Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  08:17:42 AM  Show Profile
Mel praying for her.
Kim welcome.
Megan take good care of yourself.
Bunny, yep continue to kill with kindness. Absolutely the best way. Ask and see if there is a photography club either at the college or the high school.
Peg, I am taking an old friend to church with me today and I am praying all goes well for her.
Busy weekend. Managed to get the new fascia boards I installed on Wed. painted repainted my porch. Then found out the the non-paying renter at my sons was available for work. Yipee! a young strong back and hands. Nice young man. Got a layer of OSB on one half of the wall I have been seeing daylight through for several years. Ripped some pine boards for trim and got a full coat of paint on the whole thing. Put up part of the trim and today I am going to nothing more strenuous than lifting a book. I hope to get the rain gutters up next weekend or the other half of the wall covered. On Sat. did a fast freezer shuffle. Took mine to DD and DSL's, loaded theirs and DS and non-paying renter took to their place. Phew! But trying to get all done before the big chill. Changed my filters for my heating fuel line but I am going to need to replace one fitting as it is dripping. That honey do list is going down slowly. Hugs all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  08:27:10 AM  Show Profile
Peggy........about my friend, the original look at the node was negative and then, I guess the Doc went back and looked at it and decided the first diagnosis was wrong........so that is why the chemo and radiation. Her Doc's name is HUH! Yes...HUH. He's at University of Alabama-Birmingham...and she really likes and trusts him. Interesting note.........he was in Argentina for a conference and called her from there to let her know the outcome.

Anyway, thanx everyone she will be blessed to have all your prayers.

Bunny........are the cold caps something they wear during the treatment?

Tammy.......Congrats to you and your boys!

Linda.....can't wait to see and read 'The Help'.

Is there anyone on the porch who grew up with the lifestyle portrayed in the book?

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  11:57:51 AM  Show Profile
Elaine...I love that song "Our God is an Awesome God" and I can't even imagine hearing it sung by 600 students. Gives me goose bumps
just thinking about it. We attend a Mega size Church so we have about 1500 to 2,000 in each service...so, it is pretty awesome to
unite with that many other voices in Praise. Ours is not a Maga Wealthy type Church like you see on TV...we are a Church that draws in the Un-churched and Street People. We are extremely Community Service Oriented. During the Cold Winter Months we take buses into the Streets
and bring back the Homeless and give them a place to sleep and eat. We bought an old KMart Building and that is our Church Bldg. It has 8500
square feet...so we have plenty of room to do Community Out Reach on a fairly large scale. We even go into Portland Oregon which is just across the River and bring their homeless in during the bitter cold weather. Right now we have a team down in Joplin Missouri trying to help them from their devestation. So, we try to do Disaster Ministry too. Our Church is one of those Churches that a lot of Christians would not feel comfortable in. But my husband and I love it! Because they are fulfilling the Biblical Mandate of Going Out and Bringing In the Lost and Needy.
~Yes Elaine...keep your tea pots well protected. When we moved into Sr. Living...I gave most of mine away. Only have two now but I love them. Do you have a very big collection of them?

Kimberly...how nice of that friend of yours to get you all set up. What a blessing! Keep us posted on the composting! I think in Sept. I am going to buy the four tray set up I have been looking at. We don't have property where we can build our own composting unit...so, I need something portable like that.

Mel...I emailed you about your friend.

Cherime...you my friend are beginning to sound like Angela. That to do list of yours would choke a horse. I am glad that your sons room-mate can help you with some of it. You are going to be plum worn-out before fall and winter even get here.

Megan...have fun at Six Flags. Is this the big Summer Hurrah before School starts again? ENJOY!

Well I decided not to walk today. Going to use Sunday as my rest and relaxation day. I did go out and pick beans, peas, and my zuchinni
balls. Gave one to my neighbor...as he was so awed by them. I froze the peas and beans but I am thinking that Zuchinni Bread kind of sounds yummy. If I can find some energy (as I am pretty worn out reading Cherime Honey do List. lol)
Well, I think I am going to go read for awhile. Have a glorious day My Porchies and if I make some zuke-bread I will leave some on the Porch for you later.

