Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  11:44:28 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies,
I thought I would join ya here on the porch with my tea and brought along some chooolate chip scones. It is sunny here in Nebraska. I am enjoying that after going so long without it.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  12:04:27 PM  Show Profile
It's cold and clear this afternoon on the porch in MS. I have a bowl of hot chili and cornbread in one hand and my laptop in the other. I am wrestling with my 2 Jack Russells for the bowl of food! No laundry on Sunday to hang out, and I double feed my animals to have a Sabbath break!!!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  12:29:01 AM  Show Profile
Julie,thanks!Gumbo,sounds great and I LOVE baked sweet potatoes!Thank you for praying for me...it's nice to know that someone who we've never even met cares enough to pray for our needs. god bless!
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  05:37:48 AM  Show Profile
I brought my crocheting. Also here are some toasted bagels with raspberry preserves. I love sitting here on the porch. I've been watching the cardinals, juncos, mourning doves and chickadees, a nice variety this morning.
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  07:07:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Good morning ladies! How about some nice hot MaryJanes Farm Scones! I whipped up a few from her mix- yummy! And here is some hot chocolate and hot apple cider!

I am working on tatting today!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  08:16:11 AM  Show Profile
It's beautiful on my porch this morning. The laundry is hanging in the breeze and I can smell the cinnimon rolls cooking in the oven. I am missing the snow here in MS. It covers everything and makes it look new!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  09:33:06 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Alee! Scones and hot chocolate sound divine. I am having to fast today due to surgery this evening, glad I can enjoy these scones on the porch. I think I'll have two! And then maybe one of Michelle's cinnamon rolls! Virtual eating, love it!!!!!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  12:15:11 PM  Show Profile
oh pass me some scones I will have some this afternoon with my tea. Julia praying for your surgery to go well.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  12:29:52 PM  Show Profile
I like the idea of scones. Maybe I will make some for breakfast in the morning. Julia I will put you in my prayers for tommorrow. It got overcast, in comes the wash...

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  04:52:04 AM  Show Profile
Marla, I loved your story! If you don't mind, I'm gonna add 'bocka bocka' to my fridge as a reminder. Lately it seems like all I've done is work and worry. I think I'm overdue for a little fun and laughter! I missed the moon too, unfortunately. Just too busy. Which means, I'm just plain TOO busy and need to get my priorities straightened out. I'll start with the first one. Somebody pass that breakfast casserole and those scones, please. I'm gonna pour a big ol' glass of fresh squeezed oj, grab me a rocker and a good book, and just chill. Sorry ladies. I'll catch the next bike ride next go 'round!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  05:42:29 AM  Show Profile
Good morning gals! I would love some of those scones if there are any left. I'm bringing a basket of blueberry muffins. Have a great Groundhog's day!
Marcie

Go to Top of Page

friotowngirl
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Cynthia
Pearsall Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  05:50:52 AM  Show Profile  Send friotowngirl a Yahoo! Message
The porch is cold and wet. So it's the couch, laptop, and really good coffee!!

Simply Thankful,
Cynthia
http://friotowngirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  09:23:59 AM  Show Profile
Woke up to snow that just stopped a while ago. I was going to go out but this lady does not drive during snowstorms. I did it once in 2006 and ended up in a 27 car pileup and a month in the hospital. I have no desire to repeat that episode!

Alee, you said you were tatting. Are you doing the traditional shuttle style or needle tatting? Either one is always so dainty and lovely. Lessons would be great.

Any tea left and a scone would be fantastic. How about someone passing a seed catalog my way. I love to dream my way through them.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  09:25:33 AM  Show Profile
My porch was misty and cold this morn, one of those that a hot mug of coffee almost does not help. The rain is coming, I can smell it on the breeze.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  09:42:58 AM  Show Profile
I hang wash this morning and had a coffee. It's another beautiful day in MS. I didn't get to make scones this morning but I had some great eggs.

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  10:10:24 AM  Show Profile
Coffee and scones! Sigh! Sounds great. LoL who am I kidding, coffee and anything sounds good right now. Need these few moments to relax, pray, look at nature before starting in on the rat race. And I swear the rats are getting faster. Or is it me getting slower. I enjoyed my rest time. Rats bring it on!

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  7:38:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Nancy- I needle tat- I must say that shuttle tatting baffles me! There is a really active tatting thread over at the stitching and crafting room- come join in the fun!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  05:30:00 AM  Show Profile
After passing by and seeing all of you, I just had to come over. Is there room for one more? I won't take up too much space. I just need a spot where I can see all the farmgirls' beautiful faces and enjoy sweet conversation. I'll bring some strong coffee with chickory and homemade cinnamon rolls.

The view from my porch this morning is a frustrating one......dogs have strewn trash all over! So, in the words of Scarlet O'Hara, "I'll think about that tomorrow".

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  05:40:25 AM  Show Profile
It is good to see you Catherine.
I'm entranced by the tatting, too. Have a few shuttles, but can't seem to make my left hand do its job right. Maybe someday I'll find someone to show me.

The snow flurries will keep me in the sunroom this morning.

Marcie

Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  08:43:47 AM  Show Profile
Another nice morning in MS! Went to the stock yard this morning. An old man gave my little girl the most beautiful apple! I am taking this minute to finish my coffee and take in the breeze with all of you!!

Michelle

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  12:35:29 PM  Show Profile
I'll have another cup of coffee. I've been super busy in my yard, so I'll just sit and listen to y'all chat. Nancy, I'd stay put, too. I wouldn't know how to drive in a snow storm, much less just the snow. LOL.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Downhome CountryGirl
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Sam
Klondike Texas
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  6:59:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Downhome CountryGirl a Yahoo! Message
Well Ladies,
All the food sounds great and I must say the calorie free is even better. I've telling myself that I'm going on a diet that I desprately need, but the fact that I love food keeps haunting me. My diets have been more of a seefood diet and no I didn't misspell it really I see food I want it. Anyway I've enjoyed reading and catching up on the days that I've missed, speaking of missing something I would really like to see some pictures of that bike ride. And when your through with the seed catalog pass it my way but first anybody got any ideas on a large homemade green house. I'm not sure that a floating garden would be easier to create. The Almanac says there's a lot more rain to come this growing season and it wasn't wrong for the winter. But I'm working on that greenhouse I enjoy those home grown vegis. way to much to miss this season or let them drowned. Any way I'm sure enjoying the sun and nice breeze here on the porch, I think I'll try a scone if there is any left.
Go to Top of Page

friotowngirl
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Cynthia
Pearsall Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  7:39:15 PM  Show Profile  Send friotowngirl a Yahoo! Message
Homemade green house--my mom takes large cattle panels and bends them like a tunnel and covers it with plastic. The ends of the panel will sink into the ground and if you attach two you can walk in it. After the drought we have had in South Texas we are glad for the rain, I couldn't even have a garden last year. I do love the rain beating down on my tin roof! Coffee and the sound of rain--
AWWWW!

Simply Thankful,
Cynthia
http://friotowngirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  06:03:23 AM  Show Profile
We used discarded double glass windows on the east, south and west with an oval glass in the door. The north side is done with boards as that is the coldest side. Inside we have built shelves and have a huge bakers rack in there. Works for us.
Marcie

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  06:31:36 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All!
It's wonderfully comforting to be sitting here with y'all on this,the anniversary of my sister's death. Although it was 28 years ago, it still feels like yesterday. I love knowing I have sisters from all over the world to sit and enjoy the view with. I'll go make a fresh pot of coffee for everyone.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page