Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  5:11:32 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Pam, don't let your Mom discourage your dreams! If I could, I would live on the farm my Grandma grew up on. I think it would be so awesome to live a true farmgirl lifestyle. Megan
I'm not about to let her discourage me....I think if there was someone else to help me out, it would be better, but it's not like it's not do-able (either a roommate or doing it by myself). If I believe it will happen, God will make it happen. (That's my verse for my Ebenezer group: Jesus said I tell you whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it & it will be yours Mark 11:24 NIV). Hope you have fun at school & in rugby although it does sound like a rough sport lol. I was a figure skater until I graduated. Not that I was really that great at it - I was a little bottom heavy & my feet would rather stay on the ground than try to jump more than 2 inches off the ground/ice.
quote:
Pam, I hope you're able to get out camping on your own, sounds divine. My DD and I just went camping this past weekend (Thurs - Sun) It was really neat to be out just us. We both love the woods, tents and cooking outdoors. This was my first camping trip w/out my DH. He couldn't get Thurs/Fri off so he joined us Saturday afternoon. So peaceful. Now I'm ready to try a trip on my own. Sorry about your car, too. We have one like that, hard to trust it for any distance but even with repairs, it is better than a car payment at this point. Staci
Staci - we have it all planned out :). My mom, sister, niece & nephew are going up on Friday afternoon/evening, and leaving Sunday (maybe not my nephew - he may be staying for a day or two for "aunty time" - big suck he is! And he knows that aunty won't say "no" to him....oh goodness). Anyhow. On Wednesday (I think) I have a massage at 8:30 pm by my good friend Jen, so I should sleep good Wednesday night! I'm taking some projects to work on - a couple of shawls to crochet, an embroidered quilt for my niece, and a few books to read too! I better start making my list now! Don't want to forget anything!

Lovely pictures of your horses, ladies! I'm jealous lol. And Penny (sorry! I had the wrong name in there first!), I really like your apron, in particular the rufflies on the pockets :). Those make me smile :).

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010

Edited by - 22angel on Aug 23 2011 6:35:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  5:18:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Pam, 22 Angel, I'm glad you like the apron it was fun making...was going to put ruffles on the neck area too then decided it might be just a little to much...It is my first but hope to try a little fancier one soon. Have fun on your trip and get some rest.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  5:20:14 PM  Show Profile
Well Porchies, I give up!

I spent 2 weeks workin on broke down cars, which we now have 2 out of 3 not runnin. Our tiller lost a pin somewhere in the garden and the lever arm fell off over the weekend. We still haven't found an acceptable replacement. I was feelin very angry and upset.

Then the phone rings yesterday. The water company was callin to tell me that we have a water leak somewhere. They said that we've used 21,000 gallons of water this month, and we usually average 7,500! We spent last evenin walkin the basement and yard lookin for anything that might tell us where the leak is at. Today we decided to shut off the water in the house and check the meter pit to see if the leak is between the 2 places underground. The pit is completely full of water!

We called the water company and they said they couldn't shut the water off at the pit because the shut off valve was broken. So we were diggin around the pit tryin to get the water to drain off, of course we don't have a pump to get the water out, and it starts to rain! HARD! We dug till we were soaked and slippin all over the place, then we gave up and came in. The laundry room is a disaster now with mud and water all over the place. I have to scrub up our shoes and clean it up tomorrow.

I'm gonna sit down with some tea from all you wonderful ladies in the tea swap and wait for my turn at the shower. At least my bathrobe is fuzzy and warm and the tea is good and the company is great. I have a few colorin books that are special paper that makes the pictures like stained glass windows and I think I will color some to hang in my windows! I love a little color therapy!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  5:54:41 PM  Show Profile
Angela wins for the worst day, hands down! So are you charged for that water then?

Penny, the apron is so cute. Good job!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  6:00:43 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies..
been a crazy day with a QUAKE AND A HURRICANE ON THE WAY?
think we should all sit down and have tea and cookies today.
Tea and cookies and a little chat and laughter in the late afternoon sun.
What do you think? Are you in?
prayers for all my farmgirl sisters
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  6:08:33 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
think we should all sit down and have tea and cookies today. Tea and cookies and a little chat and laughter in the late afternoon sun. What do you think? Are you in?
been a crazy day for alot of us we felt the shake from the quake in VA
and now i hear we are in for it with hurricane Irene???
prays for all my farmgirl sisters
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  6:26:22 PM  Show Profile
Wow Angela, I definately don't think my day was as bad as yours. Hope things turn around for you, you're definately due some good luck.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  6:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Angela sure hope things get better for you...sounds like you really deserve a break.