Have a blessed and glorious Sunday,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 14 2011 12:04:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  5:54:38 PM  Show Profile
I don't know where the time goes ladies, but I think I have most of the addresses I need to send the ornaments from the swap we started last December.
I'm also the tea swapper for August. Everything should be in the mail Tuesday! Yea! Thank you for your patience.
Things have been maddening around here for many weeks (months actually it seems). I think of you often and look forward to a time when I can relax on the porch with you again.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  6:57:05 PM  Show Profile
Mel, it is a company called Penquin cold caps. Check it out. I have had a few ladies talk about it and say it worked for them.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  7:28:33 PM  Show Profile
Staci.... love your verse. I've always enjoyed this verse and actually have a clock with it on it now. Cherish that clock. What's a tea swapper?

PeggyAnn.... my worm farm is very portable. It's made out of very small tupperware type totes (like you find in walmart, target etc. They come in all sorts of sizes from small to enormous. Just need to make sure they aren't see through as the worms like it dark). I looked at the tier ones online and thought they sounded great (and I'd still like to have them so if you get the chance to get them let me know how it works out) but didn't have an extra $100 bill laying around so went with this version. The fact that she so generously gave me everything was a blessing indeed. I'm all excited and want to check on them all the time. Silly, I'm no better than my preschoolers!!!

Separated goats today and put up panels to make a nice little area for my rabbits. I'm going to go out once the children are in bed and spray some vinegar water to see if I can control the flies. We've got a Bolthouse carrot factory near by and their water pits seem to attract a plague version of flies. But atleast we're not eaten alive by mosquitos around here.

Wish all you ladies were close enough to come to my place for tea party. I'd so love to use my beautiful tea set but no one around here seems interested. My 3 year old daughter loves tea parties, however, so I'm hoping to get all dressed up fancy and take her to a tea house some day soon for a momma/daughter date. We have tea parties at home with nice herbal mint tea. Good for her tummy and she loves it with honey.

Hugs,

Kimberly

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  7:31:54 PM  Show Profile
PS forgot to mention. Made homemade tortillas for supper tonight. My husband is from Northern Mexico AKA California and loves Mexican food. They turned out pretty good but I think next time I'll add some lime juice and see if I can't improve on the recipe. Anyone else like to make stuff like that from scratch rather than buy it at the store?

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  7:54:37 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly- I read Worms Eat My Garbage a couple weeks ago. I got it at the library. A very good resource for worm composting. Not a big book either. I've seen those fancy tiered worm bins too and they look so nice. I'm not sure I could get DH to go for it. However...I did mention it would be a great project if DD had to participate in the science fair this year.

Done working till next Sunday. It was a crazy day at work but it ended well. 7 more days till school starts. DH and I are already planning a romantic lunch date. woo woo... Have a good night.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  9:15:19 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
I just wanted to post before I went to bed. I hope that you had a great and blessed Sunday. Tonight all animals, children, hubby are home and the fair has come to a close for another year. But it was beautiful weather and many blessings. I don't think I will forget this one for a long time.

Bunny~we are going to show his steer at our state fair and one other show unless he would do well at state fair then he has to be sold at the auction. But by end of September he will be sold. We will be sad..we get very attached to them over the months we work with them. But we are never without animals for long.

Elaine~forgot to wish you a happy anniversary yesterday.

Peggy~ The book "the help" is very good. I have it on my nook and couldn't put it down. I am like you..have to read the book before I see movie. Cant wait until movie comes to my neck of the woods. I loved what you said about dancing in your worship. isn't that just how it should be? I love when we have our chapel services at school and i see all the butterflies of our school singing..that is just awesome.

Well it is very late and my tea is gone so off to bed I go as tomorrow will be here before i know it.
I left you some strawberry lemonade ...I know hard to believe it is not tea...to enjoy.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  08:00:43 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Gals. I awoke to 70 degrees, gray, sprinkling and breezy. Yup....feel just like fall. Not complaining though.
Kimberly...last December I started a "TeaBags" Tea Swap. It runs 12 months, 12 girls volunteered(1 per month) to send their favorite tea out to the other girls along with any tea trivia, little tuck-ins and what-not! So far we've had some interesting teas, poetry, and other tidbits sent. It's been fun. I'll probably have another one for next year, since we had more people show interest in it after it was closed. Keep your eyes open.
DH is home today, who knows what we'll get into. Maybe not much since it's raining!
Have a great day Gals.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  08:50:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi all -

I just got back from a week's road trip vacation last night - so today is "jet lag" day! I had to go to work, but at home the laundry is piled high and the suitcases are in the middle of the floor. Guess I'll catch up in a day or two! We had a wonderful time driving all through New England - ending up at my Mom's place in Vermont the last 3 days.

