Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  10:19:20 PM  Show Profile
I am so elated to know that the Porch is still going strong. Happy, happy, happy.
I shall have a hot cup of dark hot coffee and just sit on the porch and listen.
It's nice to be back.
349 pages to read about the Porch. Heavens I love it.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  01:26:05 AM  Show Profile
A big thank you to all the ladies with gardening suggestions. I've gardened my whole life but I don't consider myself a GARDENER. I'm some who grows food to feed my family. So I appreciate your input on ways to do that more efficiently. With my back injury I have to find a way to grow the most food with the least hoeing. :)

A big thank you too for all the comments on my children and the encouragement about my house not being a perfect house. For me housework isn't my first priority. My children and my livestock come first, they breath and have needs. Obviously looking after my home is important too but if something else comes up it can wait to be dusted...... Now that my son is old enough to help with vacuuming and such it might help keep the messes down seeing as how he's the one making the mess, he might as well learn that it takes work to clean it up!

Judy - It is a cowboy apron. It was matching fabric to a quilt I made. I come from a line of cowboys and love all things western/horse related. I made the apron for myself (it was one of those patterns that's already to cut out and hem so don't go thinking I'm any kind of a seamstress!) but the first time my son saw it he claimed it (he's a cowboy too!) He has a habit of doing that. Lets see he claimed my horse Nevada, pretty sure the registration papers had my name on them..... and pretty much anything else that's mine and cowboyish. :)

Our little church is starting up a children's program. The lady in charge is "blaming" me for it all starting up. You see the church is very small and the only other family with children in it were moving which meant that my children would be the only children in the church. Not a big deal I guess, except we're homeschooling and church was one of the times my children could actually spend with other children. So I mentioned in passing one day that we loved attending the church and didn't have any desire to leave but if my kids were going to be the only ones there we'd have to go in search of a church where my kids would have interaction with others. Well they're starting a children's church program now and since they've been contacting folks in the area they've discovered that there were lots of families that would gladly attend but there was nothing for children there. And there was nothing for children there because there were no children attending. So they've decided to just start something and after making a few phone calls she's discovering that people are excited about it and willing to help make it work! So I guess I'm going to be one of the teachers. A few of us ladies will take turns so we only have to do it once or twice a month. This way we still get to attend church service during the month too. I'm really excited at how the Lord appears to be working it all out. And thankful that we don't have to leave a church body we feel so comfortable in.

Today was a glorious day. Didn't get anything done that I was hoping to accomplish but we had a fantastic day doing other things. First there were missionaries in Church service today and they were truly interesting to hear from. Then we had a family come over to visit so my children were in their glory having kids to play with all day. Everyone awwed over the puppies born the night before, and after we'd gone over the homeschooling books the mother wanted to see I took all the kids for rides on my horse. HAPPY children. I may have struck a bargain; the older girl is horse crazy just like me and wants to ride so badly. Sooooo we might just trade babysitting for riding lessons on my horse. I'm NOT a professional horse person but I am a natural rider who can show the basics on how to be safe and have fun and it gets her on a horse; and not just any horse, we're talking a registered, show worthy Peruvian Paso!!! All in all it was a great day. I got to share something I'm passionate about; the schooling of my children, my children got to spend some time with other children and make friends, and I got to help a girl who dreams about horses spend some time with one. Pretty content. So how come I can't sleep?????

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  08:20:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Marly, Nice to meet you...My Mom was from Louisiana and I still have family there. Last time I visited was in 2006 after my Momma died. I used to go there with the family every summer...It is a great place and I miss it and my family.

Kimberly, My Momma told me that she used to keep a spotless house till my Daddy went to the Korean war. She realized what was important while he was gone was spending time with him and us. She said a house is justa a place and a HOME is a place where you live and love with your family. Don't worry what others say...I don't...Momma used to say. "I can live here everyday. and if they don't like the way it looks when they come to visit, then they don't have to come visit." So glad you had a great day. I homeschooled my youngest, years ago, he is 30 now...it was a great time for both of us. I love the quote you use..Excuse the mess and the noise, my children are making happy memories....Have a great day.

