides, I need to work on that Oprah letter. ;0

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  11:49:31 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
FarmDream~ I’ve heard of brides buying gifts or favors for guests too. Crazy how much there can be even to just a small wedding.
“Atherosclerosis” that may be what mom said Uncle Tom was diagnosed with. She told me that there is a pill the doctor wants her to start taking. My mom has bad panic and anxiety. She is what me and my sister lovingly call a “pill-a-phobe” She researches all medications before she will even think about taking them. Which I will admit has been to her advantage as her doc once prescribed something that was potentially very dangerous to combine with another medicine she was taking. But she also dwells on the side effects and convinces herself that if she takes the new med all these bad things will happen to her. And medical tests or any procedures, those can be a real trip with my mom. We love her and know she can’t help the way she is and I think sometimes it is to her benefit that she is like this, but other times she just makes me a little crazy.
Can’t wait to see your “dream” quilt.

Deb~ When do you start collecting scarves and things for your homeless? I may be able to send a couple your way.

Bunny~ That’s a bummer about the bank. Hope it gets better for you. Man that boss lady is something else. I hope you feel like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders. I wouldn’t be worried about being black balled by the rest of quilt shops in the area. It seems like she probably has quite the reputation and I’m sure you are not the first in the area to be mistreated by her. Just be your lovely self and anyone who doubts you and what really happened will see the truth in time.

Peggy~ We are still planning on getting married in October. Now we are thinking we will go to the courthouse and be married by either the judge or the clerk. The house isn’t quite ready so that will be what may hold us up. In all honesty, yes I am a little nervous about getting married. The kids and I have been on our own for 6 years now. And well I’m a little set in my ways. Df and I have been together for 5 years now and we know each other pretty well, but there’s so much more to people when you share a home and are around each other all the time. Since we don’t live together and he doesn’t stay for extended periods of time, he doesn’t even sleep over; I think we may still have a lot to learn about each other.
Hope you are having a great time with your grand daughter! And I love the pics of those darling grand babies!

Megan~ Sounds like you are having a blast with your grandparents!

Cherime~ Take it easy and hope all is going well.

Elaine~ Congrats on the new job!!!!! Hope your daughter is feeling better.

Penny~ Yeah yoyo’s get easier with practice for sure. I haven’t done yoyo’s in awhile. Hmmm maybe there will be some crafting worked into my schedule later.

Mel~ I don’t think there anything wrong with being proud a job well done. I LOVE that bag! Beautiful job! At the rate I’m going, I probably won’t make it to the Mary Kay seminar next year, but if by some fluke I do I would love to meet up with you! And no I had not heard about the Mary Kay mustangs. Oooooo yeah! I would love one of those! LOL

Today I’ve had the day off. I spent some time this morning working in the back room trying to get it cleaned out and organized. And of course the regular everyday stuff- dishes, laundry, groceries…. I have a little sewing to do later and Caitie has freshman orientation this evening. Well I goobered good last night. I colored my sister’s hair and now I have hair dye all over my hands. I have tried a little of everything, but so far the Fast Orange is working the best.

Yesterday at church our message was about life’s frustrations and I thought of my girlfriends going through tough times. This is the passage-- Ecclesiastes 3:16-4:3.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes%203:16%20-%204:3&version=NIV here’s a link to the passage online. This message really sank in yesterday and I wanted to share it with all of you.

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  4:57:31 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
I am so thankful that today we had much cooler weather. That is a blessing because my day started off with a flat tire and the a/c going out in my van for a third time. So I had the wind blowing through my hair and smiling as I sang to the radio.

Miss Peggy~I brought my fish home from school you know to take care of for my little butterflies but I like them so much I am not taking them back. So for right now no pets in the classroom but we are always doing something with science and things so who knows what we might end up with. Last year I had a little butterfly who wanted us to have a turtle..he is still in my class so we shall see

Melanie~hope you enjoyed your day off.

Megan~classroom is coming along very well. When do you start school dear.

Angela~ I continue to pray for you dear one.

Next week my twins sons will be starting high school. Freshman! and today one began football practice and well I say alot of prayers. HE is not the biggest fellow..but I want him to do what he likes to do. It is hard for this mama to believe they are in high school already.

OUr county fair begans on Thursday and the boys are showing animals everyday but one and I will also be working in our school's food stand as well. It will be busy.

Well ladies I am off to enjoy a few minutes before hubby gets home.

love to you all,
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  7:48:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies. Popping in real quick. Finished work till Saturday. Enjoyed reading all the comments.

Peggy- the article I read was about a woman diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibro. It was her choice instead of taking pain meds and antidepressants. I believe it was in the latest issue of Whole Living. The other article I had read was about the springs here and soldiers with PTSD come and do scuba diving for therapy.

Had a surprise shopping trip at work. The gift shop was having a big clearance sale. I've been in dire need of a new purse but I've been putting it off. I found one in their sale that was $40 marked down to $10.

I'll check in tomorrow. The sleep fairies are here so I'm going to bed.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  9:39:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters!
Peggy, when I was younger, my Mom and I would go to the movies all the time, but now we just watch them on OnDemand or on HBO. Much easier and cheaper!
Angela, it sounds like you had a productive day! I hope all is well for your family!
Bunny, I hope this new guy isn't a dud And I think it's great that you're going to send a letter to Oprah! Who knows, maybe your letter will be one of the ones she reads! I remember when I was 9 or 10, I was insanely obsessed with Daniel Radcliffe from the Harry Potter movies. So I decided to write him a letter. I never sent it, but it was just fun to tell him some of my thoughts! You go girl!
Melanie, I hope you had a relaxing day off
Teacher Tammy, glad to hear your classroom's going well! I start school in two weeks from tomorrow. Ugh, summer flew by WAY too fast for my tastes!
Julie, what a great find!
Today my grandparents had to work, so I went in with them, and it was pretty fun. I was able to help out in the office my Grandpa has, and we went out to dinner together after. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to see my two uncles who live here, but we'll see what the day brings! I hope everyone has totally tubular Tuesdays!
Megan

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page