Sounds like everyone has been busy - I'll catch up on reading what you have all been up to in a few days.

Hugs to all!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  09:50:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Not much to say today....but hello all...I hope everyone has a great week.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  12:18:39 PM  Show Profile
.....I know what you mean girls....I was just thinking yesterday...how busy I've (we've ALL) been and how we jump on, leave a few wishes, prayers and giggles, and we're off again. I was thinking of late Fall & Winter when we'll have more time to chat....I CAN'T WAIT!!! *giggle*
Love Ya Girls
***(Really missing Darlene! LoveYa, LoveYa, LoveYa Girlfrind!!!)***

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 15 2011 12:20:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  12:37:39 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly...yes, I hope to squeeze out the bucks to get one of those 4 tiered systems for composting. I might have to save for a couple
of months but I think it will be worth it. I know it will in the long run.

Judy...we are all kind of jumping on and jumping off and trying to stay connected through these busy summer months. But it is so
worth the effort. Yes, fall will be nice when everyone gets back to a normal schedule and we can chat longer.

Luanne...glad that you had a good holiday and enjoyed yourselves. Hey, those suitcases aren't going anywhere...they will wait for
you. That is what I have learned to think about housework...hey, if I don't accomplish it today...it will be here for me tomorrow
because the housework fairy isn't coming to do it for me.

Penny...Hello and hugs right back at ya!

Madame Butterfly...glad to hear that you liked "The Help"...I decided to use that for my September Read in my Reading Group.

Julie...your schools start early. Our schools start in early September and then run until the 3rd week of June. When I was a kid
we got a full 3 months summer vacation but they only get a bit over 2 months these days.

Well My Porchies...leaving you some zuchinni bread and sweet tea on the porch. It is good rain or shine.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  5:39:32 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies. I had a pretty good day. I got DH and DD motivated to help clean house so we knocked it out quick. DH went off to work. I made laundry soap for the market tomorrow. I helped DD work on some of her workbook pages. I got them in the $1 section at Target and DD just loves them. They aren't too hard for her and she feels proud when she can do the work. I also took a nap today which doesn't happen very often.

Bunny- I have the top, batting, and backing put together and now I'm hand quilting. It looks nice on top and terrible on bottom. I'm going to look at some youtube and see if I can learn how to do this. The book I got still sounds confusing. I'm thinking maybe I should have machine quilted it. One good thing is that I remembered there used to be a quilt shop in town but they moved to a town about 20 minutes away. I'm going to go there this week and I'm sure they have classes or can point me in the right direction. So when I'm done you can see the front but I'm not showing you the back! Lol

Have a good evening ladies

Julie

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  8:43:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi sisters!
Cherime, I definitely will take good care of myself!
Peggy, your church sounds awesome! And we definitely used it as a last hurrah!
Kimberly, your daughter sounds adorable!
Luanne, glad to see you're back safely! I hope you had a good trip!
Julie, I'm glad you had a good day.
I hope everyone's doing well. Sunday was a lot of fun. I was able to spend time with a few of my friends who I have not seen all summer, and we had an amazing day together. We're all itching for school to start though! Then today I babysat in the morning, then I spent time with my best friend in the afternoon. It was a good day! Tomorrow's rugby, then only 8 days until sophomore year starts! I hope everyone has wonderful Tuesdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  10:46:14 PM  Show Profile
megan - Thanks! My baby girl is adorable, even if I am biased. You should see her with her hair french braided and her fancy dresses that Grandma made for her. SO CUTE! And I think her eyes are turning green like mine, my father's, my grandmother's, my great grandfather's....well you get the picture. My son has chocolate brown eyes and I always tell him they look yummy. :)

So my back is ticked at me tonight. I don't think I even did anything serious enough to make it mad. Just life I guess. Hit by a drunk driver 10 years ago and I'll live with the pain the rest of my life. Think I'll find some helichrysum and slather my back with it.

Drove 1 1/2 hours today so that my children could have swim lessons for 25 minutes. Ridiculous I know but they have to learn to swim. Did it four days last week and get to do it four days this week so my fuel bill is going to be way over budget. But it's a worthy cause so I'm confident it will all work out. Somehow God always blesses us even when my accounting says it won't work.