Lot of things happened this weekend and now I got lots to do today. Got a letter from a recover company about some stock from my Momma's estate. I got the paperwork, boy do they make it hard to recover lost stuff...Will take me sometime to get it all filled out and sent in because of the complicated forms. I tell ya my Momma had stuff everywhere...bless her. We already got the stock from this company once right after her death, but this is some we didn't know about...

Hope everyone has a great week.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  11:25:34 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly, girl, you couldn't sleep because you were all wound up from an exhilerating day!! hahaha Good for you! We all need to lose sleep once in awhile because it was a "Happy-Day" lol We sure do lose enough due to sad days! Right?
I'd love to see a pic of your horse. Is it a paso-fino? Whata great trade you made for horse-riding lessons!
Your little church sounds a lot like one that I use to go to. We always had missionaries come to visit and it it was very small. My sister home-schooled her 5 kids too and church was their only social outlet, besides a few neighborhood kids. Some of those neighbor kids were wild...so that was limited too.I think it's wonderful that your church has found a way to include more children in their services. Getting the Gospel out there, that's what it's all about!
Where were your missionaries from? Just curious! We had some from Haiti, Peru, Old Mexico and I've probably forgotten some.
Well, it's another gorgeous day/75/sunny & breezy...gonna go enjoy the day the Lord hath made!!
Make it a great day Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  11:30:34 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon my sweet porchies,
Just thought I would pop in as I have afternoon tea. tomorrow is my first day back to school with my little butterflies. I will have 14 this year...8 second graders and 6 third graders. I can't wait to see them. I have missed them and I am ready to be on a routine well...except the long commute...but I am praying on that and I thank yall for praying too.

Today I finished up some projects here before going back to work..always takes me a bit to get back into working full time and balancing life here on the farm as well.

Staci..got your tea...haven't had a chance to try it yet. Judy I got my chocolate tea from Harney and son's and also I get it from Adagios as well. I have to have my chocolate fix.

Well ladies I am going to enjoy the rest of the afternoon. Check in later.

love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  12:49:16 PM  Show Profile

Well Kimberly, here is my little cowgirl (grand-daughter) on her Quarter Horse! LOL
That is very cool that you could swap riding lessons for babysitting. That's Farmgirl Barter
for you!

Marly...Welcome back to the Porch. Where you been??? Doesn't matter, just glad your are back.
Hope you will come often and enjoy sitten a spell and chatting with us Porchies.

Judy...Texas Turtle Coffee I purchase at the World Market. It is a Rich Creamy, Carmel flavor Coffee
laced with Chocolate and Pecan flavors. It tastes and smells like you are Eating Turtle Candy or some
places call them Turtle Cookies. It Yummy!!!

Madame Butterfly Tammy...can't wait to hear all about your new butterflies this year. Do you know that
I still get excited every year when the school supplies go on sale? I go right down those isles stocking
up on pens and paper and note books and anything new or fun that I can use in my home office. I just
feel like a kid again when I do. And I love all the colored pencils, and regular pencils and purple ink-pens,
and color crayons (I still color...I love to color in coloring books). My grand-daughters think I keep them
on hand just for them when they are here. Nope...they're mine and I just let them use them. hee hee!

Pam...dreams are free. Too bad you don't live in Texas. We have a Farm Sister trying to give away a very cool
old Victorian Farmhouse...if someone will just move it off her property. I've been dreaming about that place
all summer. I keep going back to her posts and drooling over the picture of the house. If I were younger and lived
in her area I would take it in a heart beat. I am all about Victorian and I am a Farmergirl wanna-be...it would
be perfect.

Penny...I was such a perfectionist when I was a young mother. It was terrible. I grew up in a perfectionist household and
I unfortunately stressed myself and my entire family out...trying live my mother's demands...and expecting my children to
also. I had to finally ask God to cure me of that...and I'm thinking now that maybe He did too good of a job because most
days I could care less. I figure if I don't get it done today it will still be here tomorrow. There is nobody else that is
going to do it for me. :+)

Today I get to go to my second favorite antique store in the area. My husband has a Dr. appointment today and
while he is there I will be browsing and enjoying a lovely afternoon. Then I will probably pop on over to
a really sweet little Gelato Shop and have a bit of indulgence there too. I so love days like today...when I
get to go out and play.