Deborah, hope everyone in your area is safe after the quake, and hope the hurricane changes paths for all of us on the east coast...and yes tea and cookies sound like a great idea.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  6:59:33 PM  Show Profile
So much to catch up on with everybody :O) Missed you gals. My tomatoes have started ripening so I'm starting to put those up. Tonight I've got a cookie sheet of grape tomatoes with oil, oregano, and basil roasting up in the oven. Smells divine if I do say so LOL. Also did a bunch of little jars of bruschetta in a jar. It's the first time I've tried this recipe. If I end up liking it I will cut the tomatoes smaller the next time around - recipe said 1" cubes but I think that's too big for bruschetta. We'll start making the marinara sauce this weekend. Hopefully I'll get pickles started this weekend.

We were able to go to the Armada Fair Saturday evening. It rained and thunderstormed right before we left and while we were driving there but stopped raining once we got there. It was nice for us since there were fewer people there. My friends band was playing was we hung out with them for a bit. I hope I can get some things completed so I can enter them next year in whichever fair we're close to.

Nothing solid regarding my job. Don't know if I mentioned I got my layoff notice or not, August 31st is my last day with the company that currently has the contract. We were told that another company had received the contract but now they're telling us that they just started negotiations on Monday and hopefully by Friday they will have something for us. I sent my resume in over a week ago and haven't heard anything. An email we received today said if we hadn't heard from the new company to contact Mr. X. I called Mr. X and was told that he's no longer the project manager that Mr. Y is now. Of course when I called Mr. Y all I could get was his voice mail and no return call. Rumor is they're cutting hours to 30 hrs/wk with reduced benefits. Df wants me to only work 4 days a week so I save on gas but the captain I work for wants me in 5 days.

I'm sort of okay with the 30 hrs/wk odd as it may seem. I can do things that I can't do when everybody is home; exercise, walk the dogs, sew, read a book, make meals/foods that take to long to prepare if I get home later, or simply vegetate if I want. It's about the perfect time to have my hours cut to so I can focus on harvesting and canning :O) I'm really trying to stay positive about this as much as I can.

Well I need to go check my roasting tomatoes. I'd like to get in bed a bit early if possible. Might make myself a cup of tea to relax and possibly knocked out a chapter or two. Night everybody :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  7:10:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Bunny, I'll be praying that you get the show!
Staci, I will put you on the new list! I do hope you're able to visit us more:)
Kimberly and Penny, what pretty horses! I remember when I was younger I was always into watching The Saddle Club. I ride horses at the zoo and things like that, but after I broke my arm after falling off of a horse, I haven't gone riding officially ever since!
Pam, that's a great quote! I'll have to remember that. Yes, rugby is definitely rougher than your average sports! My Mom figure skated when she was younger, but she hasn't skated in a really long time!
Angela, I'm so sorry that happened! You deserve a relaxing sit on the porch!
I hope everyone is okay who was affected by the earthquake.
Today I had a great student recruitment meeting, and I'm really excited to tell girls why they should come to my school! Rugby was good, and now I'm getting ready for my first day tomorrow! Exciting things are happening! I hope everyone has wonderful and joyous Wednesdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  7:12:08 PM  Show Profile
Hello porchies,
I am here with chocolate chip scones (i bought..due to my oven quitting yesterday) and chocolate chip tea from Adagios...enjoy

Great first day of school with little butterflies. But I had to chuckle we have had all this really cool weather last week and wouldn't you know today it was in the 90's with heat index over 100. where is it written that on the first day of school it must be be hot. WE spent the day basically getting organized and going over things. they are going to be an interesting class. Already make me laugh! I am sure I will have stories to share.

Well ladies, I am off to have evening tea and get ready for a new day. 5:30 comes early. I get up early to spend some time with God before I head out.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  8:46:39 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

I decided when it was my turn at the shower, since the pressure sucked anyhow, I was gonna take my time. We are payin a fortune for the leak, what's a few extra minutes? I scrubbed up then let the water run on the massage setting on the showerhead. My hair is thick and long, so it's hard to rinse anyhow. I just let it beat on my neck and back rinsin out the conditioner. It was nice.

I then sat down with a cuppa quince tea and some dark chocolate chunk brownie cookies. I made some really rich chocolate carmel cinnamon vanilla half-caf cappaccino. I mix cinnamon vanilla instant cappaccino with chocolate carmel creamer and Roma. Roma is a no-caffine roasted soy beverage that tastes similar to esspresso. It makes for a really rich, not such sleep killin, coffee house type drink. I'm just sittin and sippin the spoil-yourself-type drinks and restin my tired body.

I gave up tryin to remember where I put those colorin books, they'll turn up on their own. I decided to just veg out in front of the tv instead. I'm gonna get to bed soon since I'll probably be diggin agian tomorrow.

I have added the thank you's and the they need you's to my prayer list. I also want to offer welcome's to the new girls.