Super excited about tomorrow night. My Heirloom Home Arts group is having an ice cream social and I get to go because my husband is available to look after the kids!!! I'm going to make some of my homemade ice cream and take it along. We're going to have a show and tell of things we've made or are making. Should be a great time. These ladies are great.

Rest well all,

Kimberly

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  08:29:12 AM  Show Profile
Sunday was very good as I was able to take a friend with me to church who really is seeking.
In the afternoon I replaced the upstream holder for one of the Goldenrod filters in my heating fuel line. It had developed a seep when I changed out the filters on Saturday. So last night I attempted to turn on the heater to take the chill off and lo and behold the silly thing would not come on. The one in the other side of the house worked just fine but not mine. God is so good and just took over. I took the silly thing apart and just started working the petcock to bleed the heater. I bled it until there was just a few bubbles and then turned it on. I remembered how my DH would watch the flame when opening the valve and as soon as it flared quickly shut it down and reopen it for a few seconds until the fuel ran clear and there were no more bubbles. Thank God the silly thing now works without any money to the heater guy and before I really needed it badly.
Well ladies have a good day all and God Bless.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  10:18:26 AM  Show Profile
Just passing by and wondered --- Anymore room on the porch? I've got lemon bars. I'd love to drop by next week.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  10:51:47 AM  Show Profile
Darlsy...Welcome farmgirl...there is always room on The Porch! Drop by any time...this is the Place to be! We come here to Share Life with each other. We laugh, we cry, we vent, we encourage, we support each other and just love on one another. And nobody that brings food, ever
gets turned away! LOL

Cherime...mercy girl, you are one resourceful woman. You attempt things I would never have the nerve to. I highly respect women who can
throw on the tool-belt and actually know what they are doing.

Kimberly...back problems are the worst. I can't tell you how many times my husband and I have been rearended over the past 26 yrs.
One period of time...we were hit 3 time in a month and a half. One guy was talking on his cellphone, one lady was a hit and run,
and one kid was 16 and a new driver. Anyway...we have been hit so many times that my husband has physical problems going
to the bathroom because of it. His Dr. says one more time and it will totally destroy the function in that area. So, it is not
fun and games. I am so sorry that you were hit by a drunk driver. That is awful! I am happy to say that is one type of person we
have yet to be hit by and hope we never are. I have seen some very serious accidents...were the only one not hurt is the drunk.

Julie...what kind of laundry soap do you make? Good for you getting the family to help pitch in and do the housework. That never
happens at my house. My kids are all raised an on their own...and husband has never been good at cleaning and helping around the
house.

Megan...7 days left until school start huh? We know it's close when you start counting down the days. LOL

Bunny...you still hiding out in the basement and sewing up a storm?

Well...I have some Farmgirl Projects to get done...so I am off for now, back later.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 16 2011 10:54:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  1:04:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

I've been a busy woman! I've thrown a birthday dinner, cleaned the house top to bottom, threw out 2 roadside trash cans full of broken and ruined stuff, donated enough stuff to completely fill the back of the truck, returned everyone's 'lost' stuff I found at my house, rearranged all of my kitchen, and cleaned out the freezers of all the freezer burnt and forgotten food. The dog ate like a king for the last 5 days on that stuff!

The party was for my now 17y/o DD. You can so tell she's pregnant! She said she wanted meatloaf and milkshakes! I guess I should just be glad it wasn't meatloaf milkshakes!!LOL!

I am so much happier with the way the house looks now. I will reclaim it and my life before the end of the year. I have a few more boxes of things to get packed up and out of here. I still have some of my in-laws decorations around the house and a closet full of their pictures and paintings, but Hubby will have the apartment for her done in about a month and the closet will be emptied and converted to my new pantry! YEA!! The decorations will be moved to the basement just as soon as I get them boxed up. I am startin to feel more relaxed in this house and bein stuck here so much doesn't feel so much like a prison sentence. I have a schedule for the girls and me to follow so the housework nevers piles up and it won't consume the whole day. It's gettin close to the calmer life I need.

Next year will be the garden and the yard. I have given up on both this year. I am growin stuff inside and will replant only the super simple root veges in the garden. I am tryin to limp us through the winter and I have told everyone that I won't be able to support the lot of them this winter. I have a few people who are startin a savings jar and will use that to help me keep my grandparents and my aunt goin, but everyone else is on their own. I will have extra and be able to help more next year, but this year I am focusin on me and my family first. I will put in a few weeks work cleanin up the garden and plantin the peas and such that I want to leave over winter for early spring sproutin, but I am a driven and focused woman for now!