I leave you with this little message today: "Give From Your Heart"

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 22 2011 12:52:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  4:39:14 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Pam...dreams are free. Too bad you don't live in Texas. We have a Farm Sister trying to give away a very cool old Victorian Farmhouse...if someone will just move it off her property. I've been dreaming about that place all summer. I keep going back to her posts and drooling over the picture of the house. If I were younger and lived in her area I would take it in a heart beat. I am all about Victorian and I am a Farmergirl wanna-be...it would be perfect. Peggy
Peggy - that would be so perfect in so many ways! I love the old Victorian style houses - too bad Texas is just too far away from the US/Canada border...although could you imagine trying to get that through customs? haha That might be a trial, eh?
quote:
Pam, you should check out the tiny house blog. I have been checking it out for a long time now. They blog about small houses... like really small. Some under 400 square feet. I know you do meters.. ummm that would be about 37 square meters. I have seen houses under 600 square feet or a little over 55 square meters that I could totally live it and feel very comfortable. They aren't cheap of course, costs more per square foot (or meter). But still cheaper than a large house. Check out www.tinyhouseblog.com. Maybe you'll find something that will inspire you. One of my favorites is Texas tiny houses and Reclaimed space. Both are in Texas, but the houses they build especially on the inside are really amazing. Bunny
Bunny - those are adorable houses! I really like the Timber Frame Cottage one....will have to keep my eyes & ears open :). Thanks for sharing that link :). Not quite sure I want to live that small, but it is definitely something to think about! Oh & we do houses in square feet (not that it really means a whole lot to me lol, I'm not good at numbers and/or spacing...that's why there are tape measures, pencils & papers to draw on!). The apartment I'm living in now isn't that big & I find I have too much stuff/not enough storage space for what I do want/have. (Don't ask me the square footage, as I have no idea lol).
quote:
Pam, that would be so cool if you could move onto the farm! I hope you're able to do it! Megan
Megan, I talked to my Mom last night & she's kind of against me moving out there at any point in the near future...she thinks I'll turn into some kind of hermit lol...but really, it can't be worse than it is now, so I don't know. Once I do move out there and/or winter starts, I'm going to be driving to work anyways, 1st & 3rd Mondays are Kinette meetings, 1st Tuesdays are staff meetings, 2nd Tuesdays are Ebenezer group, Wednesdays are ceramics....Meh, whatever. Summers are way less structured, but still busy. I still have a lot of thinking & planning to do on it anyways...What I would like to do is be able to take the summer off to focus on gardening, canning/freezing etc. We'll see what happens :).

I think I'm going to watch some Dr Quinn tonight & go to bed early...I was going to go early last night, but Mom phoned & talked for 45 minutes. This is my last week of work for the summer - next week I get to go on holidays - woohoo! Rather excited to be going camping - hopefully mostly by myself. I need just a quiet little break for a bit.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010

Edited by - 22angel on Aug 22 2011 4:47:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  5:03:41 PM  Show Profile
Pam your mention of the farm and living there reminds me of a book I read called "Bad Girl Creek". It is about a handicapped woman in a wheelchair that inherits her aunts flower farm in the "carmel by the sea" area. She ends up with other women needing homes and a bit of healing and they all work together to make the farm successful. If nothing else, read the book and get inspired. Never know where it can take you. It is a great story too. There are I think 3 more books in the series.

Anyway, Had a wonderful day teaching. My bank is being terrible dishonest in dealing with my short sale. They are refusing to qualify me for a program to give me money for moving out. They say I haven't lived in the house for the last 12 months. It is a lie of course. They even had a man out at the house taking pictures to prove I was there. I met him. But they won't even allow their own evidence. I truly wish God would take them down. I can't believe what they have put me through and the money it has cost me to play their game. I could have started over with new store with the money they have forced me to spend for nothing.