I'm sorry my posts have been more on the ventin side than the chattin side of late. I guess I've been somewhat distracted and overly busy. Please know that you girls are always in my heart and on my mind. I love you all and I swear I'll be more chatty and do less ventin soon.

I hope you all have a nice day tomorrow and everyone finds something to smile about!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  9:03:13 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone. Nice out here on the porch. Lots of tea and cookies. I need that chocolate. My sewing class didn't go so well yesterday. I found out I upset one little girl and she wouldn't come back today. She was very talkative and was distracting the others. They weren't doing their projects and just standing around listening to her. So because I had so many I had them all over the store working. I put her in a separate room alone. Not that we didn't use that room for sewing and ironing..it just had room for one person to pin her pattern on. So I figured it would keep her out of everyone's path for a while. I made the mistake of telling her mom she was quite talkative and I had her work by herself for a little while. I guess it embarrassed the little girl and made her mother mad... so I'm the bad guy. The owner of the sewing store was really nice and didn't scold me or anything.. we just talked. I guess I'm not allowed to be too strict and if their projects don't turn out because they talk to much, as long as they have fun that's all that matters. I told her I was worried that if they pay 70.00 for their child to learn to sew then the project should at least get done and it should look as close as it should as possible. I haven't had problems with any other kids. Everyone loves the class.. I just upset this one little girl. Oh, and I found out a grandmother is upset with me because I told her that her grand daughter used the bathroom many many times during class. I was concerned for her health more than anything. I remember trying to be careful how I said it. If I was in a formal classroom situation, I would have been doing all the right things.. but this is sewing camp. So I'm learning little by little.. I don't like teaching kids.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  9:14:02 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, the Proverbs verse was perfect! By the way, the last 3 times I have opened my bible to look for verses, I open Job. It is starting to freak me out. I read what ever page I open to... But this is getting a little creepy even for me. I have also been having really vivid dreams. Just before I wake up I'm giving a strong command. This morning it was to get a passport. Yesterday, ... now don't laugh.. I got the message to buy tick tacks.. Now, I brush my teeth every day and floss... so what is going on here? I'm wondering what tonight will tell me.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  06:39:29 AM  Show Profile
Megan, I guess I'm just not as smart as some. I've been bucked off many times (it happens when working with young horses), had my nose broken, kicked in the face and had stitches to close up my eyebrow and I still can't get enough of horses. They're in my blood and I can't imagine life without one. Of course, since my accident I have to be careful what I work with so now I only work with tamer horses!! ;) Although I still often get a hankering to ride something with a little more spunk, something to make me feel alive.

Well ladies another day is here. I hope you all find the blessings meant for you within it.

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  07:48:38 AM  Show Profile
Morning Ladies,
I haven't heard any news from the family members that were visiting in VA - and I'm sure I would have if there was bad news.

Kimberly, I have loved that verse from Joshua for years. The reference is part of the family crest I designed for us and is tattooed on my right shoulder.
I love hearing about your kids and I'm very thankful I was able to be a stay-at-home mom at least part time while they were little.
Penny and Kimberly, - thanks for the beautiful pictures of your horses. I've never actually ridden a horse - but it's on my life list.
Great apron, Penny! Ca-ute!
RFM Tammy - it sounds like 30 hours would be great for you in a way but from all you were doing yesterday (thanks for the aroma description) it sound like you know how to get a lot done working five days.
Angela - I'm sorry your trials seem to be ongoing. But I know you're strong. "Color therapy". - i love that term. Think I'm going to adopt it.
Megan - I hope you're having a great first day today!
TL Tammy - sounds like you did have a good first day - hoping #2 is cooler. I admire you're ability to get up and into God's word. I have such a hard time with the early rising part but I think it would be very beneficial. Can you make any recommendations/suggestions? I'd love to become a morning person and start my day with the Lord rather than waiting "til I have time" later in the day.

It's back to work today and I've been on vacation just long enough that I look forward to diving in.
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Aug 24 2011 07:51:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  11:37:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi all..
Tammy, Wish my tomatoes had done better this year but oh well there is always next year. Good luck with the situation on the job, I know it is stressful so have some of the lemon bars I'm leaving and relax a little.

Angela, we are all friends here and one of the things that friends are great for is listening to each other venting. Vent away.. Try to take it as easy as you can and don't over do it..

Bunny, It is so hard dealing with little children...parents and grandparents think their little ones do NO WRONG. If someone ever told me my kids did something, hey I always kept an open mind..cause I knew they weren't perfect and good chance they were guilt..lol...take some deep breaths...hope things get better for you. I understand about the bible thing, that is kind of weird when it happens to me too...can't wait to see what you dreamed last night.

Kimberly, I sure understand the love of horses...love my two...they are great boys. I love it the most that we don't have to keep them pinned up even if it does mean having to cage or rope off everything else to keep them out..