Well, I am off to get back at it. I still have a lot to do and I have chicken marinatin for dinner. Yogurt honey chicken salad anyone? It's super good!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  6:00:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi All! It's been a busy few days for me, anniversary, birthday, wood floors sanded, stained and sealed. I hope to be back in my house tomorrow.The cleaning of the sanded dust is almost making me weep. Then in two weeks, inside painting of the house. It should be all ship and shape for the beginning of school here - The day after Labore Day. Hopefully I will be able to chat more tomorrow night! Love to all!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  7:38:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Kimberly, your daughter sounds like a little girly girl through and through!
Darlys, of course we have room for you here! It's good to see you from the Reading thread:)
Peggy, it definitely is getting close! I'm pretty excited! I hope your fibro isn't getting you too badly lately.
Angela, I'm glad that things are going well for you! I hope that your indoor gardening endeavors go well.
Elaine, it sounds like a busy few days for you!
Today was a really good day. I babysat in the morning, then my best friend and I biked back to my house to go swimming! It was the perfect afternoon for it, too. It was warm and sunny, which is definitely my type of weather. Then I finally started my rugby season! One of my coaches actually talked to my parents and I, and depending on how things work out, I might just practice in the fall. I would be a part of the team, but I would focus on keeping my knee safe and keeping it strong for the spring season. But it was only the first practice, so it was just put on the table as an option. I'll have to go back to the orthopedic surgeon! I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  7:45:51 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
been so busz with work and garden and swaps
then i threw a birthday party for my nieces 21st..and spent the week with her
before she went back to college..
it finally stopped raining today..my grass is a lovely green
after those burning hot days of 90 plus.
ANGELA sounds like you really worked hard..
Elaine your a busy bee too wow all the work..i had my floors sanded and they used a dustless system
wow i had no dust..it was great.i need to paint soon just waiting for cooler weather.
Darlsy welcome to the porch you will love it here its relaxed and friendly..
well baking to do..
prayers for all
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  9:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Wow Porchies,
There sure are a lot of birthday parties going on this week, August is a busy birthday month..my oldest Sons was on the 5th. Seems everyone has been so busy. Myself, I planted iris' I got from another farmgirl. Had to wet the ground to be able to get the holes dug since we haven't had any rain. Been enjoying hanging my cloths on the lines since it was put up. Picked some of my speckled butter beans today, have a lot more to pick and put up..but so glad to have them. I would like to thank all of the one's that has said prayer for our real estate business. We have a closing sometime the first of Sept. Please keep us in your prayers that it goes through. It is amazing how slow the business has been.

Judy, busy, busy, busy...lol

Peggy, I like the idea of the worm composting. I might have to check into that.Thanks for the zuchinni bread and sweet tea. I see that you mentioned Julie making home made laundry soap. I have started making it to about 4 months ago. I love it.

FarmDream, please post a pic of the quilt we you are finished. I am going to attempt to make a faux chennille baby blanket for a good friends shower...hope it turns out ok. Sometimes I wish I lived closer to a big town that had stores like Target. We have a Dollar General, Family Dollar , Fred and Maxway in the little town I live...happy about that.

Megan sounds like you are having a great couple of weeks before school starts back. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Kimberly, Sorry to hear about your back...seems like a few of us have the same kind of problems...I sure hope it gets better soon. I think it is great that you are taking the time and gas to be sure your children learn to swim. I think it is so important. Hope you had fun at your heirloom home arts group.

Cherime, Glad you had a good Sunday. Great on fixing your heater...you should be very proud of yourself.

Darlys, Welcome, glad to have you. Come by anytime, there are some great ladies here. Thanks for the lemon bars.

Angela, Wow have you been busy, makes me tired just reading your post..lol Super sure sounds good..yummy!

Elaine, You have been so busy too..wow..hope you get back in your house tomorrow too.

Deborah, I can't believe you also threw a birthday party too...so many ladies have done that this week.. I sure wish we had some of your rain here. We haven't had any in awhile now.

It's bedtime for me...been kind of busy myself today...so going to sleep on my nice clean line dried sheets. Hope everyone has a great evening.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page