Other than that... live is just grand.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  5:09:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I was so ticked off at the bank I forgot to tell you all the good news. I got a call from the local TV station owner. She was interested in talking to me about possibly doing a quilt show. The kicker.... and I need help big time on this. It has to pertain to Christan values. I need scripture that I can match up to current organizations in the sewing and quilting world to show how it is being used. I can do a segment on quilts with Christan themes. But I know there are so many wonderful groups that help girls in Haiti sew and earn money for their families. There are ladies all over the US that make blankets for the homeless. There are ladies and guilds that donate supplies to tornado and hurricane victims. Not to mention quilts made for kids by the Linus project and St Judes. I will do my best to work on it myself. But I'm hoping to have at least 3 scriptures pertaining to the generosity and Christian values shown by quilters and sewers in general. Thanks big time!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  7:35:18 PM  Show Profile
Genesis 37:3 is about Joseph's coat of many colors. It's up to interpretation but could be considered as a garment made from piecing together different pieces of material. It was given to Joseph by his father Israel because of his great love for his son. Hope this helps.

Pretty sleepy. First day of school. DD loved it. I had to work. Got some goodies from a friend who went to Utah. A flour sack and some bread and dessert mixes. Also a cool knitting pattern. Glad to see everyone hanging in there and not too many problems.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  9:16:40 PM  Show Profile
Hello all!
Julie, I'm glad that your DD liked school. I remember how excited I was when I started going to school. I love looking at all the pictures of me when I was a little girl starting school!
Kimberly, your church sounds great! I'm glad that you had such an awesome day!
Peggy, gelato is hands down my favorite type of frozen treat! We have some great Italian bakeries in the area, if you ever come to Milwaukee, I will definitely take you to get some good gelato!
Tammy, I hope that your school year gets a good start:)
Pam, don't let your Mom discourage your dreams! If I could, I would live on the farm my Grandma grew up on. I think it would be so awesome to live a true farmgirl lifestyle.
Bunny, I'm sorry that the bank is being so mean to you! I don't understand why they're not going to use their own evidence! Such silliness. But I'm glad that you are able to do a show. Now I'm going to try and find scriptures about quilters/generosity!
Today was a great start to the new school year. I had a good check-in, so I know where my new locker is. I had a good meeting for Campus Ministry. Then I was able to walk to my friend's house in between that and rugby pictures. I had rugby pictures. Which was good, except for me kneeling on my cyborg knee was a little painful! Then rugby practice was okay, except we started running hard-core, and I definitely misjudged how far our sprints are! But it'll get better. I hope everyone has beautiful Tuesdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  10:36:04 PM  Show Profile
Megan, I'm not doing the show yet. I still have to convince the owners to do it. But I think if I can show them I can use a quilting show and teach God's words at the same time.. It may be something they will try. I just have to be a good saleswoman..
Sounds like you had a big day getting started in school! I'm sure the rugby team will step up. It takes a while to get back in the swing of things after summer.

Julie, thanks for the suggestion. I will see what I can do to work on that.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  01:26:02 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...I am very tired tonight but had an awesome day today. Slept-in (that always makes for a good start to my day) Got 4 Farmgirl packages ready to mail out,went to my second favorite antique store and found all kinds of fun little treasures. One is a white
rod iron chair like you would find at a Bistro Table. I wanted it for my bathroom so I had somewhere to sit while I put lotion on my legs and feet. Hopping up and down on one leg trying to balance while I apply lotion...isn't the easiest thing to do at my age. lol

Then I treated my husband to a Pizza dinner and Chocolate Cake Dessert. It was great because neither of us had eaten all day...so didn't have to feel guilty over the extra calories. He had to fast for his Dr. appointment today....as they were doing a blood draw also. And
I had just gotten busy and forgotten to eat. It was a terribly humid day though not too hot. I felt more uncomfortable in todays weather than the two 95 degree days we just had. They were hot and dry...which makes a big difference. I hate high humidity. I couldn't live in
some of the states that some of you girls live in. I'd be a limp noodle! ha ha Everyday. And a cranky limp noodle at that.

Megan...I didn't get my gelato...like I was hoping for today. By the time I got to the Shoppe they were already closed. But yes, if I ever make it to Milwaukee or you to Washington...we will have to go out for Gelato together. You are a girl after my own heart!

Bunny...I wish the Bank would just be fair and honest with you. But lying and using money inappropriately is what got them
into this Huge Mess to begin with. So, I guess we shouldn't expect they'd change their ways when things got worse. ~ One angle you could
use with the Religious TV Network is how Quilting brings women together as a Community of Sisterhood.