Staci, no news is good news...I don't think there was any injuries at least haven't heard of any.
Thank you for the sweet compliment on my apron too.

My Aunt in RI sent me a link to a reversible apron she wants me to sew, now mind you I haven't seen this Aunt in oh let's see about 35 yrs but we do keep in touch on FB. So going to give it a try (I Think) I have never sewn bias or button holes so we will see how it goes...Should be a challenge...hope everyone has a great day.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  12:28:44 PM  Show Profile
I guess I offended someone so I will say goodbye and see you all down the trail.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  12:32:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh Cherime - I don't think you did, certainly not me!
Please don't go, you inspire me with your strength, resourcefulness and big heart.
Please stay on the porch.
I'm still trying to get caught up with everyone and I enjoy hearing what's going on in your neck of the woods.
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Aug 24 2011 12:34:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  1:57:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies! It took me a while to read through all of the pages of what has been going on. Yesterday we had a little shaking going on around here. Weird. And Deb - you're right there is a Hurricane headed our way. Between the hurrianes and the nor'easters I just don't know which is worse.

Cherime- Last I heard this was a free country - stay on the porch - I love reading about your day.

Tonight we are going to the PNC in Holmdel to see Journey and Foreigner. It's only about a 30 minute drive - much better than driving into NYC!

My classroom is really shaping up. Lord, those closets were stuffed with stuff from a very long time ago. It took me a while to go through it all.

It is getting really windy here - always a harbinger of a storm. I've got my eye on some of my neighbors dead trees that I hope do not fall on my house.

Going to see "The Help" tomorrow with my mom.

Hope I haven;t bored you all with my ramblings - it's just been that kind of a day.

Peace and love to you all.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  2:01:44 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, I must be in the dark on this one. Definately haven't offended me any. I'm inspired by your ability to fix your own appliances!!!!

Penny, that is the cutest apron. When you make it be sure to put up pictures!

All you ladies that pray will you please pray for me. My marriage is in crisis and it's mostly due to inlaws, or as I call them my outlaws! I meant my vows when I said them and I adore that man but I can't take much more pain. I know God is for reconciliation and that's what I'm working towards but it's not an easy trail, is it?

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  3:19:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Kimberly I am with you, in the dark, Cherime, you haven't offended my either...Don't go any where please....

Kimberly I will keep you in my prayers...please stay strong. outlaws can make things so tough...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  4:24:43 PM  Show Profile
Cherime...good grief girl...I am with Elaine, this is a free country and we come here to share Life with each other. I can't imagine anyone taking offense to anything you said. WE ALL WANT YOU TO STAY! PLEASE!

Kimberly...marriage is hard work everyday. It is never easy but it's worth it! Will be praying for you.

Elaine...enjoy the Concert for us all. And let me know what you think of "The Help". Reading it for my book club in
Sept.

Penny...that is a cute apron that your Aunt wants you to make. You can do it!!!

Stacie...so good to have you on the Porch more!

Bunny...don't let a few mom's and grandma's get to you. Or the kids either. Some really want to learn and some
really want to interupt other's wanting to learn. That is all part of teaching. Hang in there...we know you are
a good teacher and good at what you do.

Darlene...prayers still going up for you our Lovely Porchie.

blessings to one and all,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 24 2011 11:02:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  4:33:07 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly, I'll be praying for you. And remember, even though sometimes you can't avoid them, you aren't married to them, only to that man you adore. I hope things work out.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  4:53:54 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, I hope you get the message that we all want you to stay. You are an inspiration to me big time. I think there are lots of us farmgirls that feel the same. Please don't go!

Peggy, I woke up feeling better today about my class. We all had a great time. It is hard for me when I know I have hurt or disappointed someone. But I feel like if I try to justify it..."ie: some people are just grumps" I am not being responsible for my actions. So I asked myself for forgiveness ( very hard to do) and did move on. I know I can't please everyone all the time.

Penny, I love the apron your Aunt wants you to make. You can totally do it! Button holes are scary but once you do one.. you'll kick yourself for not trying it earlier. They can be soooo easy. The apron is really cute! BTW, I dreamed that I need to see the man about the quilt show I want to do on his TV station. For the last 3 nights right before I wake up in the morning, I get a very forceful message. I have never trusted my dreams before. Not sure what this is all about. But I'm not taking any chances. The passport one is a bit scary. Expensive too.. it will cost about $150.00 for pictures and the application fees.

Elaine, Tammy has butterflies, you will have to tell us a good name for your charges for the new year. I forgot what grade you are teaching.

Kimberly, I'm so sorry you are stressed about inlaws. I will pray for you big time. What is it about inlaws! Hang in there and if nothing else, communication with your hubby is most important. Deep breaths and send them some blessings and love even if you don't feel it. Hard as it is.. sometimes it works.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page