Well My Porchies...I'm off to sleep, not going to read or have tea tonight. Just blissful sleep...I pray.

DARLENE...WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOR YOUR SURGERY TODAY! May you find peace, comfort and trust In The Great Physician today. He will be
right in that operating room with you...guiding the doctors and nurses hands as they work on you and lending His healing touch
to your body, mind and spirit. We Love You Farm Sister! You have a special place in all of our hearts. Wish I were close enough to
help you through the Radiation and Chemo Treatments. My heart is with you darlen!

Good Night Lovely Ladies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 23 2011 01:32:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  08:22:31 AM  Show Profile
Bunny the Proverbs 31:10-31 woman check that out. Talk about Christian values, non better
OK I made cherry butter. Anyone have some shortcake???? Hugs

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  10:29:08 AM  Show Profile

Cherime...The Proverbs 31 Woman, is a great suggestion.

Stacie...I am sitting here sippen your wonderful tea. Thanks girlfriend, this is a new flavor for me.
And I am really enjoying it's light fruity flavor. Thanks!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  11:08:37 AM  Show Profile
WOW - what a busy, full porch it's been. So good to see all of you and "try" to catch up. Thanks for all the goodies you've been setting out, yum!
Hello to the "newer" ladies, I've been so infrequent I feel like a newbie again myself.

If anyone was on the ornament list and didn't get one from me, please let me know. I made 13 but only ended up with 11 addresses. Not sure who I am missing??...
Judy, are you on the ornament list?

Megan, please keep/add me to the birthday address list. I'm hoping/praying that I will be a regular porch visitor again. Your enthusiasm is infectious and thank you for taking care of this while Darlene isn't able to.

Peggy, I LOVE coloring books!!! I have a whole stack that I've accumulated (obsessive) over the past few years. I buy mostly from Amazon and they have hundreds that are geared for adults, just about any theme imaginable. Cost is average $3.95. Generally, when I'm buying books from them, I end up adding a coloring book to get me into the FREE super saver shipping option. If I'm going to spend the money on shipping anyway, I'd rather spend the little bit and get a "free" coloring book. I usually take them on vacation and camping trips. I'm sort of protective of them and only allow folks 12+ to color in them. I have simpler books for the younger set. When you color a page, you write your name, date and location on the edge of the page. They are neat to look back through and remember special vacations/trips with family and friends. Sort of a travel log and memory jogger.

Pam, I hope you're able to get out camping on your own, sounds divine. My DD and I just went camping this past weekend (Thurs - Sun) It was really neat to be out just us. We both love the woods, tents and cooking outdoors. This was my first camping trip w/out my DH. He couldn't get Thurs/Fri off so he joined us Saturday afternoon. So peaceful. Now I'm ready to try a trip on my own. Sorry about your car, too. We have one like that, hard to trust it for any distance but even with repairs, it is better than a car payment at this point.

Julie - thank you for the info on making laundry soap!. I've had a recipe hanging on my fridge and even most of the ingredients. Just needed the extra nudge to get to it. Now that I hear how easy it actually is, I want to make a batch this week. Just need to restock my Borax, since I use it in our hard water already. Thanks!

Tammy, praying you'll have success with the buying/selling/moving.

Kim, thanks for all the pictures and sharing about your kids - the time flies so quickly. My DH always said "We're growing kids not grass." Whenever anyone commented about the state of our yard - bike trails, yard toys. So I know he'd rather I spent my time in their younger years playing with them than worrying about how the house looked.

I've been praying for Darlene all day and trusting that the Great Physician has her in the palm of His hand.

The weather here is fantastic today - no humidity, blue skies, puffy clouds and soft breeze. I've had the clothesline full since yesterday morning! Love it!
Well, we're still unpacking, cleaning up and putting away gear. I so look forward to being here again.

later and many....
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Aug 23 2011 11:17:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  11:49:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Ok Ladies, Who felt the Earthquake. I have friends that felt it in SC and in GA...can't believe you could feel it that far from Washington, DC. Hope everyone is ok.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  12:31:06 PM  Show Profile
Stacie...I didn't know you could get coloring books from Amazon. I mean it makes sense...I just never thought about it
when placing orders. I will keep that HOT little tip at my frontal lobes. I love it that...you love to color too. How fun!
And I love the fact that you date the page and write the name of the person who colored it. Great idea.

Penny...who had an Earthquake???? I have been listening to Christian Radio and have had no TV on. Hope it wasn't a bad one.

I have accomplished a lot this morning...and I was just taking another Tea Break before I go at it again. I too have been
praying today for Darlene. Love that farmgirl!!

more later...
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  1:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, Isn't it funny how even at our ages we love to color. I still do, something so soothing about it. The quake was outside of DC.. and we felt it all the way down here in the south. Don't think anyone was hurt, as of yet no injuries reported. DH watches the news alot and is the one who told me. I've been on the puter a bit but sewing an apron today (my first) so after he told me I got on Facebook and alot of my friends have reported feeling it in SC and GA. I am sending Darlene a card tomorrow. Do you know when she will be going home from the hospital? I have her in my prayers.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  1:47:39 PM  Show Profile
We felt it here in southern PA! A first for us.
Weird, I don't think I could handle that as a regular occurrence. Haven't heard anything from family that are in that area.
Hoping everyone is safe.

I seriously love coloring - no, seriously. I prefer colored pencils and am trying to figure out how to get a set of prismacolor high quality pencils. I currently have a big set of the roseart pencils but the colors aren't true. anyhoo...
Enjoying the rest of the day as long as it doesn't start jumping around again.

I'm leaving fresh carrot cake and minted lemonade on the porch for ya'.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  2:19:56 PM  Show Profile
So today was clean the house day. I might have gone overboard because my husband asked who was coming over!!! I was just trying to get caught up as I got behind when the kids were in swim lessons. :) I feel like a drill sergeant right now. Have you ever tried to get a three year old to clean up her room?????

Judy - The missionaries were from a remote area of Idaho. I wanted to move there after seeing the pictures. Mountains, trees, snow..... sigh, felt like home. They're in the Rockies and I'm from the foothill of the Rockies, just the other end and in another country. Of course, my area of the Rockies are bigger, more rugged but it's all gorgeous. They sure seemed like good folk doing a hard work. Actually, my horse is a Peruvian Paso not a Paso Fino. The Peruvian Paso and Paso Fino have similarities but they are different breeds. The Peruvian has a swinging motion with the front legs (like a swimmer) and the Fino goes straight up and down. Plus the Peruvian is a smoother breed. I'll see if I can find a picture to post. :)

Peggy Ann - Your granddaughter is about the cutest thing to draw in oxygen!

Bunny - Banks are evil! The thing is they're not just hurting the public they are also cutting their own throats with their actions. It's all dumb and it explains atleast one reason why such a great nation is crumbling.

Staci - Love your verse. I have that on a clock, my parents have it on a door knocker.

My son (5) said the cutest thing today. We were doing school and he told me he's trying very hard to love God. I told him that was a wonderful thing. Everything he's doing right now is something he's "trying very hard to". I'll ask him to finish his meal, "I'm trying very hard". You can tell what they hear alot too as my daughter (3) was struggling with her cursive writing and my son told her, "Just keep trying. Practice, practice and you'll get better." :) I'm so blessed to be a stay at home momma and have all these moments with them.

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  2:25:14 PM  Show Profile
So here's Hijuelo Sondeo. This was spring before he had finished shedding out.

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  3:23:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
How beautiful Kimberly, We have Missouri Fox Trotters...love them...horses are great. Not sure if I have a close up pic but I have a pic of them in the snow last year.
Your son sounds like a real sweetie...great brother.

Staci, Praying your family is safe. You need to post some of your coloring pages...love to see them.

I will see you ladies latter, going to cook for DH...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Aug 23 2011 3:25:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  3:43:50 PM  Show Profile
I haven't had the chance to ride a Foxtrotter but they sound like a fantastic breed! I plead ignorance as I'm Canadian not American....where is GA? I thought it was Georgia but that there is snow, does Georgia get snow????

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  4:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Kimberly,It is Georgia and we don't usually get snow but last year we got snow 3 times...amazing... we were all so surprised.

Porchies....I did it, I made my first apron. DH took the pic sorry it isn't better but he tried...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page